Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview

hi,

can you please help me out in the following situation:

i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized
picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a
related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as
wanted.

note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview...

tia
--
Fritz Theiss
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset?

After those actions your changes should be visible.

Hope this helps,
--
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Fritz" wrote:

> hi,
>
> can you please help me out in the following situation:
>
> i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized
> picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a
> related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as
> wanted.
>
> note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview...
>
> tia
> --
> Fritz Theiss
yes, i did both.

thanks.
--
Fritz Theiss

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset?
>
> After those actions your changes should be visible.
>
> Hope this helps,
> --
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Fritz" wrote:
>
> > hi,
> >
> > can you please help me out in the following situation:
> >
> > i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized
> > picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a
> > related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as
> > wanted.
> >
> > note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview...
> >
> > tia
> > --
> > Fritz Theiss
Hmm. Thats odd.

Could you please answer these questions:
- Are there any message in the event log after publishing the changes?
- What are the exact steps you perform?

--
Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Fritz" wrote:

> yes, i did both.
>
> thanks.
> --
> Fritz Theiss
>

> "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
>
> > Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset?
> >
> > After those actions your changes should be visible.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > --
> > Ronald Lemmen
> > Avanade Netherlands
> >

> > "Fritz" wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > can you please help me out in the following situation:
> > >
> > > i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized
> > > picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a
> > > related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as
> > > wanted.
> > >
> > > note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview...
> > >
> > > tia
> > > --
> > > Fritz Theiss
Fritz:

Are you saying that you are adding attributes using Schema Manager and not
seeing them in a form preview?

After creating custom fields in Schema Manager, you have to add them to the
object's form before you can see them.
--
Bullitt Fitzhugh
Integrated Business Systems

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Hmm. Thats odd.
>
> Could you please answer these questions:
> - Are there any message in the event log after publishing the changes?
> - What are the exact steps you perform?
>
> --
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Fritz" wrote:
>
> > yes, i did both.
> >
> > thanks.
> > --
> > Fritz Theiss
> >

> > "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset?
> > >
> > > After those actions your changes should be visible.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > --
> > > Ronald Lemmen
> > > Avanade Netherlands

problem is solved. two issues:

- mixture between os in 1033 and crm in 2057 language code
- wrong/missing fields inside schema.

thanks again, fritz
--
Fritz Theiss

"Ronald Lemmen" schrieb:

> Hmm. Thats odd.
>
> Could you please answer these questions:
> - Are there any message in the event log after publishing the changes?
> - What are the exact steps you perform?
>
> --
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Fritz" wrote:
>
> > yes, i did both.
> >
> > thanks.
> > --
> > Fritz Theiss
> >

> > "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset?
> > >
> > > After those actions your changes should be visible.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > --
> > > Ronald Lemmen
> > > Avanade Netherlands

Calendar View to show Attendees?
Hi I have seen some old posts about this question but I wanted to ask it specifically in relation to Outlook 2003... Is there a way to show attendees for an appointment in the calendar views? By show I mean make attendee details visible on the appointment entry in the calendar without actually opening up the appointment ( in the same way that the location does if you enter one). I am pretty sure that you cannot do this by standard customisation of the view and if this is the case could it be done with any coding? Help/answers appreciated. Cozy Only by putting the names of the att...

Field websiteurl not a hyperlink in Contacts
I added "websiteurl" to my contacts form, but it appears to not be a hyperlink. If I add a record, the field does not product a clickable link to open the website. Any ideas of how to fix this? I'm assuming this is an oversight on Microsoft's side that should be fixed. For some reason the websiteurl attribute of contact entity doesn´t have assigned the url format type. So you have to create a custom attribute with url format type and use it for storing contacts' websites. Regards -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "ChuckM&quo...

popup menu customization ?
I'd like to easily go between the selector tool and the ink tool( tablet pc edition ) with the popup menu . I am looking for tips or example code or someone to pay to try this out. thanks much, art email address : art@rain.org ...

esm shows duplicate logons
I'm stumped as to why users logon info. comes up with duplicate entries? some have 3 entries with the exact information everyday. see below username: xxxx windows 2000 acct: domain\username logon time: 10/05/2005 7:40am last access time: 10/05/2005 client version: 11.0.6352.0 Because MAPI clients make multiple connections to the server. At the very least they make a connection to the mailbox store and the public store. If the user connects to any other user's mailboxes (like to view their calendar) then there's another logon (or more). "chris" <chris@disc...

