Delete a product

How do you delete a product instead of deactivating?

Selcuk Kumbasar

0
Sel
5/24/2004 7:26:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Use the following steps

1. Settings - Product Catalog - Product

2. Select the Product and use the Actions Menu to Delete

If you do not have the delete option it usually means delete privileges have been removed from your assigned role(s)

Take care with deleting any object in the CRM system as this can seriously affect your history and reporting features when it comes to tracking past business activity that is why it is recommmended to deactivate rather then delete.

Deleting a CRM User
I am at bit of a loss here. I thought that the CRM system operated user management through AD. However, I have 2 users that are listed under Server Manager - Advanced - Microsoft CRM - Users taht are not in AD, and I also cannot delete them from this user list. Because they are listed as CRM users, running the RUle Deployment Wizard fails because of these 2 bogus users. How do I get rid of these 2 user entries in CRM? Can't be done at all easily: http://crmuser.blogspot.com/2007/02/deleting-users-from-ms-dynamics-crm.html -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user www.crmuser.blogspot.com ...

can't delete record
I am trying to use a command button on a form to delete the current record displayed on the form. The record has several related fields in other tables, but I believe I have successfully deleted all related records with delete queries. When I run the code DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord the confirm delete message comes up, and after clicking through it the form goes blank, appearing like a successful deletion. No error messages. However the record is still in the table. In table view there isn’t any problem deleting the record in question i.e. no related records. I’ve tried using a w...

Urgent!!! e02.log deleted by Symantec Antivirus
Please help, Information Store can not mount. due to virus nestsky P I can not undeleted. How can i fix it? Urgent!!!!! Do not scan the exchsrvr dirs or M: drive. Do you have a good backup? On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 01:51:01 -0700, "boonsitc@hotmail.com" <boonsitc@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, Information Store can not mount. due to virus nestsky P >I can not undeleted. How can i fix it? >Urgent!!!!! Restore from your last backup. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "boonsitc@hotmai...

Changing Delete Privilege for a Role Does not Take Effect
Hi There A particular user has one role - "Salesperson". I went into the saleperson role, to core records. The Salesperson role has "User" delete privelege for accounts and contacts. I change the delete privelege to "None Selected" for account and contact deletion. Then I save the role. When I come back to the role, the save has not taken effect. The Salesperson role still has "User" delete privileges on accounts and contacts. What am I doing wrong? TIA Bill ...

Delete Financial Series Inventory Batches
Is there an easier way to delete Financial Series Inventory Batches that we don't want posted to the GL? We don't want to have to open each batch ID and click delete for each of these batches that we need removed. Is there a 'mass delete' functionality that we could use? Thanks. New VBA form can be easily developed to cover this requirment, i don't think you can manage this issue in Great Plains forms. Regards, Mohammad Daoud "Banner" wrote: > Is there an easier way to delete Financial Series Inventory Batches that we > don't want posted to ...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

delete all characters after an character
Hi I have a spread sheet where I have a colum with pack size ex: 10/20'. I would like to remove all character after the slash (/). I cannot use any of amount of character beacause it's not always the same format but the slash is always there. Remember I have over 10000 lines. Thank any help will be appreciated. try this. Also removes the / Sub findslash() For Each c In Selection x = InStr(c, "/") - 1 MsgBox Left(c, x) Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jean-Francois Boucher" <Jean-Francois Boucher@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Deleting Public Holidays
After entering public holidays for a country in O2003, how do you delete them? I find that countries I imported from the previous version of Outlook are not even checked so I cannot uncheck them to delete them. Outlook seems oblivious to them. Thanks, Andrew Sort you Calendar in the By Category view. You can now easily remove the Holidays. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Andrew Chalk" <achalk@XXXmagnacartasoftware.com> wrote in ...

OE6 Deletes Attachments that are Ok
I recently updated my OE to version 6 - and it seems that since that time, there are numerous e-mails with attachments that OE is removing the attachment. These are coming from people I know. Is there something I can do or settings I can change to stop this from happening? Tools | Options | Security... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outl...

How Do I delete a check box.
I was cutting and pasting text to an Excel file and now I have a check box on the spreadsheet. I tried right-clicking around it to select it and tried left clicking around it. How can I select it so I can remove it from the sheet? Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug =?Utf-8?B?YWtrcnVn?= <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in news:B4689D71-B565-4A1B-974E-EB1493A46FDC@microsoft.com: > I was cutting and pasting text to an Excel file and now I have a check > box on the spreadsheet. I tried right-clicking around it to select it > and tried left clicking around it. How c...

#REF! after cell deletion
Hi there Imagine you have two sheets in an Excel workbook, and for instance 'Sheet 1' looks at the values in 'Sheet 2' courtesy of a column filled with formula something like this: =Sheet2!A1 =Sheet2!A2 =Sheet2!A3 etc. Is it possible to prevent Excel from replacing the formula at say: A2 in 'Sheet 1' with "#REF!", when the row containing A2 on 'Sheet 2' is deleted? -- Colin G Eastwood Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A1") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Colin G Eastwood" <eastwoc@rudge0.demon.co.uk> schri...

questions on redeployment tool to copy production to test
In our environment, we have production and test CRM systems on two different domains/forest. Both have CRM running right now. Our objective is to refresh the CRM data in the test environment from Production. 1. The guide says that we need to create a new OU before starting the deployment tool. Do we need to create a new OU for our test system again. The OU is already present. What do we need to do to the OU and the users in it already in the test environment? 2. After the deployment wizard step in the document, the next step is Install Microsoft CRM. Do we need this step as it is alr...

