CRM Web

I am hoping that someone can help me.  I have installed Microsoft CRM on a
small business server.  The url to the website is http://crmweb when I enter
the URL, I get a DNS error, Cannot find server or DNS Error.  I checked dns
and also checked IIS.  It all looks good, I am not sure what I did wrong.

Any help would be much appreciated.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

what happens if you do http://localhost or http://localhost:5555
?

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"jaks" <jaks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am hoping that someone can help me.  I have installed Microsoft CRM on a
> small business server.  The url to the website is http://crmweb when I
> enter
> the URL, I get a DNS error, Cannot find server or DNS Error.  I checked
> dns
> and also checked IIS.  It all looks good, I am not sure what I did wrong.
>

> Any help would be much appreciated.

0
John

Newsletters from CRM
How is it possible to select only accounts into a marketing list with advanced find. I can't seem to see the allow bulk email field ? Is there any articles out there on how to create newsletters, how do you do it ? Hi, First you asked how to select only accounts into a marketing list (advanced find). Well, this is how I would approach it: 1. first create the marketing list of type Account, and Save. 2. Next, I would navigate on the Marketing List form to "Marketing List Members". 3. A menu Item button called "Manage Members" should appear, click this butto...

Integrate CRM with word?
One of my colleagues has asked me whether it is possible to integrate CRM with word, to the extent that when they wish to create a letter, the necessary information finds its way to the correct place in a word document. If its possible I'd assume the process to be similar to that exporting to excel - i.e. click on an export button and a letter format with relevant information pops up, to which the body can be added. Is this at all possible? If so do we need to consult someone familiar with the server side and coding, or can it be done via the UI? Thanks in advance Robert Turnbul...

CRM Install 11-26-03
I did a install of CRM 1.0 from my MSDN subscription. unfortunately when I did the install , i didnt notice the licensing requirments Now i want to change the name of the company to match with the MSDn sunscriber... but i dotn find a way.. Any ideas You need to reload as the company name determines both the database names and also the Active Directory OU name "Muru" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766601c3b435$d3ee6bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I did a install of CRM 1.0 from my MSDN subscription. > unfortunately when I did the install , i ...

It takes time to load records in MS CRM Client
HI All, I am facing a serious problem, whenever i access CRM through Client, it takes time to load and after getting records in it, it is not shown properly. Why so??? please help me out. Client is always connected to server, Is there any way to check if it is connected or not. Thanks in Advance. Nitin Verma Nitin, I had the same issue with a client of mine and after working through all of the standard MS suggestions we found that by removing the clients local OST file and recreating it from the exchange server the issue was resolved. MS informed us of 2 items. 1) Having more then 1,000 e...

I cannot access the web via a link in an emil message
When I click on an internet link in a message I'm told the action was cancelled due to restrictions on the computer and to contact system administrator. I'm the only user on the machine and not linked to a network. I am the administrator and this never used to happen. How can I change this to allow access> See this webpage for some possible solutions: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Ieuan" <Ieuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Error in CRM 3.0 trying to access My Work | Activities area
We are having a bit of trouble with one of our user accounts accessing “Workplace | My Work | Activities”. It actually they are getting the "Error: An error has occurred. For more information ..." on this page. Every other page is fine and all other users are good. Only this one user when they try to access their activities. Permissions are not the problem as the user has exactly the same as everyone else. So what else could it be? Any suggestions would be great. I have CRM 3.0 installed on Windows 2003 Enterprise with SQL 2005 Enterprise. Thats it thats all. Thanks. ...

view web pages in outlook
I have outlook 2002 SP1 and trying to view web pages with in the Outlook. For some reason I can view all of the pages but one. It works fine if viewed in Explorer but wont work if assigned to a Public folder as home page. I have created many public folders and and most of them use webpage as home page on our intranet server. This is internet site and it just displays unable to display the folder. Permissions are ok. Any ideas? It works fine on other machines. Exchange is 5.5 SP4 on win2k server. George ...

Faxing from CRM
Can anyone recommend a fax package that would work with CRM? My guess is I have to use some type of fax product that works with Exchange. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. - Jeff We use a fully featured product by Interactive intelligence (www.inin.com) that provides us with our telephony system and Faxing. Through this we can make calls right from CRM as well as fax from CRM. This product though may be alot more than what you are looking for as i think that you are looking for more of a software only based solution. If that is the case you will need a program that installs a fax printe...

CRM Customisation
Hello, I have customised the Contact form by adding some additional fields to the first tab (General). Unfortunately the fields added mean that a scroll bar appears on the right hand side of the form when it opens. Is there any way I can change the default size of the form so that when it opens, all fields are visible? Graeme This can't be done with the standard CRM settings/tools. But an unsupported customization would be to search for the Global.js file in the CRM webdirectory. Edit the file and look for the openStdWin method. In this method the x and y size are set for the dia...

CRM with MSDE, not SQL Server 2000
I seem to be reading some conflicting things. I'm trying to install CRM on windows server 2003. Do I need to use sql server 2000 or can I setup msde to work with it as the CRM database? For the CRM Server, only SQL Server 2000 is supported. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Dr. Silk" wrote: > I seem to be reading some conflicting things. I'm trying to install > CRM on windows server 2003. Do I need to use sql server 2000 or can I > setup msde to work with it as the CRM database? > > And the best way to get that for the smaller offices is v...

