Customisation CRM 1.2

We have CRM system installed, fully operational and
working. I created and configure a queue user for
receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to
setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back
response back to customer with unique number. I know that
I can assign the number by modifying web-server script,
but may be there is some other way to do it?

Best regards,

Aleksey

0
Alex
3/9/2005 7:25:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to achieve
what you need.

Renatas.

"Alex" wrote:

> We have CRM system installed, fully operational and
> working. I created and configure a queue user for
> receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to
> setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back
> response back to customer with unique number. I know that
> I can assign the number by modifying web-server script,
> but may be there is some other way to do it?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Aleksey

------=_NextPart_000_0152_01C52480.D4DB68D0

This is an exchange function...  you can set this up in MS Exchange ...  =
or  you could create a Workflow Rule

--=20
LeVar Berry
CEO
eDriven Enterprises Inc
513.403.1210

  "Renatas" <Renatas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to =
achieve=20
  what you need.

  Renatas.

  "Alex" wrote:

  > We have CRM system installed, fully operational and=20
  > working. I created and configure a queue user for=20
  > receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to=20
  > setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back=20
  > response back to customer with unique number. I know that=20
  > I can assign the number by modifying web-server script,=20
  > but may be there is some other way to do it?
  >=20
  > Best regards,
  >=20
  > Aleksey
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0152_01C52480.D4DB68D0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This is an exchange function...&nbsp; you can set =
this up in=20
MS Exchange ...&nbsp; or&nbsp; you could create a Workflow =
Rule</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>LeVar Berry<BR>CEO<BR>eDriven Enterprises=20
Inc<BR>513.403.1210<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Renatas" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Renatas@discussions.microsoft.com">Renatas@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0B13401C-DDF9-41A5-81DB-54EC73B057EC@microsoft.com">news:0B1=
3401C-DDF9-41A5-81DB-54EC73B057EC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to =
achieve=20
  <BR>what you need.<BR><BR>Renatas.<BR><BR>"Alex" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; We =
have=20
  CRM system installed, fully operational and <BR>&gt; working. I =
created and=20
  configure a queue user for <BR>&gt; receiving support e-mails. But is =
it any=20
  possibility to <BR>&gt; setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will =
send=20
  back <BR>&gt; response back to customer with unique number. I know =
that=20
  <BR>&gt; I can assign the number by modifying web-server script, =
<BR>&gt; but=20
  may be there is some other way to do it?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Best=20
  regards,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Aleksey<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0152_01C52480.D4DB68D0--

0
LeVar

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C524AB.F3B5E980

Also, take a look at c360's EmailToCase, which includes an auto response
at www.c360.com=20

Peter Lynch

    "Alex" wrote:

    > We have CRM system installed, fully operational and=20
    > working. I created and configure a queue user for=20
    > receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to=20
    > setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back=20
    > response back to customer with unique number. I know that=20
    > I can assign the number by modifying web-server script,=20
    > but may be there is some other way to do it?
    >=20
    > Best regards,
    >=20
    > Aleksey
    >=20

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C524AB.F3B5E980

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, take a look at c360's =
EmailToCase, which=20
includes an auto response</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>at <A =
href=3D"http://www.c360.com">www.c360.com</A>=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Peter Lynch</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"LeVar Bery" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:levar@edrivensolutions.com">levar@edrivensolutions.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23vnx%23lKJFHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl">news:%23vnx%23lKJ=
FHA.2396@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:0B13401C-DDF9-41A5-81DB-54EC73B057EC@microsoft.com">news:0B1=
3401C-DDF9-41A5-81DB-54EC73B057EC@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
    guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to =
achieve=20
    <BR>what you need.<BR><BR>Renatas.<BR><BR>"Alex" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; =
We have=20
    CRM system installed, fully operational and <BR>&gt; working. I =
created and=20
    configure a queue user for <BR>&gt; receiving support e-mails. But =
is it any=20
    possibility to <BR>&gt; setup some kind of auto-responder, so it =
will send=20
    back <BR>&gt; response back to customer with unique number. I know =
that=20
    <BR>&gt; I can assign the number by modifying web-server script, =
<BR>&gt;=20
    but may be there is some other way to do it?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Best=20
    regards,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Aleksey<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002E_01C524AB.F3B5E980--

0
Peter
3/9/2005 1:28:59 PM
email represented by the activity object. You cannot create workflow rule for
activity objects.

