Customize the home page forms

Hello All, thanks in advance for help

How can I disable specific navigation controls and action buttons on the
home page using javascript..  i.e. the views for activities / leads/ contact
that is 1st shown when the CRM application loads, such as file, new, create
new campaign response.

I am able to accomplish this on individual entities using javascript in the
onload event, and performing the following form customization to the
crmForm..

// disable menu nav

if(document.getElementById('_MIonActionMenuClickapplyrule4210')!=null)
{document.getElementById('_MIonActionMenuClickapplyrule4210').style.display
= "none"}

// disable convert to opportunity button

if(document.getElementById('_MBconvertToOpportunity4210')!=null)
{document.getElementById('_MBconvertToOpportunity4210').outerHTML = ""}

// disable follow up button

if(document.getElementById('_MBdocumentallRelatedInformationPaneExpanddocumentallRelatedInformationPaneLoadContextDatafollowup')!=null)
{document.getElementById('_MBdocumentallRelatedInformationPaneExpanddocumentallRelatedInformationPaneLoadContextDatafollowup').outerHTML = ""}

 but the views have no such OnLoad functionality..

I have tried placing this code in the global.js file but have been unable to
acieve the desired effect.  Is this possible?  I understand that this isn't a
"supported"  customization, neverless it fulfills my requirements..

Thanks.

Ben
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ben,

One thing I do to remove views from users is to just make them Private
in the system settings.

Example:
I don't want anyone to see the Contact Campaign views, so I go into the
Customization section of Settings and then to the Views.  I select the
View I don't want any one to see and open it up to edit it.  I then
choose Actions --> Sharing.
Here I just share the view with myself, the admin so that no one else
sees the view.  If there are still a couple of people who want to see
it you can just share the view with them and they've got it.

May not be exactly what you're looking for but it works, its supported
and its effective.

Hope this helps,

Fronk

0
davidfronk10
4/28/2006 3:42:48 PM
Thanks David for the reply.. I will have to examine that feature as that does
seem to be a better way to lock down functionality,

I have decided to go the unsupported route and hack the home_activities.aspx
and homepage.aspx

by viewing the dom and doing the following javascript, I am able to achieve
my objective.. Not supported, but does do what I want..  Some examples if
anyone else wants to attempt this..

// menu nav new contact
parent.menuBar._MIopenObj2.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// menu nav new campaign
parent.menuBar.mnu_item_campaignact.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// menu nav goto calendar
parent.menuBar.nav_calendar.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// menu nav goto reports
parent.menuBar.nav_reports.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// imagebutton new appointment
parent.menuBar.btn_new_appointment.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// imagebutton new campaing response
parent.menuBar.btn_new_campaignresponse.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// imagebutton new record
parent.menuBar.mnu_new_record.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// menu nav bar
// parent.nav.crmWonderBar.style.visibility = 'hidden';

// left nav menu calendar
if (parent.nav.WorkplaceFrame.nav_calendar != null )
{  parent.nav.WorkplaceFrame.nav_calendar.style.visibility = 'hidden';

"davidfronk10@gmail.com" wrote:

> Ben,
>
> One thing I do to remove views from users is to just make them Private
> in the system settings.
>
> Example:
> I don't want anyone to see the Contact Campaign views, so I go into the
> Customization section of Settings and then to the Views.  I select the
> View I don't want any one to see and open it up to edit it.  I then
> choose Actions --> Sharing.
> Here I just share the view with myself, the admin so that no one else
> sees the view.  If there are still a couple of people who want to see
> it you can just share the view with them and they've got it.
>
> May not be exactly what you're looking for but it works, its supported
> and its effective.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Fronk

after crash form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Split Form 04-15-07
When I change the font in Access 2007 Options - Datasheet, the font doesn't get changed in existing split form's datasheet forcing me to create a new form. Is this by design? The font property in Options is the default for new forms. For existing forms, you can open each in design view, select the objects, and change the font, enmasse. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JamesJ" <jjy@Darwin_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23puU2C4fHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I change the font ...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

how do i move multiple pages
I think you managed to do it: there's nothing here. "How" <How@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAF18F5B-5184-4525-86AB-F9A9308D2A86@microsoft.com... > Well you could pick up the book and walk or-- You could just try and describe your real problem. John G. ...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Form not loading right
Access 2003. I have a data entry form. I have an option group set up so the user can select the active patients or the inactive patients. Right now when I open the form, the radio button for active patients is selected but the inactive patients are actually showing. I have to click the inactive radio button then re-click the active radio button for the active patients to show. The option group is located in my form header. What's going on? I think I need to do something with the on load property of the form? Right now I have a macro to maximize on load. I looked at the other...

