Customization of DropDownList Control

Hi,

i am developing a control similar to CRM DropDownList Control. I need
following features in my control:-

1) OnMouseOver to Dropdownlist button the cursor goes to hand style
rather than default.
2) Secondly, i would like to develop an Item text Editable property

i need some guidance regarding the issue i am facing.

a) Whether i inherit my custom class from Dropdownlist or something
else (ListControl). As i need to access OnMouseOver event for the
Drowdownlist button.

Thanks in Advance.

Ayaz Ahmad
SSD

0
Ayaz
10/4/2005 9:45:20 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ayaz,

You will not be able to add your control to crm. Crm only accepts the
default controls which are built in into the customization tools part of the
application. This means that you will have to use the default DropDownList
control.
You can add some javascript coding to make this control act a bit different
then the default one.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands
"Ayaz Ahmad" wrote:

> Hi,
>

> i am developing a control similar to CRM DropDownList Control. I need
> following features in my control:-
>

> 1) OnMouseOver to Dropdownlist button the cursor goes to hand style
> rather than default.
> 2) Secondly, i would like to develop an Item text Editable property
>

> i need some guidance regarding the issue i am facing.
>

> a) Whether i inherit my custom class from Dropdownlist or something
> else (ListControl). As i need to access OnMouseOver event for the
> Drowdownlist button.
>

> Thanks in Advance.
>

> Ayaz Ahmad
> SSD

how can i use java script to display cursor as hand in default
dropdownlist.

And how can i make my dropdownlist Item Editable through javascript.

is it possible as i am new to ASp.NET and Javascript.

Regards,

Ayaz
SSD

0
Ayaz
10/5/2005 6:06:04 PM
Ayaz,

I cant help you with the exact codes, but what you can do is modify the aspx
files (for contacts: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/SFA/conts/edit.aspx). In the end of
the file you can add javascript code. You might want to ask on a javascript
forum for help on javascript.

Making the picklist editable is not possible. I think it will not be
possible with javascript either. At least it will be extremely hard.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands
The changes like these are not support

"Ayaz Ahmad" wrote:

> how can i use java script to display cursor as hand in default
> dropdownlist.
>
> And how can i make my dropdownlist Item Editable through javascript.
>
> is it possible as i am new to ASp.NET and Javascript.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ayaz
> SSD

Thanks for your instant response.

But i think you misunderstand me. i am developing my ASPX page and i want to
use my controls that look like CRM controls. I am not using CRM controls as
MS dont recommend them to use in your application/pages.

i am basically developing a control that looks like CRM dropdownlist. and i
have a plan to use these custom controls in my application , not in CRM.

Regards,

Ayaz

"Ronald Lemmen" wrote:

> Ayaz,
>
> I cant help you with the exact codes, but what you can do is modify the aspx
> files (for contacts: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/SFA/conts/edit.aspx). In the end of
> the file you can add javascript code. You might want to ask on a javascript
> forum for help on javascript.
>
> Making the picklist editable is not possible. I think it will not be
> possible with javascript either. At least it will be extremely hard.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ronald Lemmen
> Avanade Netherlands
> The changes like these are not support
>
> "Ayaz Ahmad" wrote:
>
> > how can i use java script to display cursor as hand in default
> > dropdownlist.
> >
> > And how can i make my dropdownlist Item Editable through javascript.
> >
> > is it possible as i am new to ASp.NET and Javascript.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ayaz
> > SSD

Hi Ayaz,

Indeed I misunderstood you.
I have been checking around and it appears to be NOT possible to add an
"style=cursor:hand" to a select box. You will need to create your own
picklists based on tables. Take a look at the html code that crm produces for
how to get that.

You might want to look for a javascript newsgroup to find somebody who can
help you further with those javascript codes.

Hope this helps,

Ronald Lemmen
Avanade Netherlands

"Ayaz Ahmad" wrote:

> Thanks for your instant response.
>
> But i think you misunderstand me. i am developing my ASPX page and i want to
> use my controls that look like CRM controls. I am not using CRM controls as
> MS dont recommend them to use in your application/pages.
>
> i am basically developing a control that looks like CRM dropdownlist. and i
> have a plan to use these custom controls in my application , not in CRM.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ayaz
>
> "Ronald Lemmen" wrote:
>
> > Ayaz,
> >
> > I cant help you with the exact codes, but what you can do is modify the aspx
> > files (for contacts: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/SFA/conts/edit.aspx). In the end of
> > the file you can add javascript code. You might want to ask on a javascript
> > forum for help on javascript.
> >
> > Making the picklist editable is not possible. I think it will not be
> > possible with javascript either. At least it will be extremely hard.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Ronald Lemmen
> > Avanade Netherlands
> > The changes like these are not support
> >
> > "Ayaz Ahmad" wrote:
> >
> > > how can i use java script to display cursor as hand in default
> > > dropdownlist.
> > >
> > > And how can i make my dropdownlist Item Editable through javascript.
> > >
> > > is it possible as i am new to ASp.NET and Javascript.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ayaz
> > > SSD

Pass name of control to a form
How do I pass the name of a control on Form_A to Form_B? For example: I have a hidden control in Form_A named ControlA1_ID, I want to pass the name of that control to Form_B. Then when Form_B closes, I want to place a value, say from Form_B.ControlB_ID, into Form_A.ControlA1_ID. How do I reference the control name? Forms!Form_A.ControlA1_ID.Name? So that I can assign it to a variable for use with OpenArgs. -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, Arizona Emma You may not need to "pass" anything. Take a look at Access HELP for "expressions". You can refer to a control on a f...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

AfterUpdate event not firing when control is updated via code
I have a text box control on a form which is normally updated by the user. However, there are instances where a generic code is used in this field, and I have a button on the form that the user clicks to populate that control with the generic code. My problem is I have code in that text box control's AfterUpdate event that does not fire when the text box is updated by the command button's code. This is the underlying code of the command button (it pops up a form which updates the field in the main form... this is the code from that second form): Private Sub Command24_Click() D...

