Date on Template

I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in
the template when it is run.  I have selected this attribute to be date only
and not date & time.

Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone.  Is there
a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

how to do date 15/06/04 plus 5 months?
hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com the only way i know is to type this formula into the cell: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) the cell "A1" (or any cell) will be the cell that the original date will be in. just add in the 6 after the MONTH (A1) to get your new date hope that helps >-----Original Message----- >hi what formula should i use if i want to work out the date of say > >the 15/6/04 plus 5 months from now?? ...

a status like "checking" to change to date format when completed
I am creating a DB that is for Tracking engineering drawings. I want to have a status field that has the following 1. not started 2. in process 3. in checking 4 complete / Date completed Is it possible to have the complete status change to a date somehow? I want to avoid having two fields, a status field and a complete field I would suggest that you may want to change that to have four date fields. DateReceived DateStarted DateReviewStarted DateComplete That way you can easily check its status in the process and get a complete timeline. but to answer your speci...

Date format #21
I can't see how to format the date in the UK manner, i.e. 6/12/09, rather than in the US manner 12/6/09. Can anyone help? Excel 2000. Rob Graham Select the range to format Format|Cells|Number tab Choose date and look to see if the day, month year is in the order you like. If it is, you can use that. If it's not, choose Custom and type: dd/mm/yyyy (or what you like) If the values don't change, then your dates aren't really dates. They're plain old text that look like dates. Select your range (one column at a time) data|text to columns Fixed width remove any lines t...

automatically format dates in a cell
Hi All, when I type a date into a cell, it automatically converts it to a date-time variable and formats it according to the system parameters. Is there any way I can turn this off? I don't want my date as a date time variable, nor do I want it to format to what the system format is. thanks stephan I'm not sure what a "date time variable" is, but if you want an XL date, but in the format you specify, preformat the cells with that format. If you don't want the date converted to an XL date at all, then preformat the cells as Text. They will then be left in whatev...

CSVDE Dates in Excel
How do I convert the Active Directory formatted dates exported by CSVDE when viewing in Excel to a readable format? http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=%23msiz%23Z8DHA.3804%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3Dldifde%2B%2522date%2Bformat%2522%26btnG%3DSearch You may have some luck with the dsquery tools by sending the output to a text file. I haven't checked to see if it converts for you or not though. Al "D-a-n_L" <djlajoie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Wxhlm6uEHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Sales Report filtered by time, Z Report filtered by date
Does anyone have any Z summary reports that can be filtered by day, week, etc Also does anyone have a sales summary report that can be filtered by date and time. (Our liquor store is open untill 1 AM and I can't get the broken out sales over the "two day" period once sales has started on the next day? Thank you so much in advance. There is a combined Z report on the Jean Holland web site (I believe) that does exactly what you want it to do. In regards to (sales) reports by date and time: I asked the same question a week or so ago in this NG but didn't get any soluti...

How do I hold email in Exchange Queue to be sent at specific time/date?
Our company is in the process of creating a weekly email newsletter/reminder to be sent out to subscribing customers. I'm using an account on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server to relay emails from our website to the customer. I want to be able to queue up and hold the emails for this account to be sent at a specific time, say Monday mornings at 8am, but I don't want to interfere with the normal operation of the rest of the organization's incoming/outgoing email. How do I go about doing this? I've looked at the SMTP Connectors and it appears as if this is possible, but I do...

Excel Invoice Template
I think I remember reading somewhere that there are Excel templates. I just need a simple one for billing time. Does anyone know where I would find one to modify. Thanks. Michael File>New>General Templates>Village Software. Could be one you like. Otherwise, more here. http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:08:14 -0800, "Michael" <mlkpied@aol.com> wrote: >I think I remember reading somewhere that there are Excel >templates. I just need a simple one for billing time. Does >anyone know where I wo...

Template #4
I have to send about 50 messages with the same subject and to 50 different E-mails, The body of the message contains some instructions and it is the same for all of them and has to be copied to 5 other people.. My question is, if there is a way to save a template with "Copy to" Field (has 5 E-Mails addresses) and the body, I try to do it saving it to Draft but as soon I send the message the draft disappear. Any help would be much appreciated. Fernando This is the way I've done it in the past. Create a new email. Address it..and make it the way you want the template to be...

Sorting dates, ignoring year
I have a speadsheet of birthdays which I would like to change to be birthdates. At the moment, everyone's birthdays are specified on one column in the format dd/mm/2002 so that I can sort the worksheet to keep the dtaes in order throughout the year. Is there an easy way to sort a column of dates but ignore the year? Or do I need to split the dates into multiple columns? -- Ian -- You could split the dates into separate columns: =month(a1) =day(a1) and =year(a1) (you wouldn't use the year column) But I'd insert a helper column with formulas like: ...