how to delete templates
I have publisher templates I wish to delete. Please how to do this. I have Excel 2003 Do you have Publisher? What OS? In Windows XP the Publisher templates are in a folder similar to this (hidden). C:\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Vista, also hidden C:\Users\<<user name>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "david winkley" <david winkley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABC03B00-049C-4...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

Delete 2 bytes from a file
I open a file,its size exceed 20M bytes.I want to delete 2 bytes from the given position (anywhere) now. I call memmove to move all data after the position,e.g: memmove(buff,buff+2,size),but it's inefficient. Who can give a better way? Thanks. _____________________________________________________ http://www.msale.net/bbs/ a Chinese-language message board for developers,including palm,ppc,symbian,and etc. http://www.zirong.net/blog/ my private life Miken wrote: > I open a file,its size exceed 20M bytes.I want to delete 2 bytes from the > given position (anywhere) now. > I cal...

how to delete a partly transmitted message
I have a partly transmitted outgoing email message in outlook which includes eight photo attachments which appears to have jammed. How do I clear it? Place Outlook in Offline mode via File-> Work Offline. Restart Outlook and you should be able to delete it. For other solutions see; http:/www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers -----...

Delete rows in table if checkbox value in first cell equals true
Hi People, First time caller long time observer. I'm creating a form which contains three tables. First two tables contain information such as heading, date, time, user details etc. Table three consists of 2 rows and 5 columns. First row is used for column headings and second row contains form fields where the user can record their data. The first cell of row 2 contains a checkbox and the rest contain text fields. Now, I would like the user to have the ability to add and remove rows at click of a button. After couple hours of researching I figured out the code that...

Automatically Deleting Emails
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me? Ever since clicking 'Yes' on a pop up from windows mail, it gets rid of all of my open emails, which is very inconvienient, and i have no idea where the emails go! Although they show in my webmail account online, they arent anywhere in Windows Mail. Any help to rectify this would be much apperciated. Michelle "Meeshell" <Meeshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F0E1052-FD78-4299-90E6-D86964F1C460@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I was wondering if anyone could help me? >...

Delete is grayed out-disabled?
Outlook XP- with pop3 email t9o a local pst.. When I highlight a single message (without opening it) I cannot delete the message. If I open the message or if I select a single message as part of a multiple selection (2 or more messages) I can delete it (them). Any ideas? Thank you How are you trying to delete the email? You can highlight and click the X button on your toolbar to delete, you can highlight and press the delete key on your keyboard, you can highlight then right-click and scroll to delete, or you can open the email and click the X button on the toolbar in the open e...

Product Version vs File Version
When setting these values, what exactly is the difference between the two? What's an example where they would be different? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e#BbupR$KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When setting these values, what exactly is the difference between the two? > What's an example where they would be different? I have always understood that a 'product' might include an EXE and a number of DLLs, and that a given version of the 'product' can be defined to contain different versions of assorted DL...

Outlook deletes most attachments
I keep getting an error message that says "OE has deleted and unsafe attachment". But it is only on some, not all attachments. If that same message is sent to another computer it goes through with no problems. Is there some switch I need to reset??? G'Day Pam, 1. Outlook restricts access to attachments that Microsoft consider to be dangerous - eg '.exe' files. 2. In general, the best way to send/receive attachments is to compress them into (say) a Zip or Rar File. 3. If you wish to take control yourself, the safest way is to use the COM addin from S...

deleting journals
My data base is approaching 2gb. I want to delete some journals. i know i have to run a statement. can someone give the steps to do such and the statement to run. Please help hi dexter, you can run this in query and delete the data per your interest: delete from journal where [time]<='2007-01-01' above is deleting all data less than first jan 2007 if you have 2 dates then you use the [time] between '2006-01-01' and '2006-02-01' . Regards "dexter" wrote: > My data base is approaching 2gb. I want to delete some journals. i know i > have to run ...

Configuring the Deletion Service
Can someone please tell me where the deletion service is configured as far as when it runs, etc.. ? thanks a bunch. ...

The mailbox not deleting due to being reconnected issue
We have Exch 2003 SP2 on server 2003 in an A/P cluster. We were doing a large mailbox move when someone decided to power off the server. Well anyway, I have just one account now that sits forever saying it can't delete the item due to the reconnected deal. The mailbox that was moved opens and seems to work fine. I have tried the move mailbox back to the store and it says fine duplicate mailbox so it was deleted but even after doing the cleanup process it still won't delete. It actually disappeared once but would not delete. Now it is showing again. I need to delete the en...

Could not delete from specified tables
I created the following query but I get the "Could Not Delete From Specified Tables" error. Although I have access to the table and can delete from that table manually. my query is as follows: DELETE DISTINCTROW tblSatAdv.* FROM tblSatAdv INNER JOIN ( SELECT Max(tblSatAdv.SnapshotInvDte) AS MaxOfSnapshotInvDte FROM tblSatAdv ) AS MAXDTE ON tblSatAdv.SnapshotInvDte = MAXDTE.MaxOfSnapshotInvDte; It is not possible to delete using a aggregate sub Query as a joined "table" Pieter "ISUTri" <GraberJ@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce6eaad7-6db5-4f03-...