Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.

Hello CRM gurus,

I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified
the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to
the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times
(seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but
the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore.

It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work
without any problems. I have run out of  ideas as to why this is
occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at?

Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Shan

0
syong
2/5/2007 5:17:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Shan,

Are the URLs you added to the ISV.config pointing to a relative path or to
an absolute path?

"syong@cpstg.com" wrote:

> Hello CRM gurus,
>
> I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified
> the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to
> the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times
> (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but
> the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore.
>
> It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work
> without any problems. I have run out of  ideas as to why this is
> occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at?
>
> Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Shan

Hi Chad,

I believe the path is relative....
The setting in the isv.confg file looks like this:

<Button Title="Place Call" ToolTip="Place Call using Vertical
TeleVantage" Icon="/_imgs/tv_placecall.gif" Url="/CPSTVMSCRM.asp"
PassParams="1" WinParams="status=0; menubar=0; toolbar=0; height=1;
width=1; dialogHide=yes; top=9999; left=9999" WinMode="0" />

Can you see anything obviously wrong here?

Regards,

Shan

On Feb 6, 7:00 am, Chad Fulda <ChadFu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi Shan,
>
> Are the URLs you added to the ISV.config pointing to a relative path or to
> an absolute path?
>
> "s...@cpstg.com" wrote:
> > Hello CRM gurus,
>
> > I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified
> > the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to
> > the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times
> > (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but
> > the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore.
>
> > It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work
> > without any problems. I have run out of  ideas as to why this is
> > occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at?
>
> > Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.
>
> > Shan

0
ShanYong
2/5/2007 11:43:23 PM
It looks fine to me, but you may want to try using absolute paths just to see
if that helps at all.  In my experience with ISV integration, there tends to
be fewer problems when you specify the full address of the resource.

"ShanYong" wrote:

> Hi Chad,
>
> I believe the path is relative....
> The setting in the isv.confg file looks like this:
>
> <Button Title="Place Call" ToolTip="Place Call using Vertical
> TeleVantage" Icon="/_imgs/tv_placecall.gif" Url="/CPSTVMSCRM.asp"
> PassParams="1" WinParams="status=0; menubar=0; toolbar=0; height=1;
> width=1; dialogHide=yes; top=9999; left=9999" WinMode="0" />
>
> Can you see anything obviously wrong here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Shan
>

> On Feb 6, 7:00 am, Chad Fulda <ChadFu...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Shan,
> >
> > Are the URLs you added to the ISV.config pointing to a relative path or to
> > an absolute path?
> >
> > "s...@cpstg.com" wrote:
> > > Hello CRM gurus,
> >
> > > I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified
> > > the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to
> > > the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times
> > > (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but
> > > the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore.
> >
> > > It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work
> > > without any problems. I have run out of  ideas as to why this is
> > > occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at?
> >
> > > Any help on this problem will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > > Shan

Locking a Field in a Form in Form_Current()
I’m relatively new to Access coding and I’m running just beyond the limits of my knowledge. I’ve got a shared Access 97 database with a module that returns the wrong answer and/or locks the field that should not be locked. The form is loaded from another form with the conditions set so that it will display based on the Incident Number (incidentno). Right now, I’ve got a MsgBox that will tell me the condition of the CheckBox found in the DLookup when the form loads. I can’t check the condition of the checkbox from the form as it is in a different, password protected, form and not all users ha...

bar graph headings?
How do I set up bar graph titles and headings along both axis? Hi, Make the chart a dual axis chart. You can do this by selecting one of the series and choosing Format, Selected Data Series, Axis, and choosing Secondary axis. If you only have one series on your chart, highlight the series data in the spreadsheet and drag it to the chart a second time. The use the steps above for that series. (You can remove the second series from the legend by selecting it in the Legend and pressing Del.) You can also create the chart from scratch as a dual axis chart by going to the first step of...

Outlook 2002 and Norton Internet Security 'This is Spam' button
Whenever I click on the 'This is Spam' button that Norton Internet Security has placed on the tool bar of Outlook, Outlook reports a security message that an application is trying to access my address book. How do I allow Norton Internet Security to have unlimited access to my address book so that I do not have to keep selecting the allow access option? Thanks Check with Norton to see if you have the latest version of the software. Office XP SP3 causes this message to appear, and I understand Norton has adjusted their antivirus software to deal with it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MV...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Refreshing a field, not an entire form
Hello - I have a form with several required fields. I want to be able to refresh the data in one dropdown field on GotFocus, based on the data in another dropdown field. DD Field 1 is called categories Cat_ID Category 1 Accommodation 2 Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing 3 Animals and Pets DD Field 2 is called Sub-Categories CatID Sub Category 1 Bed and Breakfast 1 Camping and Caravans 1 Hostels the row source for the Sub-Categories field is: SELECT SubCategories.[Sub Category], SubCategories.CatID FROM Categories INNER JOIN SubCategories ON Categories.Cat_ID = SubCategories.CatID WHE...

Send data from one form to another
Hi All, I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally unrelated form. The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be done. -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.as...