Text Boxes cut off or split over pages
Hi, I have a report with three subreports. They are set to can grow and shrink if needed. The problem I'm having is that the first page is showing the header for the second subreport and then the second page is showing the text box that comes after the second subreport. There are two lines of text and between the two pages that are missing. First, I had the problem with the header for the second subreport being split between the two pages. I adjusted the margins and now the header is there but not the text. If anyone can help resolve this frustrating issue, it will be greatly appreciate...

Suitable Font for A4 side folded 4 page 'booklet'
I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4 pages. I have used Verdana font 8 points and it looks satisfactory. Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full. I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point size that might be more suitable. I'm using Publisher 2002. I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry Thanks Art I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems small, hopefully your parish...

How can I shrink a flyer to print two to a page?
I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? CS Flower wrote: > I am using Microsoft Publisher and I can't seem to get it to print > two whole flyers on one page. I tried using the two page spread > option in the view tab- but this just gets a portion of the center > twice? How can I get the publisher to do this? ===================================== What if y...

Historical customer item numbers?
I posted this an hour ago, but it disappeared(!).... We have customers that change their SKU numbers frequently. So, physical item #A might have SKU #1 today, but SKU #2 next month. We need to show the correct SKU on our invoices to them. We were going to use the Sales Item Cross Reference table (SOP60300), but we realized this is a "live" value - that is, if we reprint an invoice it will show the latest SKU number, not necessarily the one that was originally invoiced. Does anyone know how we could deal with this? Does version 10 have any new fields in the SOP Order line tab...

How do I setup a name, home address and phone to automatically at.
when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone number that automatically appeared on my outgoing email. How do I setup the same for "Outlook" email which I recently purchased with Office 2003 Professional? Set it up in your signature, it's in the tools/options of Outlook. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Robert C. Sollars" wrote: > when I used Outlook Express I had setup a name, home address and phone numb...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Printing memo data from a form
I have a form which contains a memo field which may require more than one page to print. I can only get my printer to print out what is almost a screen shot of the page. How can I set up a command button which will print out the form with all the data from the memo field? Martin, You will run across that problem when trying to print forms. Forms are desinged to be used like menus (inputting data), reports are designed for printing. Create a report and set the field to Can Grow = Yes. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremo...

Non-modal forms and multiple documents
I have a non-modal form over my documents for convenience tools while I am working with it. Essentially a constantly-running macro until the form is closed. It is set to automatically run upon opening the file. The macro/form is based off a template file so that if I send the document to someone else, they won't get the macros, since they don't need it. The problem I am coming across is that if I have documentA loaded, with the macro running, and open up documentB for reference. Instead of running a separate process of the macro, it takes over the macro running with ...

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

Mail Merge creates extra pages?
Hi All: I need some help/advice/commentary. I'm creating some postcards using Publisher. Currently, I have it set to print four postcards per sheet of paper, and everything is fine. Publisher will print four pictures on one side of paper and then four addresses on the other. What happens is this: when I use Mail Merge to include the addresses from Publisher's database, Publisher immediately adds an extra page. So now, instead of it printing four pictures on one side and four addresses on the other, it prints two pictures on one page, two pictures on another page, and then the four a...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

User Form to Replace Master & SubDocument
I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S crashes constantly). I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each one, but the order also constantly changes. What do suggest to be the best format to use in this case? I thought to use check boxes to select the manager, but not sure how to re-order the inserts. Thanks, MR We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have a userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the managers names with the other one being populat...

Page sorter in Publisher: #2
How can I view in the page sorter all page numbers from multiple sections when in publisher? View, status bar. Not sure what you mean... Right-click a tab... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Old Dog" <OldDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7266393-4D6A-401A-9912-EFE3C6F7BD3B@microsoft.com... > How can I view in the page sorter all page numbers from multiple sections > when in publisher? "Mary Sauer" wrote: > View, status bar. > Not sure what you mean... &g...

Sub form linkage problem
I have a primary form whose data source is a "Master Table Query" which contains 4 tables all properly linked I believe. I have a sub form whose data source is a "Detail Table" which is not included in the above mentioned query. On the occasions that I have tried to include it, I get SQL error problems. The sub form seems to be following the main form records ok. but even though the Master Table Query and the Detail Table share common names, field types and sizes, they do not share that. The record number from the Master is appearing in the Detail table, but othe...

Paging Limit
Hi all, I've a little Pronlem with the Paging Limit. In Version 1.2 You can set the Max or min Value in the <CRMWeb>\Tools\personalsettings\dialogs\personalsettings.aspx file. But how can a set this in the 3.0? My Problem is some of your useres select 250. But this value is to large. The should only have 50. I can set it in the UserSettings Database, but all useres can set it again to 250. So I must lock the Values over 50 for each user. So I hope somebody know how I can change this. Thanks, Andre ...