Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

I have created a new custom entity (A) for which I need to create two
referential relationships to other custom entities (B) & (C). (A) is the
primary entity in both cases.

The relationship between (A) and (B) acts normally.

The relationship between (A) and (C) doesn't. When I try to add a (C) record
from (A), (A) displays two records in the (C) lookup. One "record" displays
data from system fields (created on and status). The second "record" displys
data from the primary field. I am not able to access (C) record from the
associated view in (A), but I can access it and interact with it normally
through all other means.

Am I missing something?

Any insight appreciated.

Sarah
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Customizing Outlook Today #15
When i click on the words "customizing outlook today" nothing happens. I have restarted the comnputer and still nothing...any ideas???? If this is Outlook 2000, the following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:3af201c3e2b5...

Exchange 5.5 disaster recovery #3
Hi. I have two exchange 5.5 servers in my production environment en two in my disaster recovery site which is located in another town. What woul be the best way of making sure I have up to the minute information available in my DR site when my production site goes down. Apart from forwarding a copy of each received mail to a duplicate mailbox on the DR site I have not been able to find any other solution. Is there a way of replicating the information store? Thanks, Morne Not without 3rd party replication products. Exchange doesn't do replication. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Me...

macro run-time dialog box causing integration manager problem in GP9.0
I'm using AutoDim and windows scheduler to run integrations in integration manager. In GP7.5 it all worked fine but now that I've upgraded to GP9 there is a macro run-time dailog box that's causing problems. I see the documentation on how to supress the dialog within a macro using Logging file '<filename>.txt' but this doesn't work. I'm thinking it's a timing issue or the fact that the macro starts outside the scope of the dynamics runtime (AutoDim is calling the macro) so once dynamics is open and running the logging file command is out of scope? Is ther...

Entourage: Problem with Task Custom View
I use a lot of custom views... They all work except this one... I select a new Custom View Window... I select...Tasks only I select...Due Date I select...Is in the month of... I select...June I have about 50 tasks with due dates in the month of June. When I set up the above mentioned custom view... I get only a blank window. Somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks. michael ...

Moving CRM Database
Hi All, How can I move the Microsoft CRM SQL Server databases to a different machine (same domain, of course)? Hi, I would uninstall CRM, move the databases (using backup/restore), reinstall CRM connecting to existing database and reapply all patches that you applied. You could also stop all CRM services, move the databases and change the ConnectionString settings in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM and start the services again (I never test this though and I cannot guarantee that it will actually work...) -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support NG FAQ : http://www.mic...

CRM to SQL authentication
Is it possible to have the connection from CRM to SQL run in windows authentication mode? Right now, when I run sp_who2, every process is running under the context of DomainName\Administrator or sa (even though there are plenty of end users using CRM and they log into CRM using windows auth). The bottom line of what I want to accomplish is run sp_who2 and see who exactly is running a particular process (maybe a big advanced find for example). It seems like the users log into CRM using windows auth but all database connections run under 'sa' or domain\admin account. (And our SQL...

CRM + Crystal reports
Hi all, Firstly, I have been informed by Microsoft Techical that if i get a message "Not enough Crystal licenses" when navigating to the reports tab on the CRM, i should re-install the entire CRM? Surely there is a way around this problem. Second question is, MS-CRM ships with Crystal 9 enhanced, I have also purchased Crystal 11 and would like to know if this can be used to connect to the Microsoft CRM database with or without the enhancement made for Crystal 9. Any possitive responce will be greatly appreciated. Rgds Jefferson Jefferson, >From our (bad) experience, u wo...

Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM ?
Hi all, Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM 3.0 ? So, I just want to show Workplace, Customer Service and Settings. thanks in advance Sure, you can do that using the security roles. Just hide Marketing and Sales for those roles. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "FAF" <FAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10EE5CA1-0313-4FC2-A0A0-511717C2749F@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Is it possible to hide the options Marketing and Sales in MS CRM 3.0 ? So, > I > just want to show Workpl...

