Data Import/ Data Map Questions

Hello,

I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated
entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft
Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis.  There are some up-
front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system
data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data
Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and
load it into the CRM.  I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and
have been able to write code that will do this, including use of
Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type columns; however, I sense
there are some big differences between data maps created in the CRM UI
vs. those created via CRMService code.

1) Why do Data Maps that are created programmatically using the
CRMService not show up in the UI?  Looks like you can make them show
up by flipping the IsValidForImport boolean; however, this attribute
is readonly on the importmap class.

2) When I try to import an XML file-based Data Map via the CRM UI that
contains <LookupMap> elements it complains they are "not a valid
element in a data map used for importing data"; however, I am able to
do lookups in Data Maps created via code with no problem - what's the
difference here?  Are more advanced concepts like lookups only
supported in code?  I would rather create my Data Maps in XML and then
import them for use when importing via code rather than creating them
each time in the code right before their use.

3) When creating Data Maps and using them to import data via code are
you supposed to create the data maps new with each import of a similar
file or can/should they be reused by retrieving them using their
Guid?  The SDK shows the former, that is creating and using them on
the fly, but this seems like it should be unnecessary.

Thanks for any help,
Todd Langdon
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Calendar in Publishing
I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? "Snickerdodle" <Snickerdodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36B8900A-F6E1-4495-967E-85998F45CCE9@microsoft.com... >I am creating a calendar in Publisher 2003. I am manually inputting my > personal important dates, but would like to import general holidays - I > couldn't find a template that has them. Are there any? I don't know the ...

Posting new data to PM & RM before year-end or fiscal period close
Hi GP Users, If I have already posted some new data before closing the old financial year, what are the possible problems that may happen when I close it? Any solutions to that? Thanks Andrew ...

One Line of Data Per Page of Report
When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 page report with 1 entry per page. Is there an easy way to solve this probelm? We are not very familar with access and need this problem solved. Thanks! On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:03 -0800, Coutu <Coutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When viewing/printing reports reports we are only getting one line of data >per page. So instead of having a 5 page report with 60 entires we have a 60 >page report with 1 entry per pag...

SQL Server 2005 CAL question
If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at the HQ server. Thanks in advance. Phil get a min of 5 cals Its not only the clients to think about its also any office PC that connects to SQL. "Phil V" <PhilV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2F3590-032F-4B4C-9CEC-5A6A6BC7F46D@microsoft.com... > If I have 1 HQ Server with with 2 HQ Clients, how many CALS do I need at > the > HQ server. Thanks in advance. > > Phil ...

create automatic response to questions in excel....
Hi, Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? thank you, Felicia On Dec 1, 6:39 am, felicia <feli...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way in excel where I have 10 questions and can click on one > question and get the answer to pop up in my spreadsheet? > > thank you, > > Felicia One way, with questions in A1:A10 and corresponding correct answers in A1:A10 on a hidden worksheet with tab name "Answers"... right click the tab of the sheet with the qu...

Super Hard Question!
linked from: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320701 I was thinking 1 full day yesterday about this....I still couldn't think a way out of this. I need to convert database sheet to Navision template as shown below(please refer to the link above for the spreadsheet. The Navision template is sorted by date. When that date is selected, Only the product and customer to that date is extracted....I just couldn't think of any possbilities on how this could be done. This is beyond Excel abilities, right? link: http://www.geocities.com/gjfeng/protoV2.xls Hi GJ, First up I don&#...

Import from Excel #2
Hi, Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? -- Chanikya See http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/xl2qif_en.php "cndesu" wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? > -- > Chanikya See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "cndesu" <cndesu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05433109-7FE5-4E53-8DE2-E3E2F5A8B34B@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can import from MS Excel to Money? Hi, I have a pdf file consists of transactions which bank gave me online. Now Can I import this file to money? -- ...

Importing specific content into an Excel 2002 worksheet
I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the document. As it stand, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are the easiest ways because the data is never in the same location on each document. Is there a way of capturing this data, and adding it to a selected field in Excel? The Word documents have a lot of 'noise' before, and after the data which is mostly contained in a table. This table also contains 'noise' that is not needed for the end result. Any suggestions are welcomed. Wayne. wrote: > I have some word documents that contain data I need throughout the &...

Data format in pivot table
I am running a Pivot table on some swim data. Even though the data is formatted the same way "mm:ss.00", the fraction of the second is not showing up or is not part of the numbers in the Pivot table. Pivot table data Back 25 Breast 25 Fly 25 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:31.00 00:33.00 00:31.00 00:36.00 00:31.00 00:27.00 00:28.00 00:23.00 00:25.00 00:24.00 Data the Pivot table is based on 7 CMSA-SE 00:21.87 00:21.49 6 BMAC-SE 00:22.95 00:21.91 7 BMAC-SE 00:23.13 00:22.16 6 BMAC-SE 00:27.97 00:22.63 8 BMAC-SE 00:21.07 00:22.70 7 UN-SE 00:00.00 00:22.94 6 CMSA-SE 00:26.36 00...

Looping Question
I want to use an if....end if statement in VBA that repeats over 20 times. The problem is that each iteration of the loop involves a different field in my table (20 different fields) so the coventional way of looping doesn't work. How can I do this without having to repeat the if....end if statement 20 times in code. below is my code: If Me.Txtm1 >= getdistance Then Me.Txtm1.Visible = False Me.t1.Visible = False Me.tt1.Visible = False Me.S1.Visible = False End If If Me.Txtm2 >= getdistance Then Me.Txtm2.Visible = False M...

