crystal report never ends

Hello there!

Have you any idea why a report never ends and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Elena

0
SiEBEN
1/14/2005 3:27:38 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Elena -

Have you modified (added fields) to any of the objects this report queries?
i.e. Added a custom field to accounts - and the accounts report doesn't
finish or times out?

If so --- try opening up the report in CR - and verifying the database... it
was say "The database is now up to date." and then click save.

There are some documents out there in the MBS website if you need help with
the reports - but this may solve your issue.

Kristina

"SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message
> Hello there!
>
> Have you any idea why a report never ends and how to fix it?
>
> Thank you,
> Elena

0
Kristina

C++ MFC reporting
Does anyone know of a reporting package or components available for use from a C++/MFC application that does NOT require COM. I am searching for an alternative to Crystal Reports that we use currently. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Here are a couple of links that may be useful: http://www.livewarepub.com/products2.htm http://www.mpassociates.gr/software/catalog/prog/reportwrite.html Tom "Tony" <tonyng2@spacecommand.net> wrote in message news:escXsPViEHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a reporting package or components available for use fro...

Blank Report Message
I am working with Access 2002 trying to add code to a report when it opens to tell the user when there aren't any records to display. It works fine on a regular report, but I have a report that starts out blank, no query and no fields, but has two subs on it. I needed to do this because of calculations done in the footer on different fields. I have added the following code to the button that opens the report, rptQuestionsOneAndFive. Private Sub Command30_Click() On Error GoTo ErrorOpen DoCmd.OpenReport "rptCalendar", acViewPreview ExitOpen: Exit Sub Error...

Control the number of records shown in a report/subreport.
I've posted this question before and when I follow the advice, I keep getting a circular reference error. So I'm hoping that if I post some more info, I may get insight as to what is going wrong. I have a report (BartS1report) it uses a query (BartS1Report). This report as a subreport (BartS1Sub2) that uses the query (BartS1). The report lists the customer name, address, and systems serviced. The subreport lists the systems serviced. The reports are connected through the Master/Child links Customer ID and the ServiceAddress. When there are more than 20 systems per ...

SSL OWA Front end server and back end server
Hello, i have two exchange servers and i configured one to be a front end server. i created a SSL Certificate on the front end server but i cannot access any of the mailboxes. i created a certificate on the backend server and i could https into the backend just fine. all my mail boxes are on the backend server. Any ideas on what i can do?? Thanks Does it work without SSL? Try to get OWA working without SSL first. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chris" <crockett@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:OEBb...

timecard crystal report
how can i change the week to monday through sunday? i've spent many hours in the timecard crytal report and it keeps coming up sunday - saturday you can't. "cheeseplus" <cheeseplus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A758A72A-2BBD-4DEC-ACD0-9070C3203A41@microsoft.com... > how can i change the week to monday through sunday? > > i've spent many hours in the timecard crytal report and it keeps coming up > sunday - saturday > Cheeseplus, You need to edit several fields: Change WeekEndDate to: {@DateIn} + 8 - DayOfWeek ({@DateIn}) ...

Runtime 2007 error End command
In Access 2007 runtime, I get these unexplained, until now, runtime errors, even though I have error handling. I have just found that the culprit is the End command in my code. As a test, I created a whole new program with just one button with code that says End. Sure as the dickens, in runtime mode, I get a runtime error that cares nothing about error handling. In macro the code runs fine. Convert it to code and dies. I have gotten around it by replacing End with goto XX and then locating xx: just above End Sub. It works, but I am reluctant to issue this until I know wh...

Front-end exchange server
I currently have a client that has exchange 2000 on SBS 2000. We're adding a FE server for OWA. When I add the FE server will all outbound and inbound email be routed through the FE server or will I still need to have port 25 on the SBS server open to the internet? I've been reading the docs on FE servers and can't seem to find the answer to this question. It can be either or. The FE server can act as an SMTP gateway if you want it to. As far as configuration, I don't know if you will be able to specify that all outbound mail go through the FE server. If you have the ...

??? Ctrl Shilft End function is disabled
For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard shortcut. -- Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-) Jaylin *****Jaylin Message ended******* CTRL+Shift+End does not work in Shared Workbooks. Perhaps that is the cause? Jaylin wrote: > For some reason, the Ctrl+shift+end function in my excel is no longer > available. Would appreciate advice how I can reactivate this keyboard > shortcut. Is this done to terminate worksheet re-calculations or to end macros that are running...

combining data into subtotal report
I need to manually enter data under various categories. (i.e. column A will be Job # and the other columns will contain the counts of various supplies), creating a very large running total of jobs and total supplies. It is important to realize that I may enter the same job # with new data more than one time. Now, I understand how to create subtotals of columns, but I was wondering if, once I have sorted data by job #, there is a way to create a fast and easy report that indicates ONLY the column headings and each job's subtotal. I do not want to see the 25 different entries that it ...

Get Report Name
I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple reports to preview. They have the ability to check a box that automatically sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans. What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but selectively send reports to pdf. I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report the user is viewing. Thanks for your help, Jim Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the R...

Budget vs Spending Report
Hello, I am using Money 2005 (Int. trial version). I would like to know how to exclude the transfers from the report. All the movement between the Bank Account and the Credit Card are included and this is not correct. In the report I want to see only the costs by date paid by credit card. Many thanks Luigi On 2005-05-18, Luigi <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to know how to exclude the transfers from the report. > All the movement between the Bank Account and the Credit Card are included > and this is not correct. > In the report I want to see only ...

