Crystal Report Launch 2

(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!)
Can anyone explain this better?

I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to
be useless:
http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842

can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a
mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen
that url in another browser I get this error:

Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thx,

 Gary

"Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi Steve.
>
> Can you better explain your workaround ?
> After retrieving the invoice number (or the invoiceID) what can I do to
see
> the report related to that invoice ?.
>
> Sebastiano.
>

> <Steve Chambers> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Problem here is that you can only push out the URL as John indicated
> below.
> > You cannot push a parameter to the Crystal report.
> >
> > Even though 1.2 Supports parameterized reports with Crystal 9.0, it is
not
> > possible to push the parameter.  I understand that Microsoft is working
on
> > this problem.
> >
> > In the mean time, we are creating a button that will call a web service
> that
> > will take the Object ID and the GUID and then find the parameters for
the
> > specific report (e.g. Invoice number to print invoices!) and then push
the
> > URL below.  This is a not too brutal work around, but does require some
> > programming.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Steve C.
> >

> > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > message news:O6$Ys362DHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Good question!!!
> > >
> > > and just found out you can. Typically when CRM launches it hides the
> > address
> > > bars etc  unless you have changed a setting in the web.config. When
you
> > run
> > > a report you will see you are opening up a new web browser windows
again
> > > with address bars hidden.
> > >
> > > when the report comes up press f11 and you will see the address bar
> again.
> > >
> > > you will see a url for the report like this
> > >
> > > http://crmservername/reports/viewer/html/viewser.aspx?id=223
> > >

> > > from this you can see you can launch a report one you know its id etc
> > > however crystal 8.5 on crm 1.0 does not support paramaters...crystal 9
> on
> > > crm 1.2 should allow this
> > >

> > > hope this helps
> > >

> > > "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gary
2/11/2004 5:18:21 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In case I wasn't clear enough. Ideally I would like to create button on some
form (for example, Quotes) and have that launch the Quote Report that I've
created with the QuoteID in question as the parameter (filter).

It seems like MS claims this is what is possible, but I can't find a shread
of evidence that can prove this, much less explain how its down.

"Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> (sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!)
> Can anyone explain this better?
>
> I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems
> be useless:

http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842

> can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost
> mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen
> that url in another browser I get this error:
>

> Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> thx,
>
>  Gary
>

> "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Hi Steve.
> >
> > Can you better explain your workaround ?
> > After retrieving the invoice number (or the invoiceID) what can I do to
> see
> > the report related to that invoice ?.
> >
> > Sebastiano.
> >

> > <Steve Chambers> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > > Problem here is that you can only push out the URL as John indicated
> > below.
> > > You cannot push a parameter to the Crystal report.
> > >
> > > Even though 1.2 Supports parameterized reports with Crystal 9.0, it is
> not
> > > possible to push the parameter.  I understand that Microsoft is
working
> on
> > > this problem.
> > >
> > > In the mean time, we are creating a button that will call a web
service
> > that
> > > will take the Object ID and the GUID and then find the parameters for
> the
> > > specific report (e.g. Invoice number to print invoices!) and then push
> the
> > > URL below.  This is a not too brutal work around, but does require
some
> > > programming.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Steve C.
> > >

> > > "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> > > message news:O6$Ys362DHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> > > address
> you
> > > run
> again

> > again.

> > on

0
Gary
2/11/2004 5:27:42 PM
uhm....so ya, if someone knows for a fact that what I want to do is
impossible, then please tell me....

also, maybe this is possible via the SDK? I searched the SDK but found
nothing,....

> In case I wasn't clear enough. Ideally I would like to create button on
some
> form (for example, Quotes) and have that launch the Quote Report that I've
> created with the QuoteID in question as the parameter (filter).
>
> It seems like MS claims this is what is possible, but I can't find a
shread
> of evidence that can prove this, much less explain how its down.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thx,
>  Gary
>
> "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > (sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no
respones!)
> > Can anyone explain this better?
> >
> > I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge
seems
> > be useless:

http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842

> > can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report
(almost
> > mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to
reopen
> > that url in another browser I get this error:
> >

> > Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File
7c433cc1d949d16.rpt.

> > any help would be greatly appreciated
> >
> > thx,
> >
> >  Gary
> >

> > "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message
> > > Hi Steve.
> > >
> > > Can you better explain your workaround ?
> > > After retrieving the invoice number (or the invoiceID) what can I do
> > see
> > > the report related to that invoice ?.
> > >
> > > Sebastiano.
> > >

> > > <Steve Chambers> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > > below.

> > not
> working
> > on

> service
> > > that
> > the
> > the
> some

When
> > you
> > again

> > > again.

> etc
paramaters...crystal
> 9
> > > on

0
Gary
2/11/2004 6:20:34 PM
ooooooooooooooK,....so then for the archives, this is not possible, or at
least not supported by MS

I'll keep at it though, and maybe I'll post my results.....