Highlight Data Points that change in Graph
Hi all Is it possible to highlight data points that change slope in Excel 2003 and if so how. Richard ...

import outlook canendar into publisher calendar
Is there a way to feed my scheduled dates from my Outlook calendar into a Publisher calendar template? ...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

Question About Junk Folder/Mail
When one looks at the Junk Mail folder for either a POP or otherwise server, and does the ongoing Let-Em-In method as follows: 1. Highlight Junk Mail 2. [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Add to Safe Senders list 3. then (on the same message) [Right-Click] Junk Mail->Mark as Not Junk , these two commands certainly work, but one other annoying item is that it assigns the message or messages highlighted as Read. A look in the folder where the [erm] mail rules are supposed to place it shows the message having been processed, but marked as Read, thus not highlighted and fairly dif...

Basic sumif question
This may sound stupid but please bear with me. I want to calculate the sum of a column base on a true or false query. Column A Row 4 has the value of F or M, I want to sum up Column A row 6 to row30 depending on the value of row 4, in row A 33. So in structured English I would assume it would be... If A4 = F Then A33 = A6:A33 In Excel I have tried this... =SUMIF(B9:B33,"=F") But it returns a value of 0 even though I have values in A6:A30. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Paul I found your description to be somewhat confusing. One interpretation would use =SUMIF(B9:B33,&quo...

Question about System.Xml.XmlDocument.SelectNodes
Hello group, I have a some xml that looks like this below: <tuneRequests ct="3" xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-sql" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <tr xsi:type="trGenericType" number="2"> <s name="KATU" call_sign="KATU" affiliation="ABC Affiliate" id="28455700" ppv="0" /> </tr> <tr xsi:type="trGenericType" number="3"> <s name="KOAB" call_sign="KOAB" affiliation="PB...

Refresh data in the quick journal transaction grid
Hi, I have a requirement to allow user to enter and save amounts in the quick journal setup screen. This is also required to update the amounts as soon as the user selects quick journal setup in the quick journal transaction screen. I have successfully updated the amounts in the database as soon as the user select the quick journal. But the transaction grid is not refreshing automatically. It refresh (get the updated amount from the database) only when I click any row in the grid. Can any body tell me how can I automatically refresh the grid as soon as I updates the amounts in the database. ...

Developer Toolkit question
I am trying to use the Developer Toolkit for Visual Studio for Dynamics GP to add a custom form to the Extras menu. All of the sample code is for C#. I am trying to do it in VB and it won't seem to work. Below is my code. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks, Chris Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic Imports System Imports System.Windows.Forms Imports System.Collections Imports System.Collections.Generic Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Bridge Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications Imports Microsoft.Dexterity.Applications.DynamicsDictionary Public Class GPAddIn Implements IDexte...

Grouping & Moving Data
I have a spreadsheet with data in the following format on sheet1: Col A col B 1 pos 2 pos 3 pos 4 neg 5 pos 6 neg 7 pos 8 neg 9 pos etc etc - possibly upto 1000+ rows Each group of 3 are results of different tests on the same sample. (In reality there are currently12 different results for each sample) I need to convert this on to sheet 2 to read as follows: A B C D etc 1 pos pos pos 2 neg pos neg 3 pos neg pos etc etc Any ideas how to do this ? Thanks Joh -- Message posted from http://www.Ex...

HOW DO I ENTER DATA WHEN I SEEM TO BE STUCK IN A SUMMATION FORMULA
WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A SUMMATION. I CAN'T GET RID OF THE SHADING OR GET IT TO ENTER DATA? -- K J PETERSON hi typing with all caps is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. press the F8 key once and see what happens. Regards FSt1 "kenneth j peterson" wrote: > WHEN I OPEN MY SIMPLE SPREAD SHEET AND ATTEMPT TO FILL ONE CELL I AM STUCK > THERE AND AS I TRY TO MOVE AROUND I GET THE BLUE SHADING AS IF I WERE DOING A > SUMMATION....

Same import week after week
Tab-delimited data from a time sheet program. Kinda tedious, marking the col's I want. Can this process be automated? If all I need to do is record it off the keyboard, I'm fine. But if it requires VBasic I am in a foreign country. I have a report form all set up to receive the data. When it's good it's very, very good but when I screw up it's awful. rs Try recording a macro? http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "tcebob" <handle @ gwi.net> wrote in message news:OwDAq...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Annotation Import Not Associating with Account or Contact
When I import data into CRM from the cdf database my Accounts, Accounts_ext, and Contacts import correctly, the Annotation (Notes) import but are not associating with the Account or Contact. For the Object ID, I'm using the same Account ID or Contact ID that I use when importing the Accounts and Contacts. I noticed when I go through the Cleanse Data section of the Data Migration Wizard, I'm not prompted to associate the ObjectTypeCodeName Account or Contact....I'm not sure if this is the actual problem or not. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ...

Macro to delete specific data in tables
Hi: I am an analyst working in service quality for a market research firm. We use SPSS 12 to output the data and later copy paste the tables into Excel for formatting and printing. The problem I currently have is that I got a large group of output tables which come in two different formats. The first table is like this: Satisfacción Expectativas Mean Std Deviation Masculino 5,4 1,4 Femenino 3,8 2,2 Group Total 5,3 1,5 Menos de 2400 UF 5,9 ,9 2401 a 25 mil UF 5,6 1,2 25.001 a 100 mil UF 5,0 1,6 Más de 100.001 UF ...

Exporting data #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to export from a Money account into a format that Excel = can read? I have used Excel extensively but do not know what to do with = the qif extension that Money exports. It could be that I just don't know = how to import the data in Excel. Thanks --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C74E15.274520B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-E...