data import and word templates missing from CRM

Hi.  I'm working with a new install of CRM and there are some icons
missing in the setttings area such as the import function on the data
management page and word templates under templates.  Any ideas about
why this is?

Thanks.
0
david8411 (2)
5/21/2010 6:49:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Any word on CRM 1.2 release date?
Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? And will CRM 1.2 work with SBS2003 that was just released? -kw "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehxGoPvnDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? > > This depends on where you are based. I've just got home from an MS course, and we told that in Australia it will release to the partners at the conference late next month, and will be released to customers on 12/1/04. It was also confirmed that it will run on SBS2003 - it will ru...

making the space transparent behind an imported graphic
Hello, I have a logo created in Adobe Illustrator. When I cut and paste it into our newsletter, the space behind the newsletter is white. Is there some kind of feature in Publisher to make the space behind the logo transparent? Thank you. What version of Publisher are you using? What is the file format this Adobe Illustrator file is in? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Publisher 2003. Yikes! The guy who designed it it was a vector and rastor original, whatever that means. He also s...

Missing File Day 3 No resolution ?
No. Is this file something that can be sent to me? -----Original Message----- From: "Diane Poremsky" <info@cdolive.com> Sent: 4/12/2004 8:15:04 PM Subject: Re: Missing file still.... did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Troubleshooting missing items in Search Folders
Hi, all - I've got OL2003 SP2, and in the interest of organizing my boatload of client correspondence, I've just started setting up search folders for them. I have used Search Folders a lot in the past, but am running into some strangeness... My goal is to find all mail sent to or from me, to or from my clients' registered domain names, looking in my inbox or sent items folder only. I was unable to make a wildcard (to act on anybody@domain.com) if I used a custom search folder, no matter what I did - in advanced, using "TO contains domainname.com" and "FROM c...

Re-Applying Visio 2003 Template...
Does anyone know how I can re-apply a template to a Visio Drawing? I have a template containing background pages that act as different layouts, I am adding new ones to the template but because Visio doesn't link the template my older drawings do not see the new additions. Is there anyway I can re-apply a template to my drawing to alow it to see the new background pages (short of copying the drawing to a new drawing created using the newly changed template)? Thank you in advance. Martin Dobson System Developer ...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Where are the templates???
When I choose "File --> New", on the left side of the screen is a pane titled "New Publication". It shows all these templates. But where are they located physically on the computer??? A hidden folder C:\\Documents and Settings\<<user name>>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates Vista and Office 2007 C:\Users\<<user>>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates If you are asking about the templates within the Office 2003 They are found here C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

Can I replace word by word in italics?
Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to replace a word by the same word in Italics? -- Marv Not in Publisher, but you can in Word using wildcards. Might try copy/paste into Word, do the editing, copy/paste back into Publisher Help here http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "WISEMANOFNARNIA" <COHENMARVIN@LYCOS.COM> wrote in message news:1f5149a6-f337-4db7-9aed-78132e9c9ae8@j12g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to > replace a word by ...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

Word Track Changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on a large document with several other people where we use track changes. The person's changes show in blue on their version of the document but when I open it they appear grey. I look at my preferences and grey isn't selected as an option. Any ideas? You most likely have the color set to Auto in which case reformatted text is marked with the default [usually black/gray] color. The other individual probably has the color set to Blue or By Author. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/14...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

Importing ofx file
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an annoyance just the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this? tia dennisd In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net> writes >I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account >information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working >and I have to manually import the fi...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

pivot table changes when data is refreshed.
Hi, I have a pivot table with grouping based on a field called "period which is of date type. I have grouped it into months and quarters However when i refresh the pivot table whenever the data (which is in seperate sheet) is changed, the groupings are going out. I want t preserve the groupings as they are like a template. How do i stop th changing the format and layout of the pivot table whenever i refres the data? any ideas? please help. regards Kiran:mad ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages d...

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

Import Outlook Contacts into AC2003
I've created an application using AC2003 which was both fast and easy. I have a new requirement to enhance the database to be able to import both contacts and calendar appointments from Office 2003. One thing that makes this somewhat complicated is that the client wants this process to show both the contact from Outlook and the contact from the access database side by side and selectively choose the pieces of info from the Outlook contacts to be appended in the access database. I know how to do this but it will be a lot of work. Can anyone point me to a tool, project...

CRM 3.0 Web client performance questions
Hello - I seem to have a bit of a connundrum here and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a simmilar issue. We've currently got CRM 3.0 up and working but I have gotten some questions regarding performance from some of my users that access CRM using the web client on a WAN link. They are overseas and the server is located in the US. They've got a 512kb connection and we've got a full t-1 connection. They are stating that it can take them anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 min to load a page. So, I had them do some investigating and testing with some other machines ...

Redefine field data type
Hi, I am trying to write a function in a module in MS Access 2000 that will change the data type of a field called 'Start' in table 'bo_cpm_CS01ALL'. Here is the code that I have done so far but when I run it nothing happens...no errors or changes to the table. The code finds the table and field, creates a new field called 'temp' then copys 'Start' to 'temp' then deletes 'Start' and renames 'temp'. The field 'Start' has data type dbDouble. Any help would be great!! Public Function ChangeFieldType() 'Purpose: Changes a f...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...