Customizing History View CRM 4.0

Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy.  I
would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contacts,
leads, etc...  Is there any way to customize this section so when you view an
email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they
have defaulted in there?

Thanks
0
geoff (60)
1/22/2010 8:56:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jan 23, 7:56=A0am, Geoff <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy=
.. =A0I
> would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contac=
ts,
> leads, etc... =A0Is there any way to customize this section so when you v=
iew an
> email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they
> have defaulted in there?
>
> Thanks

Not in an easy way as you only have access to the attributes against
the Activity entity. The coders in the forum might have a solution.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe
0
leon.tribe (293)

How to turn off automatic resizing of the view to fit selected obj
When I select objects that partially fall outsize the current window (becasue I have zoomed in on a particular detail), PPT automatically resizes my view. This makes drawing/editingn of small objects in a larger drawing tedious and time consuming. In past versions of PPT this did not happen. How can I turn-off this automatic resizing of the zoom factorview ? PPT 2007, right? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. That will fix it. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Viewing IMAP messages #2
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Ve...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

Journal View
I can't get "job title" and "business phone" fields to fill up from the client data. I can get start, company, contact, and notes. Help? Graham ...

Custom lists from different sheets
Hi to all, I want to create a custom list from linked data from other sheets. Lets say we create the list on 'sheet10' and the values will be taken from: 'Sheet1!A1' , 'Sheet2!A1' , 'Sheet3!A1' ect....and i want the list to continue till 'Sheet9!A1'. I tried to drag the first three link cells (on sheet10),in order to create the list but the next cells didnt jump to: 'Sheet4!A1',Sheet5!A1'.... Does somebody knows the answer.... Thanks in advance Hi One way is to link your formula to the row number, and use this to increment your sheet numbe...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

Charts #4
Hi: I have 2 columns - Visible Cost & Invisible Costs for 5 categories: Tech Cost, Facilities Cost, etc. I want to plot this in the following manner: For each category I want to plot the visible and invisible costs. The chart will have a line in between with Visible on the top in blue and invisible on bottom in red for each category. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Set up the data with categories in the first column, then Invisible, then Visible. Select a cell in the table Click on the Chart Wizard button on the toolbar Select the Column Chart type, and the stacked c...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

Inventory Cost Transfers in PA 8.0
Hi all, When I try to create an inventory transfer document in the Returns from Project Entry screen in Project Accounting 8.0, it seems to go well until I close the window, at which point I get the error : "This posting setting has been deleted". I've tried progresingon and applying the document, but when I do this I get another error: "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting" There are no batches in Batch recovery, and it seems to have posted through to the GL account. I can't find anythi...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

PSTL Customer Modifier
Does anyone know if the Customer Modifier in the prof svcs tools library works for national/parent accounts? We currently own the Customer Combiner and I know that one doesn't work with national accounts. Thanks. Irish, I'm not familiar with the Customer Modifier, but I did a huge project with the Account Modifier / Combiner. All the Microsoft documentation said the tool would not do the 2 main taks we wanted to do - reduce the number of segments in the chart and reduce the size of a segment. It turned our that hte tool does do that. The process isn't documented...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

Tracking a Custom Outlook Form
One of our users has created a custom Outlook Contact form. It basically contains an additional text field and the form has no scripting in it whatsoever. He'd like to track these Outlook contacts in MSCRM. When the user attempts to track the contact by clicking the "Track in CRM" button on the CRM Outlook toolbar, he recieves the following error: This item type is not valud for promotion to Microsoft CRM. I attempted to reproduce the problem, yet the CRM isn't even available on the contact form on my computer. Is it possible to track Outlook contacts that are usin...

Stop running sum(Over All) when customer change
Dear All I hv report based on tblTransaction which contains many customers with their transactions by date wise. I grouped report on CustomerID sub Group by Fromat(trnDate,”MMM-YY”) to get monthly transactions for each customer. I made calculated field to obtained closing balance with running sum over Group. I want to make the Running sum – over all but when customers is changing it must stop and start again, by default it will give running sum of all the customer, exactly this I don’t want. Any idea to stopped or make running sum based on customer when month is changing it ...

Viewing missing Contact list
I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, smaller Contacts folder that cam in from the smaller imported PST. I think it is still in the merged PST (500 MB)because it is larger than it was previous to merging. Any ideas on how to view the important Contacts folder would be very appreciated! stevec <slcolucci@yahoo.com> wrote: > I stupidly tried to combine PST files without backing each up (don't > do this!) Now I can't find my main Contacts folder. I see an older, >...

Pubilc view which displays all the records of a business unit?
Hi We have a requirement where we require to have a public view which displays all the records related to a business unit. ie. a user should be able to see his records as well as the records created by users beloging to his businedd unit,. Please let me know whether this is possible or not. If any one has worked on this please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Upcoming CRM event?
CRM v1.2 will be out later on, is there any CRM presentation coming up later on before CRM is on the market? (Hosted by Microsoft) Thanks. ...

league table #4
Sorry peeps email is smurfsix@hotmail.com ...

change from SIZE ON DISK: 4:00kb
I am using publisher 2000. How can I can size on disk: 4:00KB into bigger number such as 16:00KB in "properties" menu. thank: nguyen You can't. The file size is what it is because of the content. Why do you want to change the file size? This won't help you to open it. If you are getting an error message, that's a different story. Are you running Norton Antivirus on your system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nguyen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b6401c4be29$c5da6f60$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I am using ...

CRM for Outlook: HTTP 401 error
Hello, I'm trying to install CRM 4 for Outlook, but after I write the Intranet address e the Internet Address it sends me an error like: HTTP 401 Unauthorized. This error happens only on my laptop and all the other clients don't have any error. Could it be an error relative to my account? Thank you Rino Make sure the user account that you are using has a security role defined, and that you are also using the correct port when entering the addresses. -ajw "Rino Bertolotto, STESA SRL" <rino.bertolotto@stesa.it> wrote in message news:OGQQNgLcJHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP0...