Task Updates showing "Loading Grid"
Hi, with IE 8 latest version and Project 2007 SP2 CU12/09 I keep seeing "Loading Grid". Is there any solution that makes this dialog reliably working? Thanks in advance Adrian -- Adrian Miller First try clearing your IE cache and any downloaded files, etc. This should fix that issue which I have seen a number of times after upgrading.. HTH, -- Martin Laukkanen See my Blog: http://www.nearbaseline.com/blog/ "Adrian Miller" wrote: > Hi, > > with IE 8 latest version and Project 2007 SP2 CU12/09 I keep seeing "Loading &...

If difference is 0 or below how do show just 0
I'm not sure how to set this up? =(D21-B13)+(A5-B12) I only want to add the difference of (A5-B12) to (D21-B13) if it is positive number so if the difference is 0 or below how do I get it t just show 0? thanks for your help. jac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =D21-B13+MAX(A1-B12,0) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------...

Exporting customized views settings
Hello All, I am trying to create some customized views (added new columns, etc. to calendar view) on my computer using Outlook 2003 and I would like to give my settings to a client (uses XP, not sure on Outlook 2003, though) to use for their work. Is there a way to export a file that contains these settings (and maybe custom forms, etc.) and send it to my client? Hope this is not too broad a question. Also, please direct me to the proper group if this is not it. Thanks for helping out, Alex -- Remove first h for email. ======================================== 2001: A Space Odyssey...

Outlook 2003 shows wrong received date/time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C6FBB8.80B35B30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I moved some files from one IMAP account to another. Now Outlook 2003 = lists all the moved files as though they were received when I moved = them. So two years' worth of email showing pretty much the same arrival = time. If I open the same Inbox with Thunderbird, they all look fine. Is = there a way to fix Outlook's behavior so it gets the email arrival time = from the message headers? Thanks a...

Show Public Folder Contacts in Outlook contacts list drop down.
Hello, I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. Thank you, Russ Right click the PF and select Properties. Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the "Show this folder as an email Addess Book" field. It should appear under the Address Book drop down. "VIT" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup > for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. > > T...

Custom Entity Icons Not
I'm trying to update some custom entity icons for a new entity just the way I've always done and for some reason my system is now spitting out this error repeatedly: "The view icon has a format that is not valid" I'm uploading icons just like I've always done: web icon, 16x16, GIF, <10K and Outlook icon 32x32, ICO, <10K to no avail. I've even tried to re-update the exact same icons that I've used before on my existing custom entities and I'm getting this same error. The help contained no useful information and I cannot find any reference to ...

Easy way to add my custom button on Excel 2010 quick access toolbar?
I am trying to find if it is possible to add a custom (a button that I created myself) button to the Excel 2010 quick access toolbar? I have a lot of program code that I want to initiate and run quickly with one click from the toolbar. I don't want to use one of the own the pre-existing button images that comes with Excel 2010 because I want to use a custom icon button that will give me a better idea of the function that I am trying to perform with this macro code. Is there any easy way to do this? In Excel 2003 it was very easy to add a custom (that I created) button to any to...

"TO" field show email addresses and Faxes
Just converted from Outlook 2000 to 2003 - help! When I put part of a person's name in the "To" field, when sending a new mail message, such as "Mich" for Michele and I right click on the name I get several options. In Outlook 2000 I used to get any email address with Mich in the persons name. In Outlook 2003 I get email addresses along with Business and Home Fax numbers showing. Why is this? How do I stop the Business and Home Fax options from showing when I right click on the name. I just want to see email addresses to fill the To field. Thanks This is...

manually update field
currently we have a contract amount field for a table - many Many queries,forms, reports are presently using this table- we are manually recalculating this contract amount - I have created a query to update-recalculate the contract amount (based new workorders)- BUT!!!! - now I don't know how to handle past data - using this contract amount from the table - always query Past - present date - what am i missing- on how to handle??? Also don't know of a good way to find out all of the queries - reports, forms using this contract amount field - tried object dependencies sa...

Sharing Custom Views
Using Outlook 2007 on Exchange Server We have a shared department calendar which the "owner" had colored using categories. I have read that you can't share categories, but that I can create a custom view and use automatic formatting to color code the appointments. However, I believe I'm just not understanding the procedures. QUESTIONS: 1) How do you “load” a custom view? 2) How do you color code appointments using automatic formatting? PROCEDURES TRIED: 1) Created calendar as a new folder under the mailbox, not as a sub folder of the default calendar....

