Data Migration Install

I keep getting an error installing the Migration Framework.  I have done the
following.

1) using same user as was when installing Server
2) user is a domain admin
3) user has a professional suite license
4) workflow services stopped

Any suggestions?

0
Brian
4/2/2004 10:18:34 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Trouble with named data
In the formula bar of an x-y chart, I entered: =SERIES(,'Sheet1'!xData,'Sheet1'!yData,1) I tried both with and without the single quotes around Sheet1 -- either way I get an error message indicating the formula contains an invalid external reference. How can I solve the problem? It should be indicated: 1) xData and yData both contain an INDIRECT function whose text argument is a relative reference, thus data depends on which is the active cell. (I select a cell and recalculate in order to plot different sets of data). 2) This method of charting DID work for ...

Problem entering any data into any of the data entry screen
I have a problem entering any data into any of the data entry screen fields in GPDynamics. For example - if I go to the transactions radio button - financial - batches - the window opens - the cursor briefly goes to the first entry field -Batch Id - it will stay for approximately 2-3 seconds at this field then will disappear and the SAVE radio button will be highlighted. If I click on the entry field again Batch ID - the process repeats itself. I could probably get 3 keystrokes in before the cursor disappears and the SAVE radio button appears highlighted - I have tried to tab over from the SA...

Verification/Import of data
Hello, I have two separate worksheets. I would like to use the first worksheet to verify the same data on the second worksheet is correct. For instance, in worksheet one I have a city and a number (in two individual cells) and I would like this same data in the second worksheet (in two individual cells). Is there a way to somehow link (?) or import or (?) the two sheets so when the first worksheet is updated, the second worksheet will also update. I am so very lost.:confused: Thanks for your help! -- Karmen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kar...

Remove . (period) from merged data
I have a Word 2003 doc that merges data from our database, including a ref no which contains a period as part of its format (e.g. 10.001). We now need to remove the period from the ref no once merged in the Word doc, as another company who receive the document (shipping company) are having problems with it. They need it to be shown as 10001. We cannot/do not want to re-format the ref no in the database itself, as it serves a useful purpose for us. Is there a way to "code out" the period once the ref has arrived in the Word doc, perhaps by using a numeric picture switch o...

Using OleDB to get data from Excel
Hi people! I'm using OleDbDataReader to get rows one-by-one from Excel sheet. The code I'm using to do this: oConn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + name + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;\""); oConn.Open(); OleDbCommand oCmd = new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]", oConn); OleDbDataReader oReader = oCmd.ExecuteReader(); while (oReader.Read()) { //array to store current row object[] rowValues = new object[oReader.FieldCount]; oReader.GetValues(rowValues); ...

Like data
I need to match (or find like kind) in different columns. I also need associated data (in other columns) to follow the columns when they are matched. In the example Column A has associated data in column B. Column C has associated data in column D. How do I match data in columns A and C and ensure data integrity in columns B and D. Example Column A B C D A B C 1 a 3 x 1 a 1 3 x 7 z 3 x 3 7 z 0 l 7 z 7 9 k...

use command button to total datas in cells through VBA codes in ex
how can i establish a new command button in combo box to total datas in cells by wrinting VBA codes ?? thanks you ! Roy ...

Exclude Data #2
Dear all, I'm trying to exclude some data in my access table, but the code bellow doesn't work. I need that excel to exclude all data in the table that contains a criteria in two range of excel. It's the message error: "no value was supplied for an or more necessary parameters" For example: Table accounting_code profit_center date value salary 3 01/01/07 100 I have the range a1 for the profit_center and range a2 for the date. Then I will put in range a1 =3D 3 and a2 =3D 01/01/07, then I will click in a button...

error in importing data
Hi, i just finished to update my crm 3.0 and now i would like to import my datas. I have a .csv file and the importation procedure recognice all the record, but crm gives me always the error 8x8004032d for all records. Can someone help me please? My profile can do everything so I am sure to have the autorities to import. Thanks Alessandra I'm assuming you're trying to import the accounts? I believe that you can't import them. If you have Scribe, I'll send you the .dts file to import them as Accounts & Contacts - it would save you alot of time. "Alessandra"...

Error in data validation with dependent lists
I made an excel sheet requiring data validation with dependent list using a pull-down menu. I simply followed instructions in contextures.com and was sucessfull. I used VLOOKUP referring to the two selected items from the data validation with dependent list plus another field with data validation but no longer dependent on the previous two. My problem now is when I have entered items up to the 10th row I can no longer pull down the primary data validation pull-down menu of the previous rows, if I wish to make changes. But the dependent pull-down menu works fine. If I delete the entr...

Help with Business Portal Instalation
Hello, good afternoon group I have a problem, when i'm trying to install the Business Portal, the program checks the requirements shown me that everything is fine, but the button NEXT does not enable me to continue, which may be happening? I need your help, please. Thanks, Yandy ...

Selective Workbook Data Summing
I've created a Monthly Plant Activity workbook, with 31 Daily Reports. Each Daily Report has a list of Serialised Equipment used and the hour they worked. For any given day, the equipment used may have a differen serial number, or the same number as used previously (either the da before or from some other time in the month) I want to create a monthly summary sheet that will automatically sca across the 31 sheets and populate the summary sheet with a list o unique serial numbers Next, I would like the summary sheet to cull the hours used for eac item listed from step one above and presen...

