Custom Entity Lookup to multiple record types

I have created a custom entity that I would like to setup a M-1 relationship
between multiple possible entity types.

So, I want my custom entity to be able to be related to one account,
contact, or opportunity (for example).  And this record should be available
on the custom entity form as a lookup (a lookup that accepts multiple record
types).  Similar to a "customer" field on a service case that allows for a
customer or account.

How (or really can I) could I do this?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This cann't be done, only 1-to-many relations are supported through
customization

Crm system relations do use the behaviour you want (selecting a contact or
account on a quote for instance) but this is coded into special behaviours.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD)
Lead Developer

"professorFrink" wrote:

> I have created a custom entity that I would like to setup a M-1 relationship
> between multiple possible entity types.
>
> So, I want my custom entity to be able to be related to one account,
> contact, or opportunity (for example).  And this record should be available
> on the custom entity form as a lookup (a lookup that accepts multiple record
> types).  Similar to a "customer" field on a service case that allows for a
> customer or account.
>
> How (or really can I) could I do this?

How to customize Microsoft Money
Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? Thanks, Luca See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10. "lalberti" <lalberti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:998312B8-2928-4C61-98F7-F20F38822EF7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to programmatically customize Microsoft Money? ...

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Using the SDK to update customized fields
The SDK provides references to the XSD schema that can be used for writing CREATE or UPDATE statements. How do you go about updating a custom field that you've added to an entity. Specifically, we add a field to the INCIDENT entity using the DEPLOYMENT manager etc. How can i create my XML - what's the tag that I need to use in order to update the custom field (call it testfield - CFStestfield) does the XSD get updated automatically? Is there anyway to do this?? Thanks. Nick Nick, All you need to do is add the appropriate element to the XML. In your example, it would be CFStestf...

Multiple email accounts #15
I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that won't show. -- Mrnbooc "mrnbooc" <mrnbooc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D534405-53EF-4231-9FE5-5B13BE4EED94@microsoft.com... >I am tryiing to find out how many email accounts can you setup in > Outlook2007. From what i see you can only have 2. Any more than that > won't > show. > -- > Mrnbooc > > If they are all pop accounts then NONE of them will "show". I'm presuming...

Multiple IIf statements
I'm having trouble placing multiple Include If (IIf) statements in a query. There are a number of organisms with full names in our database, I want to pull them but have them all displayed under the most generic of their names. The following statement works fine up until the second IIf. When I add that segment, I get a message saying I there is a syntax error or I have not included enough brackets. Org_1 Change: IIf([Org_1] Like "ESBL*","ESBL",[Org_1]),IIf[Org_1] Like "CR*","Carbapenem",[Org_1]) The mistake is probably obvious, but could so...

2007 Customization
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007. Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ??? I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomiz...

Customer modifier
will customer modifier version 9 (available from 2020software) work on version 8.0 great plains? The only 2020software I have heard of is just information about software, they do not actually sell anything of their own...? www.2020software.com - is this what you mean?? Customer Modifier is a tool you can buy from Microsoft and is part of the Professional Services Tools Library. If you have purchased the tool for version 9.0, they will typically give you the reg. keys for version 8.0 as well (should be for no additional cost, but you'd have to ask). You do have to use the tool...

multiple page banner
Does MS Publisher allow to make banners that are 'double' wide. The ONLY thing I can see is the pages can ONLY be put serially. That is wether in portrait or landscape, the pages in the banner join to extend the length. I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double rowed (2 pages wide). BQ Super_BQ <Super_BQ@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to do a 6 page banner that is only 3 pages long but double > rowed (2 pages wide). You will want to use a custom page size - set the height to the height of two pages min...

Reconcile multiple accounts
I am currently using Money 2004 and have three checking accouts set up in Money but all three are actually one bank account. In an older version of MS Money I could combine multiple account to reconcile as one. Does anyone know if I can do this is Money 2004? If not, I am ready and willing to upgrade to Money Plus Deluxe but want to make sure the combined balancing feature is available before I purchase. Does anyone know if I can do this in Plus Deluxe? Thanks! Really? I don't think this--subaccounts--has EVER been supported by Money. I could be wrong. "jen361" <...

using multiple conditions
I would like to know how to write the syntax to test for 1. age>44 or 2. Seniority is >9 and by determining the answer to that 3. Arsenic exposure >4.9 4. Cadmium exposure >2.4 If 1. is true or 2. true then I need to check 3. and 4. if 1. is true or 2. is true and 3 and 4 are false then ? if 1 or 2 is false and 3 or 4 is false then something else would I use and or /and condition. The way I wrote my syntax the or works but the and does not. Any clues on how to write the syntax to check for all 4 conditions? This is one solution: ="1 is "&...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

SUMIF and multiple criteria
I have a spread sheet with approx 3000 rows of info The columns A and D of information have thee the criteria I would like to use. Column A is a 4-character alpha-numeric field Column D is a Alpha field For each instance of the value in column A which meets the criteria in colum D, I need to SUM column C. Can anyone help? Please show sample of what you need -- Greatly appreciated Eva "UCfts" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with approx 3000 rows of info > > The columns A and D of information have thee the criteria I would like to use. > C...

how do i type roman numerals in publisher
Please can anybody give me the solution as to how i can insert Roman numerals in Publisher? Many thanks Deggers If you want roman numerals for page numbers, go to the first page and on the Insert menu click Section and pick the number format you want. Otherwise IVXLCDM -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. "Deggers" wrote: > Please can anybody give me the solution as to how i can insert Roman numerals > in Publisher? > Many thanks > Deggers Use capital I, V, X, D, M and combinations thereof. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~...

