CRM1.2 and Contract Template

Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen
from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New
Contract Template".. Can I customize this form  ?

I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list...

Is this possible and if so how....?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ulrich,
Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the
"Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created,
you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This
field will then show up on every contract irresepctive of the template being
used.
After adding the custom Picklist attribute to the "Contract" entity
To customize the contract form:
MSCRM 1.2 --> Settings --> System Customization --> Contracts --> Customize
form
MSCRM 3.0 --> Settings --> Customization --> Customize Entities -->
Contract --> Forms and Views --> Form

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen
> from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New
> Contract Template".. Can I customize this form  ?
>
> I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list...
>
> Is this possible and if so how....?

0
Manisha
1/18/2006 10:20:33 PM
On the "customize", "Contract form", "Details tag" I have changed the values,
it is not showing under the custom other form. I have republished the entire
crm and done iisrest on the server, but the values on when creating a new
contract template stay on the old initial values

Any further sugesstions o what to do ?

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Ulrich,
> Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the
> "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created,
> you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This
> field will then show up on every contract irresepctive of the template being
> used.
> After adding the custom Picklist attribute to the "Contract" entity
> To customize the contract form:
> MSCRM 1.2 --> Settings --> System Customization --> Contracts --> Customize
> form
> MSCRM 3.0 --> Settings --> Customization --> Customize Entities -->
> Contract --> Forms and Views --> Form
>
> Hope this helps.
> Thanks.
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen
> > from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New
> > Contract Template".. Can I customize this form  ?
> >
> > I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list...
> >
> > Is this possible and if so how....?

Hi Ulrich,
Please help me understand this further. When you click "New Contract", first
CRM shows you a list of available templates to choose from. You select some
template there. Once you select a template, you see a Contract Form. This
form is the one you have customized, correct? And the picklist is not
showing on the Contract? Please clarify whether you're trying to create a
"Contract Template" or "Contract" - they are two different entities.

--

> On the "customize", "Contract form", "Details tag" I have changed the
> values,
> it is not showing under the custom other form. I have republished the
> entire
> crm and done iisrest on the server, but the values on when creating a new
> contract template stay on the old initial values
>
> Any further sugesstions o what to do ?
>
> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ulrich,
>> Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the
>> "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created,
>> you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This
>> field will then show up on every contract irresepctive of the template
>> being
>> used.
>> After adding the custom Picklist attribute to the "Contract" entity
>> To customize the contract form:
>> MSCRM 1.2 --> Settings --> System Customization --> Contracts -->
>> Customize
>> form
>> MSCRM 3.0 --> Settings --> Customization --> Customize Entities -->
>> Contract --> Forms and Views --> Form
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
>> Program Manager
>> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All
>> rights
>> reserved.
>> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen
>> > from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New
>> > Contract Template".. Can I customize this form  ?
>> >
>> > I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list...
>> >
>> > Is this possible and if so how....?

0
Manisha
1/19/2006 7:48:37 AM
No it is to setup the templates on the "Home" , "Settings", "template
manager", "contract templates", "New cotract template".... I need to coange
the dropdown box under "responce level" to add my values there.

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Ulrich,
> Please help me understand this further. When you click "New Contract", first
> CRM shows you a list of available templates to choose from. You select some
> template there. Once you select a template, you see a Contract Form. This
> form is the one you have customized, correct? And the picklist is not
> showing on the Contract? Please clarify whether you're trying to create a
> "Contract Template" or "Contract" - they are two different entities.
>
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > On the "customize", "Contract form", "Details tag" I have changed the
> > values,
> > it is not showing under the custom other form. I have republished the
> > entire
> > crm and done iisrest on the server, but the values on when creating a new
> > contract template stay on the old initial values
> >
> > Any further sugesstions o what to do ?
> >
> > "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ulrich,
> >> Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the
> >> "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created,
> >> you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This
> >> field will then show up on every contract irresepctive of the template
> >> being
> >> used.
> >> After adding the custom Picklist attribute to the "Contract" entity
> >> To customize the contract form:
> >> MSCRM 1.2 --> Settings --> System Customization --> Contracts -->
> >> Customize
> >> form
> >> MSCRM 3.0 --> Settings --> Customization --> Customize Entities -->
> >> Contract --> Forms and Views --> Form
> >>
> >> Hope this helps.
> >> Thanks.
> >> --
> >> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> >> Program Manager
> >> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> >> rights.
> >> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All
> >> rights
> >> reserved.
> >> "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Bitmap in Email Template
Does anyone know if a Bitmap or JPEG can be inserted into an Email Template? And how? Thanks Yes, you can. Open the image with IE, copy it and paste into Email template. Bye Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina ...

