DC Crash -> new ADS - Howto restore CRM with the DB-Backup???

Short introduction:
The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.

After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from
the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC,
with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
Tables from our Backup.

So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
Database-Backup?

TIA
Markus Taxacher
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Download the Redeployment Toolkit from CustomerSource.

"Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]"
<MarkusTaxacherABRACONGmbH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Short introduction:
> The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
>
> After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup
from
> the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old
DC,
> with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> Tables from our Backup.
>
> So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> Database-Backup?
>
> TIA
> Markus Taxacher

0
TonyL
5/20/2005 4:34:38 PM
Markus,
Check out the CRM redeployment tool.
Dan Blake
Intelligix, Inc.
http://www.intelligix.com

"Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]" wrote:

> Short introduction:
> The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
>
> After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from
> the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC,
> with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> Tables from our Backup.
>
> So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> Database-Backup?
>
> TIA
> Markus Taxacher
TonyL,
I haven't seen this download on CustomerSource but it is available on the
Microsoft.com download site at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&DisplayLang=en

--
Dan Blake
Intelligix, Inc.

"TonyL" wrote:

> Download the Redeployment Toolkit from CustomerSource.
>

> "Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]"
> <MarkusTaxacherABRACONGmbH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Short introduction:
> > The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> > Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
> >
> > After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup
> from
> > the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old
> DC,
> > with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> > Tables from our Backup.
> >
> > So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> > Database-Backup?
> >
> > TIA
> > Markus Taxacher

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;872643
This article contains the link you mentioned below.

"Dan Blake (Intelligix)" <DanBlakeIntelligix@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:A0D60FAB-F154-4018-975F-3B6D3E8B7732@microsoft.com...
> TonyL,
> I haven't seen this download on CustomerSource but it is available on the
> Microsoft.com download site at the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bfced393-61db-49af-9a50-4a90b311fa7d&DisplayLang=en

> --
> Dan Blake
> Intelligix, Inc.
> http://www.intelligix.com
>

> "TonyL" wrote:
>
> > Download the Redeployment Toolkit from CustomerSource.
> >

> > "Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]"
> > <MarkusTaxacherABRACONGmbH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Short introduction:
> > > The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users,
new
> > > Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
> > >
> > > After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup
> > from
> > > the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the
old
> > DC,
> > > with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept
the
> > > Tables from our Backup.
> > >
> > > So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> > > Database-Backup?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Markus Taxacher

0
TonyL
5/20/2005 7:48:22 PM
Hm. Thanks for your Answer(s)...

Because i'm not at Work atm I cannot check if it works...
But the PDF-Manual in this File (the Download) says, the 1st Step is to
export something from the old CRM with an Export-Assistant... the Problem:
the old CRM does not extist anymore (only the Databases) - is this a problem?

Markus Taxacher

"Dan Blake" wrote:

> Markus,
> Check out the CRM redeployment tool.
> Dan Blake
> Intelligix, Inc.
> http://www.intelligix.com
>
> "Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]" wrote:
>
> > Short introduction:
> > The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> > Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
> >
> > After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from
> > the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC,
> > with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> > Tables from our Backup.
> >
> > So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> > Database-Backup?
> >
> > TIA
> > Markus Taxacher
Markus,

Yes, that is a problem.  You need to have a working CRM system with the old
OU structure available in ActiveDirectory to use the redeployment tool.  If
you had a backup of the system state data from the old DC, you could use this
method.  I'll assume that you don't have that since, if you did, you probably
would have just restored that in the first place.

The only other option I can think of is to use the Data Migration Framework
(DMF) or Scribe to import the data from the backup you have of the CRM
database.  The steps would be:

Install CRM with the "Create New Databases" option.

Restore the CRM database backup to a different database (don't restore into
the new CRM database you just created) giving it a new database name

Install DMF or Scribe

If using DMF, run the CDF-initialize program then import the data (use DTS,
SQL script, EM-Import, or whatever you like) from the restored backup to the
DMF-CDF tables

Use DMF stored procedures to map objects and verify mappings

Run the migration

Any customizations you had done and attachments will be problematic using
this method.  There are no easy solutions for this.  If you customized the
CRM schema, you will have to manually recreate all of the custom fields (Do
this prior to running DMF procedures).  If you didn't backup the CRM server
application directory, you'll have to do all of your form modifications
again.  If you are good with SQL, you can use a variety of methods to
copy/import the attachment data from the restored backup to the new CRM
database.

