CRM Web client times out on laptop users only

We have a small office of 16.  8 of the CRM clients are laptop/notebook users.
On 2 of these, the CRM web clients will time out or shut down for no
apparent reason.  Both of the two notebooks run Win XP, one of them has
service pack 2 and the reccommended patches for CRM installed.

No other users experience this.  Is there a way to find out what is causing
this?
If it were the global timeout value for CRM web (300 seconds - 5 minutes),
would't all machines have the same problem.  The user usually only has
Outlook and CRM open and nothing else.  How best can I debug this problem?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Users can't empty deleted folder from webmail
We're using E2K. A handful of people only get to their email thru webaccess. There are a few of these individuals that cannot delete their deleted items folder while in webmail. What they have to do is click on the deleted items folder, then click on each individual email and delete them that way. But if they try by clicking on the empty deleted items folder icon, they get the following msg, " An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted Item folder". Please advise. Jim ...

CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
Hi! We are using mscrm 1.2 successfully for a while now (no mail router, no outlook client). Now we tried to integrate it into our exchange environment using the outlook client. Online is working fine but the offline functionality isn't working. Obviously the local msde- database is not getting any data. The error message is: "Metadata-Cache error, No entity!" The log says: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E00. Error Message: Exception...

Outlook Web Access "Page cannot be displayed"
I have a relatively new installation of Small Business Server 2003. In the very beginning, OWA worked fine except that port 80 was bein used by another box behind the firewall, so I thought I'd setup OWA t use SSL. That never worked so I gave up on the SSL route and returne IIS' settings to where they were in the beginning, except setting it t port 8000. Now I get "Page connat be displayed" when going t http://servername:8000/exchange. The default web site a http://servername:8000 responds normally from both inside and outside. I've followed Microsoft's knowle...

User define message error!
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Exchange 5.5 Entourage client
We have an Apple user. Apple OS 10.1.3 Entourage Client 10.1.4 We cannot connect this client internally to an Exchange Server 5.5 server. We have an NT 4.0 domain. Thanks, Steve K. What happens when you try? SteveK wrote: > We have an Apple user. > > Apple OS 10.1.3 > Entourage Client 10.1.4 > > We cannot connect this client internally to an Exchange Server 5.5 server. > > We have an NT 4.0 domain. > > Thanks, > > Steve K. The user gets locked out of the domain. Just read on the Microsoft Web Site that you must have at minimal a Windows 2k SP2 A...

Excel Crashes when trying to open a User Form
When I open the workbook and click on the worksheet to open the user form excels stops working. I get Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working and is trying find a solution, but it never does. I have saved it in both 2007 & 2003 versions and both get the same problem. What is odd is if you open the Userform Workbook, then open the VBA code window, both userform versions run fine, but if you do not open the Code window Excel locks up everytime. Here is the code. Sheet 2 Code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

adding 1200 users to employee role
I was wondering if anyone had found an easier way fo adding over 1000 users to the employee role rather than by manual entry. We are using BP basically as an employee portal for our users. We are using Active Directory but when i add users now i have to manually find them, make them an employee in the 1 company (we have 6, but all employees would be brought in under the same company), then I manually have to edit their role to be a user in only the 1 company. Has anyone run into a issue similar to this? I'd hate to have to attempt to do 1200 manually. Any feedback would be greatly a...

Wrong User?
Guys, I'm facing a strange behavior in CRM. When I enter CRM with my account, I'm logged in with "CRM Service Account" user instead, which is the account CRM services are started with. Any idea why doesn't CRM recognize my account? TIA, Andrea "Andrea Cogliati" <AndreaC71@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm facing a strange behavior in CRM. When I enter CRM with my account, I'm > logged in with "CRM Service Account" user instead, which is the account CRM > services are started with. Any idea why doesn't CRM recognize my account? ...

User Defined Function
How can we set descriptions for the arguments in a user defined function? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi maybe the free-addin FUNCUSTOMIZE.DLL is what you're looking for (http://longre.free.fr/english) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hanaahhag wrote: > How can we set descriptions for the arguments in a user defined > function? > > ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com > Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! ...

Checking mail from the web
Hi, I need someone to guide me thru the process of being able to access my OL from the web. I think I need a dyndns account for that? Willing to pay for help. We have a LAN with W2K Server and MS Exchange. Clients are XP Pro. We have cable and a router (Symantec/Nexland VPN 200). Someone did it for me once but the guy is ill and I'd like to have it up and running. ;-) R. R. <no@spam.pls> wrote: > I need someone to guide me thru the process of being able to access > my OL from the web. I think I need a dyndns account for that? Willing > to pay for help. > > We ...

Problem logging in to CRM by a not-Admin user
I am having a problem logging in for certain CRM users. If they don't belong to a local CRM server administrators group, they cannot log in. They get, I believe, 403.1 error. Once added to that local group, they can log in just fine. CRM site is configured as the trusted site to use curent AD username and password. CRM is set to use Windows intergated authentication. I have an open incident with IIS group without much luck. I believe the problem is within a user. Does he (she) have to belong to a special group to gain access to CRM? P.S. Integrated HF is applied. are they using th...

