Cross Activities

I've been writing my own module for acitivities,..mainly it'll
be the same as the one there is now, but I have a date field included
and its sorted.

So far I've only added this for the Account form. And I just noticed
something odd when I finished today. Earlier this week I first found
out that the activities listed in the Account form include activities
from opportunities that are linked to the account. Great, fine,
whatever. So I need to duplicate this in my modile, right?

This is where it got strange. My code works, theirs doesn't. I noticed
my module was displaying far more acitivities than theirs. I found out
that the default activity list only shows select few opportunity
activities.

Why?! I havn't fully investigated (hey its friday!), but so far I
think it deals with the activitiy type.

In the end my code is pulling ALL opportunity activities, while their
list does not. Crazy stuff.

-Gary

0
Gary
10/3/2003 9:51:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

btw, it has nothing to do with type...........I only thought this because
the accounts I was testing it on didn't have a good variety of activities.

Then I tried it on one that did, and wow was my list much bigger.........

-Gary

"Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> I've been writing my own module for acitivities,..mainly it'll
> be the same as the one there is now, but I have a date field included
> and its sorted.
>
> So far I've only added this for the Account form. And I just noticed
> something odd when I finished today. Earlier this week I first found
> out that the activities listed in the Account form include activities
> from opportunities that are linked to the account. Great, fine,
> whatever. So I need to duplicate this in my modile, right?
>
> This is where it got strange. My code works, theirs doesn't. I noticed
> my module was displaying far more acitivities than theirs. I found out
> that the default activity list only shows select few opportunity
> activities.
>
> Why?! I havn't fully investigated (hey its friday!), but so far I
> think it deals with the activitiy type.
>
> In the end my code is pulling ALL opportunity activities, while their
> list does not. Crazy stuff.
>
> -Gary

0
Gary
10/3/2003 9:56:35 PM
thanks for your input on this. there is room for improvement on the actual
activities window, most people want to see more than a plain list and
it's one of the forms you can't customize.
Did you hear anything about if it is going to be improved in 1.2? (i
guess you looked a bit around before starting coding)
thx leo
 On Fri, 03 Oct 2003
14:56:35 -0700, Gary wrote:

> btw, it has nothing to do with type...........I only thought this because
> the accounts I was testing it on didn't have a good variety of activities.
>
> Then I tried it on one that did, and wow was my list much bigger.........
>
> -Gary
>
> "Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
>> I've been writing my own module for acitivities,..mainly it'll
>> be the same as the one there is now, but I have a date field included
>> and its sorted.
>>
>> So far I've only added this for the Account form. And I just noticed
>> something odd when I finished today. Earlier this week I first found
>> out that the activities listed in the Account form include activities
>> from opportunities that are linked to the account. Great, fine,
>> whatever. So I need to duplicate this in my modile, right?
>>
>> This is where it got strange. My code works, theirs doesn't. I noticed
>> my module was displaying far more acitivities than theirs. I found out
>> that the default activity list only shows select few opportunity
>> activities.
>>
>> Why?! I havn't fully investigated (hey its friday!), but so far I
>> think it deals with the activitiy type.
>>
>> In the end my code is pulling ALL opportunity activities, while their
>> list does not. Crazy stuff.
>>
>> -Gary

0
leo
10/6/2003 8:21:21 AM
I've only heard that you can modify the columns that are displayed, but I
havn't heard anything about modifying the activity form.

But it still leaves the question, what activities are being displayed?
Regardless I'm almost done coding my module and its already better than
their default one. Its more organized and bug free.......

*sigh*

-Gary

"leo" <leo.matter@remove_this.gmx.ch> wrote in message
> thanks for your input on this. there is room for improvement on the actual
> activities window, most people want to see more than a plain list and
> it's one of the forms you can't customize.
> Did you hear anything about if it is going to be improved in 1.2? (i
> guess you looked a bit around before starting coding)
> thx leo
>  On Fri, 03 Oct 2003
> 14:56:35 -0700, Gary wrote:
>
> > btw, it has nothing to do with type...........I only thought this
because
> > the accounts I was testing it on didn't have a good variety of
activities.

> > Then I tried it on one that did, and wow was my list much
bigger.........