Best regards.
Renatas.

"LeVar Bery" wrote:

> This is an exchange function...  you can set this up in MS Exchange ...  or  you could create a Workflow Rule
>
> --
> LeVar Berry
> CEO
> eDriven Enterprises Inc
> 513.403.1210
>
>   "Renatas" <Renatas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B13401C-DDF9-41A5-81DB-54EC73B057EC@microsoft.com...
>   I guess, CRM post-callouts is the one of the supported options to achieve
>   what you need.
>
>   Renatas.
>
>   "Alex" wrote:
>
>   > We have CRM system installed, fully operational and
>   > working. I created and configure a queue user for
>   > receiving support e-mails. But is it any possibility to
>   > setup some kind of auto-responder, so it will send back
>   > response back to customer with unique number. I know that
>   > I can assign the number by modifying web-server script,
>   > but may be there is some other way to do it?
>   >
>   > Best regards,
>   >
>   > Aleksey
>   >
>   >
You have 2 options

1. Create a windows service. Use a timer and monitor the database fo
new emails that come into the QueueItemBase table in the cr
database. (check the CreatedOn or ModifiedOn fields for the info).
Cross reference the ObjectId in the QueueItemBase with the ActivityI
in the ActivityBase table.
Generate an email response and send it off.... (I know sounds ver
simple).  :wink:

2. Alternatively you can purchase a c360 component that does it fo
you (including converting the email to a case and attaching the emai
to the case) http://c360.com. We are a company with over 100 cr
users, so the small costs for each license unfortunately adds up t
too much for us (cheaper to develop in house....)  :(

I hope this helps

Ala

0
alantoogood

2 Locations (exchange mode)
SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, POP3 stop. I'd like branch office accessing Exchange 2003 by exchange mode also, not POP3. Can I setup a VPN line and run the above module over the VPN line? Thanks for answering Yes you can. Another option would be to use RPC over HTTP(s) this would mean you do not need a VPN connection. Nue "Smith" <Smith@Micro> wrote in message news:%23vKHe$1mGHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > SBS2k3, Exchange 2k3, Outook2k3 > > I am in HQ, using exchange2003, only SMTP service open, ...

Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions? #2
Hello, Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after e.g. 1 second). Thank you very much for your time. Student P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it indirectly? ...

Displaying Yes/No as Yes or No instead of -1 and 0 05-25-10
Hi, this should be simple but it's still giving me trouble. I have a drop-down combobox that is referencing a table with two columns, like this: 0 No 1 Yes The column count is 2 and the column widths are 0";1" but the drop- down displays 0 and -1. I know that this is how Access stores yes/no, but can't I get it to store 0 and 1 instead and display the words instead of the numbers? Thanks for the help! Are you saying you have a two-record table as the Row Source of the combo box? If so, what are the data types of the two fields? To what type of field i...

Conditional formating #2
Hi, I've worked out how to do conditional formating when "x<y go red" but how do you get "if x<y then display y" We are having a problem with stats going over 100% so what I want is that if it calulates over 100% then to only display 100% and not the correct figure. Thanks Stephen Stephen I assume you have a row of numbers, say B1:J1, that should total 100% when aggregated but you are encountering rounding differences when the total is calculated in, say, cell K1 If its just a presentation issue, then select the Column K, select "Format>Cells>N...

Sell cvv + dumps + track1/2 + bank login + do transfer...all country !
Hello, i'm seller and i need buyer vip for work together My age 25 From Viet Nam YH: need_buyer_vip Email: need_buyer_vip******.com *** i'm seller ccv..dumps..track 1/2..acc paypal..do transfer..ship..all country*** ----------- List cc i have (100% Good and cheap ) ---------- - COuntry : US + UK + AU + CA + EU ( fr, ger, ita , ireland, spain...more....) + .....more...( contact me to know more ).......... -Type : visa / master / amex / disco / with bin / with dob / with ssn / fullz / - If you buy bulk i will discount for you and i will change if c...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for #2
Hello, We have a customer running Exchange 2003 on win 2003 server. windows domain name ATG.internal. We have 4 different Email domains registered in internet DNS all users have an email address @abilityemployment.com.au some users also have @nwes.com.au some users also have @northwestcontractors.com.au some users also have @abilitylifeskills.com.au This used to work fine and people received their mail which ever of their addresses it was sent to. now Suddenly only @abilityemployment.com.au mail is received and all mail to the other domains is rejected, and the sender receives a message...

