Custom forms with "related" fields

Hello,

Starting at the beginning - is there recommended documentation for CRM?

Simply, when adding a new case under service, after I have selected the
account I would like some fields to auto populate relating to the
account - like for example account address and telephone number.

I cannot see the field to add from the form customisation tool - only
fields relating to the case itself.  I know there is a relationships
section but have not touched it yet.

Any starters to get me moving in the right direction?

Thanks!

0
stevendudson
8/29/2006 1:32:35 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

hi Steven
I am not sure if this is too late to reply to your issue. In order to
populate fields like address from customer to case you need to perhaps create
new fields under case called address1,2 or 3 or whatever you choose to call
them and then map these fields to the address fields under company/contact.
You need to go to settings and then the cutomization section to be able to
do this.

cheers
ridhima

"stevendudson@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Starting at the beginning - is there recommended documentation for CRM?
>
> Simply, when adding a new case under service, after I have selected the
> account I would like some fields to auto populate relating to the
> account - like for example account address and telephone number.
>
> I cannot see the field to add from the form customisation tool - only
> fields relating to the case itself.  I know there is a relationships
> section but have not touched it yet.
>
> Any starters to get me moving in the right direction?
>
> Thanks!

Hello I have just seen your response.

If I create additional fields under say the case address1, address2,
etc. Would every case record store the address record or will it link
to the appropriate account field?

I created the field and the relationship but when I select the account
from the drop down list my address1 field does not auto populate. Do I
need to do add an event to the "OnChange" field of the account lookup
to populate the other fields afterwards?

Thanks

Steven

Ridhima Sood wrote:
> hi Steven
> I am not sure if this is too late to reply to your issue. In order to
> populate fields like address from customer to case you need to perhaps create
> new fields under case called address1,2 or 3 or whatever you choose to call
> them and then map these fields to the address fields under company/contact.
> You need to go to settings and then the cutomization section to be able to
> do this.
>
> cheers
> ridhima
>
> "stevendudson@gmail.com" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Starting at the beginning - is there recommended documentation for CRM?
> >
> > Simply, when adding a new case under service, after I have selected the
> > account I would like some fields to auto populate relating to the
> > account - like for example account address and telephone number.
> >
> > I cannot see the field to add from the form customisation tool - only
> > fields relating to the case itself.  I know there is a relationships
> > section but have not touched it yet.
> >
> > Any starters to get me moving in the right direction?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
stevendudson
9/11/2006 12:43:49 PM
hi Steven

You would have to create an onchange event which loads other values related
to the selected account. I am not sure if there is another way but would be
keen to know it myself.

Regards
Ridhima

"stevendudson@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello I have just seen your response.
>
> If I create additional fields under say the case address1, address2,
> etc. Would every case record store the address record or will it link
> to the appropriate account field?
>
> I created the field and the relationship but when I select the account
> from the drop down list my address1 field does not auto populate. Do I
> need to do add an event to the "OnChange" field of the account lookup
> to populate the other fields afterwards?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven
>

> Ridhima Sood wrote:
> > hi Steven
> > I am not sure if this is too late to reply to your issue. In order to
> > populate fields like address from customer to case you need to perhaps create
> > new fields under case called address1,2 or 3 or whatever you choose to call
> > them and then map these fields to the address fields under company/contact.
> > You need to go to settings and then the cutomization section to be able to
> > do this.
> >
> > cheers
> > ridhima
> >
> > "stevendudson@gmail.com" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Starting at the beginning - is there recommended documentation for CRM?
> > >
> > > Simply, when adding a new case under service, after I have selected the
> > > account I would like some fields to auto populate relating to the
> > > account - like for example account address and telephone number.
> > >
> > > I cannot see the field to add from the form customisation tool - only
> > > fields relating to the case itself.  I know there is a relationships
> > > section but have not touched it yet.
> > >
> > > Any starters to get me moving in the right direction?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

Hi Steven,
I also need to solution for similar customization. If you find it, will
you tell me about it.

0
killer

Password related issue
Hi, I have a password set on a xls file. I seem to have forgotten the password. How can I crack the software Do a Google search for "lost password excel" - you'll find a bunch of commercial options. Threre are no free solutions for file passwords, AFAIK. In article <080a01c3b0f5$f5a986f0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Noel" <noel_surendran@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I have a password set on a xls file. I seem to have > forgotten the password. How can I crack the software ...

Capturing an Attribute value from a related Entity
I have two related entities, Opportunity and Currency. Currency contains the attribute: Exchange_rate which contains the exchange rate to the US dollar. I also have an exchange_rate attribute in the Opportunity Entity, which I would like to update with the value from the related Currency entity and use it for calculations within the opportunity form. Can someone guide me with the Jscript to accomplish this. Also, would it be possible to update the value in the Opportunity record whenever that record is read for reporting or opened? Thanks, Ilja Hi Ilja, There are (at least) three ...

