CTI Integration with Swyx

I'm planning to use Swyx in combination with Microsoft CRM, the Swyx
documentation mentions integration with the normal Outlook client, but what
i want to do is when an incoming call is received on the (siemens) IP Phone
pop-up a (Microsoft CRM) screen where to employee can make notes about the
conversation or when there is no CLI (or a unknown CLI) create a new
contact.

Does anyone know if this is quite basic or will it be very expensive and
cost me about 2 weeks of integration?

0
MB
4/19/2004 8:51:33 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Your right on the money so to speak. i created an integration from Microsoft
CRM to an Altigen PBX using C# in around 64 hours of work. You may want to
check someone has not created the integration already before attempting to
build it.

I think 2 weeks worth of integration would be enough to get a proof of
concept. You will then need more time to refine the solution etc

"MB" <isp (haaltzijnpostopbij) xs4all.nl.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm planning to use Swyx in combination with Microsoft CRM, the Swyx
> documentation mentions integration with the normal Outlook client, but
what
> i want to do is when an incoming call is received on the (siemens) IP
Phone
> pop-up a (Microsoft CRM) screen where to employee can make notes about the
> conversation or when there is no CLI (or a unknown CLI) create a new
> contact.
>
> Does anyone know if this is quite basic or will it be very expensive and
> cost me about 2 weeks of integration?

0
John
4/20/2004 7:58:37 PM
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:51:33 +0200, "MB" <isp (haaltzijnpostopbij)
xs4all.nl.invalid> wrote:

>I'm planning to use Swyx in combination with Microsoft CRM, the Swyx
>documentation mentions integration with the normal Outlook client, but what
>i want to do is when an incoming call is received on the (siemens) IP Phone
>pop-up a (Microsoft CRM) screen where to employee can make notes about the
>conversation or when there is no CLI (or a unknown CLI) create a new
>contact.
>
>Does anyone know if this is quite basic or will it be very expensive and
>cost me about 2 weeks of integration?

MB,

Did you manage to get the integration with Swyx working and did you
use the Swyx SDK or the TAPI interface?

Julian
0
Julian
7/18/2004 8:30:02 AM
Julian Sharp <news@nospam.sharpuk.f9.co.uk> wrote in message news:<m5dkf0p9ce8dnta6mtli1s0q4qf78lmf7u@4ax.com>...
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:51:33 +0200, "MB" <isp (haaltzijnpostopbij)
> xs4all.nl.invalid> wrote:
>
> >I'm planning to use Swyx in combination with Microsoft CRM, the Swyx
> >documentation mentions integration with the normal Outlook client, but what
> >i want to do is when an incoming call is received on the (siemens) IP Phone
> >pop-up a (Microsoft CRM) screen where to employee can make notes about the
> >conversation or when there is no CLI (or a unknown CLI) create a new
> >contact.
> >
> >Does anyone know if this is quite basic or will it be very expensive and
> >cost me about 2 weeks of integration?
> >

> MB,
>
> Did you manage to get the integration with Swyx working and did you
> use the Swyx SDK or the TAPI interface?
>
> Julian

MB,

Bel ons eens op. Wij ontwikkelingen koppelingen gratis indien
gerenomeerde pakketten gebruikt worden icm Swyx. 010-2849459
0
alexander

Integration to Dynamics GP
Has anyone come across integration requirements between EPM and GP? Has anyone come across a connector? ...

Help reg integrating VC ++ with Flash #2
hi, I am doing a dialog based app USING MFC. I need to interact with the fron end with Flash. Can anybody help me in this regard? The flow of app is ..... Create a Dialog based app Insert a Flash based control. Insert a Flash based list box and insert the values. When I click or select the values from the Flash controls,the values selected from List box should be caught by MY Dialog. Regards ...

Many to Many Data Integrity (Alway confuse myself)
OK, thanks in advance. I always screw this up so here it goes: Three tables: Line, Part, LinetoPart I could set these tables up differently, but Part A can be ran on Line1, 2, or 3. LinetoParts has autonumber pkLinetoPart, fkLine, and fkPart. So how do I keep the many table from duplicating say an entry stating that Part A to Line 1? Am I missing the boat here? In the LinetoParts pkParts can duplicate and pkLine can duplicate, but I don't want a duplicate record with the same pkPart and pkLine. *Relationship Algebra why do you plague me so?* At the nuts and bolts level, wh...

