DateTime Fields

Hi All,

We have a custom entitiy to record customer visits.  There is a field for
the Date of Visit.  If the date of the report was Monday 12th October 2009
then this would be stored in the database as 2009-10-11 23:00:00 as it is now
british summer time.  However, I am trying to run a SQL report on this
information, but all the dates are now out by one day.

Has anyone else come across this problem.  CRM is working great - it still
shows the date as Monday so it is calculating what the correct date should
be, I'm just not sure how to do the same for my SQL Report?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike Swann
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you hitting the table directly, or are you hitting a filtered
view?  I"m guessing what's happening is all dates are stored in the
tables as UTC, and then converted to the correct timezone when
displayed in CRM.  Because you're hitting the table directly, the
conversion is not happening.
0
rlauer (1)
10/16/2009 2:29:44 PM
Are you using the Filtered view to access the data in your report?
In the tables all dates are stored in UTC format. The filtered view normally
uses your local date format.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kevin Dosseray

"Mike Swann" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have a custom entitiy to record customer visits.  There is a field for
> the Date of Visit.  If the date of the report was Monday 12th October 2009
> then this would be stored in the database as 2009-10-11 23:00:00 as it is now
> british summer time.  However, I am trying to run a SQL report on this
> information, but all the dates are now out by one day.
>
> Has anyone else come across this problem.  CRM is working great - it still
> shows the date as Monday so it is calculating what the correct date should
> be, I'm just not sure how to do the same for my SQL Report?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Mike Swann
0
Dossies (19)

timestamp notetext fields
i need to add a timestamp to the bottom of the notetext field each time an activity window is open...lets say i open up an existing task i need to append timestamp to the bottom of the notefield. so it would look something like this: -------------------------------------------------------- subject: task1 29/09/2004 3:39pm some note text here -------------------------------------------------------- open up task1 for the 2nd time it should look something like this -------------------------------------------------------- subject: task1 29/09/2004 3:39pm some note text here 30/09/2004 11:5...

pivot table calculated field question
Greetings. I have two questions: 1) I have a pivot table like the following A B Total sum(T1) sum(T2) sum(T1) sum(T2) sum(T1) sum(T2) In this table I need to add sum(T1) / Total sum(T2) as a calculated field. How do I do this? 2) I have a pivot table like the following A B runningtotal(T1) runningtotal(T2) runningtotal(T1) runningtotal(T2) I need to add runningtotal(T1)/runningtotalT2) (not runningtotal(T1/T2)). How do I do this? Thank you. ...

combine multiple recs into one with repeating fields
I have a file with beneficiary names for life insurance. The input file has multiple names for the member. The file format I need to load into our system has one record per member, but has repeating fields such as name1, name2, name3, pct1, pct2, pct3. I don't know how to do this in Access and I'm not great with VBA code. Try this -- SELECT ccount, name1 AS Benificary, pct1 AS Percent FROM YourTable UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name2 AS Benificary, pct2 AS Percent FROM YourTable WHERE name2 Is Not Null AND pct2 Is Not Null UNION ALL SELECT ccount, name3 AS Benificary, pct3...

Quick question - Report
I have two fields in a report that are "Memo" type. I defined this fields in a report as they can Grow and/or Shrink. However, the information on this fields is trucated. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem. Thank you for you collaboration and guidance. Luis luis.a.roman@gmail.com wrote: > I have two fields in a report that are "Memo" type. I defined this > fields in a report as they can Grow and/or Shrink. However, the > information on this fields is trucated. > > Any suggestions on how to correct this problem. > > Thank you for you col...

Add New Schema Field SQL Server TimeOut
Hi, When i try to add new schema field using deployment manager the the sqlserver gets timeout and field is not added....i tried this several times..but if try to access the sqlserver objects of CRM DN using query analyzer or custom code everything works fine/ ...

Field appear twice
Is it possible for a field to appear on 2 different tabs within the contact form. I have a custom tab with a field called membership number. I would also like this field to appear as read only on the General Tab. Thanks No, the only way to 'fake' this is to create another field and populate that field during the on change event of the original field. Kind regards, -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Tango" <Tango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C2DF4A9-4BC1-45D7-BAC4-191AE477955F@microsoft.co...