Good Luck!
--
Dan Blake
Intelligix, Inc.
http://www.intelligix.com

"Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]" wrote:

> Hm. Thanks for your Answer(s)...
>
> Because i'm not at Work atm I cannot check if it works...
> But the PDF-Manual in this File (the Download) says, the 1st Step is to
> export something from the old CRM with an Export-Assistant... the Problem:
> the old CRM does not extist anymore (only the Databases) - is this a problem?
>
> Markus Taxacher
>
> "Dan Blake" wrote:
>
> > Markus,
> > Check out the CRM redeployment tool.
> > Dan Blake
> > Intelligix, Inc.
> > http://www.intelligix.com
> >
> > "Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]" wrote:
> >
> > > Short introduction:
> > > The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> > > Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
> > >
> > > After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from
> > > the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC,
> > > with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> > > Tables from our Backup.
> > >
> > > So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> > > Database-Backup?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > > Markus Taxacher
I am having the same problem, how did you fix yours?

"Markus Taxacher [ABRACON GmbH]" wrote:

> Short introduction:
> The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new
> Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also.
>
> After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from
> the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC,
> with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the
> Tables from our Backup.
>
> So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the
> Database-Backup?
>
> TIA
> Markus Taxacher

Test and consequences for adding and deleting W2K8 DC in 2003 domain
Hello, I have a forest and a domain with 3 Windows 2003 Server DCs. In order to make a test during 2 weeks, I have to install and promote a Windows 2008 Server R2 into DC (without particulary role). I know I will have to do an ADPREP with the W2K8 R2 DVD but forest and domain will not change their level. 2 weeks after I will retrograde the server as member and suppress it from the network (It will leave only W2K3 severs). Do you know if there could be a problem for the AD architecture ? Thanks in advance. Christophe Hello Christophe, Answered in the same posting...

CRM SBS install and uninstall error
The install (reinstall) or uninstall MS CRM 3.0 on SBS2003 Premium does not work. During "Executing Install (or Uninstall) action" I receive Warning: "Failed to remove the Microsoft CRM-Fax Router Service" and then Error: "System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RegisterFaxService failed." "The configuration registry key is invalid". How can I uninstall CRM completely or install it properly? Help me please. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards Renio ...

EM_EXGETSEL crashes app
I am trying to retrieve the selected text out of a richedit ctrl in another app. The following code crashes WordPad (hwnd is a handle to the control). CHARRANGE chr = {0}; ::SendMessage( hwnd, EM_EXGETSEL, 0, (LPARAM)(CHARRANGE FAR *)&chr ); RichEdit controls in other applications may crash or not but always return 0 for both chr.cpMin and chr.cpMax despite there being selected text. Suggestions? >I am trying to retrieve the selected text out of a richedit ctrl in >another app. The following code crashes WordPad (hwnd is a handle to >the control). > >CHARRANGE chr = {0...

Looking for detailed information on MS CRM
hello, where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected new version of ms crm? topics of interest would be - work on-/offline (data replication from server to client pc) - user privileges (who sees what field of a customer, user roles) - sync conflicts the ms site provides only very basic information. thanks a lot, michael Hi Michael! "Michael Fuchs" wrote: > where can i get _detailed_ information on the current and the expected > new version of ms crm? > topics of interest would be > > - work on-/offline (data replication from server to c...

Unable to backup Exchane 2003 DB's with error 217 from ESE source
Hi all I had an exchange 2k3 sp1 with 2 storage groups with 5 db's at 1 SG (included public folders) and 2 db's at the other SG on a win2k3 SP1 machine.Before 4 days Veritas Backup stoped backup all my databases with error 217 from source ESE.After 2 days search i've decided to install SP2 for exchange 2k3 to resolve the problem. Yesterday afternoon i apply sp2 with no error and i try to take backup of my db's. Veritas start backing up fine.It backed up my first SG with success but when it went to back up the first db from the second storage group event viewer logs err...

How do I control where the new message window appears?
Whenever I create a new message the associated window appears with the maximise button off of my desktop. How do I change the default position of the new message window such that all of it is visible on my desktop? Resize and position it accordingly and hold CTRL when press the X to close the window. This should force storing the location and size of the window in the registry. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, R...