> > -Gary
> >
> > "Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message
> >> I've been writing my own module for acitivities,..mainly it'll
> >> be the same as the one there is now, but I have a date field included
> >> and its sorted.
> >>
> >> So far I've only added this for the Account form. And I just noticed
> >> something odd when I finished today. Earlier this week I first found
> >> out that the activities listed in the Account form include activities
> >> from opportunities that are linked to the account. Great, fine,
> >> whatever. So I need to duplicate this in my modile, right?
> >>
> >> This is where it got strange. My code works, theirs doesn't. I noticed
> >> my module was displaying far more acitivities than theirs. I found out
> >> that the default activity list only shows select few opportunity
> >> activities.
> >>
> >> Why?! I havn't fully investigated (hey its friday!), but so far I
> >> think it deals with the activitiy type.
> >>
> >> In the end my code is pulling ALL opportunity activities, while their
> >> list does not. Crazy stuff.
> >>
> >> -Gary

0
Gary

OUTLOOK.exe not activating
Outlook 2000 -email not functioning after uninstalling earthlink program. After reloading Outlook received message: OUTLOOK.LIB.DLL is linked to missing MSO9.DLL.939. Solution? OL2000: Error Message: The Outllib.dll File is Linked to Missing Export Mso9.dll:939 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;269055&Product=out2K How come it can take me less than a minute to find this stuff on the Microsoft Support site but you can't? http://support.microsoft.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the S...

? re: cross-project scheduling technique
Does anyone recommend or has anyone heard of clients exclusively using milestones for the purpose of creating the inter-project dependencies? That is, Milestone A in Project A is a predecessor to Milestone B in Project B? I can see how it would provide the ability to slip in addition tasks either before Milestone A or after Milestone B without impacting the connection, but it seems to me that it would create a plan that is rather difficult to read and interpret. I=92d be curious about everyone's thoughts on this and whether or not you would prescribe it (or a modified version o...

Tracking user activities for publications
I am sending a newsletter using publisher. The main page includes headlines and links to the main site. I would like those links to include the email and the article number that the users are interested in. When the user click the on those the information would be stored in a database. Is inserting the numbers in the hyperlinks possible using publisher. I am palnning on using ASP pages on my web site. Is there is an easier way to do it only with publisher. Thanks Regards T ...

Case Activities
Can anyone tell me how we can get an activity to show up in the Activity area of a case? When we create a new activity within a case it links to the contact or account by default. We want our activities that are created within the case to be linked to the case so that when we have the case open we can easily click on the Activities and all related activities pertaining to that particular case are right there. Instead, we are having to get out of the case and go to the Account and find them there. Very unproductive and doesn't make a lot of sense. Are we missing something? Hi...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Office XP Pro not activated
I have had a copy of Office on my PC for years, know everytime I use the product it comes up and says that "this product has not been activated" it gives me 2 choices, 1 activate or 2 reminde me... I choose option 1 and it states that the product is already activated... So what gives? How to make this annoying message go away? TIA ...

NOT starting new activities on certain days of the week
Hi, I am working on a schedule that is based on 7 days a week working, however, I do not want new activities to start on a Saturday or Sunday and default to start on a Monday. (Though activities can start on Tuesday, Wednesday, etc just not the week-end). Once started activities will continue through the week-end. Is there a relatively straight forward way to do this without writing a VBA to handle it? (I'm against the clock on this one) Thanks Tooky Easiest way is to just have a calendar without working days on Saturday & Sunday. Create milestones prior to ...

Exchange 2000/Active Directory name change problem with OWA
I had to change a user's last name to reflect her new married name in Exchange and Active Directory. I have done this a few times and change it everywhere. The problem is since I have changed her name she can no longer log into OWA. Any ideas ? Thanks ...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Cross corporation meeting invites
Hi Got a little query regarding sending meeting requests from one company to another. The example: Corporation A has a user who needs to invite someone from Corp B to a meeting. He sets up a standard meeting invite and sends. The question: Should the user in Corp B see the standard Accept/Tentative/Decline options as currently these messages appear to be delivered as standard mail messages and have regular Reply/Reply-All/Forward options. I'm not certain whether SMTP can actually translate this or whether it's normal behaviour. I also don't know whether this is an outlook ...

how to create and schedule a re-occuring Activity
Hi We have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 and I would like to know how I can schedule an Activity so that it will apear in CRM calendar for multiple days. Right now when I create an activity I can schedule it for only a single day. Most activities take over serveral days and sometimes several weeks. I would like to schedule the activity for more than one day, and I want the CRM calendar to show that the activity spans more more tahn one day. How do you do this. Hello nitadmin, there is no possibility to create recurring activities in MS CRM. We created a Calendar Add-On "GroupCalend...

Workbook.activate
Hi, This is my VBA Macro: fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Workbooks.Open filename:=fname ' ' Windows("Fichier Exemple.xls").Activate Sheets("Fichier Exemple").Activate How do I re-activate fname ? Thanks, fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Set wb = Workbooks.Open( filename:=fname) ' ' Windows("Fichier Exemple.xls").Activate Sheets("Fichier Exemple").Activate wb.activate -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92E7...