Memo Field Limited to 256 Characters?
I'm creating a report, imported from Excel, that contains a large "Description" field. ACCESS wants to limit me to only 256 characters in that field. Is this correct? Is there a work-around? TIA. memo fields actually support something like 63256 characters. are you sure it is not set as a Text field? those are limited to 255. On 1/11/2010 11:34 AM, ghetto_banjo wrote: > memo fields actually support something like 63256 characters. are > you sure it is not set as a Text field? those are limited to 255. > Good point. I'll check. That 256 c...

Can I change names of fields in calendar?
I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer. I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form that appears when you make an appointment. No, you can't change them. You could use in-cell editing and create the items in table view, where the column display names can be changed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

How to add a carriage return to text in a field when using IM
I need to import notes associated with products i want to integrate into GP8. These notes have html tags embedded in them. I figured out how to strip the html tags from the text but I need to add a carriage return of line feed in their place or I will end up with jumbled text. Here is what I am using to strip the html sNote = SourceFields("Products.Description") sNote = Replace(sNote, "<BR>", "") I can change this to: sNote = SourceFields("Products.Description") sNote = Replace(sNote, "<BR>", " ") and get a spa...

Field Service Non Stock Parts & Equipment No
How we can accomplished in field service to have facility to add non stock parts. it will be hard to create each time the parts information in item master secondly we don't wanted to give the previlige to user to access teh item master maint. window. What is the link of having for each equipment one item. Where it is in use it seems to me no logic and relationship at all, so how we can remove this funcationality since automtive industry we have customer vehicle which i am mapping with equipement but then have to create items too is hard way. Lot of enhacement I think it is...

"Package" error/label when embedding a BMP in OLE field
I am still getting the 'package' label when I embed a bmp image in an OLE field in my database table. I had been trying to embed jpgs until I learned the OLE server does not support them and returns the 'Package' label; however I converted my images all to bmp and tried to embed them that way, but I still get the same 'Package' label. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance... ...

Exceeded characters in field
I'm new to CRM so this may seem like a silly question. I'm entering a lot of text in the Notes field of an Account, and receive a message that says I've exceeded the maximum number of characters for the field. Is there a way I can increase the number of characters for the field? Not sure if this is done at a DB/application level (if it is possible). Thanks You cannot increase the size of the notes Suggest either (1) create multiple notes, or (2) (better) write up your comments in a file that you attech to a note Peter "Aaron" <aaron.heller@gmail.com> wrote...

form highlight field question
I have a continuous sub-form that the user can select the vendors categories from a standard list (this list is created from a seperated table), or type in something else (not forced to pick from the list). I was wondering, on my form, can the fields that match the "standard list" be highlighted after they have been selected. kinda like conditional formating, but there is like 50 standard categories that if picked i would like to be highlighted. the conditional formating is only allowing 3 unless there is a way to put an if then statement or a OR statement to allow...

NDRs do not have from field
I get a copy of all NDRs send to me. However, just recently, when I go into the NDR to resend it on, the 'from' field is missing, so I don't know who sent the message. Any idea why this might be and how to change it? The original message should be attached to the NDR. That is what needs to be re-sent, not the NDR itself. NDR's typically have <> as the sender. Do you see the original message attached? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Lata" <jemimas@adp...

Updating Page Field of Pivot Tables from Form Control
Hi, I would like to use a pull down menu to feed into a pivot table page field. So for example, when I select employee name in the pull down menu of the form, that employee name is used as the page field value for a pivot table. I'm assuming this needs to be done in VB, but can't work out how. Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks, Ra This is very raw but it works. Sub PivotTable() ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").PivotFields("Name").CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("A8").Value End Sub This assumes you are running macro from the ac...

