Custom Reports 04-22-04

We have CRM v1.0, Server 2000, etc...

Also have Crystal Reports 8.5 with the CRM Enhancement
installed on a client PC.

I can log on to APS via Crystal, but I cannot perform
the "Verify Database" option which is supposed to enable
me to reference our custom fields for reporting. I
continue to get an error on login "An error occured while
authenticating user". This happens no matter what
combination of paths/users/passwords I try to use.

Any one know of some catch here? What do I need to do to
be able to reference our custom fields?

Thanks!
0
Tony
4/22/2004 9:28:13 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are you able to run reports?

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have CRM v1.0, Server 2000, etc...
>
> Also have Crystal Reports 8.5 with the CRM Enhancement
> installed on a client PC.
>
> I can log on to APS via Crystal, but I cannot perform
> the "Verify Database" option which is supposed to enable
> me to reference our custom fields for reporting. I
> continue to get an error on login "An error occured while
> authenticating user". This happens no matter what
> combination of paths/users/passwords I try to use.
>
> Any one know of some catch here? What do I need to do to
> be able to reference our custom fields?
>
> Thanks!

0
John

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Action Pack 02-18-04
Hi Is CRM included in action pack in UK? Thanks Regards On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:51 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >Is CRM included in action pack in UK? > John Not seen it so far in ours Julian Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK ...

Report Format

newsgroups #22
Hello, I just got Outlook on my system, and I got a couple of questions. How do you set up newsgroups to be read via outlook? Can you even do this? carl <carlgurgan@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, I just got Outlook on my system, and I got a couple of > questions. How do you set up newsgroups to be read via outlook? Can > you even do this? Outlook can't read newsgroups. Outlook's News item for the Go menu calls Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman ...

need custom cut and paste functions
Hello, I once wrote here about a problem I had cutting and pasting where columns would turn to "REF!" after a cut and paste. I would work around it by copying, pasting and then manually deleting instead. I thought turning everything in the sheet to absolute references would solve the problem but it didn't so now I am thinking of a different solution. Could someone tell me what I need to do to write my own cut and paste functions which would basically copy the selection and then on a paste it would paste and then delete the original selection from where it was copied from...

Email Router 05-17-04
Hello, I want to create a queue for support. This queue should receive internal emails from other departments that they are requesting support. Can anybody tell us how to rout these emails to the CRM Queue? Regards, Khalid Hello This is a limitation of MS CRM. The router does not intercept internal email. Only emails that reach the mailserver trough the SMTP gateway are processed. Regards Cedric "Khalid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e08101c43c13$bb1dbcf0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > I want to create a queue for support. This ...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Vendor/Customer Secondar Address
Hi I have written small program in C# by using Econnect 10 I updating Customer and Vendor it works fine but I cannot update the Secondary address for both Customer/Vendor can any body tell me which Econnect schema I have to use to update the Secondary address. Regards Thirumal ...

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

building a custom calender control
I'm trying to build a calender control that will allow the user to select a month and display any appoitments / jobs due for that month. I want it to look like the calender in Outlook. i'm having trouble creating this in ACCESS 2007. Could anyone help please? This is a gigantic task. Is there some particular area where you are having a problem? Most people would opt for automation of outlook rather than trying to accomplish this... -- Jack Leach www.tristatemachine.com "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t wor...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

ComboBox with AutoCompleteMode = SuggestAppend and custom search (Contains)?
Hi, I have a class FlightStation with a Search property that combines two attributes. I like to search not only for matching strings from the beginning, but rather from any where in the string. (With the Contains method or the string class) What is the best and quickest solution to implement such a search when using a combobox and not a TextBox for the input? I know about implementing a derived class like this: class FlightStationBindingList : BindingList<FlightStation> { // ... } But is there a more quick and dirty solution ?! - Sorry :-) My solution with the Tex...

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...