Workflow to create phone call activity stuck on waiting forever #2
Hey all, Trying to do something very simple: when a new contact is created, I want to create a Phone Call record. There are no conditions, just "Create the phone call activity with these parameters". I've tried to invoke it onCreate, as a manual workflow, and as a child workflow, and they all go into the waiting status almost immediately. Typical non-helpful error trapping... I modified the system jobs view to show the error number and description, and I'm getting this: Error number: 2147220970 Message: Workflow paused due to error: Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Ser...

Sales Process
By default, the due dates for all activites in a sales stage are based on the start of the sales stage (i.e. Activity 1 - due in 2 days, etc.). Is there a way to make a later activity's due date be dependent on an earlier activity within the same sales stage (i.e. Activity 2 will be due 2 days after Activity 1 completes). Right now, the only way I can think of doing it is to split the sales stage into two smaller stages. Thanks, Shane ...

Investment Transactions Activity
Under Investment Accounts>Investment Transactions>Activity, there is a drop menu with a variety of items. Where are these defined? If you were just using Investment Transctions screen to update the account balances from time to time, would "Other Expense" be a good 'Activity' to select? Is this like a Category? I can't quite understand where these fit into the bigger picture. Thank you. These tell Money how to treat the entry and are not mutable. The list is what it is. Other Expense is kinda like a category--indeed, I think it is mapped to a Categor...

How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity?
How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity? I would like to create an email campaign activity and change the TO field of the email to be abother name instead of mine I would also like to add attachments I can't find a way to do this Any help is very much appreciated Thank you Stella Hi Stella, There are many ways to send marketing emails from CRM: Quick Campaigns Quick Campaigns with mail merge using Microsoft Word E-mail Campaign Activities E-mail Campaign Activities with mail merge using Microsoft Word Direct e-mail using templates Send a workflow e-mail Integrate...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

CRM user to user email appaers to recipient as closed activity
email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we want it to be open. Noticed same behaviour, is this by design? "Steve" wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. Our MVP says it is a design function. We find it very annoying. "Steve 2 " wrote: > email sent between CRM users is received but as a closed activity when we > want it to be open. See my posts starting 9/27/2006 11:44 a.m. Boolean1 "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Prevent the owner from re-activating a case
Hi, I am trying to prevent the owner of a case from re-activating a closed case. I was thinking of using a workflow that will reassign the case to a manager, thereby changing ownership. However, MS-CRM does not allow me to assign a closed case. is that true that you can not assign a closed case? Is reactivation of a case controlled by the Write Privilege on a case? Also, even if I managed to assign the closed case to the manager, I realized that the previous owner will still be able to reactivate it because the security privilege for the Write Operation must be enabled at BU level so t...

Active Task View under Tasks
Hello. Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of my "Active Tasks" view. It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as the completed tasks (i.e. those that are lined out). Any help would be appreciated. -Lumas >-----Original Message----- >Hello. >Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of >my "Active Tasks" view. > >It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete >but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as t...

Activity History Order Chronologicaly
Is there a way to order the activity history by data and time completed? My users would like to be able to take a look at history and see what was the list activity that they had with an account or contact or lead and continue where they left off, but know it seems like they have to open and close a whole bunch of history to see where they are standing. Thanks. Hi you could use this unsupported work-a-round to add the collom: http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000 010001900} You can see the GUIDs i SavedQueryBase remember this is UNSUPPORTED. or you ...

Loose notes and activities when convertinf Lead???
Hi there. I have done some testing with the conversion of Leads. I see that when converting a lead, none of the notes or activities make it into either the account, contact or opportunity... Is this right? Seems pretty illogical if so... Hank Hank, Yes, that's the way it works. All information, that is stored as note or activity remains with the subject, it is added to and will not be converted. As I have read, in the next version (2.0), things will change on this. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >Hi there. >I have done some testing with the conversion of Leads. >I s...

Provide Complete/Cancel Activity button on More Actions menu
It would be very helpful to complete or cancel multiple activity records at once, rather than the current process of opening individual items and then closing them as either completed or cancelled. This is a big limitation, particularly with workflow-generated activities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

Cross tabulations
How in the world do I get excel to do cross tabulations? Could you explain what you are trying to do? Excel, unlike Access, does not have crosstab queries, etc., although you can reference data in other worksheets/workbooks/databases. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "lostinworksheet FL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b4e01c3d46f$1e1cad00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How in the world do I get excel to do cross tabulations? ...

cross post of excel files .xls~rf54f6e762.tmp
Help! After saving and closing a document, tmp files remain in the folder where the file is saved. They take the form example %Docname%.xls~rf54f6e762.tmp You can delete these files without causing problems, and you can open the document with which they are associated without any problems. Files are being saved to a network drive. Happens with Excel 2000 and Excel XP. Thank you ...