Adding Custom Field
How do you add custom fields to contact pages? How do you tag these fields as mandatory? From the web client, go to Settings->Customization->Customize Entities Double-Click on the Contact entity. In the new window, select "Attributes" from the options on the left, then click the "New" button In the new attribute form, fill out the fields as you please making sure to set the "Requirement Level" picklist to "Business Required" (this will make the field mandatory). When finished defining the attribute, click "Save and Close". T...

delegates show "on behalf of" in sender field after upgraded to Exchange 2003
Hi everyone, I have just upgraded from exchange from 2000 to 2003. I found that now email delegates sent will show "on behalf of" in the sender field. Could anyone please tell me how to hide it? I just want to show the mailbox user name but not the delegates. Thank you very much In news:%23TC0bTUfGHA.5104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Enjolras <\> typed: > Hi everyone, > I have just upgraded from exchange from 2000 to 2003. I found > that now email delegates sent will show "on behalf of" in the sender > field. Could anyone please tell me how to...

Related field
Hi I have a table (Cumul) containing many information fields and a serie of [A1], [A2], [A3], [A4] and so on until [A48] In this table I also have a field named [PeriodNo] On a form, the user select a period (let say period No 3) I have a query (Q-Cumul) based on table (Cumul) In this query I have a criteria on the field [PeriodNo] ([PeriodNo] = [forms]![Myform]![PeriodNo] So the result query show all records of period 3 Finaly I have a final form based on the query that shows all informations. Here is what I want. When the user select Period 3, I want to see on the final form all info...

Stripping unwanted data from fields
Hi, does anyone know a way to remove data of a certain type from a field. To explain further i'm importing numbers from a db (access) which have a letter appended to the end e.g. 4821B. I need to remove the 'B' (the letter at the end) so that all i'm left with is a numeral. Hope this is clear enough. Robin "Robin" <robin.harrison@vodafone.co.uk> wrote in message news:23f1801c38caa$a0c35270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > does anyone know a way to remove data of a certain type > from a field. > To explain further i'm importing numbers fr...

return the query result into field within same form
Hello, I have form that includes list of fields period plant from_dt to_date returned_value those mainly used to pars parameters into a query when i click the command button. i want to return the query result into a text box within the same form since the query will return only one value which is the sum. how this is possible? any help? *new access developer* fathi_abuayyash wrote: >I have form that includes list of fields > >period >plant >from_dt >to_date > >returned_value > >those mainly used to pars parameters into a query when i click the command >...

From Field in Inbox
How do make to From field in the imbox to show the actual email of the sender rather than his name. This is usefull to determine if the incomming email is junk mail or not. I appreciate your help. Sue Mosher wrote a great article explaining how to do this. Showing the Sender's Email Address: http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8630 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Juan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:da7c01c3ef6b$e56645d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do make to From field in the imbox to show the actual email of the sender ...

OL 2003 Notes text field
Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter into the general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record? Not sure but I have been told 999 characters (including spaces) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bob Igel asked: | Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter | into the general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record? ...

Error when moving mail recipient from To field to CC field
We have a user that is trying to move an email recipient from the TO field to the CC field in an email by dragging and dropping. When he does this, he gets an error: Microsoft Word. The object is not connected to server. Has anyone seen this? ...

How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default?
How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default? For example, the formula for C1 is: =SUM(A1-B1) If nothing is yet entered in A1 or B1, then C1 is given the value "0" I would like it to remain blank as a default. Thanks again for your help Jason Jason, Go to: Tools > Options, specifically the "View" tab Make sure the "Zero values" checkbox is deselected. That should take care of it. Steph "jason" wrote: > How do I avoid fields being automatically filled in by default? For example, > the formula for C1 is: > ...

Lookup needs to fill two fields
OK this may be easy but I am stumped. I have a table "Employees" it has two columns: Employee and GroupTitle I have a second table that tracks points per job called "PointTrack" and I have used a lookup column to pull in the Employee Name. The lookup column shows a drop down with the employee and grouptitle fields because some employees are in more than one group and this allows them to choose the correct group. What I need is to have both the Employee and group title visible in the form based on the PointTrack table. Right now, I can have them choose i...