Customize Reports 10-30-03

I am looking to find out how we can customize reports
that are in CRM.  What will I need to accomplish this
task?
0
Katie
10/30/2003 9:56:52 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Buy the full version of Crystal Reports for MS CRM from your MS CRM
vendor....

Sjaak Rovers
The Netherlands

"Katie Heller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to find out how we can customize reports
> that are in CRM.  What will I need to accomplish this
> task?

0
Sjaak
10/30/2003 10:05:39 PM
You will need version 8.5 of Crystal and the CRM Enhancement CD for Crystal
Reports.  I forget which CD it is.  I think number 5.

Once you do that, you can open up Crystal and go to town!  If you are
looking for more specifics, you can look on CustomerSource or PartnerSource
at www.greatplains.com

regards,
JJB
"Katie Heller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to find out how we can customize reports
> that are in CRM.  What will I need to accomplish this
> task?

0
Josh
10/31/2003 3:15:13 AM
You need crystal reports 8.5 however.....Great Plains can sell you a cheaper
version that only works against crystal reports databases so contact them
before buying a full retail version

"Katie Heller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to find out how we can customize reports
> that are in CRM.  What will I need to accomplish this
> task?

0
John

Change Display Names in Exch '03 to Last,First
In Exchange 2000, you could use ADSI and scripts to change display names for contacts/users from firstname,lastname to lastname,firstname. However, I am working with a new client that has a 2003 Exchange server up and populated, but the GAL shows in firstname,lastname against his will. How can I change this so that the GAL is listed the way he wants without individually modifying each contact/user? -- Lydell Anderson A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA I don't see how it should be any different with Exchange 2003. Modifying the Display name will change how the GAL is displayed. You should be ...

Column Report (Right to Left)
Good Evening. I have a report that I have finally managed to arrange such that I can print landscape on the front page and Portrait on the back. I have one problem left.... The back page has a columnar subreport in the lower fifths of the page. The subreport functions fine except i need it to fill from right to left. The data is in the proper order but the report fills from left to right? How can I fix this? Thank You Tirelle ...

Newbie wants to create a chart in an Access Report
I have been using Access 2003 for a year or so, and now I would like to create a chart, but am clueless how to do this using the Wizard I have conducted a survey - the results of which are presented in a spreadsheet (EXCEL) I imported it into an Access data base table, but now would like to have a bar chart that shows how many men and women (2 bars) took the survey (This is a field in the table) I would have thought this was easy, but I can't seem to even get close Can you help ?? Many Thanks JM There is a complete demo of a survey at http://www.rogersacce...

Vertical property on report
I have a report which has a text box. Due to room on the report, I changed the vertical property of the text box to yes. On print preview, the text correctly shows itself vertically (text rotated 90 deg.). However, when printed, it's still vertical but the text is horizontal. T H I S is not what I want. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Online history, more than 30 days?
I just started to use Money 2007, and successfully downloaded my banking history. It downloaded only the previous month, yet I know that the past six month are available from the bank. How do I request that money download more banking history? I tried downloading a .ofx from teh bank and importing that, but it seems to have made an aweful mess of the ledger with the final banking balances being way off. It seems cleaner if Money would just grab the old data. Any way? Thanks in advance. Mark Hello You have to shut the account off and reset it up if the information is there it will...

GP 10.0 Purchase Order Generator is not listed why?
Hi, When I tried to open Transactions >> Purchasing preview window, Purchase Order Generator was not listed. Note: I do have Purchase Order Proccessing Module. One more thing, Every time I click home button (GP 10.0 home page), I got an error has occurred in the script on this page. How can fix it? Thanks in advance ...

Contact relationship field should be longer than 10 characters
Forces clients to use slang-style truncations like grandpa instead of grandfather and Sis-in-law instead of sister in law. Workaround shown in tech knowledge article 867415 requires too much complex programming for a simple change in program functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

Error message 03-15-10
I am running a database developed in Access 2000. One of the users in the office is using Office 2003 on a Windows 7Business Professional. When he tries to load the database he gets the following error message. "Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'dao360.dll' version 5.0." Other users can run the database fine on Office 2003 but are using Windows XP Professional. How can I get it to run? -- Anne "Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01EDADDB-389E-40...

office home and student 2007 03-02-10
I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Michelle wrote: > I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? ...

qwe 10-26-07

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

Slow Web Client 10-01-07
Hi, We are running MSCRM 3.0 on a dedicated server and I have one user that experiences slowness in their web client. I've read up on other posts about how to address this issue, but those fixes don't resolve the issue or don't apply in this case. Issue is that there is slowness when the user tries to switch between accounts and contacts in the workplace view. It is also slow when they attempt to open an individual account or contact. I don't believe the issue is with the server because the user can log onto another computer and work fine in CRM. I also changed the server to ...