table based i one field splitted in 2 fields
Hi everyone, I have a txt file with product EAN and label quantity to print. 3564700010822 2 3564700010983 5 3564700422687 10 I have a form to print label quantity. What i pretend is "convert" the table in a 2 fields table or query like: ProductCode |Quantity 3564700010822|2 3564700010983|5 3564700422687|10 Any help is apreciated. -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:27:01 -0700, Emanuel Violante <EmanuelViolante@discussions.microsoft.com>...

CRM WorkFlow 07-23-04
Hi Friends... When I execute a rule of workflow that calls a posturl, and this page needs to validate the user to execute an action (create account), generates an error of authentication. What user uses the CRM to execute the services of Workflow? CRM->Workflows "use userlogin" I think that Workflow (Windows Service)->xx.ASPX use systemuser. Is it like that? Thanx in advance This workflow is executed by a user from the CRM. I send 2 xx.aspx with opportunity guid and account guid. >-----Original Message----- >Greg, >Is this workflow being initiated by code or...

Updating data in MS CRM from other places
Hi all We use relationships extensively but find that when using Advanced Find we can't define the joins necessary to create the set of Contacts required for a marketing list. (I think it would be good if I could save an Advanced Find, and then be able to use that within another Advanced Find - like a sub-query - but that's another matter). Anyway, as a quick solution, I have used queries in MS Access to identify the list of Contacts required. I have customised, adding a new field to the Contact table, and want to be able to set this field from in MS Access on those Contact ro...

2-Column Layout with auto text flow?
I would like to have a worksheet that has a 2-column "newspaper" format, where text flows off the bottom of the first column to the top of the second column. Is this possible using Excel2000? As a very last resort, I'll use a macro to split the text and put it into different cells. But this is messy and not very accurate. My wish is to somehow link cells together and have the text flow between them, or use a control which will do this. Thanks! -- Matt Kruse http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com why dont you use Word? "Matt Kruse" <newsgroups@mattkruse.com> wr...

SQL Server 2008 and CRM 4.0
Quick question, Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there any plans to do so? Ignore this, I just found the new Implementation Guide which includes SQL Server 2008 support details. "Andy" wrote: > Quick question, > > Is CRM4.0 supported using SQL 2008 as the backend database? If not is there > any plans to do so? ...

CRM 1.2 Licensing
hi all, i got MSDN Universal subscripton. Now i'm having MSCRM 1.0. which i wantt to upgrade to 1.2. my problem is that how should i get the license for the 1.2 . In the website i could see link for partrners only how should i get the licencing done for CRM 1.2 Thanks in advance Jack Jack If you have bought crm then you can request a license from the company who sold you crm. Can you tell me whether you are running a full crm license or an msdn one? "Jack" <jack@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e1M3dYG0DHA.536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi all, > i go...

Combo boxes #2
How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? TIA "Golum256" <Golum256@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD09B86D-C9C0-491B-A342-47B158EB23F3@microsoft.com... > How do I get auto-completion into my combo box?? > > Is this just a setting for the comob or do I have to code it. > If I have to code it, could some one guide me on the functions to over-load? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libra...

Synchronising Money 2005 between 2 PCs
Hi, I know that Money uses ActiveSync to sync Money between a handheld and a PC. My question is, Is there such a thing as synching between 2 PCs? I would like to sync the money on my laptop and my desktop. I want to use it this way since i only have my laptop when i am on the move and my partner at home uses the desktop to track our expenses. I would like to keep all our expenses centralized to one file. ...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

Group email #2
Hello, I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem is everyone in the group gets everyone elses email addresses. How do you send without giving the whole group's email addresses? This is not for spam, just my wife's mailing list. Send it to yourself with a bcc to the group. -- Carlos "chas638" <chas638@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D71E-934D-4C88-83E6-4CF8C1CC1E75@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem > is everyone in the group gets ever...

