Default value for custom field?

How can I populate a custom field with a default value?

Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName"
associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially
to populate this field with the value of the product name
field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can
then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The
DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name
on a Crystal Reports quote form.
0
Michael
4/17/2004 11:05:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

How to convert text fields to numeric fields without losing data in text fields.
I have a table in Access. It has a text field filled with numeric values. How do I convert the text field to numeric without losing all the text data in it that is numeric? I appreciate any assistance. Add a new numeric field to your table. Run an update query that will update the new numeric field with the value of the text field. Delete the old text field. Change the name of the new text field to what the old text field was. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have a table in Access. It has a text field filled with numeric values. > How do I c...

News button is missing from customize toolbars
I tried to add the News button to allow the newsgroup reader function. It was there at first. I followed the instruction that said it was hidden, and I had to move it from the Customize Toolbar menu. I went under the Go section, and found News. I moved it to the Go section of my file menu, and it was there. I opened the newsgroup reader, and started to create a usenet account. I was missing some info for my account, so I canceled out and closed the newsgroup reader and Outlook. Now when I open Outlook, the News button that I put under the Go File menu is gone, and it isn't...

Filter on Combobox Field in Data Project
I designed a Data Project that uses a SQL Server back-end and an Access 2007 front end. Many of the forms include Comboboxes for Lookup values. These forms are in Datasheet view. The Users need to filter the records by the displayed value, but the autofilter drop-down forms do not detect the values. This feature worked in ACCDB files. How can I get this to work with ADP/ADE files? My users are all running Windows XP Professional on a corporate network. Thanks, Matthew Pfluger ...

Access 2000
Hello all, I have a field named Field213 that holds (CASETYPE) from the database. When I open the form, I want it to look at that field and make field163 visible depending on what it stored in Field213. Right now it only becomes visible if I manually change what is in field213, then field163 becomes visible. I should mention that I have field163 as visible no and display always, the same as field PBISUB, Field382 and Field163. Probably something simple, but I can't seem to see it right now. I have the following: Private Sub Field213_BeforeUpdate(iC As Integer) If Me!CASETYPE = &qu...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Manager Assist ...... Field Service Module
Hi to all, I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on the service call module...... is it a GP module or it is a separate software thank you in advance, ManageAssist is a seperate VB application that connects to the GP Field Service tables. It allows for both viewing of schedule calls as well as updating of certain records (i.e. Unavailable time, sick time, etc.) -- Gary Neumann Field Service Series Designer/Architect "Eng. Tareq Sabri" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I wnat to ask about Manager Assist, that is used to manage the calls on th...

Multi-field search form
Hi there, I am rather new to this place, so I would like to thank you all up front for any and all assistance you may provide. :) It has been a while since I worked with MS Access last. What I am trying to do is create a multi-field search form, where any of the fields can be filled which will display a result set. Preferably if no selection in the fields is made, the entire resultset should be shown - this is not a requirement, though. I seem to be a bit at a loss on how to procede with this task or to find any resources to help me get along. Again, thanks for any and ...

Edit the Auto Fill in the To: field
On the Send new message window, is there a way to edit the auto fill list for the To: Field. when i start to type in a name in the To Field the auto fill will provide a list of names to choose from. the one i most use is on the bottom of the list. How do i edit the list to get the one i use most to the top? Do you use the others as well? Editing the list will remove them from the list. If you again use the names, they will be added back to the same position. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

How can I plot every 65th value out of 6500 values in Excel?
I have data entered in 6500 cells, in size order, but only want to plot every 65th cell so as to build a representative distribution. How can I instruct Excel to skip cells for graphing? Thanks in advance, Bill Hi, Here are a couple of approaches to the problem. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/only_some_markers/index.html Cheers Andy Bill Viverette wrote: > I have data entered in 6500 cells, in size order, but only want to plot every > 65th cell so as to build a representative distribution. >...

Set Value?
I am trying to set the value of a text box within a form when the user creates a new record in that form. I want the value to be pulled from another form in the database, but not linked. In other words, I want to just copy the value from one field to another-- once and only once. Example: Form1: field="Name" subform1: field="NameAtTimeRecordWasCreated" the "Name" field on Form1 will continue to be updated-- records will be written over, not added. as new records are added to subform1, I want the "NameAtTimeRecordWasCreated" field populate...

