CRM V3 localized version

Hi
Does anyone know any info on v3.0 localized versions (to be available in
first quarter 2006)?
I need to know if it will be possible to migrate or redeploy from v3
international edition to v3 localized edition?
Thanks a lot
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM 3.0 demo password
I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or password .... anyone seen this and found an answer Thanks -- Nigel London Same thing happened today for my fresh install. Must have put it in 8 times, then suddenly, it took it. Installed it on another pc with no problem. Go figure. Steve "Nigel" wrote: > I have installed the CRM Demo.vhd launched virtual PC when i get to the log > on screen i use Administrator + pass@word1 and get incorrect username or > password ......

Unable to upgrade to CRM 1.2
Hi, When I am installing CRM 1.2 on a CRM 1.0 server , I get an error saying that 'You may need to reset Crystal Admin passowrd.' or that my system doesnt meet the requirements for 1.2 But I tried to reset the Crystal pw using the tool on 1.2 CD. But it fails with a System.security.exception. Also I have installed SP3 for sql server2000 on my the server. But I am unable to install SP3a as specified in the Imp. guide for 1.2. Do i need to take care of any other issues relatedto upgarding from 1.0 to 1.2 ? Kindly sugest or point me in the right direction or discussion thread. Thank...

How to make the variable created in foreach local?
So if we run: $arr = 1,2,3,4 foreach ($a in $arr) { $a } $a will retain it's last assigned value, in this case 4, in the global scope. How can one make the variable created by the foreach statement local to the foreach loop as it is treated in C#? -- v(^_^)~Clint http://outputredirection.blogspot.com Try: $arr = 1,2,3,4 & {foreach ($a in $arr) { $a }} - Larry On 3/31/2010 12:31 PM, Clint wrote: > So if we run: > > $arr = 1,2,3,4 > foreach ($a in $arr) { $a } > > $a will retain it's last assigned value, in this case 4, in...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

Reassigned CRM Contacts and Outlook
When a CRM contact is reassigned to another user, is there any means of getting it to import into the Outlook Contact list? So far no luck here... The reason that it is an issue is for inclusion on the users Blackberry contact lists. There is no way to export a contact into Outlook's contact folders. The method of making this available to mobile workers that Microsoft has provided is to use Microsoft CRM Mobile for Pocket PC 2003, but this won't do your BlackBerry user any good. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > When a CRM ...

Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0
Hi all Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0 as it errors out saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Here is the event log information. Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId: 01f0210d-6bf6-4c27-8919-00eccab73e2d; SdkMessageProcessingStepId: ab0fa3e5-3ceb-dc11-8840-0003ffbb159c; EntityName: contact; Stage: 50; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn, AlertCRM40Plugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=4406fa73b5445f20; ClassName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn; Exception: Unhandled Exception: System....

restore CRM
we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate the crm with all our previous records? if i reinstall CRM does this mean that any records i previously had (accounts, contacts, etc) will be lost? maria "Maria" wrote: > we had to unistall our crm 3.0 and re-install it. we took backup of the > databases before the re-installation. Can someone tell me how to repopulate > the crm with all our previous records? Just restore the sql databases if you still have the same doma...

Forwarding of locally known recipients
Our current mail path is: Internet--->Linux Gateway/AV--->Mail Router From there mail is delievered to either our Exchange Server for users, or to a Linux mail server for our ticketing system. We want to archive all our email from one location. In this case the Mail Router makes the most sense. The problem is that with our current configuration email from one Exchange user to another never makes it to the Mail Router because the recipient is known locally. Is there a way to force Exchange 2003 to send all outgoing email to a certain host, regardless of the recipient haveing...

French Version of Excel saving CSV Files with a semi-colon
When using a French version of Excel XP I am running into a problem with the save as feature. I am attempting to save a contact list as a comma separated file so users using older versions of office will be able to import the list into outlook. When I try to save the file as a comma separated file it uses a semi-colon instead of a simple comma. I believe this is strictly a language issue and need to know if there is a fix or a setting I can change somewhere. Please help Try changing your windows list separator. windows start button|control panel|regional and language options region...

CRM 3.0
Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO Afraid there is no support for this. Roles are BU specific and they have not provided an import/export tool for this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "WTCSO" <christophe.soyer(antispam)@free.fr> wrote in message news:e5bWF2iNGHA.2472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Hello, Could we export security roles from a CRM 3.0 and use these roles on an other CRM 3.0 ? How can we do it ? Thanks WTCSO ...

Linking directly to CRM
Is there any way to create hyperlinks that will pop up windows pointing to specific instances of CRM entities. Either in Read only or editable form? Not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but... If you open up a contact detail screen in your CRM, and hit F11 on your keyboard, it will reveal the url of that specific screen - it should look similar to this: http://yourservername/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={6505B000-A555-462A-A45A-C907246F55AF} And any user, which appropriate permissions and roles, can use that url to view that specific contact detail record. CRM Security will be respected...