Adding multiple tables in one report
I am trying to customize the default report Daily Detailed Sales with Tax. What i need to do is add the Tender Type (Credit card / cash / check) as another column in the report. So far i have found out: i need to add a column i need to import the TenderEntry table for the data I need to find out: How to import another table I have tried to import the table using sql UNION function, but that wont work for me either. any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank You Hi ED, The things make sense to me regarding the adding tables and fields which you can do and customized the .grp file. ...

Crystal-Compile Reports
In older versions of Crystal reports, there was a compile reports option. Which created an *.exe file so users could run a crystal report, without having to open it in Report Design mode. (and maybe mess up the design) What replaced this option in V10 or 11 of Crystal? I would like to have users run (refresh) a report without having to be in Crystal Report Designer mode. thanks! -- Doug please try to use Client Distribution Kit in Crystal Report. "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4121D4FC-CD85-4D2A-9A74-A7139C5DC7B7@microsoft.com... &g...

Graphic report in Report writer
Hi, I have modified the Short SOP invoice form to a graphic report. My issue is when I print the report on screen all the fields display correctly as modified. But when printing on paper most of the fields do not display correctly. What I see is that on the place where data should be printed some strange characters are displayed. I tried to print on different printers and different workstations, but still this issue remains. Also at the client site the same issue remains. Does anybody have an idea of how this should be solved? Looking forward for an solution, -- Elaine ...

Date Selection on HR Training Reports
I am implementing Human Resources, Advanced Human Resources and Certifications, Licensing and Training On the standard HR training reports such as Employee Classes, date selection does not work. If I enter a date selection, nothing is printed on the report. Without date selection, everything prints. I found a KB article - 863263 that states this is an issue for V 8.0 but I can't find anything more frequent. This appears to still be an issue. Does anyone have an update or are you experiencing this as well. Thanks Becker, If you are a microsoft partner, You can log into Dynamics GP...

[Fwd: Re: The End Is Near]
FYI <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.office.misc/browse_thread/thread/4a1085031376b996/1c59d0d1d1b6f548?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=The+End+Is+Near#1c59d0d1d1b6f548> Michael wrote: > > ...and if I'd posted this to a forum it never would've been seen. > -- > -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA OR ITS ASSOCIATES B...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Report Writer, which function to convert amount to string ?
In the Report Writer, i need to convert the amount or total amount field content and convert its format and store into the calculated field which is in string format. Please advise me which function I can use to convert it to string and this will then combine/join with other calculated fields (string format). Many Thanks in advance. Hi, in GP Report Writer, you can use the System-Defined Function CUR_STR(). Just pass the any currency field to the function on any calculated field of type string. You can then use concatenate operator to combine this new field with any string f...

SSL
Hi, I finally have a working SBS 2003 SP1 install of CRM3.0 using SSL. I can access reportserver and reportmanager directly, but trying to run the reports through the CRM interface results in 'unable to establish trust' type error (after I turned on error display) I am currently using a private cert (possibly mismatched server name) - I have to accept this condition on initially opening - and wondered if this might be the issue? I saw somewhere that I could say for RS not to check the cert detail - but where please? TIA Chris ...

WBS in Data Analysis or Reports
Is there a way to get the WBS codes into a Data Analysis report? If not, what table/view is the 'WBS' ifield n the Database? This is so that I can create a SQL query to combine the WBS column into a report. Hi Bubba, Please look for TaskOutlineLevel and TaskOutlineNumber fields in MSP_EpmTask_UserView table. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Feb 2, 10:35=A0am, Bubba <Bu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get the WBS codes into a Data Analysis report? > > If not, what tabl...

XP SP 2 slows down Interbase and screwed up some Crystal Report functions.
Hi: Had XP running fine on IBM S-50. Believe SP 1 (Maybe 2). App/interbase worked like a rocket as it did on win2k. XP crashed (blue screen - no recovery) so had to reinstall XP SP2 and all apps. Immediate problems with Interbase horribly slow. Disabled recovery etc. no change. ADODB.Stream disabled. This had created problems with the app on the original installation so that is not the problem. Can't understand what has happened. Second issue: With the new SP 2 installation of XP am getting weird errors with Crystal. Most reports print fine but a few reports not ...

CRM 3.0 Error "HTTP 403 (forbidden)" to open Report
Hi, please help me!!! i am a system administrator but i've this problem: if i open some crm's report (for exemple Account Distribution) i'll have this error page: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.crmcg.it home p...

Back-end mdb and odbc
I have back-end access database that I want to put in secure place. Is odbc a good way to connect to it? How to set it up?-AB- Larry Please explain to me how MSDE 2.0 is LIMITED It's not LIMITED Access MDB is LIMITED to a half dozen users and 25 mb of data -Aaron On Mar 29, 9:33 pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote: > "Agus Budianto" <AgusBudia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > > > I have back-end access database that I want to > > put in secure place. Is odbc a good way to > > connect to it? How to set it ...

Savings balance error in Monthly Report
I don't ususally run the monthly reports, but I did this month and noticed that Money was reporting that I have $158,388.62 in my Savings Account (which it claims earns 5.5%). This is under the heading of "Invest in your Debt". It is of course advising me to use some of that to pay down my current debt. As much as I wish this balance were correct, it ain't. Anyone know where Money gets this number and interest rate? Only thing I can think of is that maybe it's including my House. ...

Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?
Here's the scenario I'm trying to model: 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000. 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs. 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and activate it. 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated. 6. Save and close. 7. Run pipeline Result: Revenue is zero. Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000 I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I acti...