Saving changes to a previously created template
Hi I am having a frustrating time updating my paperwork to bring it all up to date, please read below. firstly create your would be template save as - name.dot or .dotx then close the template and close word down. open word open the template you just created make changes to template at this point this is where I have a problem! try and save the template with the changes with the same name I get a message saying Word cannot give a document the same name as an open document, Type a different name for the document you want to save. this worked perfectly fine in office 2003...

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Contract Administration/SOP Issue
When the inovoice is transferred to SOP I am not getting the item description to populate correctly. Item number populates the Item description field. It needs to pull the item description from the contract line. I can work around this temporarily by modifying the invoice to print the item description from the item maintenance card. Any suggestions to have the SOP window display properly Accounting , This is how it's supposed to work. If you would enter in the item in sop as the normal item from contract maintenance, you would be selling one of these items from your inventory ...

HTML STATUS BAR #2
At the top of the RMS POS windows there is a status bar which displays my company name and 3 bullet points beneath. What should be display here ? - as even when I have selected an account customer nothing changes (I was expecting to see the account name and telephone number of selected customer) I have searched the forums and found replacement html files but I cannot download any of the samples for amending the status bar as outlook newsreader can only back date to articles from March this year. Also mentioned in past forums it the ability to change the html file used, but this is missi...

Contracts for Account and sub-account
Hi, I don't find how to relate cases of a sub-account to active contract lines of its parent account? Development needed ? Thank you ManU ...

Creating a template using Publisher

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

Issues Template
Hi i have downloaded the issues template to work in a vet office, but am not sure what the Add related issues is for on the Issues details form. i jus want to know what it does and its benefits It's unlikely that you'll get any help that requires anyone to download and analyyse someone else's guickie application. You'd do better to use the sample databases and tools that are provided with Access and ask questions based on them, instead. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Amin" <Amin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B20F4FC-2696-4724-8615-49...

What happened to the padlock icon for my .dot template
I previous upgraded to Word 2007 and cannot figure out how to open a locked document so that I can make changes. HELLLLLLP Please! Go to Office button > Word Options > Customize. Select the category of All Commands. Select the Lock command, and click the Add button in the middle of the dialog. Click OK. The Lock icon will now appear on the Quick Access Toolbar. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Eric Jacobson wrote: > I previo...

Import Templates for Dynamics CRM 3.0
Hi all I am trying to use the standard import file into Leads, and it is coming up with data type not valid, length not valid however I am 100% sure it is correct. Have any of you out there got formatted xls files that have the correct data types. field lengths that we could possibly use as a template to see if it is actually my error? Regards Wayne Lockey ...

Templates #2
I would like to use some of the templates that I found on the main Microsoft site, but I don't know how to import them. Does anyone know how to import templates made for the windows based program so I can use them with office 2004. Thanks in advance. Yah I tried the Mac office website, none of the templates are usable for me. I see some that are on the windows web site and I figured I would tweak them for my use. I will keep at it, none of the newer ones seem to work I get an "in use or invalid document error" when I try to use them. Stuffit will extract the Cab files but Word ...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

Password Security #2
I have one server for DC/DHCP/DNS etc. and one other server for Exchange Enterprise. I am trying to add users/mailboxes to the exchange server and get an error that it does not meet the password security. ie 1 uppercase Letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special char. Where do I change this? I don't need that much security. DG In you default domain GPO, under Computer ConfigurationWindows Settings/Security Settings/Password Policy/Passwords Must meet complexity requirements. You can disable the policy there. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:29:53 -0500, "Dan" <gill_dani...

break links #2
Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to turn off the link. is it possible? thanks George Copy the chart, paste special as an Enhanced Metafile, delete the linked chart. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1556BA0-4291-4359-9D79-0EBD0B136B7D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files? > I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont k...

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

using dates Part 2

bad mail #2
I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I have a feeling that the amount of bad mail is increasing every day. We are small network with one 2003 domain/exchange server and some 10 users. I would say we are "average" mail users and I haven't notice this before until my backup failed several times trying to backup bad mail folder. This was never an issue before. I'm not sure if somebody can advise me on this one, but if somebody has any clue what is the "healthy" amount of bad mail and is there one at all? The badmail folder is normally NDRs that we...

SP 1 & 2 Updates
I noticed that when I installed the SP 1 & 2 Updates, I could no longer get .zip, .doc, .htm, .exe attachments and anything like that (.jpg and .gif are no problem). Is there a way to enable attachments of other types to come through? I would like to install the Updates, but need to be able to receive attachments. Thanks for your help. ...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...