CRM V3 localized version

Hi
Does anyone know any info on v3.0 localized versions (to be available in
first quarter 2006)?
I need to know if it will be possible to migrate or redeploy from v3
international edition to v3 localized edition?
Thanks a lot
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #3
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. Raj, i have been looking into that problem myself for one of my clients. When I logged on to our server and imported it and it ran just fine. If i find something i will post it Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com I also had that problem at a client. Microsoft supplied me with three different hot fixes. The deployment was a inplace upgrade from ...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)
I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed. The 8525 uses a Samsung 400MHz processor. Is there a plan in place to test and release on this platform? The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors. The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should work. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A818737C-44F3-4...

Problem Changing from Average Costing to FIFO Perpetual (Version 9
Our company changed our inventory valuation method from FIFO Perpetual to Average Costing. After two months we reverted back to FIFO Perpetual. We now have a problem when we create a new SOP document. The cost that the system is retrieving on the document is the CURRCOST from IV00101, not the STNDCOST as we would expect. We have run the Change valuation method utility and have checked links and reconciled, but this behaviour continues. If we create a new item that have not gone through this FIFO to AVG to FIFO chance cycle it picks up the STNDCOST correctly. Any ideas? Thanks, J...

Trial version 01-12-06
Is there a trial version of MS CRM available? We'd rather not pay for it until we know it works the way we want. Chris, This is the only thing I found. It runs on Virtual PC 2004. If you are not familiar with that, do a little research there. But the bottom line is it works GREAT and gives you a perfect look at the software without messing up your computer settings and registries. I am the type that insists on playing with the software for weeks first. Been burned too many times. This will run for 45 days on the included trial of Virtual PC. If you get the full version of Virtua...

Local Customers in Headquarters
Not all of the local customers are in the Headquarters database. Is there a method of loading the local customers into headquarters. I have tried forcing a change to upload the customer by running the following query at the store location: UPDATE CUSTOMER SET LastUpdated = GetDate(). A 401 was then issued. The local customers still did not show in the Headquarters database. Your help is appreciated. Thanks ...

MS CRM 3.0 + Active Directory
Hi, My computer is a member of a domain. when I try to connect to MS CRM on my web browser client, it ask me username and password.When I write them , i cant connect to CRM.But , i write server admin user and password , I connect. Also, when i try to connect to Server with remote desktop, it accept admin user name and password, but doesnt accept my username and password and gice this error: "To log on to this remote computer you must be granted the allow log on through terminal services right. By default, members of the remote desktop group have this right. If you are not a membe...

CRM 4.0 General Error in the Scheduling Engine when saving Appoint
Hi, I'm receiving General Error in the Scheduling Engine when I try to save an appointment. I noticed that the problem appear when Regarding to a Shared Account. If I unshare the account everything is OK. But I need sharing. I also noticed that if I regard to another account and save the appointment than I can regard to the shared account and it is saved without errors. I look at the trace log and I found: "Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ_PrincipalObjectAccess'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess' ". I also read the foll...

Does CRM 4.0 handle Partner management?
We are a software shop and we are currently using CRM 3.0, with the expectation to upgrade to 4.0 in the very near future. One of our newest directives is to manage our partners, and their accounts using CRM and we are wondering if 4.0 will be better at managing this? I realize this is kind of vague, but its something that the sales staff is asking of me. Microsoft released a CRM accelerator for Partner Management in October. take a look at it here: http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=29990 Hello Rodney, You could be interested in our CRM @Comme...

Upgrading to v3.0 & Utilizing a Test Server
I would like to be able to build a test environment to test upgrade a real copy of our production CRM db (v1.2) and test the upgrade to v3. I know the best way to build a test copy is a clean install of 1.2 and migrate data and import our current schema. But that does not give me my actual db in test, all it gives me is data and schema. I want to be able to have a test db the mirrors production with all the store procedures and triggers we have or may have in place. That way I know really what will happen when I upgrade. Is there a way to do this? I have a second domain that I can use...

