Delete records from DB

Hi,

When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed
on DB with deletion code = 2.

Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on
user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has deletion
code as 2 using query analyzer tools??

Carrie

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM has a deletion service that will come through eventually and delete the
records.  Make sure the service is running on the CRM server.
Microsoft CRM Deletion Service

Don't manually delete the records.  The service will also clean up all the
descendent records (ie. Activities) when it cleans up the deleted
leads/opps.

"Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed
> on DB with deletion code = 2.
>
> Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on
> user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has
> deletion
> code as 2 using query analyzer tools??
>
> Carrie

0
Joe
5/16/2006 12:10:42 PM
Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for your info. In addition, i wanna know how often does MSFT
CRM deletion service run in a day??

Can u explain to me why delete record manually is not recommended??

Rgds,
Carrie

"Joe L" wrote:

> CRM has a deletion service that will come through eventually and delete the
> records.  Make sure the service is running on the CRM server.
> Microsoft CRM Deletion Service
>
> Don't manually delete the records.  The service will also clean up all the
> descendent records (ie. Activities) when it cleans up the deleted
> leads/opps.
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed
> > on DB with deletion code = 2.
> >
> > Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on
> > user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has
> > deletion
> > code as 2 using query analyzer tools??
> >
> > Carrie

I deleted a Competitor that had Opportunity records assigned to it without
error or warning.  I noticed that the OpportunityCompetitors records are
still in the system and they don't have a special deletion code.  Will the
deletion service clean these up as well or should I have deleted the
associations priorto deleting the Competitor?

Thanks,
Ben

"Joe L" wrote:

> CRM has a deletion service that will come through eventually and delete the
> records.  Make sure the service is running on the CRM server.
> Microsoft CRM Deletion Service
>
> Don't manually delete the records.  The service will also clean up all the
> descendent records (ie. Activities) when it cleans up the deleted
> leads/opps.
>

> "Carrie" <Carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When a record is deleted from application, as i notice, it's still existed
> > on DB with deletion code = 2.
> >
> > Since i deleted quite a lot of data from lead and opportunity based on
> > user's request, can i just delete all garbages from my db which has
> > deletion
> > code as 2 using query analyzer tools??
> >
> > Carrie

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

Delete rows with true or false
Hi, I want to delete all the rows that contain the word true or false. How can I do this? Thanks Diana wrote: > Hi, > > I want to delete all the rows that contain the word true or false. How > can I do this? Can you sort on the column containing true or false, then select all the rows in one group and delete them? Or does it need to be automatic? -- Jordon If the data is in one column, you could apply data|filter|autofilter (in xl2003 menus) to that column. Show the rows that contain either True or False and delete the visible rows. Then remove the au...

recording changes
I have a field called "TimeStamp" What I would like is that if someone modifiys or make any change in the form that the "TimeStamp" will record the time and date of change. How can this be achieved? sandrao In an event procedure in the form's AfterUpdate event, you could do something like: Me!txtYourTimeStampField = Now() Note that if you use the BeforeUpdate event, every time your code changes the value of this field, the form tries to update, the BeforeUpdate (re-)triggers, and you "loop up" (at least, it seems to me I've seen this...)...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Possible to Look Up Records by Initials?
I have a user who's telling me that prior to this weekend in CRM, she could lookup user records by initials rather than typing in part of the name. I don't see where that setting would have been marked in CRM. Has anyone else heard of this? If so, how did you implement this type of search customization/configuration? Steps to recreate problem: Account screen Account Owner field's magnifying glass Assign Account Assign to another user fields magnifiying glass Look Up Records' Look For field = initials of user you're attempting to Find. I doubt you can use the init...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

HOWTO create a Mail Merge Template in MSCRM with multiple child records
Hi, I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order details (product and prices) related to the order record? This sounds like a parent-child template. Any idea? On Jun 2, 1:26=A0pm, "Benjie Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I have created successfully a basic Mail Merge template in MS Word in > Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Order Entity. > My challenge now is how to design a template that retrieves the order > details (prod...

Recording ownership in an LLC partnership
I'm a partner in an LLC company and would like to track my ownership interest in Money 2004. It's not "real" obvious how I might go about this, particularly ... What account type should be used? How do I record my portion of the profits earned, for which I'm am personally taxed? How do I record the gain in ownership value these profits provided when I haven't necessarily received them in cash? How do I record a portion of these profits as received in cash when they aren't dividends but distributions? I'd prefer to use an investment oriented approach rather ...

Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?
In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I don't know how to code VB. Darlene wrote: > In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro. Excel records the keystrokes > and converts to VB. Does Publisher have that option? In my version, > Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB. However, I > don't know how to code VB. Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry. --...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

records in current month
Hi I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please Thanks Alec Set the criteria under the date field to: Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0) -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "alecgreen" wrote: > Hi > > I want to use a query that returns records in the current month from a > date field, but cant work the query out - anyone help please > > Thanks > > Alec > > ...

Remake deleted account in Windows Live Mail
Hi, is it possible to remae an acount I have removed from Windows Live Mail ? Or just a possibility to import the emails there was in the 2 account I removed ? I did not think the program would delete the emails, when I removed the account settings. Hope someone can help, as there are some emails I would like to save. Best wishes Steen Did you look on the web access for those accounts to see if the emails are still out there? "steendk" <steendk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:652B3826-1F5C-4309-99DC-7EE579109C44@microsoft.com......

