Customizing the Close Opprtunity Web Page

When you select Actions > Close opportunity... a webpage dialog page appears.

Is it possible to do any customization to this page?

I'd like to add a field to capture some more information, it would be
required if the Oppprtunity is Won, but no required if Lost.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Adding fields to this dialog is not supported.  Even if you were to add the
fields, there is no logic in the underlying code-behind to save that value.
Best bet would be to add some JScript to require something in one of the
existing fields based on the selected radio button.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"katrina" <katrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When you select Actions > Close opportunity... a webpage dialog page
appears.

Is it possible to do any customization to this page?

I'd like to add a field to capture some more information, it would be
required if the Oppprtunity is Won, but no required if Lost.

0
Matt
7/31/2006 4:10:48 PM
For a lost Opportunity, can the "Competitor" field be made to be required?

--
Jim

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Adding fields to this dialog is not supported.  Even if you were to add the
> fields, there is no logic in the underlying code-behind to save that value.
> Best bet would be to add some JScript to require something in one of the
> existing fields based on the selected radio button.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "katrina" <katrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When you select Actions > Close opportunity... a webpage dialog page
> appears.
>
> Is it possible to do any customization to this page?
>
> I'd like to add a field to capture some more information, it would be
> required if the Oppprtunity is Won, but no required if Lost.

Adding a Macro as a custom action
I have written a macro that I would like to execute as a part of a rule. How to you add the running of a macro as a 'Custom Action'? Or how else could I do it? Thanks in advance - your assistance is much appreciated. [As well as posting here, please email me] Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Micah Melnyk" <8mgm@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote in message news:099101c49758$2643cbb0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... ...

Specific Custom Message Filter/Query
I would like to find out if and how the following can be done on Exchange 2003 Std. I'd like to search or filter any and all messages leaving or entering our domain (i.e. messages leaving or entering the mycompany.com domain, but exclude messages with the below criteria being sent or received within our domain) where either of the following is within the subject or the message body. 6 consecutive numbers OR numbers in a social security number format. In other words find anything sent or received outside our domain in the numerical format of xxx-xx-xxxx Thanks! ...

No For Closing Excel or User Form
Is there a macro code which will not allow closing Excel Program with up right corner button "X", if not, how about User Form? Thanks, Sahak question was answered in your later reposting. http://google.com/groups?threadm=01b601c398d1%24000302d0%24a501280a@phx.gbl Sometimes you do have to ask again and waiting a day (21 hours) is a reasonable wait for most questions. You should however stick to the same thread and not change the subject line. Try to make the original subject title describe the problem in about 30 characters. Meaningful subjects and keeping to a thread help...

arrows on page
Help please, I have hit something on the keyboard by mistake and now everytinme I answer an email I have a pye symbol where I want to write and a dot between every word and an arrow pointing down and to the left at the end of every line. It is sending me bonkers. How do I stop it? Mandy wrote: > Help please, > > I have hit something on the keyboard by mistake and now everytinme I answer > an email I have a pye symbol where I want to write and a dot between every > word and an arrow pointing down and to the left at the end of every line. It > is sendi...

GP has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am getting this message as soon as I launch GP 10 sp4 on 1 client workstation. I get this with any .set file and when launching dynamics.exe directly. I have copied the GP installed folder from a known good machine, and am thinking I will just uninstall\reinstall, however, under add\remove programs I can only "Change". I am running as a domain admin and tried launching setup from the installation media to do a repair, or even install another instance of GP but running setup.exe just hangs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Rob What is th...

How to write custom serialization method in C# web service
Hi, I have a C# web service client that talks to a JAVA application sever. I use AXIS to generate the WSDL file, use wsdl.exe to generate proxy stub c# code. When I try to use c# client connect to application server, I did not get the result in the C# client side, I used a soap monitor to look at the SOAP messages that were exchanged, I can see server returned a correct SOAP message, but the C# client failed to deserialize the XML result back to the C# object. I wonder if there is a way to write a custom XML deserializer to populate the result back to C# object. The serialization part seemed...

