customerrelationship #2

Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these records
into CRM?(from Excel)

Because each contact can only be associated with 1 account/contact, so I
have to think if it is possible to migrate into customerrelationship(1
Contact->Multi Accounts)?

Thank you!
0
JimWang (12)
3/30/2007 3:58:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

you can use the Relationship Roles in Accounts

"Jim Wang" <JimWang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these
> records
> into CRM?(from Excel)
>
> Because each contact can only be associated with 1 account/contact, so I
> have to think if it is possible to migrate into customerrelationship(1
> Contact->Multi Accounts)?
>
> Thank you!

0
Benjamin
3/30/2007 4:40:15 PM
Thanks for your answer,
I know that I can use Relationship in Contact, but my question is: I got
lots of Contact data in Excel Sheet, so I'd like to migrate them into CRM.

The difficult thing is: each contact could has many associated accounts, so
I'm not sure if someone could provide a smart way to migrate those data.
Thank you!

Organization Forms #2
Unable to see the "Organization Forms" library in Outlook 2003. Anybody experience this ? I've created the folder below "EForms Registry" in ESM, checked permissions but the library does not show up. Enviroment: Exchange 2003, SP1,4-Node cluster, 3 Virtual Servers, Public Folder tree on 1 Virtual Server. Any help would be appreciated ! -Mike ...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...

I say use Account 1, but OL uses Account 2
OL 2003, SP2 I started experiencing a strange phenom a few days ago. I have OL set up with a number of different accounts. The default account we'll call Account 1. I noticed that when I send email to one particular person (at an AOL account, fwiw). my copy of the message (found in my Sent Items folder) shows it to have been sent from one of my other accounts (call it "Account 2"). Since noting that, I've been extremely careful to make sure I've even manually selected the sending account. Other symptoms: 1) The aol recipient is not receiving the messages (tho...

Recovery Storage Group error when trying to add database #2
Can you please tell me where I would make the change to the DN as described below? Hi, The problem is that in the distinguished name of the database there is a single parenthesis without its match. Examples of this would include: cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG1,cn=First Storage Group,.... cn=Mailbox Store 1 (SG2),cn=Second Storage Group (TestServer,cn=... If you add the closing parenthesis and force replication of the Active Directory the "Add Databases to Recover" dialog should work properly. The problem is the LDAP request that is sent to the Domain Controller to render ...

Email replies #2
Running OL 03, and would like to know if there is a way to automatically have set-up CC reply to's, without having to manually type in set contacts each time? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Running OL 03, and would like to know if there is a way to > automatically have set-up CC reply to's, without having to manually > type in set contacts each time? Check your sending rules. You'll see that there is one that will add Cc contacts automatically. It's "Cc the message to people or distribution list". -- Brian Tillma...

Font Color #2
When responding to an email, you have the option to mark your comments with your name or whatever. The comments font color always default to blue. Is there any way to change that default color without having to manually change it in the message? ...

Selective Out Of Office Reply #2
Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages depending on the sender No, use Wizard Rules to create a custom reply for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:O3QiWKMcEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages > depending on the sender > > ...

multiple images in list control #2
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

AR aging #2
1. Is it true that AR aging report with options will print amounts in correct bucket even if aging is not run. If I do not perform aging, will my historical aging report come out correctly. 2. For a company that does not charge finance charges and does not print statements, what is the advantage of running aging process? --Scott Scott, Yes, the ageing reports will age the accounts even if the Ageing process has not been run. The Ageing process will (1) update the ageing buckets in the customer card; (2) provide aged amounts for use in Cyrstal Reports or any other external reporting...

Inbound e-mail statistics for 2 domains under Exchange 5.5
Hi, I'm currently running an Exchange server with email being retreived using an ETRN. We retrieve email from 2 domains one of which feeds into the other. For some time the intention of our company has to be to retire the older of our two domain names and work using only one. Our problem is we need to to work out how much email we recieve through our older domain name compared to our newer one as we don't want to retire it prematurely and confuse our customers. Does anyone know a way of doing this inside Exchange or using other, hopefully free, tools? Our ISP is unable to help and ...

Formula for calculating Gross Profit with muktiple discounts #2
List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margin percentage. $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less $4.50 =$1.50. $1.50/6.00 = 25% GP. All of these figures are in cells of their own. Cannot get this to calculate correcly. Please help! Urgent CARM Wrote: > List Price less Disc1 less Disc2 equals Net Price. Sell price less net > price equal profit divided by sell price equal gross margi > percentage. > > $10 less 50% less 10% =$4.50. Sell for $12.50. $6.00 less > $4....

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! ...

Autoresponder #2
Hi everyone... I'd like to create an autoresponder called "whoami@company.com". When you send to this address, you would get a reply showing what your SMTP address is. Has anyone set up something like this in Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003? I know it can be done in UNIX with PERL scripts, but figured there must be some equivalent in Exchange. Thanks in advance! Dave ...