How to upgrade CRM 4.0 Professional to CRM 4.0 Enterprise edition
Hi We have a client who is currently running CRM 4.0 Professional and want to upgrade to CRM 4.0 Enterprise edition. How do we go about upgrading them to CRM 4.0 enterprise? Does application needs to be reinstalled? is is just a license key change? What else is involved? I have been looking for information and could not find it anywhere, so far! Regards, Kyaw Kyaw; It's just a license key change - the code base for Pro and Ent are the same. When you get your Ent key, go into the CRM deployment manager, select your existing license and choose 'upgrade license' from the A...

Rename CRM
Does anyone know of an easy way to rename a CRM server and point it to a new database? ...

Closing Opportunity
I've encountered the following error when i've closed this particular opportunity: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and...

How do you list all the usernames on the local machine ?
Hello, I want to load all the usernames on the local machine into an array How would I go about doing this ? James See if you can use the NetUserEnum() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "james" <moogle33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:20440eea.0406230459.76f81166@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I want to load all the usernames on the local machine into an array > How would I go about doing this ? > > James In article <20440eea.0406230459.76f81166@posting.google.com>, moogle33@hotmail.com says....

Mail in Outllook with picture to CRM
Hi all, I create a mail with a picture in Outlook. (This pricture must not be an attachment) When I promote this mail to CRM I can't see the picture (I see only a red cross) How we can resolve this problem ? thanks for your help WTCSO You should see your picture as an attachment on the email activity in CRM. The 'red cross' issue is a known item that we are looking to improve in a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "wtcso" <wtcso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

RE: user@domain.local
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. Can someone tell me what is and how I got the myusername@mydomain.local in my E-mail Addresses tab in Active Directory? ( my username and mydomain is used for demonstration purposes.) Thank you. DM I presume that your AD domain name is mydomain.local. This means you'll always see that in your recipient policy by default. If you add mydomain.com to your recipient policy & let mailboxes get updated, they'll get myusername (or whatever the default alias is)@mydomain.com - set it as the default in the poli...

Get Windows OS version as string
Hi, How can I retrieve the Windows OS version as string ? I need to present this information in my application GUI. I am familier with the functions that retrieve this information as enum, but I do not want to parse it myself (and need to update the code every time a new OS will be released). In other words, I need the information that presented in "My Computer" -> "Properties" (under "Windows Edition" section). thanks, Yoav. Yoavo wrote: > Hi, > How can I retrieve the Windows OS version as string ? > I need to present this infor...

local tax w & w/o TSA
I need a school tax with TSAs removed and a local tax based on gross wages. But when I mark the deduction as sheltered from local taxes GP (version 9.0) removes the TSA from both the school tax as well as the local tax. Do I have to fake the system and set the school tax up under payroll tax (similar to state taxes) and leave the local where it is? Is there anyother way? Thanks. ...

Addresses in MS CRM
Hi Can anyone shed some light on the use of the addresses for a contact or an account? There seem to be 3 addresses (each comprises 24 fields) within the record, and then a link out to 'More addresses'. When are the internal addresses used? Can I reuse these fields and restrict the user to entering addresses as 'more addresses' without losing functionality? Thanks Gill I believe who you can change the semantic use of this fields without loose functionallity. I used the Street2 and Street3 fields for store other data. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Gill Wa...

CRM 1.2 Mail Router Problem

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Spontaneously Stops Working
Good Evening, I have been having some trouble as of late with Microsoft CRM 3.0. For some reason or another, perhaps after about 24 hours or so of continuous operation, something goes awry on the system and MSCRMServices stops responding. I have led myself to the conclusion that for some reason a DLL is spontaneously unloading or unregistering. The reason that I say this is that when I load the deployment manager after the problem has made itself apparent, only the License Manager node is visible in the navigation tree. Other nodes, such as those that allow me to add new CRM users are gone....

CRM 3.0 SBE for SBS 2003 R2
It is my understanding that CRM SBE was pulled back as there were challenges with its operation on Small Business Server 2003 R2. Has a new version been released? As an Action Pack subscriber is there a way for me to get it? Thanks for the help, I am really looking forward to promoting CRM SBE to my cleints. Regards, Eric Magidson Microsoft has updated the code for CRM so that it is compatible with SBS 2003 R2. The 90-day evaluation that you can download from the URL below is the updated code: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d418781-69ad-422d-92fa-87fdb253...

Ensure User Launches from Local Front End
RE: Access 2003 My application has been split and the front end runs on client PCs with the back end on a LAN file server. Also I have an updater routine that copies an updated client from the LAN file server to the client PCs when needed. I keep the client front end on the LAN server for distribution purposes. The problem is that occasionally, user's get confused and go to the LAN file server and run the application from the front end file that is on the LAN server. I want them to use their client front end on their PC. I plan to add code to check for this (see below). Is t...

CRM Crystal Activity Reports
I have been doing battle with the horrible Crystal Reports integration of CRM for the past 4 months with no break. I have an ActivityBase table with over 117,000 rows and the canned Activity reports in CRM will not run. I have extended timeouts, parameterized, pre-filtered, etc. with no positive results. The bottleneck is in the Crystal/CRM integration, by my performance monitoring. I have hardware far over and above what could possibly be needed, yet running the Crystal Activity reports pegs my CPU usage on my CRM server like mad. (and then dies) I have opened tickets with MSBS w...