Date/Time Output Discrepancy

I've used two ways to get the {!Case.Created On} field but the outcomes were
different.

In 'E-mail To' action of Workflow Rule: the outcome was '07/21/2006 10:50 AM
(GMT+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Hong Kong SAR, Urumqi'

In the Email Template: the outcome was '07/21/2006 10:50 AM'

How can I get a consistent format, and can it be presented in the other
formats, e.g. UTC?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Workflow by default will give you a fully formated date time string. To get
the required result. you will have to create a small .net assembly that takes
in the datatime parameter and returns the fomated string. you can have the
timzone and format string passed into the assembly so that it gives you full
control when constructing the wf rules.
Hi Shashi,

Thanks.  As I don't know how to pass the returned string back to the
workflow action, would you please help me?

Gordon

"Shashi" wrote:

> Workflow by default will give you a fully formated date time string. To get
> the required result. you will have to create a small .net assembly that takes
> in the datatime parameter and returns the fomated string. you can have the
> timzone and format string passed into the assembly so that it gives you full
> control when constructing the wf rules.

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

adding months to an inputted date
I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05". Thank you for any help that you may be able to give. Logan =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+2,DAY(B1)) however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is 01/30/05? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BLW" wrote: > I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different > cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type >...

time compare
i need an example of how to code a time comparison. i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 minutes from the current time. i appreciate your help. thanks, mcnewsxp On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:25:43 -0400, "Michael Courter" <mcourter@mindspring.com> wrote: >i need an example of how to code a time comparison. >i need to check to see if a value in a date/time column is greater than 10 >minutes from the current time. >i appreciate your help. >thanks, >mcnewsxp > Difftime() -ralph Michael Courter wrot...

How to add 5 min to current time ()
Greeting, How to add 5 min to current time ()?? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:23:00 -0800, ghost <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Greeting, >How to add 5 min to current time ()?? DateAdd("n", 5, Now()) or for just a time value - actually a date/time value on December 30, 1899 - DateAdd("n", 5, Time()) -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Convert date to months
I have a database that has multiple dates in it. What I am trying to do is in one field I have a date and I am want that date to convert to months in another field. Can anyone help me on this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 are you trying to find months between dates? or convert 4 to April? Look at format function for ways to display months, datediff function for months difference.. "bohon79 via AccessMonster.com" <u35329@uwe> wrote in message news:74ac2f3f40ce9@uwe... >I have a database ...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Processes Requiring Lengthy Amounts of Time
Hello: I have several clients with above average databases (sizes greater than 15 GB and up to about 40 GB). When they need to run checklinks, reconciles, and/or year end close processes, it takes forever. Depending on which process, it could take 15 to 30 each to process. That is really tough when you have a business that cannot afford that type of downtime. Now, both of the companies that I am thinking of have hardware that is well within recommended specs based on the MBS hardware recommendations. The memory does not spike to an extreme, nor does activity with the CPUs, but har...

Inconsistant meeting times

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Date comparison better method
Select col1, col2 from TableName where DateColumn BETWEEN '2010-06-01' and '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' Select col1, col2 from TableName where WHERE DateColumn >= '2010-06-01' AND DateColumn < '2010-06-17 23:59:59.997' I am seeing in a project both the above methods of data range filering is happening in different SPs. I am trying to understand which is the better method of comparing two date values and why? [Btw i know BETWEEN considers both the upper and lower limit] Regards Pradeep I would say the following is the better approach: ...

Extracting Time from a cell that has both the date and the time
Hi Folks, I could do with some help here please. I am trying to extract the time only from a cell that has both the date and the time. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks in advance. :confused: -- Hani Muhtadi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hani Muhtadi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466177 If you just wish the time to display, set the cell format to Time. If you wish to use the time portion then =A1-Int(A1) will give you...

Length of time
I am trying to keep track of time spent on a job. I put in the start time and the stop time. Individual day tallies are fine, but when I try to get a total I have 00:50 right now. How can I go from clock time to length of time? Thanks -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.org Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date: 8/19/2003 Hi Format the cell as Custom "[h]:mm" Arvi Laanemets "Mike Dobony" <tkdchap@hotmailspam...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Working with elapsed time data
How do I set up Excel to accept race times for a cross- country team? I want to enter minutes and seconds for each runner for each race. Then I want to calculate each runner's average time. When I enter minutes and seconds, Excel converts it to the time of day - which is not what I want. Go to www.cpearson.com for lots of tips on working with time. Bernard "DW" <dweskalnies@vertisinc.com> wrote in message news:080f01c38854$46e18100$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I set up Excel to accept race times for a cross- > country team? I want to enter minutes and seconds for...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

Counting dates
I am trying to count the number of dates in a column that appear b month and year. For instance, I some that are 11/23/2003 and 11/24/200 and 11/21/2002. How can I makew a formula that will count the instance of 11/2003 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)*(MONTH(A1:A100)=11)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jdavis3874 >" <<jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nos...

Cannot view inbox by date
After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. We have tried /cleanviews switch to no avail. All other views work fine. Any ideas so I can prevent this happening again? Thanks PocketJacks <dallano@hotmail.com> wrote: > After a successful test of an Exchange 2003 High Availability product > last night a few users have reported issues in Outlook this morning. > They cannot view/arrange their Inbox by Date. What happens when they try? -- ...

How do I compare output data from 2 pivot tables in a graph forma.
I have a pivot table created for 2004 that shows the number of inspections we received on a particular day of the week (ie. 5 on saturdays, 2 on wednesdays, etc.) I am creating the same pivot table for 2005 and am looking for a way to graph the data (bar graph) of the pivot table from 2004 to compare with my 2005 data (ie. last year we received 5 inspections on saturdays, this year we received xx amount on saturdays). Is this even possible to do? I am using Office Pro 2003 and any suggestions would be greatly accepted. Doobi, One option is to combine the pivot tables for 2004 and...

Recognise a payee with date and time in it
Hi Everyone Each time I withdraw cash from my bank account, it puts it in my statement as: 21Mar 10.13 Well't Sq for example. So each time I withdraw cash, the date and time are going to be different. I want money to recognise on my downloaded statements that any statement line with Well't Sq in it, means a cash withdrawal - i.e. ignore the date and time as obviously that will be different everytime I take cash out. Is there anyway of getting Money to recognise part of the payee rather than thinking all my cash withdrawals are different payees? Thanks! Hannah Quicken doe...

Not getting the data output I want
Hello, I need help with my database. Here's the basic layout: I have a table for patient data that is imported on a daily basis. That data is then queried to eliminate null values and the query is the source for my main form. I then have a subform based on a table with procedures that has no data in it. It is strictly for data entry to include the date of service and checkboxes for procedures rendered. I used the PtID (auto number) as my primary key in my main form and the same name for a foreign key in the subform. Those fields are used as the link parent/child fields. I ...

Time problem #2
1st thanks for reading this... I give up and need help. I'm trying to put in a colon (:) automatically in a colunm when I enter a number. This is minutes I put this number in A1 34 and want it to convert to :34 it doesn't have to be a time format, I just need the colon. Thanks-a-bunch Bobby Hi Try using a custom format of ":"general -- Andy. "Bobby" <camaro46368@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b6b8e0h22tlfndiq0ajb0jfck4s5erm1jp@4ax.com... > 1st thanks for reading this.....