Sales Tax for Profit and Nont for profit customers
We are trying to setup tax schedules for our For Profit and NonProfit clients. Here is the breakdown of our tax areas: Here is a breakdown of how we handle sales tax based on a client basis. We also pay GRT taxes based on a cash basis. Tax ID > Tax Categories > >Client Tax Status > Product Tax > Service Tax NM-GRT > Tax on Product and Services > NM-GRT > Based on Customer> ? NM Non Profit > Tax on Services No Tax on Products > Non Tax > Based on Customer > ? NM Tribal > No tax on Product or Services > Non Tax > Based on Customer >...

Free/Busy doesn't show details
Most people in my company can see the details of everyone else's calendar. However, for some reason I cannot. I only see the colored blocks, not details. This is true whether I am using View Group Schedules or from a meeting request. I have turned on "Show Calendar Details". With this option turned on, I can see my own details, but I can never see anyone else's. As mentioned above, others in the company can see everyone's details, and they have the same settings I do, as far as I can tell. Any ideas on fixing this? I've done a bunch of searching on this, an...

Fromula to take employee # out of employee name field
I have employee names & numbers in column A. For example, in A1 ther is John A Doe 157 What would be the best formula or function to put only the employe (without the employee number) in cell B1? I tried =Left(A1, 10) but the number of characters from the left is no always 10. They can vary from 6 to 30. Any ideas? mikebur -- mikebur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46624 If the...

How to show Customer Name on MY Credit Card Receipt?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to print Customer Name on the Store's copy of the Credit Card transaction receipt. Basically 2 receipts are printed - one for customer and one that customer signs and gives back to us. The one that customer keeps always has the customer's name on it. However, our own copy has an unclear signature but not the customer's name and this makes it difficult to audit and match customers to their receipts at the end of the day (we do this to keep track of things which is helpful to us). How can we amend the receipt to print customer name on...

Publisher 2000
Hi, I wonder whether anyone can help me please. I am using Publisher 2000 and have created a speech bubble from the Custom Tools, I then want to add some text into this speech bubble, so have added a text frame and moved it on top of the speech bubble and made it transparent. My problem is that I want the text to fit within the shape of the speech bubble, rather than the left aligned text within the text frame. Not sure if this is clear enough, but I want all of the text to fit within the speech bubble shape. I have searched everywhere and can find nothing that helps. Have you tried ...

add note button to vendor id field in payables transaction entry
I'd like to be able to write a note attached to the vendor id, and have it accessible from the Payables Transaction Entry window. There is currently no note button next to the Vendor ID field. Rob ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...

Pivot table to calculate variance showing budget and actual.
Hi, I know this is rather simple, but I just could not get it right. I have this data: Expenese Type Amt Scenario Staff cost 200 Budget Admin cost 75 Budget Office rent 5000 Budget Staff cost 100 Actual Admin cost 45 Actual Office rent 300 Actual I am able to get the difference using the pivot table "Difference from", but it only showed that single column. I would like my pivot table to show: Expenese Type Budget Actual Variance Staff cost 200 100 1...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Difference between fields in query
Hello, i have a query in which i am trying to show a total number of items, then a total number of items with a criteria from a different table. Then calculate the difference: The way the query is set up is: Date (table1) Date: Count (table1) Date: Count (table2) Difference between CountofDate(tbl1) and CountofDate(tbl2). The first bit all works fine, its the difference i am struggling with. There is prompt for a parameter value for CountofDate(tbl1) and then CountofDate(tbl2). I click ok without entering for both and the result is totally fine, its just this unneccessary (a...

slides not showing on left in preview mode/when you hit play
Helping someone out. It is set to extended desktop in preview. When we click play show, the big slides will show but the slides on the left are all blank (white) but when you click to go to the next one they will play? Tried changing the graphis options with no luck. Also I noticed that the save command is grayed out and the icon is. It has a detachable toolbar that play or save to web just below the standard tool bar? Not sure if this is affecting the output? thanks I am not quite fully aware of the whole problem. Nevertheless, based on my understading, I think that the main ...

Qry showing AutoNumber as A. B or C.
Hi; Using a Select Qry to display the ID Autonumber of an open Form. IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![txtCustomerID] Note: txtCustomerID is an Alias for CustomerID. When the Qry is run it shows the ID number as A, B or C. Although it shows as a number on the Frm. And it will continue to add Alpha letters if the User adds new records. Even tried adding a control with its source as Name: FedFromID Record Source=txtCustomerID and changing IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![FedFromID] Would someone be so kind to point me in the correct direction to correct this. Thank You for taking the ...