New GP 9.0 Installation
Hi all, I'm trying to log intoGP 9.0 for the first time. I get a message that tells me I must first run GP Utilities. So I tryi to log onto GP Utilities and at the "Validating the Product Information Screen" I get error messages "...you are attemting to configure an older version of the product..." My only option is to Exit. It doesn't give me a clue as to how to fix the problem. Can anyone help with this? Also, can anyone give a definitive answer of how to move a GP installation (DYNAMICS and Production database) to a new server? Thanks! -Allen Yo...

Data counting problem #3
The real issue is that I have an original spreadsheet containing lengthy list numbered 1 through 3000. I need to remove each row tha isn't included in the 'criteria' column which has numbers spotte throughout 1 to 3000. So I was going to sort by the one or zero colum and then remove all the zeros. Thank you all for your help. appritiated it -- GlitchCo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GlitchCog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

CRM Connector for GP Install Error #2
I am installing the CRM 3.0 Connector for GP, and have hit an immediate roadblock. Install asks for CRM Access User, I enter the name and password for the user set up only for CRM management and integration. Install returns a warning that the user is part of the Administrator group, so I know install is accessing AD correctly. Clicking to continue past the warning, I receive an error "Specified Microsoft CRM Access User is not part of the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group. Please specify another user or add this user to the Microsoft CRM Privelege User Group and click Next.&qu...

Urgent: CRM Crashing
When User trying to update the Ownership for the Accounts Records, CRM Service become unavailble and i have to restart CRM Security service again. When i assign it to other user which is a Valid system user, It 1st take some time and then it crashed. Below is the EVENT LOG. -------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: (100) Event ID: 1000 Date: 6/6/2005 Time: 5:17:22 PM User: N/A Computer: CRMTest Description: Faulting application CrmSecurityService.exe, version 1.2.3297.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5...

CRM 3.0 Laptop Client installl problem
Hi, I'm trying to install CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook in Offline mode and get the following error right at the end of the install: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Could not find stored procedure 'p_LoadEntityList'." I've tried installing multiple times and all prerequisites are met, etc. I've installed both as my user (member of admins group) and also as the local administrator, both have the exact same problem. I'm on Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1 and Outlook 2007...

Looking for some advice -- replacing IE with custom app
<Background> Our company has been selling a product which relies heavily on the use of Internet Explorer (IE). But, with the many security issues of the last few years, IE is becoming more difficult to work with. We are contemplating replacing our dependency on IE with a new custom application that we would write. All our current code is written in MSVC/MFC, so this new app would also. As we are planning on writing a custom app to replace IE, we are also looking at adding new custom user interface features that were almost impossible in the old version of html pages being disp...

Example Implementation CRM
Work in a development company, with support and we are implementing the CRM. I need an example implementation of the CRM, (attention to the client, flow of cases, communications between area, etc.) Thank you very much! Search on msdn.microsoft.com for Microsoft CRM. You will see a lot of example code. Probably nothing to match your exact requirements but at least information to get you started "Eduardo Testa" <etesta@voipgroup.com> wrote in message news:eTwt$sHNEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Work in a development company, with support and we are implementing the CRM...

subject entity customization seems impossible
Hi everybody, I hoped I could change the name of the "subject" entity. However, this entity, as well as other customizable entities does not seem to allow customization of any information that appears on the general tab of the informations menu item. How may I change this name ? I tried another method, namely, "export customization", modify the name in the xml file and then "import customization". However, it seems impossible to publish this customization, so that the entity name quickly reverts to its previous value. Thank you to anyone who can help me a...

Time calculations #3
Excel 2003 I want to try to put together a store employee schedule for my son and I am wondering what is the best way to deal with time calculations. they do not use a 24 hour format so how can I do calculation (shift times, Employee availability times, sum of hours......) when the times are AM/PM format. Any guidance here will be appreciated. Thanks dave You can add and subtract times irrespective of the format. 17:00 less 08:00 returns 9:00 the same as 5:00 PM less 8:00 AM returns 9:00. You will need to use the number format to format answers correctly. When summing hours that ...

