CRM WorkFlow 10-19-07

Hello All,

I have created new custom entity called "Projects" (User Owned).

I am trying to setup workflow where Project automatically gets created when
Opportunity status is equal to WON.

I explored workflow rules but I am unable to find a way to achieve this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunil

0
Sunil
10/19/2007 5:48:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am reasonably sure that you cannot do this within the 3.0 workflow without
using a callout.

But if you can wait a little while it is easy to do in 4.0 without writing
any code.

--
JerryWeinstock
business success powered by technology

"Sunil Chelaramani" <sunil106@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello All,
>
> I have created new custom entity called "Projects" (User Owned).
>
> I am trying to setup workflow where Project automatically gets created
> when Opportunity status is equal to WON.
>
> I explored workflow rules but I am unable to find a way to achieve this.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sunil

0
Jerry
10/19/2007 8:02:04 PM
I dont have CRM infront of me but i believe that you might  be able
to  create project while calling .Net Assembly in workflow.

Or you can goahead with  Opportunity SetState callout

/Aamir

0
Aamir

Crawling CRM Web Site
Is it possible to Crawl a Microsoft CRM Website from Enterprise Search Server by adding the Microsoft CRM website URL as the content source (Web Site Content Source).Is crawling of Microsoft CRM website disabled?I tried adding Microsoft CRM Site as a web content source in Search server and crawl it,but was not successful.The crawler always just crawls the loader page and the Activities page,nothing else.I have used a domain account which is has CRM administrator role for the crawling purpose.Please help me out on this. ...

Distribution Groups #10
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Sp1 We have a distribution group where we only want a few people to be able to send emails to it. How can I prevent other users from accessing it? Thanks. Mitch you can restrict delivery to any distribution list... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "mitch" <mitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E0FBA34-2734-49BF-AAD1-641959BD9613@microsoft.com... > Hi, > We are using Exchange 2003 Sp1 > We have a distribution group where we only want a few people to be able to > send emails to it. How can I prevent other users from access...

excel 03-28-10
when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar is gray & most wont work Forgive me but have you hit the enter key? -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "randall" wrote: > when i type entry, nothing appears in box on spreadsheet.. also the tool bar > is gray & most wont work ...

Dividing All My Spreadsheet Entries By 10
Whenever I enter a figure into a cell in a spreadsheet it automatically divides the number I enterd by 10. How do I stop this please. I have tried re-installing and tried "Detect and Repair" - any idesa please. Hi David! Try: Tools > Options > Edit Remove check from "Fixed decimal places" -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. David, Type 10 in a free cell, go Edit > Copy or Ctl+C, then select the area you want to ...

Reports 05-11-07
I'm not seeing any reports under the reports section in CRM. The reports are on the SRS server, but not showing up in the CRM client. Any suggestions? Figured it out. Needed to re-publish my reports after moving my CRM server. "Travis Callihan" wrote: > I'm not seeing any reports under the reports section in CRM. The reports are > on the SRS server, but not showing up in the CRM client. Any suggestions? ...

Upgrading from Money Premium 06 to Money Home and Business 07
Has anyone had any trouble upgrading from Money Premium 06 to Money Home and Business 07? I'd like to year some feedback before I upgrade. Have done that in the past with other versions with no problem. Note if you go the other way H&B > anything else you will get a nagging message that you are going to lose business functionality. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "SODonahue" <SODonahue@discus...

Using Queue for Internal (CRM) EMails Causes Bounce
Hi All - I have a queue set up to receive incoming emails and it works just fine... the problem is I have an application that sends an email to this same queue and I get the following bounce back - any help would be appreciated! Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Website Visitor: Schedule Audio Conference Sent: 12/27/2004 9:56 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: <email addie> on 12/27/2004 9:56 AM The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fa...

