customizing quote merge template

I have 2 major problems that I just cannot seem to be able to resolve.

When using the mail merge template to do a quote it seems that there
are only a very limited range of "fields" that are made available to
the user. These DO NOT include the actual accounts "Address" only
shipping and billing address - 99% of our clients don't use these
address's so all our data is in "Address_line1" etc

Neither do the fields for "product description" appear in the list
only the products name. All our quotes have always included a short
four or five line descripition which is of course in the "products"
table but its not made available for quotes - WHY NOT?

Is there anyone who can help me get acess to these fields in the mail
merge?

thanks

ST

0
steve
6/25/2007 5:36:15 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Steve,

You can try our WordMailMerge for MS CRM 3.0. This is an Add-On which allows
you to use all fields from quote, quote detail and also related fields like
the account address and many more fields to generate your quote. But this
works not only for quotes it works for nearly every entity in MS CRM.

If you are interested you could take a look on our website
www.mscrm-addons.com to get detailed informations or send me an email.

Regards,
Christian Ternek
_________________________
www.mscrm-addons.com
Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS!

WordMailMerge for MS CRM
GroupCalendar for MS CRM
Telephone Integration for MS CRM
EmailSignature for MS CRM

<steve@cimsolutions.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I have 2 major problems that I just cannot seem to be able to resolve.
>
> When using the mail merge template to do a quote it seems that there
> are only a very limited range of "fields" that are made available to
> the user. These DO NOT include the actual accounts "Address" only
> shipping and billing address - 99% of our clients don't use these
> address's so all our data is in "Address_line1" etc
>
> Neither do the fields for "product description" appear in the list
> only the products name. All our quotes have always included a short
> four or five line descripition which is of course in the "products"
> table but its not made available for quotes - WHY NOT?
>
> Is there anyone who can help me get acess to these fields in the mail
> merge?
>
> thanks
>
> ST

0
Christian

HowTo: Reduce "memory footprint" of simple app?
I'm developing a relatively simple MFC SDI app that has an objective of working well on "dinosaur" computers (old Pentium or 486, minimal memory, Win95, VGA resolution). MFC apps seem to have a default minimum memory allocation of about 4 megs, regardless of whether the app does much of anything. With Win2000 and and WinXP, the TaskMgr indicates that a wizard generated SDI app is allocated about 3.7 to 4.0 megs. My impression is that it is possible to set an option for the linker, or make a call to the o/s to relinquish quite a bit of this memory. However, I haven't found t...

How CRM categorize opportunities into "This Record Only", "Related" and "All Affiliated" Records
In Account or Contact windows, with opportunity tab clicked, a list of opportunities is displayed under the above 3 different categories. I believe it depends on how you create an opportunity. Want to know how opportunities are being ended up under 3 different categories and what are the significances or uses in differentiating the opportunities into these categories. ...

Invalid object name "ECDSMTP"
We are receiving this error message when tryin to merge parts with Preofessional Services Tools Library: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server] Invalid object name "ECDSMTP" When you click OK the following error message occurs: The stored procedure TACallITem Combiner returned the following results: DBMS: 208, Dynamics: 0 I have searched the Knowledge base and have not found any help with either error message. We use Dynamics GP ver 10 SP1 Mike Mike, The reason you usually won't find anything in the KB for these kind of problems is due to the first part of the e...

Adding "float" fields
Hi. This might be a simple one for you developers :-) When i'm adding money fields, i'm user a simpel script like this one. But how should I modify it when i'm adding float fields? Thanks Jacob Mondrup Eksampel: var Va1=crmForm.all.new_jul2009.DataValue; var Va2=crmForm.all.new_aug2009.DataValue; var Va3=crmForm.all.new_sep2009.DataValue; var Va4=crmForm.all.new_okt2009.DataValue; var Va5=crmForm.all.new_nov2009.DataValue; var Va6=crmForm.all.new_dec2009.DataValue; var Va7=Va1+Va2+Va3+Va4+Va5+Va6; crmForm.all.new_ialt20092.DataValue=Va7; ...

Protecting/Unprotecting all sheets with macro leads to "image" iss
After I run the macro code (see below) to protect or unprotect all sheets images from other areas of the spreadsheet appear at random when I start to input in cells. They go away if you page down and up again or leave the sheet and come back. I tested this on other computes and I get the same effect. I am running Excel 2007 but the file is in 2003 format (not all users are on 2007). I did save the file in 2007 macro-enabled format and have the same issues. Code: Sub Unprotect_All_Sheets() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ws.Unprotect Password:=&...

