Delete Business Unit

I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a
Business Unit in CRM.  This may be a strict administrative procedure, but
there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes
out associated records.  Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the Systems
Administrator to perform this action would be useful.  Why keep a database
cluttered with invalid data?  Better to allow some clean up method.  Think of
the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in the
name.  Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=25bfa440-aa9c-4878-b1c1-36490b3504fb&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

atleast renaming!

"David Wasserman" <DavidWasserman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:25BFA440-AA9C-4878-B1C1-36490B3504FB@microsoft.com...
>I suggest to Microsoft to provide a way to allow for the deletion of a
> Business Unit in CRM.  This may be a strict administrative procedure, but
> there should be a way to delete any type of data entered, even if it wipes
> out associated records.  Perhaps a stern warning, only allowing the
> Systems
> Administrator to perform this action would be useful.  Why keep a database
> cluttered with invalid data?  Better to allow some clean up method.  Think
> of
> the scenario whereby a Business Unit gets created and there is a typo in
> the
> name.  Currently, disabling it doesn't get rid of it.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=25bfa440-aa9c-4878-b1c1-36490b3504fb&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Sunil

Deleted Subfolder
A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in the recover deleted items option, any ideas where did it evaporate? Thanks alot, Did you enable the reg hack to view Recovery Deleted Items for ALL folders? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2512E426-9CA7-4B49-AD6E-E9B7405FFD1D@microsoft.com... >A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in >the >...

Delete In-Transit Transactions
We have several In-Transit transactions that were abandoned. Some are in Picked Status and a couple are in shipped status. The system will not let us delete the transactions. It seems ridiculous that there isn't a way to delete it. Can someone offer a solution to this problem. Thank you, Erin Hello Erin - Thank you for using Microsoft Discussion groups. My name is Andy and I will be assisting you today. I understand you have several In-Transit Transactions that weren't transferred completely. You would like to know how to clear these out. It appears the system thinks th...

Email Retention Policy /Mailbox Deletion policy interaction
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with the following question: Our organisation is running Exchange 2000 with the following configuration : We retain deleted items/mailboxes for 30 days before they are purged from the system. We run a mailbox retention policy that auto-deletes mail older than 6 months. We want to know if mail that is deleted by the retention policy is retained for 30 days before being purged? Im of the opinion that the Mailbox Management process that enforces the retention policy bypasses the mail item/mailbox deletion settings set on the mailstores. We would like confirm...

Trying to purchase Money home and business 2008 from outside the US
When I click on buy this product, it takes me through to a payment screen for US and Puerto Rico residents only - how can I purchase this outside the US??? In microsoft.public.money, Oli Johnson wrote: >When I click on buy this product, it takes me through to a payment >screen for US and Puerto Rico residents only - how can I purchase this >outside the US??? Some have posted success with using a US address. Some have said that the credit card not having a US address was a problem, and others have not had a problem. It's peculiar. I wish there were a better solution. It is n...

Unblock Delete Key
I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot delete a part of a document by highlighting it and simply pressing the delete key. The delete key does not work. Where do I rectify this setting please. In Word 2003, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing replaces selection" box | OK. Probably on the big 'pizza' button in 2007, but I'm still avoiding using 2007 so not sure. -- Rae Drysdale "Y Fashions" wrote: > I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot > delete a part o...

outlook deleting online email not syncing
I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line email however it moves everything from my web based email inbox to my outlook but doesnt leave a copy on the webbased email and so when I go onto the my email account all the emails have gone. How can I return all the emails from outlook and also stop outlook from transferring the mail rather than syncronising with it. Any help gladly received. "Fred Kruger" <FredKruger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1E5543-C920-467D-BAA6-07BD335354EB@microsoft.com... >I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line em...

Alternate units of measure for Bill of Materials build
Bills of materials in IC sets itself automatically to set the build quantity to the base unit of measure. E.g. EACH. If a product is generally built in batches of, say 20 then it would be useful to be able to specify the build quantity of measure and BATCH which is 20 EACH's. This is particularly important when the per unit amount of a build is not readily divided by the number of units in a batch. E.g. Labour might be 1.5 hours to build a batch of 20. If the BOM is set up on a per EACH basis, then the labour per unit is 75/20 = 3.75 minutes per unit or .0625 of an hour. This type ...

Business Card Reader
What are people using to scan Business Cards into Outlook / CRM. Thanks, Boolean I believe cardscan.com has software... "Boolean1" wrote: > What are people using to scan Business Cards into Outlook / CRM. > > Thanks, > > Boolean > > > Yes, I have used the cardscan software with their scanning device and its very good and of course now scans into crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Arrange deleted items by date deleted in Outlook 2002
Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? Thanks. DP My bad. Outlook 2000, not 2002. DP >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" >folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? >Thanks. > >DP Um - the deleted items folder is for trash. Why do you keep trash beyond the end of your Outlook session? If you want to retain the mails prior to delete, create a folder for questionable items and move the mail there. Please realize...

Exchange deleting messages after 24 hours?
Hello: We are running Exchange Server 2003. One of my customers tells me that messages in her inbox disappear when she comes in the next day. She only sees messages from today. I dont see the messages via OWA either. She assures me that she did not delete the messages from her Inbox and they should be there. She is using Outlook 2003. I checked her rules, there are none. She is using an ost file. Any ideas? Thanks, Neil Look for a rogue System Policy in Exchange System Manager. Seems unlikely but give it a whirl. Nue "Neil" <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote in messag...