>> Only Print Last Page of Report
Hi, using Access 2003 is there a method that I can use to print only the last page of a report? I can use the print range method to specify page 1; that is the first page. Is there a switch or setting to specify a print range of the last page without knowing the page number at run time? All ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Jonathan wrote: >Hi, using Access 2003 is there a method that I can use to print only the last >page of a report? > >I can use the print range method to specify page 1; that is the first page. >Is there a switch or setting t...

Accessing Web Service through a Proxy.
Hello, I have an unmanaged VC7 app (ActiveX control implemented using MFC) calling a C# dotnet service. I'm using the VS2003 generated proxy class derived from CSoapSocketClientT. The activeX control works fine but when used through a proxy that requires authentication I end up getting 407 error. I tried using authentication schemes as suggested in most of the threads. CAtlHttpClient& httpClient = webserviceInst.m_socket; CSampleBasicAuth basicAuth; httpClient.AddAuthObj(_T("BASIC"), &basicAuth, &basicAuth); CNTLMAuthObject ntlmAuth; httpClient.AddAuthObj(_T("...

The xml page cannot be displayed.
I run IE and get follow error: ------------------------------------------------------ The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource 'http://xerox/loader.aspx'. Line 1, Position 2 <%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="Microsoft.Crm.Web.Loader" CodeBehind="Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.dll" %> -^ --------------------------------------------------------- Site in a tr...

Unable to delete the last blank page in MS word
We generate a word document using VB script. Dynamically populate values from DB using bookmarks. We also attach a pre defined document at the end, but a blank page comes after the attachement. How to avoid programatically? There is no empty spaces below the attachement section or the attachment. Pleae advice. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Vishnu" <Vishnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9DCEAA6-DBAF-4BD0-9E6C-8B33...

how to delete "Lists" tab from the left pane of project web access
I have created a document library in PWA page . In the left pane there is new document library under the Lists title with the name of EPM Support. but after 5 minutes i have deleted this one . but Lists title is still there. how can i delete this "Lists" . Kindly reply me soon. ...

Custom form Authentication
I have an application that I have rolled out at a few different customers. I create a virtual directory under CRM and in the isv.config file I use relative url. Yet in some cases people have to re-authenticate into my pages. These pages are launched from within CRM, so there is no reason to re-authenticate. There is a new patch out there for some IIS error that when applied, the re-authentication just plain doesn't work and none of my users can get in. These seems so basic - so what am I missing!! Thanks! ...

Custom Number Formats
Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats? I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful. tj How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help? In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>, "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and > limitations of Custom Number formats? > I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word fo...

e mail home page
When my wife was using Windows mail she did something and lost the box in the LH upper corner which lists the inbox, deleted items, sent items and junk mail. When we open up Windows mail the only thing that opens is the inbox. How do we get this box back so we access the above items. View | Layout | Folder List. Check it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75D54688-7E8F-4B8A-8DA3-525755FB2685@microsoft.com... > When my wife was using Windows mail she...

How to close data file...?
Outlook xp sp2, Windows nt sp6a, novell servers, exchange 2000, Libra with Saggitarius rising....does that cover it? We are intending to change the location of our Archive Folders (for all users, it's currently h:\archive.pst). The files are going to be moved off-hours by us. What we need to accomplish is closing the h:\archive.pst file via some automated method that can be rolled out to all users. Our usual "snapshot" method is failing - it's doing something bad to the outlook profile. Not closing it before changing the pointers is also not an option, as it seem...

Getting "This page cannot be diplayed"
I have been getting the "This page cannot be diplayed" when I click on either the Investing, Planning, or Taxes button. When I am connected to the Internet it works fine, but sometimes I want to check my Debt Reduction Planner or check on how I am doing with my tax situation without having to get online. Why does Money require you to be connected to the Internet just to switch over to these modules? Is this an issue with Money 2005 Premium or is there a way to get around it. Thank you ...

