Custom reports 06-13-05

How can I make custom reports in MS CRM?
Thanks, M
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Where can I find Crystal reports?

"Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find Crystal reports?

You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to
make custom reports in Microsoft CRM

> "Mikkhail" wrote:
>
>> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM?
>> Thanks, M

0
Julian
6/13/2005 6:40:22 PM
you may only be able to buy verison 10 of crystal however
businessobjects.com should be able to send you a v9.2.2 once you tell them
you are working with microsoft crm etc

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Where can I find Crystal reports?
>
> "Mikkhail" wrote:
>
> > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM?
> > Thanks, M

0
John
6/15/2005 5:20:13 AM
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:47:05 -0700, "Mikkhail"
<Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Where can I find Crystal reports?

I can't remember the address off hand but before you look for it bear
in mind that you will want version 92 of crystal. The current version
is version 10 and has dropped support for CRM.

0
JB

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

Frx from Reports Menu in GP
From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead of the Report Designer. How do you change this? Locate the FRXDYN.INI in the application folder you start DynamicsGP. Delete it. Next time you use the Reports--> Financial --> FRX, you should be prompted again for the location. Select the frx32.exe, rather than the frx launch32.exe ------ Robert "6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OkyfOBGvHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead > o...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Test 04-05-07
Test -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

Sales for Outlook Installation 10-24-05
I'm having trouble installing CRM sales for outlook. The installation errors literally on the point of finishing. The message is "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for microsoft crm sales for outlook". I have searched the knowledge base and newsgroups to find any info on this matter but at the moment I have struggled to find any signifcant information. The pc used is running XP pro SP2. Thanks for any assistance in advance ...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Add range options to Rec Dist report
Add additonal range options to the Receivings Distribution report - only by Audit Trail is allowed ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b0268d6b-4b6a-4805-9b52-e...

Can decimal point symbol (.) be removed on a Report?
Is there a way in Report Writer to modify a currency field so that it does not show the decimal point symbol (.) - a period, but still shows the 2 decimal places? For example, the field I am trying to modify is Check Amount. Say I have a check for $271.29, I want to format the field so that the outcome is 27129, in other words I don't want the dot/period in between the dollars and the cents. Is this possible to do? If so how can I modify field to display this way? P.S. I don't need the dollar sign either. easiest way would be to use the value in a calculated field with result ...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Limiting data in a report
I have a field in my database that contains only single letters which refer to the specific type of data contained in the other fields. ("A" refers to one specific type while "B" refers to another, etc.) I am attempting to set up an input box which will allow the user to produce a report consisting of data related to "A", "B" or whichever type is desired. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) x = InputBox("C for Airmail, R for Revenues, O for Official Stamps. Leave blank for all") Reports![Wish List]![Prefix]![Criteria] = ...

Sub Reports in Crystal
Hi All, I have made a report with a sub report in it. The main report is using quote from the schema and the sub report is using quotedetail. When I try to add quotedetail to the main report it makes the report fail whenever it's run in CRM. What am I doing wrong or do reports only allow one part of the schema per report & sub report? Thanks All Tom ...

Cash flow and incme reports
The cash flow report shows capital gains from share sales and dividends as income but also includes these values in transfers. The income report only showscapital gain, not the capital return. Is there a way to have total cash flowreported truly? I'm using M2001 - do later versions help in this area? ...

Sorting records in the Report Design View
Currently, I use "Sorting and Grouping" tool in the Report Design View to create group headers so that I can group my data accordingly. However, I would like to know if I can apply a custom sort order. For example, the field name that I want to group is "Region". I have records of "East", "North", "South", and "West". Is there a way that I can order by "North", "South", "East", and "West" instead? If I use the "Sorting and Grouping" tool, it won't work because it only accepts a...

custom report not showing values
I have uploaded a very simple SRS report that includes "out of box fields" and custom fields. When I run the report, instead of my custom field values showing in the report, I get the id of the value. What am I missing? -Melissa ...

Anyone using Customer Service only, for Helpdesk?
Hi, We're pretty much a microsoft shop (all MS servers, Great Plains etc) and were wondering about using MSCRM for the general IT helpdesk - 6 tech staff covering 375 users. Is that a good idea? Too expensive on licences? Too "big" for just that? Just wanted some opinions. Many Thanks, Daniel. I don't think from a help desk standpoint it fits well. At least an internal IT help desk. "Daniel" <dbremner@nospam.nelson-bakewell.com> wrote in message news:ela50rkxDHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We're pretty much a microsoft shop (a...

Report that includes Commission Schedule "Fixed Amount"
Would like to be able to run a report that includes either and or "Fixed Amount", or "Maximum Commission" fields. We use these features and would like to be able to change items that have amounts in these fields but need to be able to run a report to find what items have these fields populated. ...