Customise field to show as % or round up the numbers

Hi,
I am trying to add a new field / attribute to CRM quote entity.  This field
will be showing the profit margin on the quote form.  Is there anyway for me
to format the field, so it will appear as %?  And if it is all possible for
the calculation to round up to the next number?
Ta!
Sindy

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There's no default format option to do that, so you would have to use
the OnLoad and OnChange javascript events to format and round up your
field.

HTH,

--
Jeffry van de Vuurst
CWR Mobility

SW wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to add a new field / attribute to CRM quote entity.  This field
> will be showing the profit margin on the quote form.  Is there anyway for me
> to format the field, so it will appear as %?  And if it is all possible for
> the calculation to round up to the next number?
> Ta!
> Sindy

0
Jeffry
5/17/2006 12:54:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  As I am not a programmer and I have never done
programming before... can you give me a step by step example as how to do it?
 For example: I want to round the anything above 0.005 to 0.01 or 0.016 to
0.02, etc.

Many thanks!
Sindy

"Jeffry van de Vuurst" wrote:

> There's no default format option to do that, so you would have to use
> the OnLoad and OnChange javascript events to format and round up your
> field.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Jeffry van de Vuurst
> CWR Mobility
> www.cwrmobility.com
> --
>
> SW wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to add a new field / attribute to CRM quote entity.  This field
> > will be showing the profit margin on the quote form.  Is there anyway for me
> > to format the field, so it will appear as %?  And if it is all possible for
> > the calculation to round up to the next number?
> > Ta!
> > Sindy

filling a control in a continuous form with a field from a table
I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and responded. Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question: Original Question: I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. Response Received: Your combo box to select the at...

numbers are not numbers in excel xp
I m sure this is obvious question, but I have been fighting long enough. On excel xp, after choosing a group of cells, columns, or rows then Format~Cells~category~NUMBER. then each number added to each cell, it says number in cell is formatted as text, bla bla and I need to click 2 times to convert it. Each and every number that I enter in a cell needs me to do this before I can do my math. Pre xp, it was not like this. Why and how can I really truly set a group of cells to number? Tks, paul Just formatting the cells as Numbers (or currency or General or anything else) won't ch...

Can I put merge fields in Word Art?
Is it possible to place a merge field so it displays as word art? Or, is there an alternate way to get text to autofit an entire space? When you do a merge you can change the text to any size or color you want. What version Publisher do you have? In step 5 of the Mail and Catalog wizard you can change your merge to a Publication and adjust. You can create a WordArt and use it as part of your merge document. If you have Publisher 2003 read the help about catalog merge... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Judico&...

How to convert numbers with comma decimal sepatators?
I have received a spreadsheet from Germany which has commas instead of fullstops as the decimal separator. Is it possible to convert these to standard fullstop separators? Thank you & Regards Ian Bull Hi Ian Excel should take care of this herself, using whatever separator defined in Wondows' controlpanel. So I guess the real and graver problem is that the numbers aren't values, just plain text, which is unsuitable for calculations. But try a Replace (edit menu) on a few cells and see if they convert. Maybe they do. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup...

Messenger show me as offline and I cant unistall program
Hi, My Live Messenger 2009 keeps showing me as offline by default even though I set system to online. First I tried to repair all stuff in Windows Live Essential via unistall/repair. That did not help. Then I tried to unistall Live messenger via "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 1.0" The result: Live messenger do no longer show up in my list of programs on my computer, but it still there and its working, but it still shows me as offline. Now I cant uninstall via ex. traditional "--> contral panel --> unistall since" program do not show up any mo...

Select criteria based on the field name the user selects
Hi all, I am facing with aproblem where in i have a small access db with forms and reports now i want to change or set the where condition of a query based on the value the user selects from the form through a combo box. For ex:- if user is selecting Invoice_date then the where condition should search based on invoice date if the user selects any other field the querys where condition should search based on that particular field.Can any one help me in getting a solution for this. I have a sample database that shows how you can use various controls to set the filter of a query that i...

How to change number of decimal places on an exsiting item unit pr
The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places. We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places. When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places" The audit reported generated report s the following message. "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated. "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated." Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem? Thanks GO As indicated by the error message, you cannot have any unposted inventory transactions or open purchase or...

Actuals entered in project file does not show in PWA
Hi, when actuals are entered in MS Project 2003 using the Task usage view, they do not appear in PWA. So a resource enters new actuals using PWA, all actuals previously entered from MS Project are deleted. Is there a way to have previously entered actuals with MSP shown in PWA? Thanks! Are you publishing the changes after they've been entered in MS Project? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, when actuals are entered in MS Project 2003 using the Task usage > view, they do not appear in PWA. So a resource enters new actuals > us...

Outbox shows empty, but still sending the message
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002. When looking at the folder listing, the outbox show 2 e-mails still to send. When you look at the folder, it states there are no e-mails to view and is empty. How do you fix this??? I also have verified that it is not a worm. It is an e- mail with a picture attachment. Any help is appreciated. ...

Needs to show the different company address in SOP
Hi, On top left side of the SOP invoice, there lists company primary address information which is controlled through company address setup. Now we had a separate showroom sales in different locations. How can I show a different company address when the sales is done through that location. We have to show different company address from these two locations. My first thought is through the site setup where I can enter different address for each site. But I think I have to modify the report writer, which I am not good at. So is there any alternative way to do that? ...