Pressing Enter Key closes the application
I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do you know why this could happen? "inbal" <inbal.shefi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165237049.726474.42200@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... >I am new to MFC (2 weeks experience...), and wrote a dialog based > application. When pressing the Enter key, the application closes. Do > you know why this could happen? > Annoying, isn't it? When the dialog resource was created, it put an OK and Cancel button, then made the OK ...

Populate Customer from Drivers License
Has anyone seen an addon that can populate a new customer based on the information from the 2d barcode on their drivers license? (I know about Newestech's People PoP that bases it on a phone number - but I have a client that is specifically looking for a drivers license addon.) I know RetailPro has it as an addon to their POS software, but I haven't see anything for RMS yet. Jared ...

Publisher 2K, how do you move pages in a document
I am building a website in Publisher 2K (as my client has that and wants to be able to their own updates etc.). If I have 10 pages in the document, how can I reorder them? It will let me delete but there seems to be no way just to move pages. Thanks I'm a bit confused here. If you are turning a Publisher document into a website (which Publisher *can* do but FrontPage is the proper MS apllication to do that), why does the order of the document matter? I can understand the order of a paper copy but there really isn't an *order* online. "Reno" <reno@dizzydreams.com&...

Can't see Potential Customers in offline mode
When I go offline and use Outlook, then click on Opportunities to view them, I can't see the Potential Customer in the view for any account I don't personally own, even though they are shared out to me. Why is this happening? I am a CRM admin so I should have no restrictions. The only limit for me I guess is that I don't actually OWN the companies I can't see. Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies ...

cannot insert page break
I have RMB - Reset All Page Breaks. Then I select a ROW, RMB - Insert Page Break. They page break is not inserted. I also tried to add a vertical/column page break with no luck. I tried this from the pull down menus as well (Insert - Page Break). Any idea what could be wrong? Using Office Professional Edition 2003 Thanks, Sean Try checking your page setup. When I have this problem, it's usually because I've forgotten I had set the "fit to page" feature. This feature is not compatible with setting your own page breaks (which is understandable). Set the page scaling to ...

Open Excel files linked on web page in Excel instead of IE?
Have a problem I hope someone can help with. Our office Intranet has links to .xls files, but when you click on the link it opens Excel from within IE, and you have to go in and manually select the Excel toolbars to display etc. As these xls files are opened frequently to price out jobs over the phone, it's not practical to have to manually select the nessesary toolbars etc every time the link is clicked on. Is there a way to bypass IE and open the file directly in Excel, or have all the "normal" elements of Excel displayed by default when Excel launches with IE? Thanks for any a...

Page Breaks for Entire Work Book
I have a 110 Worksheet Workbook and I want to set the same page breaks for each page without manually doing every worksheet individually. Any help or macros out there? Thanks, Steve you always can use Tools > Macro > rocord new macro then do the job on one worksheet the stop the recording and sse the vba code. (this will help next time) But today, and in your case, I suggest ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Rows(8) one line all the job done (before row 8 in this example) Thanks a million "abcd" wrote: > you always can use > Tools >...

Sorting within a page
I have a long list of recipes on a page that I have hyperlinked to the actual recipes in one note. I have catagorized them by food type, ie. Desserts, Breads, Salads, etc... My question "is there a way to sort lists within a page alphabetically other than manually? Thank you! runnercyclist wrote: > I have a long list of recipes on a page that I have hyperlinked to > the actual recipes in one note. I have catagorized them by food > type, ie. Desserts, Breads, Salads, etc... > > My question "is there a way to sort lists within a page > alphabetic...

Customizing the Display of Data in an Excel Cell
Hi gurus. I would like to have the cells in my spreadsheet do something automatically, if that is possible: I would like there to be some space between the text in a cell and the lower border of the cell, even if there is only one line of text. This woud be kind of like what you have in Word, where you can set each paragraph to have 6 or 12 points of space before the next paragraph. Is that possible? Thanks. deedeecee hi try this. right click the cell. from the popup select format cells. or on the menu bar>format>cells on the format cells dialog, click the alignmen...