CRM 3.0 integration with Great Plains
Anyone know when this will be available? Last I heard it should be out in March. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Pete Grare" <PeteGrare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F092BA97-7171-4091-962F-71EAFA0EEA1E@microsoft.com... Anyone know when this will be available? ...

payables integration
We are using GP 10.0 and have set up the payables inegration for our payroll taxes and benfits. I am having a issue trying to split out the fed wh and fica taxes. Right now we have them all going to one vendor and I would like to be able to have the fed wh go to one vendor and the fica to another so that we can relieve the correct payables without having to manually go into the ap batch and change each ap voucher. I have tried using the payables intergration but it will not let me set up the fica code with a different vendor and if I use a different vendor it wants me to assign an e...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

Integration Manager
We have recently installed GP10 Integration Manager with SP1. We have both financials and distributions, however after install we are missing the POP destination adapter and therefore cannot create or run any POP integrations? Has anyone seen this or have a solution? As far as I know, both the SQL Optimized Adapter (which is where the PO import was housed) and the Direct-to-Table adapters are no longer available. The 'e-connect' adapter did not include all of the destinations of the old SQL Optimized adapter. So in short, the POP import hasn't been replaced. If it has ...

Integration help required.
hi, i am working in ASP.net. i have following ways in mind to integrate my web application with Microsoft Great plains. 1- Customize code to Directly approach SQL server tables for fetching and updating data. 2- Using some available API. (found in discussion about eConnect. needs to know more documentation or help) 3- Using Biztalk 2004. i need to create clients, invoices, receipts, A/Rs and A/Ps. i need to update Receipts as well. all these actions occur at my end but i need to update them in parallel in account part of GP. Please advice. I am in the midst of building the same thin...

Vendor Integration #2
Hello, I am using Integration Manager to upload Vendors to a new company in GP, but I receive an error saying that Integration failed because 'The default Tax Schedule ID assigned to Class ID was overwritten by the mapped Tax Schedule ID' and that is what I want because our vendors have different tax schedules. Could someone tell me how I can avoid this error and have correct taxes uploaded to vendor cards. -- Thanks, Irina Check to see if your vendor class has a tax schedule associated with it. If it does... remove it and then launch the integration. "Irina" wrot...

New Website Comparing POS Integration Solutions
Hey guys, We recently launched a new Website (http:// poswebstoreintegrations.com) that compares various POS Webstore integration and eCommerce solutions. We hope that the site can provide new insight into these solutions. In our first post, we compared Nitrosell with Kosmos Central. Please provide any feedback on our comparison. If you want to provide some additional comparisons between the two, or with a new solution, please feel free to do so. Thanks! POS Webstore Integrations Staff On Jul 8, 4:29=A0pm, POS Webstore Integrations <poswebstoreintegrati...@gmail.com> wrote: > He...

Applicant front-end/integration?
I have a customer who would like to implement a kiosk where applicants could initially complete the application online. They don't need anything fancy and already own GP HR and Payroll. They would really like to be able to eliminate their paper application by providing applicants with an online form (3rd party or build with InfoPath?) that they could then import into GP HR. Any recommendations? ...

Integration
Hi Guys, This time it's urgent n TOUGH one.... i have 3 modules developed 2 in vc++ 6.0 1 in vc++.net (2003) i have to integrate all 3 in one in either one. Modules of 6.0 are not running in Dot Net n Dot Net module is also not running in vc 6.0 n i need to integrate all in 1. HOW ? PLZ dont say not POSSIBLE. For example 1 module which is in vc 6.0 i am using fstream.h which .net does not support n in module which is developed in .net i've used "Process Class" which vc 6.0 does not support........ So .. what could be dont? You guys have to help me. Do Reply Parijat. "P...

Fixed Asset
I am trying to run an integration using Integration Manager to import fixed asset records, but I am running into the following error: Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.IMGPeConnect.eConnectObjectManager.UpdateObject Status Code: 0xC0040010 (-1073479664) Log Text: DOC 1 ERROR: eConnect document error. Thanks, Craig First of all, verify that the eConnect adapter is reading the entire import file...in the IM results window, scroll down and make sure it sees all the records in the file (it will tell you how many records it found). Assuming the entire file is read, you know ...

Manual Payments Integration
Hi I would like to import Manual payments, but Integration manager is not allowing me to do it. I can import Payable Vouchers but not individual manual payments. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Thanks You could use the direct to table integration and build your own connectors. You need to be sure to have the business logic correct as there is no validation in this method -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "...

OWA, Integrated Windows Authentication, and the default domain
Hi there! I'm having a strange issue and I thought I'd post about it and see what the community thinks. History: I've recently installed a new Exchange 2003 server in the org, and have migrated all user mailboxes to the new server. In addition to moving the mailboxes, I've also redirected OWA and OMA traffic to the new server as well. The Issue: When OWA was located on the old server, users were not required to prefix their login name with <domain name>\<username> and on the new server they are required to. What I've Tried: -Setting the default domain to &q...