Installing CRM 3.0 Plus Exchange Email Router
Hello, I have an SBS 2003 R2Premium with SQL 2005 Workgroup edition server at our office, there are 5 users. I am looking to install CRM 3.0 plus the Email router on a test box before I commit to installing it on the live system and am finding it difficult to understand fully the options I am presented with during the Iinstall. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction to some guides to installing CRM server with explanations of the options involved. The more relevent reading the better :) Thanks for your time Dave Thank you for your time in answerring :) The links a...

CRM and SQL on separate Servers
What is the recommended configuration for MSCRM and SQL? Is it best to have them on the same server or separated? We were going to move the SQL database to another server dedicated for the CRM SQL DB's. The current server has plenty of horse power dual Xeon 2.8 GHz/2GB/RAID5. It would be moved to a server of the same specs, but single Proc. Sean; The recommended configuration is for SQL to be on a separate server, with MSCRM being on its own web server/s. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the main one is performance. Optimally, the SQL Server would have 3+GB of RAM and th...

how do I stop zoom on mouse scroll in EXCELL office 07?
I used to be able to use the middle "scroll" on my mouse in EXCEL to page down, but now it only zooms! in our out.... I want to page down in the new Office 07. how do I stop it? Go to your Options - General tab and deselect Zoom on roll with IntelliMouse. "MOUSE" wrote: > I used to be able to use the middle "scroll" on my mouse in EXCEL to page > down, but now it only zooms! in our out.... I want to page down in the new > Office 07. how do I stop it? ...

change the language in CRM demo
Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want use it in french)? You need to uninstall the CRM and re-install the appropriate language version. Dave "aidah" <aidah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE15EE69-EA9C-4D47-AA02-ECD2769DE48A@microsoft.com... > Where can I change the language of CRM (I have english version and I want > use > it in french)? As far as I am aware, each edition of CRM is language specific - I think you'll have to uninstall the English version and install the French one. "aidah" ...

Activities and Workflow
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind not allowing activities to trigger workflow rules. I would like to do a couple of things that the designers of the product apparently felt I shouldn't be able to do: 1. Create appointment activities in a workflow rule 2. Create other activities as a result of an (appointment) activity status change. Specifically: a) Automatically send a templated "appointment reminder" email before the appt. b) Automatically send a "thank-you" email after the appt. Does anyone know how these might be accomplished? Thanks! ...

laptop power problem 05-16-10
I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained at 2% and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the screen brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what is going wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result. On 5/16/2010 11:18 AM, dessie wrote: > I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as > if the battery was...

Workflow Manager not running
When I try and run the Workflow Manager from the server, I get and error "Workflow Manager cannot start. This could be because the workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly." The workflow monitor works fine. Checking the eventvwr, under Apps I have the following The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( MSCRMWorkflowService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description...

Installing CRM laptop client on a workgroup laptop
I'm am trying to use CRM 3.0 laptop client on a laptop that is part of a workgroup. The laptop has a network cable connected to it but the laptop is not part of the domain. Outlook 2003 is using RPC over HTTP to connect to the server. The CRM install worked fine but when i open outlook i get an error message stating that “cannot connect to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down” when I click ok on that message I get another error stating that “an error occured loading microsoft crm functionality, try restarting microsoft outlook. contact your system a...

CRM 4 Closed opportunity actual revenue not correct displayed
Hello, When selecting the screen opportunities with closed opportunities the display format of the Actual Revenue is not correct. We run a dutch format setup in with english as language. when opening the screen the actual revenue is correctly displayed IE 88.000 --> 880.000.000,00 Any Ideas Hi, Have you checked your Pricing Decimal Precion under Administration, System Settings? Regards, Donna "W. Groothand" wrote: > Hello, > > When selecting the screen opportunities with closed opportunities the > display format of the Actual Revenue is not correct. We...

Antivirus (Norton) on CRM Server
These days I'd like to add some greater protection behind ISA on the CRM installation, but keep the cost down. Anybody have experience using PC (perferably not expensive server versions) of Antivirus software? I'm using Norton AV 2003 Pro on travling clients. What are tried and recommended choices? Hi Darryl, We use the CA eTrust suite. It's a much better value $ wise than Norton's (eTrust includes an Exchange agent in the base product) and seems to take much less resources on the server. Contact me directly if you need more information on it. Gary P. Gauvin Gauvin Tec...