Graph where source data has different dates
I'm trying to do a comparision line graph with two series of data. The are both tracked by date with the same range (from April 2008 to April 2009). However one series has data monthly and the other has data weekly. When I try to combine on a graph the dates just don't line up. Is it possible to have these line up correctly. I've tried formatting the axis to days instead of months but it appears to only line up data points. So for the data reported monthly, it is graphed across the first 12 days. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, just let me know & I'll try t...

Spreadsheet as data entry form
I wish to use some of my excell files as dataforms so I will have all information straight away in database, are there any good ways to do such a thing or my idea is crazy ? regards Peter Hi Peter my "database" do you mean in excel or in a database program? either can be achieved (although i've not had much experience with writing from excel to a database). if you mean a database (ie flat file - records running across rows and the fields in columns) in excel, then one place to start is to create your "database" (put the headings in row 1) and then as long as you&...

Ensuring SQL data is written
I have an application that is split (FE and BE). The FE always uses SQL formatted strings to update records in the BE. Periodically the data in the BE gets garbaged. It is always restricted to individual records. Some time times the system generated record number gets corrupted along with other columns in the record. I have never found the cause. I have been thinking that it might be something assocated with some event on the users terminal (i.e. power hit). One thought is to "check' the acutal SQL command to ensure that data has been properly written. Is this possible? Any ...

Use XML Classes or DataSet to manage Data Records?
I am currently using native .net XML classes for managing my little key/value data storage requirements and they work great. I have created a simple class to abstract the XML and manage my key/value data requirements that saves me tons of time and works great. Now I need to use XML files to store and manage records as a flat file (no relational data) and was wondering which path would be best. Do the native ..net classes make this kind of data manipultion easy (such as creating an auto index field) or am I better of to read the XML file into a DataSet and manipulate it from there. If native ...

OL2000 .nick file and fresh install of OL2003
Have a user who's been running OL2000 under W98SE for the past few years, who extensively uses the autocomplete function. I have brand new pc's coming in that will all be loaded with XP and OL2003. Will do the ..pst file copy off the old system and then do the .pst copy onto the new system, etc, etc. Is it possible to utilize any of the cached infro from the .nick of the OL2000 system on the OL2003 install? I know you move from a .nick format to a .nk2 on the change, but not clear if you can save any of the old info, or if the user will have to start on a fresh build of cached nicknam...

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Uninstalling MSCRM 1.2 and Re-installing
Hi, I installed MSCRM 1.2 with the wrong Organization Name. So I need to uninstall and re-install. Does anybody have additional documentation for this? I plan to backup all databases, and export an xml configuration file. Is this all I need to backup before I do the uninstall? Thanks, Do Hello Do, here is the briefly description "How to uninstall MS CRM". But make sure that you have a complete Backup from all systems available. ---------- How can I uninstall the Microsoft CRM Server while leaving the data intact? Resolution The following procedure will retain your Mic...

Error in the installation of Portal Business
Good This text is translated by Power Tranlator. I am installing Business Portal and it indicates me the following message: An error ocurred while applying security setting. nt authority\network service is not valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to domain controller on the network, Check your network connection and retry, or cancel to end the install. Thank you for their help. ------=_NextPart_0001_75D3622C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! The following us...

Sorting more than 3 columns of Numeric data.
I have a spreadsheet with six (6) columns of numeric data and would like to sort if ascending in each row. So the end result would be the lowest numbers in each row at the top of the spreadsheet. Is this possible? Thanks! -- JMax ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JMax's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6305 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494208 This is an exert from the help on sorting lists with more than 3 columns. Basically, you need to sort the list twice. If y...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

New install Issue
Hi, I have just created a crm box following the instructions in the included ig.pdf, however i am not prompted to log into the site, i automatically get logged in to the site as admin. I am sure that it is an iis configuration issue, could anyone help me out on this one CRM uses a 'single sign' on method. Unless you change your IE Local Intranet settings, when you access the crm site, your logged on user profile will be used to log you into the application automatically. Since you installed the software as 'Administrator' crm automatically created the CRM System Adminis...

How to make List created refer by another worksheet data?
Hi All. My table to check manpower overtime result base on daily working overtime. Header in 1st row : (A1)Index No. (B1)Name (AL1)Overtime Total (Hundreds of employee name...) Overtime total daily changes base on daily updated data on Column (C:AK) In second worksheet i make daily updated summary employee that overtime taken over than 80 hours only (A5)Index No. (B5)Name (C5)Overtime <80 (Display employee which overtime more than 80 Hours only) How to make 2nd page updated automatically everyday?? Excel provides for an On Open macro... The macro with the name auto_op...

Large Quantity of Data, Graphed in Time Intervals
I have a very large set of data (over 20,000 points) listed in minute intervals. I'd like to be able to create charts using different time intervals such as 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc. by using a pull down menu to select the interval and have the graph make itself. Is this possible? You can use a pivot table to group times by such intervals. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Kirsten" <Kirsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:811D6E3E-C457-4D36-BA47-1C835D6D670D@microsoft.com....