> uhm....so ya, if someone knows for a fact that what I want to do is
> impossible, then please tell me....
>
> also, maybe this is possible via the SDK? I searched the SDK but found
> nothing,....
>
> -Gary
>

> "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > In case I wasn't clear enough. Ideally I would like to create button on
> some
> > form (for example, Quotes) and have that launch the Quote Report that
I've
> > created with the QuoteID in question as the parameter (filter).
> >
> > It seems like MS claims this is what is possible, but I can't find a
> shread
> > of evidence that can prove this, much less explain how its down.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > thx,
> >  Gary
> >
> > "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > > (sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no
> respones!)
> > > Can anyone explain this better?
> > >
> > > I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge
> seems
> > > be useless:

http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842

> > > can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report
> (almost
> > > mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to
> reopen
> > > that url in another browser I get this error:
> > >

> > > Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File
> 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt.
> > >
> > > any help would be greatly appreciated
> > >
> > > thx,
> > >
> > >  Gary
> > >

> > > "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message

> > > see

> is
> > > not
> > working
> > > on

> > service
> for
> > > the
> push
> > > the
> > some

> in

> the
> When
> > > you
> > > again

> bar

> > etc
> paramaters...crystal
> > 9

0
Gary
2/12/2004 5:03:44 PM
Sorry Gary.
I have the same needing but nobody answer in this newsgroup....
Sebastiano.

"Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> ooooooooooooooK,....so then for the archives, this is not possible, or at
> least not supported by MS
>
> I'll keep at it though, and maybe I'll post my results.....
>
> -Gary
>

> "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > uhm....so ya, if someone knows for a fact that what I want to do is
> > impossible, then please tell me....
> >
> > also, maybe this is possible via the SDK? I searched the SDK but found
> > nothing,....
> >
> > -Gary
> >

> > "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > > In case I wasn't clear enough. Ideally I would like to create button
on
> > some
> > > form (for example, Quotes) and have that launch the Quote Report that
> I've
> > > created with the QuoteID in question as the parameter (filter).
> > >
> > > It seems like MS claims this is what is possible, but I can't find a
> > shread
> > > of evidence that can prove this, much less explain how its down.
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > thx,
> > >  Gary
> > >
> > > "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > respones!)

> > seems

http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842

> > (almost
> > reopen

> > 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt.

> indicated

> it
> > is
> > > working

> > > service
> > for
> > push
> > > some

> wrote
> > in

> > the
> > When
> windows

> > bar

> id
> > > etc
> > paramaters...crystal
> > > 9

0
Sebastiano

Security Patch appears to have broken reports
Hello, I have been trying to trouble shoot a problem with reports in my QA & Cert environments (reports were running as of last Friday in Production). Over the weekend, SQL Security Patch KB948109 was applied to my Production SRS server and now reports do not work in Production. After looking back at our logs, I suspect this is the same problem with QA & Cert. As of this morning (7/28) we cannot pull any reports out of CRM 4.0 (either custom or out of the box) with a SQL 2005 source database and SQL 2005 Reporting Services server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I rea...

DLookup for Report!
I am trying to get the Value of Payable in qryAccountStatus with the same OwnerID On my Report there is a text box with the OwnerID, is this close??? Thanks for any help...........Bob DLookUp("Payable","qryAccountStatus","OwnerID=" & [tbOwnerID]) You need to precede the dLookup() with an = sign in the event property. However, dLookup() and other domain functions should not be used when simple joins will obtain the necessary data. Based on what your dLookup() looks like, you can modify the report's RecordSource query to join to qryAccountStatus a...

Display max and min on bar graph #2
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results of our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I know I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and not have the lines? I hope that makes sense. Add a series for the max and a series for the min. Change the chart type for each series to LINE and change the point display as needed. "SWeyer" <SWeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022A0A3A-C4C9-4700-88F4-DDEFD5...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

Macro help needed... #2
New to VBA, I'm struggling to do the following in a worksheet:- For all the cells in the sheet; Begin. If the cell.interior.colorindex is 1 (black) or 15 (light grey), do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. If the cell value has anything other than 2 or 3 characters or letters, do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. Otherwise, using Select Case, set the background color to an index linked to a particular string in the value, except that if the 2-or-3 character value is not found in the case list, do not change the backgroun...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

Lotus 1-2-3 keyboard commands ("/")
How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") Tools>Options>Transition. Enable the Lotus features. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:25:02 -0700, CyberLogicAL <CyberLogicAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") ...

How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? #2
How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? thanks ...

Deleted messages #2
Hi I had an account set up in outlook express that had about 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my old e-mails. Is there any way to recover the lost messages? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Andrew Andrew Colhoun <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I had an account set up in outlook express that had about > 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I > got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my > old e-mails. Is there any wa...

Change date format #2
I have a column in excel which outputs the date as: 1/1/2005, I would like the formatting to be as such: 2005-01-01. Ther are no formats built into excel to output the dates like this. Doe anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish the yyyy-mm-dd forma -- gplevriti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gplevritis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39102 Hi Select your cells and press Ctrl-1 Select Custom on the number tab and select a forma...

outlook 2000 and 2003 #2
We are having issues with sending emails from outlook 2003 to outlook 2000. if the email is of any considerable length...when it is sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 the email will not display the full content of the message...any ideas? If i send the same email from my hotmail or another outlook 2000 client to another outlook 2000 client it will dispaly just fine...any help would be greatly appreciated Paul ...