Public Folders Backup
Hi. Exchange 5.5 - Server NT4 - Arcserve 2000 - All latest service packs - I need to copy the contents of the Public Folders only from one server to another. The second is an exact mirror of the first. Apart from replacing / restoring the files from the backup tape, what else do I need to do to mount the store (start the services). With thanks. Colin These type of tricks is difficult with Exchange. There are several ways to do that: restore from online backup (requires identical org and site names), copy data using Outlook via .pst, establish replica on second server (requires serve...

Opening excel file in new window
When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it opens in the same window. How do I make it open in a new window? You can't. Excel has two windows only; Excel and the VB editor. You may be able to open another instance of Excel though, with some Windows trick or by code. But that is spending a lot of power just for an extra window. HTH. best wishes Harald "Ravi" <Ravi@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:B53F2A94-CE10-41F7-A3B0-D472317D527C@microsoft.com... > When an excel is already open in a window and I open a new excel file it ...

Adding Categories to Microsoft Money Essentials
How do you add new categories & sub categories to Microsoft Money Essentials? I don't believe that you do. The don't call it Money Essentials (MEss) for nothing. "Rose" <Rose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E73E1E5-01E5-4873-877B-F3DE55E5C926@microsoft.com... > How do you add new categories & sub categories to Microsoft Money > Essentials? Perhaps if they had called it "Money absolute minimum - cut down basics" people might not have wasted their money? :-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

restoring money 2005
Please help. A client got the rogue virus. But they had backed up their MSmoney 2005. After reinstalling XP and Money 2005, they went to restore from backup and got the error path not found or is write protected. I read posts on restoring but they go back to when microsoft supported 2005. What can I do to help them get their MS Money 2005 restored. Many, many thanks In microsoft.public.money, DrDigital wrote: >Please help. A client got the rogue virus. But they had backed up their >MSmoney 2005. After reinstalling XP and Money 2005, they went to restore >from...

Outlook 07 crashing on launch
Hi Having some issues with outlook 07 on vista business. I have tried removing the localcache but the problem still exists. When i launch outlook it simply doesnt respond and gives no errors apart from the very useful program has stopped responding message. I am using the outlook mdaemon connector plugin. I have also tried reinstalling Office. But same issue accurs. Its only happening on 3 pcs. Kind Regards Rob Have you tried removing the plugin or starting with the /safe switch? "robs" <rob@blackorangejuice.com> wrote in message news:##pr8BrIJHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP04....

Data is populating the same in EVERY record in the DB
I'm trying to assist a user who changed the name of a field in a form. After doing so, the information she enters into the field populates in EVERY record in the DB. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this and how to correct it? I know absolutely nothing about Access (or any other DB for that matter). -- Thanks, Todd On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:36:02 -0700, Todd <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to assist a user who changed the name of a field in a form. After >doing so, the information she enters into the field populates in EVERY >rec...

adding a '+' in front of a positive number
Hello all, anyone know how to make a '+' sign show up in front of a positive number? also, if there is no 'clean' way to do it, how do you concatenate a text string with an equation (i.e., something like '=A1+A12') thanks, Mike Use a custom format like +0.00;-0.00;0.00 ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"format") so using the custom format ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"+0.00;-0.00;0.00") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mike" <mike_newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11180959...

How to embed and e-mail message into a new message with owa??
I have tried to insert and e-mail message into a new message using owa, but when I drag and drop the message to insert into the new message, it appears many codes, not the message itself. Is there any way to do this? ...

Adding words up in a range
I have a word in a different cells on a row in my spreadsheet e.g. Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Hoovering Nicola James Washing up Steve Lisa etc I would like to know a formula that could add up the amount of names that have been allocated for a certain task, and that would automatically change if a name was added or taken away, so i can have a "total" column in a different cell elsewhere in the spreadsheet telling me how many people there are. Hi use the COUNTIF function assuming &quo...

Update from CRM 3.0 to new CRM 4.0
At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-language feature of CRM 4.0 we want tu upgrate/update to the new version. Does anybody has further information about the necessary steps? I suggest that you wait for the officially released version which will contain upgrade and installation guides. -- ----------------- Please note that the contents of my posts are my personal opinions and views and I am not a Microsoft staff member. ----------------- Feridun Kadir MCSE, MCT "Frank_Munich" wrote: > At the moment we are runnig CRM 3.0. Because of the new multi-...