SHIFT / CONTROL Key Held?
How can I interpret whether a ALT, SHIFT or CONTROL key is being pressed? I have a function, and while it is running, I would like to interpret whether Alt, R/L shift or R/L control is being held at a given instant... depending on one of the state of the keyboard, the code branches in different direction? I am trying to implement functionality similar to, i.e., Adobe Illustrator, that when Shift-picking, lines, etc ,are constrained to 45deg angles, or when alt drawing an ELLIPSE, you can draw a perfect circile .. i.e, but if you release the key, the constraint is gone... however, I may only...

CFileDialog customization #2
I have my own class I have derived from CFileDialog and I want to filter the "Look In" combo box so it only contains the folders I want the user to be able to navigate to. I can easily gain access to the CComboBox but I'm having difficulties filtering the contents. I can't really go from the text of the item, because I really need the full path. There is a trick with the list control of the file dialog in that each item display has its PIDL stored in the lParam of the list item. I was hoping there would be a similar trick to the items in the combobox. I can do a GetItemD...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

How to let a CStatic control accept WM_CHAR ?
Since the CStatic control fully covers my main window, it's the only one which can get focus. While I need to handle WM_CHAR in its parent/main window, I just found that the static cannot get the WM_CHAR message. Is there a way to do what I want? Thanks guys. Maybe you could show some code to explain more. I can't figure out why a static would want to get a WM_CHAR message. Are you trying to get this in other controls on top of this one? How or what are you using the CStatic for? Tom "Meal" <meedeex@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4033eb4f-52ae-4b84-b983-22c8...

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

HQ Global customers
Hi We have come across a problem where the last visit on the purchase history tab in the global customers option at headquarters and also in store operations manager local customers is not being updated. Our customer is using version 1.2.180. I have also tested this on my system using version 1.2.184. Please can you investigate this. I will look forward to your response. Thanks Guppy Bassi Have you ever send Worksheet 401 to each store? you must manually set worksheet 401 before global customer's transaction is updated to HQ "Guppy" wrote: > Hi > > We hav...

Customization 05-10-04
Hi, As mentioned in my previous post,I'm new to MS-CRM and tried to implement the example of reating a business unit but am not able to get it going.I've not cut and paste the code,I've changed the server address and other relavant places.But still unsuccessful in executing it. Can someone help me out in this?Is there any particular way to execute this program?I'm creating a new ASP.Net application and writing this code and executing it.Is this right or is there something else I should be doing. Suggestions or help appreciated. Regards, ...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

Control Windows 2003 CPU usage
Hi, Is there anyway to allocate CPU's to different apps? We have a Dell server with 2 Quad core CPU's, we want to give 1 Quad core (4 CPU's/cores) to one app and the rest to the server? Maybe the Windows System Resource Manager can help? http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/wsrm/default.mspx Best, Dajo Whiteford wrote: > Hi, > > Is there anyway to allocate CPU's to different apps? We have a Dell > server with 2 Quad core CPU's, we want to give 1 Quad core (4 > CPU's/cores) to one app and the re...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

MemDC & Scroll Control with Mouse Wheel
Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering issue, now I am having this scrolling issue for using the middle wheel mouse button. What could be wrong? Thanks. On 12 Aug 2005 06:53:36 -0700, guxu@hotmail.com wrote: >Ever since I changed to use MemDC, using the mouse wheel made my >CSrollView a complete mess. The wheel mouse control was working fine >with my flickering version. Then I used MemDC to get rid of flickering &g...

Enable/Disable a Form Control Based on Security Group Permissions
How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user’s security group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a form (call it box1), I want box1 to be enabled if the user who opened Access is a member of a security group called “Breaker Test Admin.” For members of any other group (except of course “Admins”), box1 should be disabled. Thank you, for your help! On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:57:13 GMT, "BenS" <u35527@uwe> wrote: >How do I enable or disable a control in a form based on a user�s security >group membership? For example: If I have a checkbox on a ...

Advanced Find : Customer & Parent Customer
When we create a Case, we set the "Customer" attribute to an Account or a Contact (where the 'parent customer' is defined). Is it possible to do an Advanced Find that will find all Cases that are tied back to the Account? I can easily create one search where the Customer = Account. I can do another search where the Customer = Parent Account. What I can't seem to perform is an advanced find where I find all Cases that are associated with a specific Account (I can't use the AND or the OR statements in the search since these are two difference entities). I ...

Customized Holds
Am I am able to create custom Sales Process Holds based on certain conditions? For example, I want to create a hold called Credit Card Hold which will put any customers with a credit card payment term automatically on hold to force customer service to run the card before the order is processed (sometimes they forget to run the card and the order goes through without payment). I don't want this to be a regular Credit Hold because I want the customer service rep to be able to take the order off hold themselves - I do not want to give the reps the password for the Credit Hold because I...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

how do i build user defined toolbar and custom button in xl07
i have a number of custom toolbars for my own macro buttons in excel 2003. how can i transfer these to excel 2007, or build then from srratch. i need to make custom buttons for delineation of the different uses. -- jwm You can customise the quick access toolbar - it defaults to the top left - move it to below the ribbon if you like. Click the down arrow - more commands - down arrow to show menu in chose commands from - default is popular commands - select macros - that should show you what you can select and add to your toolbar "velvetlady" wrote: > i have a number of c...