Editing third party templates
I am using a template that was created by a manufactuer. This template uses several background drawings. When I print the drawings the last line gets chopped off. I need to edit the background drawing & move it over 1/4". When I try to edit the background drawing I cannot hilight any of the objects. This background drawing has speical functions built into it so I have to use it. Can anyone tell me how I can edit this background drawing? Thank You Larry Tuttle 623-516-0058 The shapes or the page might be protected. Click on the shapes or page and select Window \ Show Shapeshe...

Finding the difference in days between two dates?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how I can find the difference in days between two date fields, would appreciate the help. Thanks Damon Damon; Just try this. Enter two dates ( 01/08/2003 and 21/08/2003 ) In another cell subtract the two dates, but format that cell as "General". If all is well, just must find a 20 in that cell. Or is it too simple and not what you want ? Mark Rosenkrantz. More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or info@rosenkrantz.nl ----------------------------------------------------------------- "Damon" <damon@nospam.co.uk...

Template format changes
How do I change the default formatting for "$", "%" and"," when I open a NEW file? When I enter a large number and select comma formatting, it gives me two decimals, and I want none. I would like one decimal with percent format. Older versions of Excel allowed you to save a normal.xlt file with changes. When I add a personal template, Excel won't load it without me selecting it each time. Tom Excel never had a Normal.xlt, it had a BOOK.XLT Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and s...

Template Wizard Add-In Nightmare
Does anyone know anything about this feature? Once I create a template of a form, I am trying to update a record that I previously added, however, I am not receiving that as an option. The only two options I get are "create a new record" or "close without updating". Help, Please! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

Dynamic Date Ranges
One one sheet I have a time series of data sorted by month. How do I go about (on a different sheet) using some sort of dropdown box (either through data validation or a combo box), so that the user can select a beginning date and end date, and the spreadsheet will display only the information in that time period. The number of columns would have to dynamically adjust I believe. Thanks! -- jc94321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jc94321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27258 View this thread: http://ww...

Difference in years and months between 2 dates
Hi, Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 dates? (Using Office 2000) Thanx Subtract one from the other "Els" <Els@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54C0D76-1313-40EF-922C-FCB0780AD992@microsoft.com... : Hi, : : Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 : dates? (Using Office 2000) : : Thanx Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anyone know how I can get the number of years and months between 2 >dates? (Using Office 200...

Date sorting problem
Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or that only have a year. We have to sort them and don't know how. Such as: 12/31/02 12/00/02 2002 Thank you, Ardell You need to make some simple assumptions. For example, if there is no day, then assume the day=1. If there is no month and no day, then assume 1 jan. Then re-format the data. Then sort in the usual fashion -- Gary's Student "Ardell" wrote: > Using Excel 2002 - we have huge list of dates that often have no DAY, or > that only have a year. We have to sort them and don'...

Adapting Pc word template to mac

URL to customize Contract Template form
Hi all, Deployment Manager > Schema Manager includes the object 'ContractTemplate' suggesting that it is also possible to customize that form in the GUI. However, in the system customization area that object is not offered. Can someone supply me with the URL needed to customize the Contract Template form? Thank you for replying, Basman If you have sufficient privileges, you should be able to customize the Contract form by going to Home > Settings > System Customization > Contracts > Customize Form. If you don't see this, check your security role in CRM. The ...

auto date
Can someone tell me how to turn off the auto date part of excel? I need to insert different dates but everytime I try to input a date such as 6/02, 06/02, June 02, it always changes it to 6-05, 06-05, June-05. Any time I try any year after 2000 it does this. Thanks Luke ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Hi Luke, You indicate what you entered not what it is supposed to mean, we don...

personalize OrgChart template, stencil and master properties
Hello, I need to adapt the OrgChart Template to get the following features: 1. need to make custom properties to master shapes (so that they are availables each time i drag and drop a master from the stancil to the drawing). This means two things: first remove the default built-in properties (name, title, email, etc), and second add my own properties. I want ONLY my own properties on masters!! 2. need a custom stencil (based on the OrgChart stencil) with master with my custom properties defined at point 1. 3. On the masters' istances on the drowaing I want to display my own custom ...

can't see all text in template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My processor is an intel core 2 duo since I didn't see that category on the drop down list. <br><br>I have a large document with templates created by someone else. In areas where the text exceeds the space allotted, I can't see the text at all. I know it is there, because if I clear that block or try to cut and paste from an HTML version, the track changes shows the text in red to the right of the block. My goal is to provide suggested edits to the originator. Can I remove the template? If I ...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

perl Win32::OLE excel date
I need help retrieving the date from excel using the Win32::OLE pm. here is my program... use strict; use Win32::OLE qw(in with); use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel'; $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3; # die on errors... my $Excel = Win32::OLE->GetActiveObject('Excel.Application') || Win32::OLE->new('Excel.Application', 'Quit'); # get already active Excel # application or open new my $Book = $Excel->Workbooks->Open("C:\\TMP\\test1.xls"); # open Excel file my ...