Problems using a custom control
my program immediately quits with no errors at all whenever I try adding a custom control to my dialog. I am starting out with a blank dialog MFC app and then using the "Using the Resource Editor" instructions located here: http://69.10.233.10/KB/miscctrl/High-speedCharting.aspx?fid=304082&fr=76#xx0xx If I remove the custom controll off of the dialog, the blank app works, however if I put the custom control on the dialog quits without even showing the window. I am using VS2008 thanks, Nick seems like I mistyped the class name, I used CChartCtrl instead of ChartCntr...

How do I put custom data labels on charts in Excel?
I have a chart showing burn rates (fairly small numbers) and EACs/ETCs(Relly big numbers). I have set up 2 Y-Axis, but this stretches the burn rate a lot, so if it changes a little bit, it adjusts the axis and suddenly, a 1% spike goes all the way from the bottom edge to the top. I know I can define the axis to compensate, but then if there really were a spike, it has the potential to go off the page, something I'm not sure people will know how to fix when I leave this internship in a couple weks. What I want to do is add another set of data, a percent change in the burn rate. O...

Customers within Telecom
I am interested to know whether Microsoft has any customer cases within telecom or Television using Dynamics CRM in Scandinavia or Europe? Yes, we have done one implementation in the middle east for a subscription based satellite service company. This implementation also has integration with JD Edwards for their invoicing and other operations. Please share with us your exact challenges and we should be able to assist you. -- Regards, Dave Banerjee "Lholm" <Lholm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2426A70-5ECC-4293-A1FE-DCEFA313C4DF@microsoft.com... >...

MS CRM 3.0 Free Add-on
Anybody knows about free downloadable Add-Ons on net. please let me know. Thanks, Syed. Have you heard of google ??? "SyedAbdulbasith" <syedsaab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:432B2F82-0934-4AF0-AA72-535DD2DB0EC9@microsoft.com... > Anybody knows about free downloadable Add-Ons on net. > > please let me know. > > Thanks, > Syed. Thanks Korimako, yes, but i could'nt find any free add-on on google except Spell Checker. as i am using MS CRM 3.0. Please advice, your early response will be much appriciated. Thanks, Syed. "korimako" w...

CRM Uninstall and move to new server
Not realizing that CRM was not compatible with windows 2003 server I built a windows 2003 CRM machine. As it does not work properly I am moving it to a new server. Currently we have no data in the CRM system so no concerns of loosing information. However i am wanting this to go as smoothly as possible. Please comment on the following steps. 1. Uninstall CRM from server 2. Delete databases and OU (IS THIS STEP NEEDED) 3. Build new server with same name 4. Reinstall CRM. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. River Cox River, You should be able to install MSCRM on the new server...

Outlook Delegates #3
I have users that are trying to send a message in behalf of eachother, but when they are setup as "Author" delegates they can send emails from one another's email inbox, but the email does not indicate which user it is sending the message. It does not say "In Behalf Of". Is there a way to make that show? -- Thanks, Myka Salas Use ADU&C to remove the Send As permission that those users have over = those other mailboxes.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and M...

CRM with Hosted Domain
Hi Folks, My small customer has her domain (www, smtp) hosted and her little world is safely behind a firewall. E-mail is incorporated via Outlook which selects the Exchange Server Mailbox as the designated delivery location. I'm reading the CRM documentation and there is a clearly stated division of network traffic between "e-mail" and "CRM related e-mail". Can anybody peer into their crystal ball and suggest how this will work? First question is, is this even operationally possible? Second question is, if it is possible, will I encounter great difficulties? Thi...

CRM 3.0, Outlook 2k3 and Live Messenger
Is anyone else having the following issue? We are running XP clients with Outlook 2k3 SP2. We also use CRM 3.0 clients. The clients were running Microsoft Messenger without any porblems. A couple upgraded to Live Messenger. Now when we start Outlook on those client machines, it takes over 2 minutes to load. If you turn off Live Messenger Outlook starts up in under 10 seconds. Any ideas? ...