Hq Client crashing
We have RMS 2.0 installed at 21 stores, and our HQ server here at the office. On one of our stores, HQ client does not seem to want to start with windows. When you login to windows, HQ immediately crashes, with the windows error "HQ Client has encountered a problem and needs to close". The techincal details of this error are that HQclient.exe caused an IPF in Kernel.exe. If you reboot, it works fine. If you launch the program manually it works fine. And some days it works fine all on it's own. I have checked security on the program locations, and recre...

email a queue from a user
Is there a way to email a queue from a crm user on the road and have it go to the queue? We have blackberries and would like to email support@ourcompany.com and get it posted there so we can assign it. Andy ...

Sales Allocation over time periods GP v6
Dear Intelligencia, I am trying to identify the tables to read to get the period allocations of an SOP invoiced amount which has been spread over a number of months. Any clues. Many thanks Andrew, I'm not sure I understand your questions as invoices are typically posted to a single day. Are you talking about a sales order that has had several fulfillments and several invoices generated over time? Individual invoice distributions, including history, are found in the SOP10102 table. Multiple invoices from the same order will all share a Master Number. The history invoice headers a...

Can't installt IBF on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name crm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://crm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. but i can access "http://crm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://crm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? ...

Email DomainA/Email DomainB
I have a recipent policy now (Default) that allows everyone to get a email addres user@abc.com and user@efg.com. I want to add another domain; xyz.com but only allow specific users to get those email addresses. The number of users is small enough that I could manually add the email to each user. According to a previous post, I could create a new policy for the new domain (so exchange allows the reciept of the email) and leave it blank, but I wonder if I leave the policy filter "blank", will it create email addresses for all the users automatically, or can I pick and choose b...

used laptops
If you are interested in buying a laptop then you should be aware of the aspects of laptops such as their processor category, the storage capacity, size of the screen as well as battery durability and so on because if you know the importance of these components of laptops then you would be able to make a right choice for you. There are many laptop brands available on market and Sony is one of those famous laptop brands and it is celebrated for its excellence, looks as well as performance. Their laptop models are elegant as well as are a hit among the crowd. The laptops offered by this brand ar...

Question about Outlook client config
I have several thousand Outlook 2003 clients that currently have their "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" set to a local PST. I need a reliable way to force all of these system to deliver to their Exchange mailbox without losing all of the other settings within their Mail profile. I have tried to use a PRF, but the only way that I can get the PRF to force the change from PST to mailbox is to use the "Overwrite existing Exchange settings if an Exchange connection exists," but this seems to "overwrite" too many other options to be a viabl...

Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client)
We recently moved our deployment from one server to another. We were having issues this morning and when I started to look into things like are the services running, I notices two instances of Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service. 1) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service 2) Microsoft CRM Asynchronous Processing Service (client) Does anyone have any idea what the 2nd one is? I've never seen that before. Jim Have you installed microsoft data migration manager ? if i recall my memory the second one is because of data migration manager . ------ Aamir Blog : http://ms...

How large can the MS Money software ITSELF get, over time? (plz re
I've been using MS Money for years. The last time I upgraded it was to Small Business v 2006 as I run a small business from my home office. I have my pers and bus financials on there since the 90's (not sure of very 1st transaction...). Features-wise, there's no reason for me to upgrade or change anything, and, I also on occasion need to view certain Reports which by nature need to include data from old now-closed bank and credit card accounts so I do not want to "archive" anything at all. But.. I'm wondering, how long can this go on? that is, entering financia...

Outlook Client Error #2
I have one user that is receiving the following error after installing the CRM 4.0 Outlook client. "Your server administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously. Try closing messages or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing." This happens after using Outlook for a few minutes. If I remove the client the error will stop appearing. She is using Outlook 2007 on windows XP. I have applied Hotfix kb970944 and all applicable updates to Outlook. The user dose have a large amount of emails in her inbox, but I have other u...

EMail on the web
Hello I am receving allot of spam via email address on our website. How can i prevent people from using the email address on our site to send spam mail to others and also sending spam mail to us. In this day and age - a good Spam Filter is in order. We use ORF at www.vamsoft.com "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0501c4480e$23403910$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am receving allot of spam via email address on our > website. How can i prevent people from using the email > address on our site to send spam mail to others a...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Calculating times
I make spreadsheets for bike rides. I have the itinerary with the departure point, stops along the way and the destination. I cannot get Excel (2003 or 2007) to correctly calculate the times between stops. I'd like to punch in an average speed, then using the distance between stops to calculate the time travelled. ie. Home 0 km 07:00 Tom's 10 km ----- Cafe 5 km ----- ie, it's 10 km to Tom's from my place. Then it's 5 km to the cafe from Tom's. At say, 40 km/h how can I calculate the time of arrival to Tom's, then to the Cafe? And to h...

run time error #3
getting run time error message says closing not naturally Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, PVNM asked: | getting run time error message says closing not naturally ...