delete multiple leads

IS it posible to delete more than 30000 leads created on an specific time at
once?
How?

Thanks in advance
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can try manually setting the DeleteionStateCode on the LEadsBase table to 2.
Then the Deleteion Service will actually perform the delete for you in the
background.  You could also try to manually delete the records directly from the
table.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:46:29 -0800, una@cualquiera.com
<unacualquieracom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

IS it posible to delete more than 30000 leads created on an specific time at
once?
How?

Thanks in advance

0
Matt
1/24/2005 3:28:21 PM
MS support has strongly advised that you do not just set the
DeleteionStateCode to 2.

The problem with doing this is that several records in other tables may have
links to the record and will not get adjusted correctly if you do not delete
the record via the API.  Example.  If you have a lead that has activities
and notes attached to it and you promote it to a contact, the activities and
notes for the lead need to be marked for deletion and the orginating lead
reference in the contact needs to be removed.

I support a company has the same issue as they need to delete a large volume
of leads once a year.

The way we handle it is that I wrote a web application that will accept a
txt file that contains a list of leadids that we want removed.  My web
application performs lead deletions via the SDK.  I queue up about 5000
leads per text file and run them through my application.

Note that this just marks the records for deletion.  The deletion service is
what is responsible for actually deleting the records from the database.

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
> You can try manually setting the DeleteionStateCode on the LEadsBase table
> to 2.
> Then the Deleteion Service will actually perform the delete for you in the
> background.  You could also try to manually delete the records directly
> from the
> table.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:46:29 -0800, una@cualquiera.com
> <unacualquieracom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> IS it posible to delete more than 30000 leads created on an specific time
> at
> once?
> How?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Laz

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Cannot Delete a rule in the Rules Wizard
I am running Outlook 2002. I am trying to delete a rule in the rules wizard (I no longer want certain email to be sent to a special folder). In the 'Apply rules in the following order' box, I click the rule to delete. I then click delete (as directed by the Outlook help files). When I try to click OK, it gives the following message: 'A value in the Rule Description box has not been set..to set a value, click underlined words at the bottom of the Rules Wizard'. Can anyone offer some suggestions? Thanks, Howard ...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

can't delete inbox on Outlook 6
I need help in deleting 368 messages in the in basket on my boss' computer. Trying all the obvious methods of deleting, the program does not react to anything. (delete key on keyboard, command on menu, etc.) I know there must be a way to remove these messages (one is increidbly long and perhaps the villian...been in the inbox since early October!). Since this is my boss' computer, is there anyone that can make me look like a hero? thanks, debe Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a q...

delete ghost spaces
Got this code.... Doesnt always work for some reason. Any alternate way to put this? (Or is something wrong with it?) Sub eat_spaces() Dim c As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual For Each c In Range("G2:T1500") c = Replace(c, " ", "") Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic End Sub I'm going to guess some of your spaces are non-breaking spaces (usually acquired from webpage text), so try using this line of code i...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

deleting duplicate rows
I have an import file that might have duplicates that I don't want to deal with. I'm creating a temp table from the import file and want to delete the duplicates from the temp table before proceding with other code. Here's an example table: create table #temp (itemnum int, firstname varchar(10), notes varchar(50)) insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some other note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (2, ...

Delete drop down list
I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I have a list that is no longer useful and would like to delete it from the worksheet (To clarify: I am talking about removing the list from the list of list names that appears when using the F3 key) Thank you -- MZ Select the range. From menu Data>Validation>Select 'Any value' OR If you dont have data in those cells from menu Edit>Clear>All -- Jacob "MZ" wrote: > I see instructions for creating drop down lists, but not for deleting them. I > have a l...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

Outlook keeps deleting emails
subject says it all... about a week ago, i noticed that a week's worth of email had been deleted from my inbox, but all of the emails in the subfolders were all there. after resetting my views on the delete folder, i was able to see all of my missing emails and recover them all. then it happened again - several days worth of emails just go to the delete folder. it has happened several times now, and everytime the emails end up in the delete folder. some emails have been read, others were still unread. we are using exchange 2003 for our email server and my computer is ...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

retrieving deleted items
If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those without doing a restore? They aren't in her deleted items. if you have DIR configured on that mailbox store, you can recover them by selecting the deleted items folder, and selecting Tools, Recover deleted items from the menu in Outlook... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eW$YsTMOGHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > If a user deleted a bunch of emails before quitting can I retrieve those > without doing a restore? They aren'...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...

sorting activities for each lead/contact by actual end dates
When I view the activities associated with each lead and contacts, the actual end date are not shown. Does anyone know how I can dispaly this field? The activities list in workplace does show the actual end dates but we'd like to see that when we access the list through indivial contact/lead record. Thanks, Victoria Hi Victoria, There is no good out of the box way to do this in MSCRM today. We're working hard to fix this for v2.0. Many of our customers have worked around this issue by registering for a post call out on the activity creation, and then having a custom object wh...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Locate and delete specific cells
I need to locate all cells that have a specific value, then delete those cells and the cells to the immediate left of those with the specified value. Once the cells are deleted, I want to shift the remaining cells up. I have worksheets with names and values. The values are frequently "NA". I need to delete the values of NA and the name associated with that value, I then want to shift everything up so as to remove all the blanks. Right now I anm doing it manually, and I am sure there is an easier way of doing it. You can do that directly withour first deleteing the values, sele...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......