How can I export a custom dictionary from Word 2003 to Word 2007?
Is there a way to export the custom distionary, including autocorrect entries, from Word 2003 to Word 2007? In previous versions of Office, I was able to locate a file that contained the entries I'd created. Being able to save those entries and import them into a new version saved hours of work. I now have to upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and haven't been able to find anything that suggests how to do that. I'm hoping someone knows how to avoid repeating thousands of keystrokes. ...

Combine 2 Merge Pubs?
Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different data sources. If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? Thanks -- Kathryn Sullivan Kathryn wrote: > Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different > data sources. > > If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the > merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? One of the merge options given to you is "...

"550 not local host IKON.com, not a gateway"
Guys I have been reading the posts here and the general answer is that it is the ISP's fault. I am having the same problem when I try to forward email and have never had this problem until I bought this new computer with XP and Outlook 2003. I have changed the e-mail accounts to authenticate to the ISP's server and am still getting the same problem Any suggestions? It's not really the ISP's fault - it's just that your configuration and what your ISP requires don't match. It's possible that the authentication method that you're using is not one that the IS...

- Need Help Finding Duplicate Customers
Hello Everyone, I have two customer lists with a names and customer numbers. They are currenlty in the same spreadsheet. I'd like to create a list of duplicate customers who have the same customer number. One list has over 10,000 customers. The other list only has a few hundred. How do I find the duplicates and create a separate list of only the duplicate customers with the same customer number? Thanks so much! Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <7rhb51t68u88l69u44kbnc9gbj4jll2o10@4ax.com>, mary wei <marywei@pacbell.net> wrote: ...

Customer Types #2
We have thousands of customers on our system, a lot of which we imported when we moved to RMS. I have several types of customers who are members of different 'clubs' e.g. barbeque club, food club, discount club, staff member etc, and then i have 2 stores. I want to be able to pull out groups of customers for analysis, and currently i can do this to a certain extent using filters to select the range of account numbers that i want, for example all staff numbers start with S so i can pull them out etc. My question is, can i set up several customer types e.g Staff Member Donaghade...

Restore "do not ask me again" when deleting task created from emai
When deleting a task that was created from an email, how do I restore the option to keep the original email from being deleted, too? By default, a message box warned me (or asked me? I can't remember now) that the original email would be deleted as well. B/f validating that I was ok with that, I carelessly checked the "do not ask me again" box. I regret this immensely, since I would like to delete tasks, but keep certain emails form which tasks may have been created. How do I restore the alert to its default setting such that it appears whenever I try to del...

KB 275186 "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
KB artucle 275186 describes this error I ran into once before and mentions a fix. It does not say how to get this fix. Any help would be appreciated. Yes it does -- reread the "Resolution" section of that article. If the fix was not included in a previously released Service Pack for Office 2000, you will need to call Microsoft Product Support Services and ask for the fix described in this article. A link is provided in the article for you to find the correct number to call. You should not be charged for the call if you don't ask for anything other than the fix listed in t...

How do I correct "error in registry for exchange extensions"?
I am trying to set up my e-mail account on my wireless laptop. I think I have everything set up okay as far as the account is concerned, but when I send my e-mail, I get pop-up message "Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions". The syntax or format of the registry entry is incorrect". "Check the registry settings and compare the registry for this extension to the other extensions in the registry". I have tried to find the solution to this but just don't have a clue. Thanks so much for any information you can give me ! http://support.m...

"Reply To" messages bouncing back.
When a message comes to me and I try to "reply to", the message just comes back to me in the same folder as the message I am replying to. The "to" address is correct, but it always just returns to me. The problem seems to be related to folders. If a message is directly in the inbox it works OK, but if it is in a subfolder of the inbox it doesn't. Maybe this is the wrong way to organize folders? I have all my folders as subfolders of "Inbox" rather than subfolders of "Personal Folders" Thanks for any help TMeisner -- ButtZ <t_p_meisner@hot...

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
When trying to access archived folers I get the error message "the messaging interface has retunred an unknown error". I'm using outlook 2007. IT person is looking into buying software to fix problem, not sure if there is an alternate remedy. Are you archiving from an Exchange mailbox? What is the size of the pst-file you are archiving to? Is this pst-file located on your local hard disk or somewhere else? Also, have you checked your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauth...

How to convert time into "block time"?
Sorry for my lack of terminology here but I need help to accomplish the following: From cells containing time in format 0:12, 1:18 etc, meaning 12 minutes and one hour and 18 minutes converting it according to: 1-6 minutes = 0.1 7-12 minutes = 0.2 13-18 minutes = 0.3 19-24 minutes = 0.4 25-30 minutes = 0.5 31-36 minutes = 0.6 37-42 minutes = 0.7 43-48 minutes = 0.8 49-54 minutes = 0.9 55-60 minutes = 1.0 61-66 minutes = 1.1 etc etc... That is, rounding and displaying as 10th's of the hour depending on how many minutes there are in the input cell. Any ready-to-use formula or vba-scr...