Send/Receive status no longer shows at bottom of screen
In the past week, two things on my Outlook 2003 changed and I don't know why. The 2nd thing that changed is that until this week, when I clicked "Send/Receive" there would be a single line at the bottom of the screen that showed the status ie) "2 of 8 messages complete 25% " This week, that is no longer there and I prefer that much better than the big window in the middle of the screen that can be opened thru the Tools menu. -- Thanks. RB "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1718E0F0-0A87-40B1-863B-66331EA22F47@microsoft....

converting formula values into just numbers?
I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values returned from a formula. Instead of say.....1,3,5,8, etc. the macro sees the corresponding formula when referred to these cells and can't work with it. How can I return just straight numbers from the formula calculations? Thanks One way: Dim myValue As Double myValue = Range("A1").Value In article <OPPdt4k0DHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "DNunley" <dnunley@earthlink.net> wrote: > I need to manipulate with a macro, as absolute numbers, the numerical values > re...

How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions
How do I run a query that displays field names and not captions The simplest solution would be to open the table in design view, and clear the Caption property for your fields. If that doesn't work, you could alias the fields in the query. For example if you have FirstName showing as First Name (with a space), and you want it to actually show as FirstName, switch the query to SQL View (View menu), and change the SQL statement from: SELECT Table1.FirstName, ... to: SELECT Table1.FirstName AS FirstName, ... -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for A...

Handle Duplicate Primary Key Field at Time of Entry Instead of at Form Update
Note: This was originally posted at the queries group by mistake ...... Hi Folks - Currently, I am using the Error Event of my form to capture duplicate key entry. However, this is not invoked until the form updates. Is there a way to check for a duplicate after the user tabs out of the primary key field? Thanks. -- Michael "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in news:uScYzaNHIHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > Michael > > The Primary Key of a table is used to ensure each row/record is > unique. How is it that you are allowing your users to "crea...

What is the SystemUserBase
We've got 3 crm environments all with their own domains - live, test and dev. I'm investigating why we cant add users from our main(live) domain to the dev environment, and can't edit existing users from the live domain on the dev domain I've noticed a field on the SystemUserBase table called ActiveDirectoryGUID. My first impression was that it was the id of the relevant AD account, however the live guid for my crm account is different from the ActiveDirectoryGUID on my test crm account, and both records work fine. Whereas the ActiveDirectoryGUID on dev (which has problems) is ...

CRM 1.2 8000bytes limit problem, how to remove old fields?
Hi all, I run into the problem of the 8000bytes limit. There are some old customfields that I could remove (loss of data is ok). Now I heared, there's a way of doing it directly on the database, could anybody explain it to me? There's still no way to do it with the customization-tools, right? Thank you all! Peter Widmer scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com. I seem to remember a few posts talking aobut doing this but it was a long time ago ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Peter Widmer"...

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

Outlook Tools Tab Not Showing 'Accounts'
I am using the Outlook 2000 version on my PC. Initially I had an issue with a corrupted PST file, probably becuase it got too big. I purchased a program to recover it (since Microsoft file repair didn't work) but that program couldn't get the pst to save correctly since Outlook kept starting invisibly in the background. So I thought... I'll uninstall Outlook while the PST recovery program runs, save the recovered PST and then re-enable Outlook afterwards. No dice. Outlook had to be enabled on the PC for the recovery program to save. I proceeded to re-enable/...

Custom Number Formats
Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and limitations of Custom Number formats? I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word format inside of Excel. So far I've been unsuccessful. tj How about "About custom number formats" in XL Help? In article <153F3092-E5EB-489D-B568-A63C7BA41130@microsoft.com>, "tjtjjtjt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a good resource for looking up the capabilities and > limitations of Custom Number formats? > I'm trying to recreate a convoluted Word fo...

number of days in a month
Hi Is it possible to create a formula that would automayically insert the number of days in the current or previous month. At present I am having to manually insert the number into the formula, an axample below, month is where I want the number inserting: =SUM(D61*37.5)/7.5*month For the current month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),0)) For the previous month: =DAY(EOMONTH(NOW(),-1)) These require the Analysis ToolPak add-in be installed. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1897BE99-1EDC-4B54-ACEA-95D43B68CE66@micr...

auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction
auto assign lot number /serial number in inventory transaction like in Sales order processing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=63d06705-21f8-45b3-a2e9-a64c2b...

Customising toolbars and menus in a secure database
Hi, I have a secured database and four users. Is it possible to restrict the toolbars and menus for the users, but allow full menus and toolbars for the administrator? I want to be able to stop the users from being able to view anything but the front-end forms and reports and menus to export, print, save, close etc. But still maintain full menus when I have to do some 'behind-the-scenes' work. Thanks ...

Records showing SYSTEM instead of User
I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have assigned the E-mail to a contact record .The E-mail is tracked in CRM. However in the history page of the Contact recors the Created by field shows SYSTEM instead of User name.please Help. This is normal behavior currently. For the user that promoted the email, you can look at the "Owner" not the Created By. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "kunal kapoor" wrote: > I have sent an E-mail to one user from another using Outlook . I have > assign...

Transfer data in an other text box field on a condition
Hi folks, I have a field on my report that show me a sum of "cartons to received" for each truck appointed. now I want to transfer that sum of "cartons to received" into another text box if the cartons are received. Anyone have an idea, how can I do this? If you need additional details, let me know. Thanking you in advance for your support Fred's ...

Checking values in different fields.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I currently have a table with stock levels and a re-order level. When the stock level gets below the re-order level I then contact the supplier and order new stock. I was wanting to create a query that checks the values of these two fields and then shows me all the records that need re-ordering. I however, don't know how to compare the values of two fields. Could anyone give me a hand? Many thanks. On Wed, 9 May 2007 15:35:01 -0700, rednikcam wrote: > Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something....