Mailbox Size discrepancy #2
Hi, I have an issue with the size of a mailbox reported by outlook and exchange system manager. The environment is set up as such: Exchange 2003 SP1 Outlook 2003 SP1 Outlook in cached mode 100mb mailbox size limit The issue is that Outlook reports the mailbox as a size a lot less than reported in Exchange System manager eg 75mb in outlook but 125mb in exchange system manager. The user gets a warning about the mailbox size and starts deleting mail. They then check the size and it is less than the 100mb limit and yet they still keep getting the error message and are stopped from ...

V1.2
Hello all, I need to import customer from another data source into accounts in V1.2. In the import menu i see only the possibility to import leads or contacts, how can i do? there is a easy way to do this? Can I import my data into leads and bulk convert them into account? Thanks and regards. Diego There is no "bulk convert" function. You have a few choices. You can easily do this using Scribe or by writing a simple import process using the SDK. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diego Pianarosa" <d.pianarosa@globsys.it> wrote in message news:eTPkyb5F...

Exchange Migration #2
Hello everybody. I'm not a exchange expert so please try to help me on this one. We've migrated Exchange 5.5 to the 2003 version successfully. Exchange 5.5 was running on a NT (BDC) machine with the latest service pack and we're using Windows server 2003 for the new exchenge server. Everything is working fine until I disconnect the NT machine. I can receive emails from the outside, but not the same when i'm trying to send one. when i connect the the NT back, all the emails reached its destination!, whats is wrong with my servers?? any help will be appreciated. Thanks in adva...

how to copy row heights from 1 worksheet to another
In Excel, if I copy and paste information from one work sheet to another I can copy column widths by using Paste Special - how can I copy row heights? If you copy the whole row, you can paste special the format--which includes the rowheight (along with the rest of the cells, too. It might do more than you want. sadie wrote: > > In Excel, if I copy and paste information from one work sheet to another I > can copy column widths by using Paste Special - how can I copy row heights? -- Dave Peterson ...

Exchange Rule #2
I have well over 500 users on an Exchange 2003 environment. We have a spam filter in place and all spam that comes in is tagged with the word spam on the subject line. Is there a way to setup all clients so when they get an email that is tagged with spam, it would automatically be sent to the junk folder of Outlook? I know they can do it manually in Outlook but since we have over 500 users, this is not a feasible solution for us. Is there a way to configure Exchange to do this automatically? Why not just use IMF? "Ricky" <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Duplicate messages in INBOX #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on an XP professional machine. As of three days ago it now has duplicated each message inbound. How do I stop this carnage filling up my inbox. Thank you Scotty Do you have your AV set to scan incoming and outgoing mail? IF yes, turn it off. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, udontknow asked: | I have Outlook 2000 inst...

Page 1 Flashing; But Page 2 is OK
Someone just sent be a two-page-legal size brochure in Publiser 2003. I too use Publisher 2003. As I open it Page 1 begins FLASHING!! (refreshing) every 1/2 second.... when I click on tab 2 - it is OK, still as should be./// I tried clicking several things to stop the randon screen-updating (craziness) but no joy. What possibly could be happening and what can I do to fix? TIA, JMMay What happens if you select view, pictures, no or fast resize and zoom? How to troubleshoot video issues in Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907349/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.m...

Secondary lookup field in CRM 4.0
Hello all. I have a question regarding secondary lookup field within the form of the Opportunity entity on CRM 4.0 (upgraded from 3.0). To be able to display a secondary lookup (pointed to contacts), I have used a JScript (as well as two new attributes) on the form's onLoad event (pasted below). It worked fine on CRM 3.0 but after the upgrade to 4.0, the form doesn't report any JScript error but no lookup field is displayed - only the lookup icon is there and it doesn't respond to clicking. I haven't been able to find what parts of the JScript should be changed in order...

Publisher security #2
Can I password protect Publisher documents like Word documents so others on network can't open? Read-only will not help as I do not want people to be able to print or resave to their folders the documents that I create. Thanks. No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Betty_K" <Betty_K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFF1CF05-F97F-4CF1-A94C-F0E4982A3925@microsoft.com... > Can I password protect Publisher documents like Word documents so others on > network can't open? Re...