Locating content types, libaries, and related lists
We're planning to use MOSS 2007 as a repository for our project documents and email. We want to use a single container, and rely on metadata and search instead of a folder structure (and instead of different libraries for each project). At the top level of the site collection, I created a content type with a lookup column to a list of clients/projects. The document library itself is in a subsite. My concern is that once the library fills up there's going to be a lot of data in there, all with critical metadata attached. Maybe there would be less risk if the conte...

How to set up filter for related entity in a lookup
We have customized the Account entity to include 1:N relationships with Employees. How can we make sure, on the Service Case form, when we look up an Account, that, when we subsequently do a look up on Employees, it filters just to the Employees of that Account? Daniel Johnson, Jr. Cincinnati, Ohio Hi Daniel, Paste this onload of the entity that has the look up for employess. Replace "field" with the name of the employee lookup id. if (crmForm.FormType == 2 && crmForm.ObjectId != null) { var name = crmForm.all.name.DataValue; crmForm.all.field.additionalparams = 's...

Refresh related form
Hello, I have written some callout which changes an attribute in account (Relationship type) when opportunity deleted or created. Now I want to refresh the account form if it is open, so user see the change. If I don't do that user can save the account form and lose the automatic changes made even not mentioned them. So, how should I refresh the related form (or field). Hello, Just wondering if you ever found a method to refresh the page? "Akop Akopyan" wrote: > Hello, > > I have written some callout which changes an attribute in account > (Relationship ty...

Create an Iframe to point to an entity's related View
Hi Guys is it possible to create an Iframe that points to a custom entity's related view? For example Cutom Entity A has a relationship with contact (contact is the primary) I want to create an Iframe elsewhere in CRM that will show me the assosicated view of the custom Entity when I pass it the contact object id. All I seem to be able to do is get the full entity view which shows me ALL the contacts not just the one I want :( Hey Guys Here is some code that displays the opportunities associated with an account, in an IFRAME on the account form. Firstly create the IFRAME on the...

Report Writer
I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency Contact report. Can this be done? I looked but could not find a way to do it through Report Writer. I'm sure there must be a way but it'll take some more looking. It would be much easier to build a report using SmartList Builder or a different report writer. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bob Harrison" wrote: > I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency > Contact report. Can this be done? ------=_NextPart_0001_8D212269 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

AD data related to security
in AD data why would i see an acct creation date, a blank pwd last set date, a user must change password, and a last login timestamp. why the blank pwd last set date? wouldn't this be filled if the last login timestamp is filled and user must change password is set? thanks. The user logged on and wasn't required to change their password and the password hasn't been modified yet. The expiration for the password has since expired and the user is now required to change their password. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCT...

5.5 to 2003 Migration questions (mainly PF related)
Good-day, I am currently in the middle of a test migration from 5.5 on an NT 4.0 member to Exchange Server 2003 on a Win 2003 DC running in 2003 native mode. I've followed the 2003 deployment guide but have a few questions at my present point in testing, hopefully some who have been down this road could comment: 1 - Public Folder Replication vs Move With mailboxes it's quite clear - within the site I can just move them to the new server. With PF, what is the difference between setting up replication (which I seem to have done now via ADC and looks to be working) or using th...

Customization with SDK : add related form
Hi, I would like to give the possibility to users to be able to duplicate an opportunity since a first opportunity without having to recapture information. For it I added a button in the toolbar of the Opportunity form. I associated the url <servername> /SFA/opps/edit.aspx to this button. How can I do to simulate an " add related " and to take all information but the id of the first form (I have already done the mapping)? Thanks You could use the CRM SDK to write some custom code. You would need to use the CRMOpportunity class which as a retrieve method to retrieve t...

Help - another question related to rules
Hi: I do seem to be experiencing difficulties with rules these days....... I created a rule that includes having the server respond with a specific message (in fact, all the rule does is to have the server respond with a particular message). The rule is working - I know that since I can sent a test message and receive the appropriate response back. The problem is that there is nothing in the account to indicate that the response was actually sent - I would have thought that the sent messages would show up in my sent messages folder. Am I doing something wrong. Can anyone shed some ...

Execution project for client. (Migration and deployment related)
Hi All! I need some advices related to migration and deployment. Situation: our team makes CRM project for some client. And I need right point how to make it in a right way. 1. Should I create a new instance on my side using client's license with its organization name as a prototype? Create roles, business units, templates, make some customization etc. And then use Data Migration Framework to move all data on production server. I read here about issues with GUIDs for users in AD and some other. may be I need just some kind of advices about how to make such projects in a right way. 2. AFAIK...

Address book related
I am trying to create the birthday calender for my friends...they are many of them say 100. I know their namr and birthday. Can I create something like xml file which I will manually create with these 2 fields and then simply import it to outlook and it will update the calender. Once its tested on my machine I will share it with my 100 friends so they also can quickly update their calenders...is there any such smart way to add the entries in the calender... thanks in advance. Check out this page about adding holidays and such to your Calendar: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holid...