Passing values between reports
Here is the deal, I have a billing system that uses multiple reports. All reports get open when I run the system. Everything works fine when there is data in all the reports, and data summaries gets passed from all reports to the summary report. Sometimes in one or more reports in a certain month, there is no data, and instead of passing 0 (zero) from the these reports that do not have data to the summary reports. I get #Error or #Name. (The summary values to be passed are usually in the footer section of the reports) I use this on the summary report to get the values from the re...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...

custom and summary tabs missing on file info
I don't know if this is a Word question or an XP question but I'm starting here. XP Pro SP3 Word 2003 I have a folder with a bunch of dot files. I'm using the comments property as a way to note what I need to do to finish some work on the dot file. When I right click most of them and go to the properties option, the properties window shows General, Security, Custom & Summary tabs. That's where I've been editing the comments property. But one of the dot files only shows the General & Security tab. When I open that file up in Word and go to its pr...

Filter rows containing cells with values within a range (for example <11 or >10 but <21)
Column B consists of Brand names (each brand has numerous products) Column C consists of Product names (over 500 products) Coumns D to CG (row 1) consist of months going back a few years. The data from D2:CG539 consists of the rank of each brand for each month. I would like to filter my rows so that I can view only the products that have ever ranked in the top 10. I already have a couple of formulas that allow me to filter my data. Example 1: If I want to know the highest rank ever achieved by a product I use this formula: =MIN(D2:CG2) and then drag it down. Now I can use autofilter and see w...

Problem with printing multiple copies of a report
I read and follow the suggestion from this group to wrtie the code for a print sub: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptCertificate", True DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , InputBox("Enter Number of Copies", _ "Print repCertificate", 1), 0 Access prints one copy even I put 2 in the InputBox or use DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2, 0 in stead. Thank you in advance for your help. -- Jeff ...

access 2000 to access 97 10-09-03
If i produce all my work in access 2000, can i then convert it back to 97. in doing this will all work i have carried out be saved. or should i convert the database as soon as i open up a new database and caarry out all my work there. I am worried that all the data that will be entered will be lost as i know i will have to enter alot of information/ regards ...

Self Service & Reporting
Hi all, Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to report on all issues for themselves and their particular company? It'd also be nice if they could submit queries online rather than just via eMail. Dre Hi Andre, You will need to do something with the SDK to achieve this functionality. Basically, take the example of inserting a case/incident and build on it. Stephen "Andre Boyle" <andre@with.us> wrote in message news:%23KkUzETqEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know if there's a way to allow a client to repo...

need a formula 02-04-10
I'm trying to set up a formula that will check the value of a cell, then based on the value of that cell, will insert another value....i.e. If C2 =1, then G2 = A3 or if C2 = 2, then G2 = A4, or if C2 = 3, then G2 = A5. This will be across worksheets but all in the same workbook. The end product will be a table where the user will input just a few variables and Excel will populate the rest of the table. Can this be done? =INDEX(A3:A5,C2) "Aaargh" wrote: > I'm trying to set up a formula that will check the value of a cell, then > based on the ...

Compatability Mode 02-02-10
I am using excel 2007 and every file I open seems to be in the compatability mode and I think it is slowing down everything from saving a file to printing, how can I get out of the compatability mode? -- Jim Jim, the way that I did it was to save the files as .xlsx files. Once you do this you won't get the warning up for that file any more. You get a warning up saying something like you may lose some formatting etc. I ignored the warning and have experienced no problems at all. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Jim S" wrot...

Repost Report Orientation Issue
Sorry for the repost. Someone answered my post earlier with a blank post. Here's my original post. Help appreciated... I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason. Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it should. What is happening here? "JimfromIndy&...

Customize Improt Wizard
Hello I am a newer user to CRM. I wanted to ask anyone that knew if there was a way that I could customize the "Target Field" in the import wizard for Leads, Accounts or any of the import types. I would like to add a "DUNS" field and remove like "Yomi First Name". I would also like to ad the "Number of PC's" Field. Any thoughts on this would be great. You can add or delete atributes in the customization area by customizing entity... "Ctrlr" wrote: > Hello > > I am a newer user to CRM. I wanted to ask anyone that knew if t...

Need help calculating queries & reports
Hello, I have an Access Database 2000 to track performance. Within the db I have a performance table where user input their ID, date, part#, side, start sequence & stop sequence daily (there can be two entries per day). Then on another reference table with field: part#, side, sequence#, time (min). What I would like to calculate in the query and report is look at the start & stop sequence based on the part# & side then calculate how long (time) the operator spend on the job (part#). Thanks Example: Table1 ID date part# side start seq stop seq 001 1/8/...

Tajima G-30BW 30-Feet Easy-to-Read Standard Scale Tape Measure
Price:$19.99 Image: http://thediscountguru.info/image.php?id=B000OFRRIY Best deal: http://thediscountguru.info/index.php?id=B000OFRRIY GL-30BW Tajima G-Series 30' Shock resistant tape measures. Thick elastomer cover provides a sure grip and protects tape and work surfaces. Triple-riveted end hook with independently riveted steel back plate. Crisp, clean 2-color scale imprinted over a white background. Graduation in 16ths with stud and truss on-center designations. Smooth, high tensile-strength return spring. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Tajima G-25BW 25-Feet Easy-to-Read Standard Scale ...