Combining DCOUNT with OR #2
That will work great for a small dataset, but the MasterDatabase that am referring to is tens of thousands of rows, and I have 15 responses The MasterDatabase is also a dataset that is being pulled from a Oracle database using Microsoft Query, so when I refresh the data, want this function to update itself automatically. I can't be copyin and pasting functions every time I do a refresh. I have defined thi dataset as MasterDatabase, and believe it is possible to accomplis what I am trying to do with the DCOUNT function. Here is a sample dataset again, defined as MasterDatabase, in A1:E...

lost email #2
Hello, on exchange 2003 sp2 I have made some error modifying the criteria adressee and not delivery more the mail in the cases of the customers, now I have replaced all to place, but where they are the email unloaded from the connector pop3 and not delivered? Thanks to all ...

MDAC 2.8
Is MDAC 2.8 synonymous with DAO.3.6? No. DAO (Data Access Objects) is a specific data access method, realistically specific to Jet databases (i.e. MDB or MDE files), although it can communicate with other DBMS as well. MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is a collection of data access methods that includes ADO (ActiveX Data Objects), Ole DB and ODBC (Open Database Connectivity). Starting with MDAC 2.5, MDAC doesn't even include drivers to work with Jet databases. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "jonefer" &l...

REstore #2
I wonder if you can help me, A couple of weeks ago I found how to restore the configuration to how it was at a previous date (you select the date,time, etc.). I need to do this again but can't remember or find how I did it! I hope you can help! You can get access to your system restore by going to Start, Then Accessories, then system tools to system restore. Hope this answers your question. >-----Original Message----- >I wonder if you can help me, > >A couple of weeks ago I found how to restore the >configuration to how it was at a previous date (you >sel...

SendKeys Macro to Comapct Database in Conversion 2.0 to Access 200
Hi All, I am trying to convert an Access 2.0 database to an Access 2003 database however I am having trouble converting a SendKey macro that in Access 2.0 compacts the database. I dont full understand how it is doing this. the macro is: SendKeys "c:\statement\database.mdb~c:\statement\temp.mdb~" DoMenuItems 4, 0, 2 I am not too sure what this is trying to do, but it ends uo comapcting the database in Access 2.0. Thanks for any help I'm not sure about those menu items in version 2, however you could do away with the macro entirely. In 2003 there is an option (Tools, Opti...

CRM 1.2 database, but no CRM Server, new AD, needing to be upgrade
We have the SQL database files from a 1.2 CRM installation. There isn't much data in it, but enough that we don't want to lose it. The client (on their own, btw) moved the data into a SQL 2005 environment on a new domain. Then they pretty much killed the old one, including their CRM 1.2 installation. They tried to apply the upgrade themselves, but it didn't work. Now we have to figure out a way to at least save the data and bring it into a 3.0 environment. It doesn't look like the redeployment tools will work, since the old server is no longer around. Any thoughts?...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable #2
Hello all, My Exchange 2003 has been up and running for some time now. A Tornado came thru and power lines were down. When Power came back, I restarted my system and started all the Exchange services except Pop3 and replication, the Exchange is being accessed thru OWA and when I try getting on the exchange thru OWA, I initially got my logon page. Somehow I had a link problem for about 5 minutes, and when my link came back up, I tried getting on my exchnge but the page gave me HTTP:/1.1 503 Service Unavailable. Can someone please tell me what the problem might be? Thanks -- An Avvid S...

Excel problem #2
When I start excel is wants to open all the files in the directory automatically. This is a big pain, is there anything I can do outside of removing Office 2000 and reinstalling? Thanks in advance Excel will open all the files in your XLStart folder and all the files specified in: Tools|Options|General Tab: "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002 wording> "Alternate Startup File location" <before xl2002 wording> Erase what you typed in there. (don't delete the files/folder--just the reference to it.) Sport wrote: > > When I start excel is...

Entourage 2008 (12.2.4 update) meeting invites
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I can't seem to send meeting invites from Entourage. I click on &quot;Invites&quot; and then enter an email address the &quot;send now&quot; button gets greyed out. Also, when an invite is received from Outlook the &quot;accept, decline and tentative&quot; buttons are greyed out as well. Right click option is the same too. We are using Exchange 2007 and any help would be appreciated... On 3/15/10 3:55 PM, Maunir@officeformac.com wrote: > I can't...

Copying one cell to muliple cells #2
Cell a1 is a date cell. Cells b1-b30 are date cells. What I am trying to do is every time that I enter a new date in Ai, I want it to go to a blank cell in b column and not over write the dates that are already there. A B 2/3/04 1/6/04 1/20/04 1/25/04 2/3/04 right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this>format col B as desired date >save. Now when you put a date in a1 such as 8/1, the last cell+1 in col b will get that date. Private Sub Worksheet_...

Please help #2
how do I restore the explorer on the left bottom of the window? ...