Handle missing values
Hi! I have a data set that sometimes contains missing values (#MISSING!). I want to make graphs of the data and I want the graph to just skip the missing values. How can I do that? Most thankful for any help! The cells say "#MISSING!"?? How unfortunate. Either delete all the #MISSING! entries in the table (to leave blank cells), replace them with #N/A! (works best for line and XY charts), or build a table linked to the first with formulas like =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()) where NA() produces #N/A in the cells. Use this second table as the chart source data. - Jon ------- Jon P...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

Display Chosen Autofilter Value
Without going into VB, is there a way to display the chosen autofilter value? Column D1 is where I want to filter is located and it has 200 rows. Thanks. Nope. You'll need VBA. LP wrote: > > Without going into VB, is there a way to display the chosen autofilter > value? > > Column D1 is where I want to filter is located and it has 200 rows. > Thanks. -- Dave Peterson If they mean to return the first item from a filtered list... Array entered** : =INDEX(D2:D15,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(D2:D15,,,ROW(D2:D15)-ROW(D2)+1)),0)) ** array formu...

how field name output same as input
Thanks for any help. I have a query from a couple tables, and one of the field names in the table is 'IGP' and I have a field in the query that was IGP and now I changed to IGP: iif(blah IGP blah) which gives me a circular error. The table is used by a bunch of other things, so I don't want to change the field name there, and the field name for the output is used by a bunch of things, so nor do I want to change the name there. I am using Access 2007. I thought about changing the output field to IGP_, and I could change the embedded queries in Excel that use it, but...

passing non-field value into vba
I need to pass the line item sequence number (lnitmseq) from the sales item detail entry window into vba. This isnt a visible field in the window, so i cannot "add field to vba" using the TOOLS --> customize toolbar window. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Using the Modifier you can make the field visible, add it to VBA and then remove the modified window or make the field invisible again. While in the Window Layout mode, make sure that the Invisible fields are shown (Layout >> Show Invisible Fields) and then change the Visual Property, Visible = true and mov...

how to program recurring value
I wish every entry of a colums to be a the same function of the entry above. How do I do that? Leo Hi Leo! Assuming that you have your first formula entered Select the range covered by the common entry formula F2 Ctrl + Enter -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "Leo Kerner" <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:404294EF....

Derived Field
I'd like to add a derived field to this situation: Parent Table : Shipments (pk)Shipment_No Shipment_Date Shipment_Size ....other fields... Child Table : Shipment_Inspection Shipment_No (connected field) Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment) ....other fields... I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of the shipment that is Good. Thanks! ...

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

Rule not matching "from" field
I want to set up a rule that will match words in the "From" field. Sometimes I get mail like this: From: bill@somedomain.com [mailer@someotherdomain.com] I want to match "bill@somedomain.com". I can't figure out how to match it. I can't pick "from people or distribution list" because it won't let me match arbitrary email addresses. I can't pick "with specific words in the sender's address" it just doesn't work. So far as I can tell, it will only match the part in the brackets. Anon E. Mouse <fake@fake.com> wrote: &...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

Customer Credit Limits
Is there a way to turn off the credit limit warning or give customers an unlimited credit limit. We do not use RMS for AR as that is handled in Great Plains at the home office. -- Doug Langley Dear Doug, the only way you can do so is that either make the credit limit to $99,999,999,999,999.00 or make one database trigger on insert/update of customer info to update automatically his credit limits, the trigger facility give you more control not to worry if you get forget, do u know how to write it if not let me know. Comment me. "DLangley" wrote: > Is there a way to tur...

Counting Null Values in a Report
I have a report that is grouped by people, then by Reason Closed. I want to count how many entries do not have a closed date. I tried the previous posts but could not get it to work. I have a group header for each person to group their categories together. Thanks. Hi Dea, Try: =Sum(-IsNull([ClosedDateFieldName])) Note the minus sign just after the first paranthesis. IsNull() returns a -1 when the item is null, otherwise 0. So by summing up the negative of each (-1)s you are in essence counting 1 for each null item. Alternatively you could move the minus...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?