CRM tasks in Outlook: how do I stop it?
Every time a activity is created in CRM, a task with reminder is created in my Outlook mailbox. How do I stop CRM from creating tasks in my Outlook? I'm not concerned about tasks that are synchronised/tracked the other way around, from Outlook to CRM. Any advice? Hi, In your Outlook client for CRM. Go to the CRM menu and then click option, you have a option to bring down appointment, tasks into your Outlook. You can uncheck Task from the options and try it. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Sep 13, 6:48 am, JL Steyn <JLSt...@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Multiple CRM installations
My company has a CRM server which is used for testing and carrying out ISV customisations. They also have a CRM server which is used to keep track of the company contacts, leads etc. at present they are in totally different domains however the company is changing to have just one domain. Is it possible to have two completely different CRM installations, (no overlap what soever) in one domain?? TIA Emily Sure... That's no problem. "Emily" wrote: > My company has a CRM server which is used for testing and carrying out ISV > customisations. They also have a CRM serv...

Restrict web access from outlook
I have had to restrict internet access for a user. However, access is still available from the outlook web bar. How can I restrict web / internet access from outlook? Thank you, Barbara How did you restrict internet access in the first place? You could change their IP config so that they don't have a default gateway, or you could use a proxy server, etc.... Barbara I. wrote: > I have had to restrict internet access for a user. However, access is > still available from the outlook web bar. How can I restrict web / > internet access from outlook? > Thank you, > Barbara ...

Creating CRM user
When attempting to create a new CRM user in the user manager wizard, I get the following error after selecting a user from the list of domain users. "You don't have sufficient security privileges to run the user manager wizard." The server is running Windows 2000 server, not 2003 like I have seen on other similar inquiries. Any direction is appreciated. Thanks, I think you need to first liscense the server in deployment manager/liscence manager. Then try to add users in settings through the web interface to verify that you are liscensed and set up properly. BK "A...

CRM 10-09-03
sir, I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how it is going to develop the management people Regards Rajesh For information on Microsoft CRM go to www.microsoft.com/crm "Rajesh" <Rajesh@tvisha.com> wrote in message news:0b9901c38e47$fd9e2d50$a101280a@phx.gbl... > sir, > > I would like to know more about MSCRM?? Basically how > it is going to develop the management people > > > > Regards > Rajesh ...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, One of our users is experiencing a missing toolbar in their CRM Outlook Desktop client for Microsoft CRM 3.0. The main toolbar appears, but the "Track in CRM" toolbar does not appear in the Opened Email View. I have searched the web and the closest thing I can find is this thread posted two years ago to this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/2a2a23357f48a2fe Unfortunately, the solution did not work for me & apparently for others. I have reinstalled, removed and replaced the COM addins, applied Rollups 1,2 & 3,...

GP 10 Web Service - CreateSalesOrder method
I am using the Dynamics GP 10 Web Service, CreateSalesOrder method to create a sales order from my Windows Forms application. I would like to display for the user the Sales Order number that is assigned (automatically) when the order is created. MSDN says the key.id is automatically populated in the SalesOrder class. This may be true, but if so the scope does not extend back to my call because SalesOrder.key.ID is null. The CreateSalesOrder method returns void, so the answer is not there either. I have a kluge answer in which I read the SOP10106 to get back the number of the order just cr...

Crm 3, Active Directory and NT4
Hi, I have an installation of mscrm 3 running in active directory using sql 2005. The users are for the moment running on an NT4 domain. When they access the crm server they are prompted for their active directory login. This is entered by the user and crm wil loads and work correctly. When they try and access any of the reports it displays a big cross with access denied. If the users logs on to http://mysqlserver/reports they can not see any reports. The user is a member of the reportgroup. Crm3 is running on a seperate server to the sql server. Any ideas how to fix it? Chris Hughes ...

CRM Exchang erouter failure
I have 1 user that I cannot deploy router rules for, the error report is below: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentException: Failed to save the rule to the user's mailbox. ---> System.ArgumentException: The parameter is incorrect. at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.RulesWrapper.RulesClass.Update(Int32 reload) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment.RuleDeploymentSession.DeployRule(DirectoryEntry userDirectoryEntry, String crmEmailAddress, Boolean disabledMode) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorDeployment...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...

MS CRM Install & Config Master Certification
I am planning to get the "CRM Installation & Config Master Certification".... I already took the three "base" Certification Exams for CRM...(plus I already have Exam 70-228 on SQL Server) Micrsoft (US Site) states that you need 4 exams (and this would mean I am already certifided right now), but the Italian sub-site says you need 6 exams to get this certification... I alreday wrote to MBS group in order to get a clarification, but no reply until now... Is any of you certified on CRM? if yes, which certification and how many exams did you take??? regards, Antoni...

Converting Access 2k to Web
Hey guys- not sure where this post fits in, so I cc'd a few other groups as well- hope you dont mind... I have someone creating a database for me in Access 2000 (or is it called XP?). When it's all done, I'd like it to be online via the web. Ultimately I'd like just an online database accessed via ASP, PHP, CGI, etc- something (doesn't matter) but where various employees can access the thing from anywhere and do their work. It's been quite a while since I've programmed, and my programmer doesn't know how to make it accessible on the web. How easy/hard is...

Run SSRS stored procedure report from a CRM 2011 for a current record
Hi All, we need to run a SSRS report created via stored procedure for the current record in a custom CRM entity . we completed creating stored procedure , but pre-filtering is not working . when we tried to preview in visual studio it is picking up the lastest record values only . Could any one give some suggestion to resolve this issue ? Thanks, Sandy ...

Money Locks up When Synchroizing with Web
Just installed Money 2004. Went through the set-up process to synchronize with the web and every time I get to the point where Money is going to create the accounts on the web the program stops responding. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Router killed Exchange web access
Hello, Our router appears to be working properly, but for some reason our Exchange web access is gone. Anyone run into this? Any ideas on what may have caused this and how to fix? Thanks Neil ...