Workflow
Hi I am creating a basic workflow that, on creation, assigns accounts to a sales territory based upon the first couple of characters in the post code. For instance, if the post code begins with CH, CV, CW etc they should be assigned to the Central territory. My question is if I can add multiple values into the condition or do I need to add a seperate condition for each entry (I have over 200 so I hope I can do the former!). I have tried to seperate the possible values using comma's and semi-colons in the condition but it seems that the workflow see's these as part of the value. Any...

Show workflow diagram in Asp.net
Hi all I have a question about workflow. I want to show workflow diagram in my page and let user to choose order of tasks graphically like Sharepoint. Thanks in advance On Jan 20, 9:22=A0am, "pers" <reza...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a question about workflow. > I want to show workflow diagram in my page and let user =A0to =A0choose o= rder of > tasks graphically =A0like Sharepoint. > > Thanks in advance Few links to commercial products: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/369105/which-asp-net-diagramming-library= -contro...

Follwup calls/events without using workflow
I have been asked to post this message, so please excuse me if it turns out to be obvious..... We, well my colugue, is looking at replacing Goldmine with MS CRM and on first impressions is very excited. They are now looking at the way in which we actually work and this has brought up a few questions, most of which we have solved. The problem we are stuck with is follow up calls. We call a prospect who may or may not be there, we may want to reschedule the call, or if they are in and say to call back in a week, again we want to reschedule the call. It does not seem obvious how we are to do...

CRM Report Names & Locations
It looks like the crystal reports for CRM are stored under the: Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\FileStore\Input\ directory Can anyone tell me if this is where the canned CRM reports are indeed stored (directory) on the server ? Also the file naming conventions. which rpt files correspond to which reports. Thanks Please ignore. Found Report Manager. JRM "JRM" wrote: > It looks like the crystal reports for CRM are stored under the: > > Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\FileStore\Input\ directory > > Can anyone tell me if this is where the canned CRM reports are ...

Problem with scatter chart in 07.
I'm making thrust curves in Excel using scatter charts. I've got tables that have thrust vs speed for each gear. When I limit the data series range to cells with data in them, everything works and each data series has the correct registry vs the x (speed) axis. But now I'm creating a generic spreadsheet where any user could cut and paste data from chassis dynos, so I've changed the tables that get filled out to be longer. I use if(location <> 0, value, "") statements to keep unneeded cells from being filled with zeros, and now all the series get placed on...

Dissapearing CRM.
Hi all, Got a terrible problem, when one of my users types http://crm in IE, window just dissapears...CRM loads for half a second and then the whole window closes. Magic ? Dont think so. First i thought it was pop-up blocker from SP2, or that i have to add CRM to trusted sites, but nope. Doeasnt work. Any ideas ? Sincerely Gregory Get you user to type in http://crm/loader.aspx Regards, Alex "Grzegorz Cyborowski" <grzegorz.cyborowski@computerplus.krakow.pl> wrote in message news:%23meTwcirFHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Got a terrible proble...

CRM 3.0 on 2008 Terminal Server
Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal server? I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the message "Windows 2000 SP4 and above supported" Simon I was under the impression that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server environment. However if you search the blogs, there is plenty of documentation and scripts on how to achieve this. "Simon" wrote: > Has anyone tried to setup CRM 3.0 outlook client on a windows 2008 terminal > server? > > I am using Outlook 2003 and during the install receive the...

CRM 3.0 Multiple Users Config
I have CRM 3.0 with XP/Outlook 2003 clients on my network. Even though we have done the workstation installation, I can't seem to get multiple users to access the same workstation. CRM for Outlook only works with the first installed user. On some discussion threads I have seen the suggestion to install the client under each profile that logs in, but that doesn't seem to work. Since it seems to be within the capabilities of CRM, it would seem like I should be able to do this, but I don't see anything to guide me through it. Any thoughts? -- crmnewbie Depending on which ...