Customized forms
Is there a way to have customized shortcuts (example: to close a form, or open a particular detail window) ? Also is there an autofill functionality in Great Plains? Or can one be implemented? Thanks, Annalisa Version 8.00 already adds autofill functionality to most key fields in Great Plains. Custom keyboard shortcuts can be added to form level menus, however, there are a number of built in shortcuts, like Ctrl-F4 to close a window, Ctrl-L to open a lookup. You can also record a macro performing any action you like and then launch that macro with a keyboard shortcut by adding in to t...

Subform OnCurrent "If"-Statement: Mainform New Record?
How would I word some code in a subform's OnCurrent Event such that if the main form is on a new record, then... I've been trying "If Me.Parent.NewRecord = True then ... but it doesn't seem to be working. It compiles ok, and doesn't throw an error when it runs, but it doesn't appear to be working when I open the forms. -- Thanks, tbl what do you mean by "it doesn't *appear* to be working"? have you stepped through the code to see what's actually happening at runtime? hth "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:5...

Allow a group to have "Send As" permission for all mailboxes in a Mailbox Store
Hi, I'm running Windows and Exchange 2003 in 2003 native mode. In ESM I have set the security for an AD group (called "Helpdesk) to have "Receive As" and "Send As" permissions on our Mailbox Store. This has allowed them to easily access other users mailboxes, but it doesn't appear to actually let them "Send As" which I need to set up (not "Send on behalf of..."). If I go into a user's account in ADUC and go to "Exchange Advanced > Mailbox Rights" it shows Helpdesk as having "Full mailbox access" which I ass...

Outlook XP
Hi, I found strange behaviour in Outlook XP. When I send an e-mail with attachement in classic way using non-default account, all is ok. But, when I choose a file and use "send to" option using context menu, change e-mail account on non-default, Outlook ignores this setting and uses standard one (in my case - Exchange account). What may be wrong? Greetings Immon -- I'm on the list. What about you? http://www.imonthelist.info/ ...

Office Save Window too big for 13" MBP
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to 'save' or 'save as' a document and I use the triangle beside the file name to extend out the folders the save window is too wide for my 13" screen. Until recently I had a 15" and there was no issue. Is there a way to resize this window as simply dragging it does not work? ...

Input Custom Footer Date, external site users see a different date
Hi, I have been updating an XLS worksheet with a Custom Footer Date that enter manually when the document is updated every quarter. Clients a Homebase (west coast) can see the "right" date of when the document wa updated. External users (Remote sites, mostly east coast) see the date as date when it was changed in the last quarter. Example: I change the date to 03/31/04 in Custom Footer. External User see it as 12/30/03. Any ideas to why this maybe happening??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

custom control example
Hi, I have a win32 program with a custom control and few edit controls.Basically the custom control acts as a holder for the edit controls,so when the scrollbar of the custom control is scrolled, the edit controls move in and out of the window view. I want to rewrite this to fit the mfc methodology. I don't write in mfc and so I had like to have a look at some sample which demonstrates how custom controls are programmed in mfc using classwizards and likewise. Any pointers will be great? Thanks vipin Hi Vipin, I think you may try to take a look at the links below to see if that i...

Delete rows that the first cell's text is "A"
I have a large spreadsheet (41,000+ rows) that I would like an easy way to delete rows that contain specific Network Letters that are in Column A. Here is the first row of a very large POP dial up list. I'm tired of deleting rows for networks I don't have access to. Is there easy way to setup a macro/script to delete rows based on the text contained in column A? Greg :-) Network Letter, Area Code, Number, City, State, Country, Tier, ISDN Offered,V92 Offered A 205 6050101 Alabaster AL USA 1 N Y .... E 317 7070800 Danville IN USA 1 N N .... .... G 765 6798010 Glenwood IN USA 1 Y N...

Creating a "Greater Than Date" criterion
I have created a query, all the fields from an existing table. One field has a date format. I want to select for records in which that field contains data. I tried >"01/01/2000", but no joy. Message was "Data type mismatch in query expression." This is the way to create this criteria, AFAICT in the Help file, where it shows > '01 Jan 1995' as the proper way to select for later dates than that one. But mine doesn't work. Thanks in advance. Don. Dates need tobe delimited with #, not quotes. Try > #01/01/2000# or &g...