Outlook 2007: Question related to RPC-over-HTTP: now login is needed also on TCP connections?
hello, Since the introduction or RPC-over-HTTP access to our corporate email servers, I have been using it successfully on Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 automatically used RPC-over-HTTP when I was connected on the Internet, and switched over to TCP access when I was on the company Intranet. If connecting over the Internet (through RPC-over-HTTP), Outlook 2003 asked for login information. If connecting over HP Intranet, Outlook 2003 used the NT login credentials and did NOT ask me for a login. Now with Outlook 2007, I am asked always for login information (on Internet AND Intranet). Thu...

Display related entity
Hi I am trying to display the products that are related to an Opportunity on the Opportunity form in an IFRAME. I have created the IFRAME and I have tested the following bit of Jscript: // ------------------------------------------------- getFrameSource = function( tabSet ) { // ------------------------------------------------- if (crmForm.ObjectId !=null) var oId = crmForm.ObjectId; var oType = crmForm.ObjectTypeCode; var security = crmFormSubmit.crmFormSubmitSecurity.value; var navItem = window.document.getElementById( 'nav_'+ tabSet ); navItem.style.display = 'none'; re...

what exactly is the 'alias' for? and a few other related questions.
exchange 2000 sp3 on windows 2000 server sp4 When I make user accounts the username and email naming conventions differ. For example, username is firstname only and email address is first initial of first name followed by a '.' and then the last name. So as I create an account I enter the username, then when I get to the exchange part the username is pre-populated as the alias, which I change to our naming convention. The email address gets created according to the alias. example: username: joe alias: j.schmoe email: j.schmoe@domain.com (by default based on alias) I have never had a...

Please help me with a couple of VBA related Word questions... than
1. If a group of users have a common template installed on their machine, and they are all sent a document created with that template, is the appropriate corresponding template identified by its filename, or by its fully-qualified-folder-path-filename (which could be in different locations on different client machines), or something else? 2. Can VBA code be separated from the document and distributed separately from the document? 3. What's the best way of distributing changes to a VBA macro? Thank you for your help I do not have the facilities to the check a...

Hardware/Network related issues with GP Installation
Hi, Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while installling GP, BP at production server? Is there any expected issues, We should take care at the time of installation? Kindly Share. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Arun. My application server with GP, BP is virtual server running on Windows Server 2003. The Database server is physical server running on Windows Server 2008. "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while > installling GP, BP at production server? > > Is there any expec...

Relationship replaces related contacts in opportunites in V3.0....
I need some help...in V1.2, you could relate Contacts to opportunites....in V3.0, this has been replaced by "relationships" which is fine except...I have a customer who used the Contacts view in Opportunity to display info on related contacts such as job title, address, phone, etc....I just edited the Contacts associated view to disply this info and it saved their call center reps a few clicks by not having to actually open the contact record just to verify or see this info. Now, if they want to see that info, they have to open the contaqct record from the Relationship view. Here is...

problem related to context menu
hello,i m new to VC++ i need to add the context menu on my application i have the list view now i want the right click on one row the popup menu displayed ........but i didnt get that how to add contact menu can u please help me thank & regards preeti jain >i have the list view now i want the right click on one row the popup >menu displayed ........but i didnt get that how to add contact menu You need to add a message handler for WM_CONTEXTMENU and in there display the menu using TrackPopupMenu. If you search for those 2 terms you'll probably find some examples. Dave http...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

Outlook 2003
In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual appt - I can see the notes but this creates numerous sheets of paper. Is there a way to printall this info on one daily sheet? Hi, JayL; File> Print> Print Styles> Calendar Details Style -Ian "JayL" wrote: > In the calendar I often put notes/direction on a daily appt, etc. When I > print the daily appt I don't see these notes. When I print the individual > appt - I can see the notes but this creates nu...

Filter and display related transactions?
I have an Orders .mdb that includes several tabbed pages hanging off a Main form, plus some linked forms. frmMain is based on tblInquiries and includes the field/control Ref which is used almost throughout as the Primary Key and to link together various parts of the order processing. frmInvoices is linked by Ref and is used to create sales invoices which are stored in tblInvoices. Now I want to have a linked form (Costing) on which I will display all the costs each order incurs (no problem) and which (now my question) will show the details of any sales invoices that have been created for...

brining together related data from two tables
I used Table Tools --> Database Tools --> Analyze Table to eliminate redundant data. This split my main table into two tables. But the savings are not great and now I want to bring the data back into the same table. Can I do this in Access, or do I need to use VB? "Jeff Boyce" <JeffBoyce_IF@msn.com-DISCARD_HYPHEN_TO_END> wrote in message news:OPunybZGIHA.284@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > "savings" of what? Splitting is not necessarily smaller or faster or ..., > but using a well-normalized relational database design will help ensure > the > ...

related to dropdown list
hai i have created a dropdown list in a cell and locked it and protecte the excel 2000 sheet, still iam able to allow the user to choosefrom the dropdown list. but iam unable to do the same in 2003 excel. when we try choose fro the dropdown it is not allowing to do so. is that possible to do so in excel 2003, if yes please help me -- rameshp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rameshpm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55589 That behavi...