Customizations 03-10-06

Hi,

using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity,
althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display
this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!!

Thanks for your helpfull reply,
SturE
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area
for activities in user interface.
You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge...

"Sture Van de moortel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity,
> althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display
> this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!!
>
> Thanks for your helpfull reply,
> SturE
Thanks Mike,

but why has it got its own view with "From - To - Subject..." when this can
not be displayed anywere?

Thanks,
SturE

"Mike" wrote:

> Email enitity is a type od Activity, there is no way to modify display area
> for activities in user interface.
> You can try to modify sitemap.xml, but you will need some knowledge...
>
> "Sture Van de moortel" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > using the "customization" in "Settings" showed me an "E-mail" entity,
> > althought there is no way to setup where to display it ("Areas that display
> > this entity") and I'd like to find out how to adapt this!!
> >
> > Thanks for your helpfull reply,
> > SturE

Autofilter not accepting custom
I was setting up autofilter so that it would display entries whose values are greater than zero. I made the changes in the custom window and clicked OK. The filter didn't work so I went back in to check it and the changes I made had not taken effect. I tried a number of things, but what seem to resolve the issue was to delete any blank columns from the spreadsheet. Seems a bit strange. Is there a quirk in Excel where you can't have any blank columns in the spreadsheet when using autofilter on a non-blank column? Tom Hi you may select first the entire data range before ap...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Custom Reports in Reports not available??
2 questions... 1. I just figured out how to download the reports available. I just realized that when I go to reports in store operations manager, the custom reports option is not available. Is there a reason for this? How can I fix this? 2. I really need to do a report on customers. I need to know how much money a list of customers has spent between certain dates. I can't seem to get any of my report options to let me do all of those things at once. EX. customers that spent greater than or equal to $50 between 11/1/06 and 12/31/06 and to have it list the total sales for that time fr...

Custom Fileds
How do you add a drop down list (custom field) to the activities for an account and Is it possible to remove some of the buttons on the side under Sales like quotes, invoices, etc...? Robert, You add custom fields through the deployment manager. Once you have selected the table you want to add a field and choosen Add Schema Field, you will be presented with what kind of field you want to create. Among your choices is a picklist. -Jason "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909FBA0-B107-48D2-AB3C-BA46FF131EF4@microsoft.com... > How do you ...

Outlook Express 03-20-10
Recenly installed Office 2007 trial (XP) now OE will only allow spell check in French plus a continual messge to comact files occurrs even after I have compacted Can someone help Cheers Answer 1: You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974 Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007. Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this. Vampirefo Spell Check. Download it from Major Geeks: http://www.majo...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10 info required
Hi All, Just wanted to know if Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is out in the market , and is available to the users . Or likely date that it will be launched. Thanks in Advance Asma Version 10 is not yet out in the market. Developers have copies but VARs have not yet been issued demo copies. It is expected that this version will release in June. If you are considering the purchase of Dynamics GP, purchase and install V9. I never recommend new releases until after a few months of run time to work out the kinks. Anyone that purchases now will get the upgrade to 10 as part of their suppor...

Syncronize Outlook 03 from desktop to notebook and back
My main system is my desktop and I also have a notebook. I would like to syncronize my outlook inbox and sentbox back and fourth from system to system. How do I do this automomatically? How do syncronize the two different systems so that I have the same information on both systems? Once I open my mail on one system my service take it off their server. Thank you for you help. Cheers, Bear_dog Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent...

Send and receive 09-08-10
Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM. If you see a Sync button on the toolbar, that is the replacement for = Send & Receive. However, the latest beta version went back to Send & Receive. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "searcher" wrote in message news:i68nco$lpa$1@speranza.aioe.org... Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM.=20 Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A...

Bin OverWrite Issue
I REALLY need HQ to NOT overwrite bin locations on the Stores... Each store has its own set of locations, and i NEED that to work! Can anyone recommend a fix or a company that could fix this for me? Can I hire someone to program something special for me? Jessica, If you are interested in looking for a solution for your problem I would love to help. We'd be happy to help you figure out a way to prevent this from happening, and if necessary we can offer a custom solution. If you are interested please give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us. -- Tha...

Allowing Vendor to Place SQL Server Instance w/o giving customer a
We have a vertical market vendor who we bought a program requesting to place a separate SQL Server instance on our server without giving us admin rights. I understand that they want to protect their schema and want to keep us from writing to the DB, but I feel very uncomfortable with this. What would you do? Thanks. Eds Ask, what if the their queries will cause perfromance degradation and it will affect your production.... what would you do? At our company we dictate to vendor on what server to set up their program and they given very limited login to operate only with t...

customer summary report
1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers at the same time. I can print this report for one customer at a time from Inquiry>sales>Yearly summary. 2. I am looking at getting the YTD sales numbers for customers through smartlist or reports. Is this possible? Also what sql table holds this information. Check RM00103 and RM00104. Have you looked at the Period Sales Analysis report? -- Jim@TurboChef "Jack" wrote: > 1. I would like to print the customer summary report for all of the customers > at the same time. I can print this r...