Deleting entities
Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "The record cannot be deleted because it is associated with another record". I can't seem to find what it is related to. I have removed everything associated with the account. Is there an easy way to see why it can't be deleted? Thanks, Manso Ahhh, deleting the Account entity is NOT supported. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "manso" <manso@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OhJyvBw$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "...

Records are not deleted in the database
Hi everybody, today we noticed when we are deleting records in the web client, they stay in the database with the value 2 in the DeletionStateCode Column. I guess normally this is the markup for some sort of job or service to clean these records, but apparently this never happens. We have deployed Rollup Package 2 which should include a hotfix for this problem, but no luck. Can anyone point us in the right direction or is this a (huge) bug? Thanks Christian On Feb 3, 5:51=A0pm, CGuntsche <CGunts...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody, > > today we noticed whe...

NEED ALL FUNCTIONS BY SIZE (LIQUOR-WINE BUSINESS)
i am in the liquor business and everything we do is by SIZE. it would be great to have a data base field for Size. track sales by size discount formula by size( if x size and x quantity then % discount) etc. or is there a way to do this i am not aware of? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Getting error message when trying to delete email in Inbox
I get the following error message when I try to delete an email message in the Inbox: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have tried restarting Outlook and rebooting my computer and I still get this message. Email is piling up in my Inbox because I cannot delete it. Any help on how to get around this problem would be much appreciated. ...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

can the Purging of deleted items be prevented
I have multiple users that like to purge the items that are in the exchage server from outlook without thinking whethere they will need them in the future. My question is, Is there a way to configure or prevent the purge from outlook? Donald Miami, FL Do you have deleted items retention enabled on the server (and is that what they are purging)? You may be able to use group policy to remove the Recover deleted item menu from outlook to prevent them from using it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

How do I recover deleted calendar event? Outlook 2007
I accidentally deleted a recurring event in outlook when syncing with my phone. Have tried looking online but could not find any relevent help. Mik If its not in the deleted items folder, you'll need to restore a backup copy as its deleted for good. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEAC...

delete in bulk
I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one procedure? regards CR Delete the mail box and recreate it. They will be gone in a flash. "MSNews" wrote: > I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a > program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange > limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one > procedure? > &...

How to find the right MLM business online that succeeds for you #5
U can 2 Hi there, Building a MLM business can have it's advantages * Lifetime Residual income * Financial Security * Spend more time with your kids * Travel * Get out of debt * Drive a new car * Purchase a vacation home * Pay off your mortgage But to be successful, you must choose the right company. * Choose a company that is at least 3 years old. * Choose a company that has a product or service everybody can use. * Choose a company with a easy to understand compensation plan. * Choose a company that has a low monthly fee, where most everybody can join. * Choose a company that ...

Free busy time O2003 / Anonymous user in 2007
Hello, How do I disable the free/busy time in the calendar for Exchange/Outlook 2003? So other users can't see the appointments of myself. In Outlook 2007 you will set this due to change the sharing permissions of the calendar, and change the default user permission to none. Any idea how you will get the anonymous user with none permissions back in O2007? What's btw the extra functionality of this user. Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Peter ...

Prior Period adjustments
I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx Is this possible? Thanks -- BWS You should be able to post without any issues, or I should say, as long as you have Post to History enabled in your GL Setup screen. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Pierre" wrote: > I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a > headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx > > Is this p...

delete open inventory transfer
What sql command would you use to delete only OPEN inventory transfer in HQ, but not effect closed or partial transfer? Thanks Dave HI DCR, run the below query to accomplish your task. delete from purchaseorderentrydetail where purchaseorderentryid in (select id from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0)) delete from purchaseorderentry where purchaseorderid in (select id from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0) delete from purchaseorder where POType between 2 AND 5 and status=0 I also ...

Deleting Junk Mail #3
I have created rules to permanently delete some of the incoming junk mail but they do not always work and the mail finishes up in the junk mail folder. I understand the rules don't work on emails which are in html format. Messages in the junk mail folders are always converted automatically to plain text and if I run the rule on them they do get deleted! Is it possible to create a macro (or another rule) which would run the rule(s) to delete these messages once they are in the junk folder in plain text? If so, I would appreciate your help in creating one as I have no experience ...

Free/Busy not updating
I have a user whose Free/Busy has not updated since 11/28 of this year. All times are synchronized and all typical free/busy settings are correct. Any ideas as to why free/busy is not updating? Thanks, Try opening Outlook using the ".../CleanFreeBusy" switch. The link(s) below will give you the instructions on how to use it. OL98: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=182112 OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://sup...

Deleted Address showing up
We are running exchange server 5.5 and are having a problem with deleted addresses. We have group distribution lists and when an email is sent to a particular group, the sender gets back an undeliverable message for an email address that has been deleted for over two months. I've checked everything! The group lists, the individual email recipients just to see if this old address is listed somewhere in there settings, but can't find it anywhere. I've double and triple checked the exchange server to see if I missed anything and can't seem to nail this one! Can anyone help?? ...