Unable to launch Outlook 2002
When I attempt to launch Outlook, I get the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Could not open item try again." Any ideas as to how I may resolve this issue? Regards. New profile? Detect and Repair? When did this error message start appearing and what did you install/uninstall just prior? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ...

Display Name missing from SMTP header #2
Hi I have an Exchange 5.5 server with SP4. I have created a mailbox on it but every time I send an email message from it using Outlook to someone outside Exchange (using SMTP), the Display name does not get included in the "From:" header. In other words, the recipient of the message sees my SMTP address in the "From:" field but not my display name. I would like them to see the format "Display Name" < mailbox @ domain.com > format. How can I fix this? Am I missing a configuration detail? Thanks, AK Anupam Agarwal <anupamagarwal@hotmail.com> w...

Crystal and subject tree
Hi, I have a subject tree like: Technical .......Database ..........SQL ..........Access .......OS ..........Windows ..........Linux The cases are logged and the subect choosen will be either SQL, ACCESS, Windows or Linux. I want to reports on ALL "Technical" subjects. Is it possible in Crystal to "walk" backu up the subject tree from the case to filter on subject parents of "Technical"? Checking the subject data, it only points to the parent above. If the subject tree is fixed and a defined depth , I'm sure I can do it, however, it the subject tr...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions...

detailed sele report / item Report
I checked all the news group before this posting and could not find my question. I am looking for a detailed item sales report with all items showing only once in a report. Currently when I run my detail item sale report same item shows up again and again. I am looking for a detailed item report where one item shows only once in a report with quantity added togather. Current Example: Detailed item sales report item Look Discription Price QTY Total 111 Marlboro Red 2.00 3 6.00 119 Doral FF KNK 1.50...

Macro for 2 Tables
Hello All I was wondering if it is possible to write a macro for the following situation and if so how? Basically we have 2 tables with various formulas in its cells, each table yields different results based on the formulas. Outside of the tables we have 6 cells which are the end results from the tables. Now the thing is we only want to use one table each time dependent on the results. We want both tables to run but we only want to choose one for the end, so can a macro be written that shows the results of table 1 in the "Results Cells" when clicked and then can be clicked a...

Excel sorting #2
I had a membership list on Access which was converted to Excel. When I try to 'sort' the members by membership numbers all the new members' numbers that have been inputted since the setup of the Excel spreadsheet appear at the top of the list and before the 'old' membership numbers. I need those members correctly sorted into proper numerical order - any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks Juan Kermode Everton FC Supporters Club, Isle of Man branch One of your lists of numbers has probably been put in as text. Excel will sort the numbers first and the...

Scanning opens tender window
Hi, Have you ever encoutered following issue. After upgrading system from version 1.3 to 2.0 there is one problem with some POSes. After scanning good it is not added to list in main window but program works like f12 was pressed and tender window appear. Could you please advice how i may solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Regards, Hi Adam, It is probably your ILC itself that is triggering the calling of the F12. Your scanner is probably set to carriage return, right? What is one of your actual ILC that prompts for the tender screen? -- Jocelyn &quo...

changing axis #2
I'm running excel 2002. I have a 2 axis chart with lines and columns. When I add a new series how do I tell it which axis the series is attached to. It keeps putting them on the lines and I need to add the new series to the columns Hi, I don't think you can control this when adding extra data. Once added right click and use the format to change the axis. Also use the right click to change chart type. Cheers Andy Liz wrote: > I'm running excel 2002. I have a 2 axis chart with lines and columns. When > I add a new series how do I tell it which axis the series is ...

Outlook Launches Windows Installer
I have Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 with service pack 4. When I launch Outlook the Windows Installer also starts. It works to cancel the Windows Installer but this is quite annoying. How can I stop the installer from launching? I tried using Add/Remove software to repair the problem but got the following error: "Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database, ODBC error 6: component not found in the registry. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists & that you can access it." I was able to run Access so chose the "Ignore" Any ideas? ...

Can series 1,2,3 label in data be RE labeled to different text?
I created a chart, a simple 3D chart using the chart wizard. I have 3 columns of information. I have sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. I created this chart and i have 3 data series being presented. Not sure if anyone understands what i am trying to say? I thought saying i had a data series was the best approach to describing my problem in my chart. Well on the right vertical axis i have numbers that the wizard put in for me. They go from zero to 60. The data series is for the sales, shelf utilization, and gross profit. Then to the right of the chart i have labels that say,...

aborted transaction report
Hello! Is there a report that shows aborted transactions? What about a report that shows deleted entries from transactions? Thanks ...

Visual Report Project 2007
How do I create a new report. When I choose New Template and choose the options in the New Temaplte Dialog box, I hit Ok. It immediately generates the view and I can't figure out how to save the template. All of those templates are in a specific directory. You need to find that directory and save the template file to that. Hit Manage Templates to open the folder. On my machine, it looks like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > How do I create a new report. When I choose New Templ...

distribution history detail report
Hello all, Does anyone know if you can add the PO # to the distribution History Detail Report? If so, what table and restrictions? Thanks in advance. ...