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...

Show me these records
Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains street name of "ivycrest" and I have multiple streets. How do I do this? Please help? MS Access has records and MS Excel has columns. You would use a Query in MS Access and Find in MS Excel. Tammy wrote: > Ok, I guess I didn't really post what I needed earlier. > > I need to see the info in column a,b,c,d,e,f where column "c" contains > street name of "ivycrest" > > and I have multiple st...

How to limit insertion of records
I have two tables as follows: TABLE1: (BUSINESS TYPE) ===== ID Business Type (With a lookup choice like: Individual, Partnership, Company) TABLE2: (OWNERS) ===== ID Business Type (Looked up from Table1) Owners I want the Table2 based subform, to allow only a SINGLE record to be entered if an INDIVIDUAL business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, Maximum of SEVEN records if PARTNERSHIP business type is selected in the Table1 based main form, and UNLIMITED records if COMPANY business type is selected in the Table1 based main form. Any guidance shall be highl...

how to maintain of trace of record ownership?
Hi all, One of users will be out of the office for a longer period of time, hence she assigns her records (e.g. opportunities) to other users. Is there a way to build up record history for this? So that the records can later on be easily returned to the original owner. In other words, does MS CRM provide tracing of records? Thank you for replying. Basman Basman, The bad news is, CRM does not provide a way to trace assignment changes out of the box. (In fact, this is one of those strange areas where they don't even pass it through the post-callout mechanism.) If you have the Profe...

Record of attached file
Does anybody know how to make Outlook 2002 automatically insert the file name (of the file that is attached to the e-mail) at the bottom of the body of the message? example: <<test.xls>> Outlook Rich Text - files inserted in the body where the insertion point it. Plain Text - files inserted in window below the message body. HTML - files inserted in header just below the subject. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

Does it possible to merge these DB's
I'm Unable to merge 1. Old : i have the course code as the foriegn key. 2. New : i have taken the related ID to Trans ID .. Please check it here.. http://sites.google.com/site/backupsclub/heg.rar%3Fattredirects%3D0%26d%3D1&usg=AFQjCNE-wb_uJWuNyOYZxubzx9p3cekNdQ I do not go to unknown sites and your post is confusing. The subject of your post says "these DB's" which I assume to be two databases but other information looks like they are tables instead. What are the table and field names with datatype. Post sample data from each. -- Build a l...

Visible for Current Record
Hi Groupies I have a subform that is set as continuous, the Employee ID field is set to not visible. What I would like is that when a user clicks on a name field for one of the subform records, the corresponding Employee ID becomes visible but only for that one record. When the focus moves to a different record the ID becomes invisible again and visible on the record that now has the focus. I have been able to make the ID field show up for all of the records in the subform but not just the one I am on. -- Thanks for the brainwaves! CJ -------------------- I blame the parents Well...

How to delete digits after period
I am working on a price list and want to delete the multiple digit after the period and permanmently on keep two. I know about th increase and decrease decimal. But I need to permanently delete th digits. Can anyone help -- Rogerm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rogermb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31936 Hi =ROUND(A1,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rogermb" <Rogermb.1g4s7z@excelforum-nospam.com> sch...

Duplicate Records #2
I am not real proficient in Excel but received a large (18,000+) file from Data Processing in Excel to use for a mailing. My question is, I need to find duplicate addresses and delete those before I do the mailing. I work for the school district, so many families have more than one child in the district and they only need to receive one letter. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Kristy -- Kristy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kristy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37546 View this thread: http://w...

Scheduled Bills/Deposits being deleted by MSN Money!
Money 2k4 Deluxe and Money Central, win xp pro sp-1 tho I doubt this matter.. I have about 2 dozen scheduled bills or deposits set up. When I sync my account with MSN Money, I lose a number of these, they simply aren't listed anymore, although about 10 or so remain. For the life of me, I can't figure out WHY this is happening. For the moment, I'm simply not syncing with MSN money, but that's a less than optimal solution, as it means I have to manually download electronic statements for half a dozen bank accounts. I have before and after screenshots of the bills page, if seeing ...

Remote DB Access for Store Operations
I have poured over previous questions on this topic but have not found the specific setup instructions. I already understand this is an unsupported configuration and that it will run slowly through a VPN due to the volume of database communication activity. That being said...here is my question: I need to add thousands of descriptions and images that will sync to our new web storefront from our RMS terminal. This is clearly more efficient to do on another computer other than the POS terminal. We have a secure VPN connection in place already to the POS terminal. When we setup an ODBC se...

sharing records to teams using workflow
hello, v 4.0: I want to share a record with a team depending on a value entered into one of that records attributes. Can I do this via Workflow. If not, any suggestions how this could be done. thanks. -- regards, Mark Yes, but you would need to write a custom activity that would take the team and record as input (or could use the record the workflow is executing on to make it more generic). The custom activity would have to do the actual sharing. Michael "Mark Gullick" wrote: > hello, > > v 4.0: I want to share a record with a team depending on a value entered...