Gantt bar durations are a day short
Pulliing my hair out over this one. I have a 700+ line schedule and somehow I've not only managed to loose the full critical path but more annoyingly the gannt bars now show durations a day shorted than they are entered - the actual start/finish dates are okay (as are depenedncies bewteen tasks). I.e. a one day task has a barely perceptiple duration in the gantt dar and a two day tasks shows a 1 day duration. Where there is a depenency, the dependency is illustrated as if there it is fs+1d. I have zoomed right in to show only days and reset the gantt wizard I don't know h...

using button to clear contents
I have finally found out how to add a button but now I am haveing a problem on having the button clear contents in certain cells does anyone know how to do this thanks for your help I do not know any codes for this I'll bet you could learn very quickly by using the macro recorder while you select some cells and edit>clear>contents. Here is a sample for a button from the Control Toolbox Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ActiveSheet.Range("certain cells").ClearContents End Sub "certain cells" would be your range of cells. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

access status bar from View
My status bar object is created in MainFrm.cpp. I need to display information in it from my View.cpp. I'm not quite sure how I should do this. Should I do a SetPaneText in my View. If so how do I do this. Otherwise, should I set some some variable that is accessed from MainFrm? Thanks for the help. -- to reply, remove Big10 from address Andrew, You can access the main frame window from your view: CMainFrame* pFrame = (CMainFrame *)AfxGetMainWnd(); .... and then access your status bar via GetMessageBar. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq What I do is use WM_SETMESSA...

Report re contacts
I'm attempting to create a report of accounts that will include not only primary contacts but any associated contacts as well. When doing an advanced find the report only shows the primary contact. Is there a way that I can request all contacts associated with an account to appear in the report? I don't know if it is possible using that manner. Try using SQL Reporting Services report instead. You can make them using Visual Studio or the report designer (i.e. a stripped visual studio). Run the setup for Reporting Services from the CD 1 and include authoring and you should be able...

Customer Loyalty Scheme
Hi, We would like to setup a loyalty scheme within our store. I have read about setting up Customer Accounts and the pricing brackets you can enter; A, B, C, D. I have a few questions below which I would like to know the answers too if anybody knows: 1. Using this method, does the customer account number have to be entered prior to the transaction? 2. When the account information is entered, does the screen on the till return to the normal sales entry screen or do you have to push/tap a custom button to then enter the transactions 3. Are there any changes needed to relate a database t...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Outlook contacts #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Folks Anybody know of a third party product that will allow a network XP Pros = machines running Outlook to be able to share their contacts without = Exchange server hosting their emails? ie. they're using POP3 from a = third party mail provider? R Green ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

record and print amounts in multiple boxes on 1099 forms
We have had several clients that have been very disappointed to learn that they can only do 1 amount box per 1099. For instance, they might need an amount for rents and one for non-employee compensation. I think it would need to be settable at time of transaction entry. One of our clients said they could do that in Quickbooks and was very surprised to learn that GP won't do it. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

Auto Add Textboxes in Forms
In case of the Forms I use, it is Desirable to make them as compact as possible. Stripped of any unnecessary items. It seems usefull to make a form which ads a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one. My question: "What Code should I use to get my forms to add a new textbox everytime something has been entered in the last one?" Thanks in Advance! Don't do it. The maintenance makes it more effort than it is worth. Just set them all up in design, and maybe hide them until needed. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

how do i stop outlook auto adding entries to contacts
My Outlook 2003 adds every address I send an email to to my contacts, which is really annoying and means that I now have thousands of unwanted contacts. As far as I am aware I do not deliberately have an 'Add-in' that is doing this, but don't know how to check for that either! Any ideas how to stop outlook doing this, as I can't find any help on the matter, or any obvious way to turn it off. The problem is duplicated as well, because if I email John Smith, for instance, it adds two contacts, one for Smith, John, and one just for Smith. Any help or advice gratefu...

MS Money's Budget tools?
Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004? I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a budget. I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are better. Thanks! Mike If that's your criteria, don't upgrade. See http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp to identify budgeting changes in the last several versions. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F3BDC72-3C25-4FCD-930E-F344CC6AEB71@microsoft.com... > Have there been any upgrades to MS Mon...

transfer contacts using email
Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Many thanks, Frank FJB <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote: > Is it possible to transfer contacts from one machine to another using > email? If, yes, what does the receiving person need to do? Create a new PST (File>Net>Outlook Data File). Now, right-click Contacts and choose Copy. SPecify the new PST as the destination. When the copy completes, right-click the new PST and choose Close. Close Outlook. Rename the PST's file extension to something...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

A button on the page
How do I make a button on my page that if I click it will put today's date in the cell I want? I am using excel 2007. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Less Spam Better enjoyable experience Visit : news://spacesst.com Hi, I would prefer using the shortcut key Ctrl+; (control semi-colon) 1. First you need to add the Developer tab - press Alt+1, on the Popular tab turn on the Developer tab in the ribbon. 2. On the developer tab choose Insert, Command Button and then click in the sheet where you want the button 3. Double-click the button...

SSL & Forms based auth messed up rich client version
Okay, I'm about ready to scrap OWA entirely. I had OWA up and running perfectly with no security, however external clients could not log into their mail boxes. They would get the login screen but their credentials were not being accepted even though I know they were typing them in correctly. So I decided to try SSL and Forms based Auth. Now when I try to login using IE6 sp1 to the premium client version about half the site loads, but stops, with a "loading" message where the viewing pane should be. I'm running exch 2003 on win2k3, for both the back end, and front end s...

Calculating Time/Days worked
Hope you will bare with me while I explain. Once again I am working with a sheet, or series of sheets that hel employees calculate their time for days and hours worked. I decided against the protection button, as it was more of a proble with employees unchecking it. So, I am left with one last functio before it is complete. Let me remind you wonderful people I am new to excel and this is m first real project. Ok, my last 'function' I would like is this... Paydays are calculated from the 11th of each month to the 25th, the again from the 26th of each month to 10th of the the next month...