Commission entry through SOP Integration erroring out in GP 8.0 #2
(I am reposting this question since I did not post the original under my registered MSDN email. Sorry for the inconvience...) I am having a problem entering commissions through our SOP integration. It started occurring when we upgraded to GP 8.0 and when we created a new integration that uses the "Great Plains 8.0\Sales Order Processing\Sales Transaction" destination as opposed to the v7.5 destination. I have narrowed the problem down to a dialog box which appears after adding a salesperson commission. I don’t remember seeing this dialog in version 7.5. After you add a sales...

Integration Manager and Analytical Accounting #2
Are there any plans to allow for the integration of AA information similar to, or better than, that allowed for MDA info? It would be very helpful especially considering many business use IM for uploading things like payroll entries. It is very inconvenient to have to put the entry in manually to get the AA info added or edit the journal entries after the fact, espeicially if the AA module is looking to replace things like the department segment in the Chart of Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

MSCRM to GP Integration Install problem
Hi I am having a problem installing the MSCRM / Great Plains integration. When going through the install, at the screen where you specify the security account and servers I get the following message: "Either the CRM Server you have specified is not a valid CRM Server,you entered an invalid Username and Password, or the Password you entered is blank, which is not supported. Please specify a valid CRM Server and/or check the Username and Password." The Integration user that I am entering in here is a domain user with a password and has been set up in MSCRM and given a lic...

Integration Create date and Created by
Hi, Is there a way to see when an integration was created and who created it? Thanks. Are you referring to an actual integration in Integration Manager, or are you referring to when a record was integrated into GP? In the former, there is no where to track this information. You can perhaps use the IM description field to capture some of it, but that's definately a stretch. In the latter, very few transactions and master records track the person who created it and the creation date. Nonetheless, if you enable the Audit Trails module, you shoud obtain detailed information for rec...

Posting from integration manager object
Hello there I am new to integration manager and I need to bring in a file with transactions into an account but I am wondering if I can automatically post from the integration manager object. any suggestions ? cheers ! no, you will have to post from within GP HS "Simo Sentissi" <msentissi@rightnow.com> wrote in message news:%23hnYs$kBGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... : Hello there : : I am new to integration manager and I need to bring in a file with : transactions into an account but I am wondering if I can automatically post : from the integration manager object. :...

PO Integration via IM
Hello, Need advise urgently.... I have a users requisitions in EXCEL that I need to import into GP as Purchase Order. I am using Integration Manager POP transaction to import. My PO has both local and foreign currency. I find that there isn't a currency field I can use. Does in mean that integrating PO via IM can only be done for functional currency? Any other options I can use? Is there any 3rd party products or other partners who had done some simple customization for this integration that can be shared? Kindly advise. May ...

Does the Retail Management System integrate with SBA inventory?
Does the Retail Management System draw inventory from SBA? If so, are items issued from the SBA inventory to RMS or does RMS dynamically use the SBA inventory? ...

Bank Reconciliation Integration Problem #2
We are receiving "No Matching Transaction found for Transaction Number" warning message during a bank reconcilliation integration for the XFR type. Have checked that the transaction number is correct in CM20200, and we can clear the XFR types manually. Is this transaction type not allowed for some reason? Or is there some other reason why we get this warning? Scott Here is the response I got from MBS Developer Support: This has been logged as bug 26212: SUMMARY: When running a bank reconcilation integration if one of the transactions is a bank transfer with a type of XF...

Error:Type mismatch in Integration Manager 9.0
One of our customer tried to build a new integration for FA but while adding a new source they are getting the error message "Type mismatch". They are using IM9.0. Error message details: Source:CBOMLib.StandaloneField.SetValue Message:Type mismatch Number:13 I also tried by unregistering the CBOMLibX.dll file and then re-registering again but it doesn't solve the issue. Could anyone of you help me out on this issue. Regards, Radesh Radesh, Check your source data. There is a value in a column that is casing this error since the value is not compatible with the field typ...

Product Integration
Is there a way to integrate Microsoft Word, Outlook, Works and Onenote? A class? Something? The programs are excellent but it would be so much better if they would work with each other, e.g., to do lists, tasks, etc. You can access data from each other using VBA in a quite simple way. But what exactly do you want? Tasks in your Excel-Sheet? Calender items in Word? Edit your Email with Excel? Also you can copy/paste things for example select some items in the list view of Outlook, copy and paste in Excel or into Word. Sadly Excel is not recognizing the data format from Outlook, at le...