Access 1.10 MDV file conversions to
I have an old Access data base that has never been updated over the last decade. I have been told by a consultant that the new version of Access will not convert this earlier .mdv files to the current format. Does anyone know if this is the case? I assume you mean MDB files, and yes, it's true that the latest version of Access (Access 2003) cannot open Access 1.x files. To be honest, I forget the last version that was capable of converting those files. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "todd@mcadamsbuilders.com" <anony...

CRM Email 03-05-07
I need some quick assistance. My Microsoft partner is horrible when tring to answer these types of questions. 2 Identical emails are sent 1 from outlook and 1 from CRM with the tracking cookies turned off. The 1 sent from outlook goes thru fine but the one from CRM(not in all cases) gets caught in spam filters. This is not a spam filter issue seeing as the outlook email goes thru fine. What is CRM putting in the emails and how do i get rid of it? What are the SMTP settings for your CRM server? "Folders.com" <Folderscom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

Custom Search Folder
Hi! I would like to know if there is any way to programatically create your own custom Search Folder from an Outlook add-in, and of course, add it's own search criteria (I would like to search after a custom fileld added in certain MailItems). Also, if this is possible, how do I access it afterwards? It doesn't matter if this is done via OOM, CDO or Redemption (or something else?)...is it possible? Thanks a lot, Doru Use the Application.AdvancedSearch method to return a Search object, = then use Search.Save to create the search folder. You will be able to = use a custom field ...

CRM Email 12-29-03
I have successfully installed the email router, and i was able to send emails from crm and successfully receive them (both to company domain and outside clients). I have noticed though: 1. when i send email activity to CRM users (CRMEmailEnabled attribute assigned), they do not receive this in their queue - actually the application should generate another activity appending CRMxxxx to the subject line which doesn't happen in this case 2. Internal mails (company domain) We can not send emails to CRM. I have followed the steps in the guide, created a queue...everything and i am still...

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Import 10-03-03
I am having a problem importing leads. I have a simple lead file: Topic, Fname, & Lname. it is a CSV file. When I try to import, I get a system error in IE. I've imported leads before without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the addtion of 1 custom field in the lead form. I don't have access to customersource because we got the software for free at a seminar on CRM. Any help would be appreciated. kevin@ecomppo.com what is the error kevin? also when you added the custom field to the form etc i assume you published the change through deployment manager and res...

Excel VBA
I have created a custom menu bar..a section of the code below...but d not know how to create a 2nd level to look like the example below. Period > Month > Current Year (action) Any suggestions. Thanks. ' Add a new menu Set NewMenu = NewMenuBar.Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup) NewMenu.Caption = "&Period" ' Add a new menu item Set NewItem = NewMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) With NewItem .Caption = "&By Month" .OnAction = "Main" End Wit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You should find your answer here (...

Calendar Control 10
Hi all. Does anyone happen to know the location of the Calendar Control 10 on the MS site (or any other). Spent ages running in circles looking for this and I really don't like the MS Date & Time Picker. Cheers Anto. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I've never used it, but Ron de Bruin has a link at the bottom of this page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm This is the link: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Ron has some sample code on his site, too. "Anto <" wrote: > > Hi all. > > Does anyone happen to know the ...

how do I insert sequential numbering on a sheet of 10 pages?
-- Morrell http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

IF function 05-21-10
I have a list of numbers in column A. Some are formated in 'red' color and the others are 'black'. How do i format column B so there is an 'X' next to the numbers that are 'red' and nothing next to numbers that are 'black.' Thank you I would take the opposite approach. I'd put an X in the adjacent column or leave it blank, then use Data|Validation to color the cell near it. gudencough wrote: > > I have a list of numbers in column A. Some are formated in 'red' color and > the others are 'black'. How do ...

Outlook 2000
I am running Win2K with Office2K SR3. When I click on "customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. It has worked in the past. I tried "Detect and Repair" which said it repaired everything, but still nothing happens when I click "Customize Outlook Today." I am using the "winter" layout. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Next time, search the archives using google.groups.com, you will find several thousand of the ...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Worksheets 02-23-10
Could you possibly have a solution for me. My information is downloaded into excel. When it does it gives the workbook a number as the name of the worksheet. I run a macro and that's no problem, but I wanting to use an additional macro that will add additional worksheets and do other calculations. When I try to add the additional worksheets or reference the numbered worksheet, it won't do it because of the unique number is assigns each time I download the report. Donna Hauff If your running the code with that workbook activated and the single worksheet as the active...