MS CRM 3.0 on SQL Cluster 2000 Environment...
Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and running with Reports, Outlook Client etc etc? CRM 3.0 supports only default instance on SQL Server. How about SQL Cluster? Is there any good document to implement CRM 3 in SQL Server 2000 cluster environment? I appreciate your help. Onkar http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringsqlservers.mspx "Onkar" <budc57@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1160873095.913396.268610@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone installed MSCRM 3.0 on SQL 2000 Cluster and it is up and > running wi...

Xml Serialization, properties and 'new'
Hi all, I'm hoping that someone has seen this before. I wasn't able to find any solutions through my usual channels (I.E Google). I'm getting the following exception in certain situations when using the Xml Serializer to serialize a class that has changed the type of a property defined on its base class by using the 'new' keyword. Anyone seen this before? I've tried using the XmlElement attribute as the Exception suggests on the offending property to change the name, with no impact. Here's the exception : System.InvalidOperationException: There was an ...

MX Records in AD
Does all of my Exchange Servers need to have an MX record in AD? I have 5 sites / locations - each with their own Exchange Server - one f them in the Gateway...which needs an MX record? Thx. On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:53:00 -0600, "JPM" <jpm@yahoo.com> wrote: >Does all of my Exchange Servers need to have an MX record in AD? > >I have 5 sites / locations - each with their own Exchange Server - one f >them in the Gateway...which needs an MX record? > >Thx. > No, you don't need any MX records in your internal DNS. The Exchange environment is self-a...

Outlook 2000 Backup Add-In Problem
I'm having trouble with the Outlook 2000 Backup Add-In.. On clicking File/Backup and exiting Outlook I get "Cannot copy Outlook. Access is denied, the source file may be in use." I've done searches on Google and eliminated every possible process that might possibly have a hold on Outlook.. Namely the Nokia connection manager which syncs a Phone w/Outlook. No luck. I eliminated every process Windows would allow me to kill. No luck. I've rebooted without the Nokia Connection Wizard booted. (X-ed it out in the registry on CurrentVersion/Run) No luck. So Outlook wo...

Adding records to unbound subform
I'm using a main form with listbox to look up field selections from a master table of patient values and using that value (in this case it is the patient's location). I want to use a subform to display all the patients on that ward and allow entry of a new record in another table (tblClientTXEvents) for each patient through the subform, but I want to programmaticaly add each record to the subform with the nonchanging information already updated in the subform. The problem: I can't figure out how to add these records to the unbound subform. I can do it using a temporary ...

Parameters ad reports
I've heard that parameters are supported in CRM 1.2 and Crystal 9. Anyone have sample code to run a report with a specified parameter? Thanks. Sebastiano + Alex ...

Manage Cases in CRM System
Good day, my question is.. how to manage cases created in "Cases". The progress and action taken to each cases. My consideration here is that the "Cases" is for logging customer problem, complaint, and concern. The problem here is that, how am i goint to track the action taken for each problem/complaint/concern created in the cases? Kindly need explaination. Tq Hi Zagry, Depending on your business processes and in what situation you want to have the overview, the following might be a way to do it: You could use the StatusReason picklist attribute to define the s...

New disk message with outlook startup
There is no disk in the drive.Please insert a disk into > drive\Device\Harddisk3\DR6 I have suddenly started to receive this message. Pressing continue, the message appears three times and Outlook seems to operate normally. How can I get back to that blissful state when it just worked without this additional detritus? Try creating a new mail profile with the mail applet in the control panel. (don't copy the existing, create a new one and switch to it to see if error stops. If it does, then delete the old one as it just means you have a bad pointer to some file that e...

CRM Web access
Ladies and Gents, Can anyone point me in the direction of blogs or tutorials on allowing access to my CRM Dbase through web access? Thanks Ian Hello Ian, Here is the link: http://www.developer.com/lang/article.php/3509586 By the way what kind of data you need to access from web. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Ian Watson" wrote: > Ladies and Gents, > > Can anyone point me in the direction of blogs or tutorials on allowing > access to my CRM Dbase through web access? > > Thanks > > Ian > Hi Manick, thanks for the link, i would like...