Customer/Vendor Consolidation Messed Up?
GP 10. SP3. Test Environment, pre production upgrade. When I go to Transactions > Customer/Vendor Transactions I get the message: The Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup information is missing or damanged" We don't use this most likely and I get the same error message in v8 sp5 on production. Any clue? What does this do anyway? Allen, Open the Customer/Vendor Consolidation Setup window. (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Customer/Vendor Setup) Then Enter or select a posting or allocation account as the default suspense accou...

Updating the ntext data type in SQL Server from a MFC Application
How would perform this type of update using IADORecordBinding? I have been trying to work with WCHAR, adLongVarWChar and CString. I can declare WCHAR as a static array but this limits the amount of input available. I need something more dynamic. ...

Anti-Virus, FREE with Basis type
Hi: I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there are many sort of problems. What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Spring10 wrote: > Hi: > I installed Norton, however I needed to uninstall it because there > are many sort of problems. > > What or which kind of Anti-Virus, preferrably 'free.' I need only > 'simple/basis' form of Anti-Virus. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. "b...

customer DB email address query
I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers email addresses so I can send one single email to all of them. Does anyone know the best way to do this? Thanks! I have a report for HQ Mgr that will generate a listing of all of your customers within RMS that have an email address assigned. You would use this report (filter so email <> (blank)) then generate and export. Do you have an address where I can send it? -- Jocelyn "zoostation" wrote: > I would like to run a query or chrystal report to pull off all my customers > email addr...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

custom color palette for every new workbook
I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color palette? Best, Vinod On 9 Jul 2004 16:46:34 -0700, one@vinod.org (Vinod) wrote: >I have been changing the color palette for each new workbook. Is it >possible to have Excel start out all new workbooks with my own color >palette? 1/ Create a workbook with the palette that you want. 2/ Save that as a file named Book.xlt (Save As type "Template (*.xlt)") in your xlStart folder, the location of which will vary depending on your version. (J...

Process multiple Vouchers from One customer
Is there a recommended way to process multiple gift vouchers from one customer? Now we process one voucher and put trans. balance on account then process next gift voucher toward reaming trans. balance. Repeat this until balance is cleared. Any suggestions? Dave Dave - in SO manager go to database - tender types - select your gift voucher tender then click properties - check mark "allow multiple entries" so that more than one gift voucher tender can be accepted in the same transaction. I think this is what you're looking for, but if I misunderstood your question, plea...

Allowing PS Remoting into my custom desktop PowerShell hosting app
We want to host the PowerShell runtime in our desktop windows application to give our customers an option to write product extensions and customizations in PowerShell script. WPK seems to make practical the notion of writing even the GUI portions of a desktop product extension in script and that is fantastic. We could create some custom PS providers and cmdlets that exposed key application data and functionality to the script writer. Though the idea of writing extensions to a desktop application in the form of PowerShell script seems compelling, it will only succeed if the cus...

Assigning a default value to a lookup.
I have a client that only has one unit of measure (Each) and would like to have this value set at default when creating new quote and opportunity products. I spent some time looking into this and have not determined how to control lookups at all except clearing them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Wayne. Hi Wayne, It's documented in the CRM SDK: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa681853.aspx -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnw...

MRP
My question refers to the use of multiple sites and how best to manage that when using MRP. We have multiple sites setup with different on-hand quantities. What is the best approach to use with MRP in order for MRP to see that while items may be short in one site they can be moved from another site to satisfy the demand? It appears that the two options we have is to either manage it through exclusions (which could be confusing) or to use multi-bin and set up multiple bins for one site which would actually be representing each of the different sites. Are these the only options or is ...

Autoflow, columns and multiple pages
I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow into the columns but link the columns together for multiple pages? Or is that even possible? Thanks in advance! MV >-----Original Message----- >I'm using Publisher 2000 and here's something I've never been able to >figure out; how do I set up a multiple page document, each page with 2 >columns and copy text so that Publisher will automatically flow int...

Multiple companies / 1 report dictionary / 3 different check stubs
We currently use a modified "Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings" and Employee Checks Stub on Top and Bottom - L" reports to print paychecks/direct deposit statements. We need 3 versions of this modified report because we have three different companies and the checks require 3 different signatures. Other than the different signatures, the report layouts are identical. We use one reports dictionary for all three companies. How best to achieve this? Best regards, Caroline This is what I would try. You have one format for a check and you can export it out from tool...