CRM Network Solutions
Hi, We are looking to install Microsoft CRM in a business that has two office locations. What would be the networking solutions for this? Does anyone have any network infrastructure examples? Thanks Hi, Are your two offices connected via a VPN? If so, since Microsoft CRM is a web based app, you can install it in one of your offices, and both offices can use internet explorer to access CRM. The actual server hardware will depend on how many users you'll want to serve. For example, in our corporation, most of our users are onsite. However, we do have some remote users,,,we have VPN c...

CRM Error creating new items
Background CRM was working fine then all of a sudden users could not add or view details of leads, opportunities, contacts or accounts. They can however add tasks, fax, phone calls, emails, letters and appointments. When attempting to add a new contact for example (or to view detailed info on that client) I get an error. The error is: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administraotr In the event log I get MSCRM Application Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: ...

CRM 4.0: Problem in running reports from Client computer...
Installing CRM 4.0 Professional Edition. CRM Server Box: CRM 4 Database Server Box: SQL 2005/SP2 + Reporting Services + SRS Data Connector Installation is alright and did not have any problem in that. Reporting Services reports runs ok from IIS Report runs okay when I run report from CRM within CRM Server. However Report do not run when I access CRM from another user computer and attempt to run report from CRM. Looks like a security issue. Can someone from this group put me to the right direction? Thanks a lot in anticipation. Oops! My mistake! It is CRM 4 Enterprise edition and not Profes...

automatic resolving of e-mail addresses to CRM records
Hi, We have a situation here that is pretty dum. When we sent an e-mail through Outlook and save it to CRM, then some contact records are not automatically resolved in the CRM e-mail window so they appear red. We have alle the CRM users, but these users are also in the contactlist. How does the resolving algoritm works? Alle the users have 2 e-mail adresses: a full one and a short one. If I give the system users all the short one and the contacts the full one, does CRM then resolves this... At this moment, one unhappy victim every week resolves all the "red" items... Thanks...

EFS w/ CRM Sales for Outlook
We are implementing EFS (Encrypting File System) on our mobile users' laptops . . . Is it ok to use Windows XP encryption with the Sales for Outlook (client) data files? -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Brandon, the encryption should be transparent to any applications otherwise you would need a new set of apps as well :-) -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23JLGLGiL...

Skipping stages in MS CRM 4.0
Hi! In the What's new-document and in the Customization and Configuration Student Manual for Microsoft CRM 4.0 it's mentioned that one new thing to workflows in the 4.0 version is "SKIPPING OF STAGES". I would like to know how to do this since I cannot find anything like "skip stage" when i create workflow with stages. Thanks for answering! Best Regards, Emil Mattsson Cybernetics Business Solutions Sweden I'm having the same issue. Has anyone figured out how to skip stages in CRM 4.0? "Emil Mattsson" wrote: > Hi! > > In the What&...

Error Going Offline
When in Outlook Client, hit "Go Offline" and get error: An unknown error has ocurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Boolean1 ...

V3.0 Sales Pipeline Report
In V3.0 CRM, the Sales Pipeline report found in the Opportunities area is not reflecting the Sales Stages appropriately. I have used the existing Sales Stage (salesstagecode) field for the Sales Stages. I have about 10 stages. But when I go to the Sales Pipeline report, it is showing ALL my opportunities in the Unspecified sales stage, when that is not true. Any ideas? Is anyone else experiencing this? Amy Hi Amy, You might want to verify that the sales process is selected. Once you run the report, the sales process may be selected in the Sales Pipeline report by clicking on &quo...

Local Admin on Domain Controller?
I've fighting a number of issues related to permissions which require the user to be a member of the local admin group on the exchange server, but in this case the exchange server is a domain controller. Any ideas on what to do here? Thanks! A domain controller doesn't have any local users. If you make your user a member of the domain admins group, then he should have all the necessary permissions... "you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message news:113uhpbtbs4hnb0@news.supernews.com... > I've fighting a number of issues related to pe...

Wierd performance problem with CRM
Hi, I posted this in Deployment a few days ago, but I'm also going to try my luck here! I have a freshly installed Dynamics CRM 3.0 server cluster (using Network Load Balancing), with the following specs: dual 1.6ghz Xeon Quad Core, 4GB ram. Both servers are using Windows 2003 R2 Standard. The problem I am seeing is a 20 - 30 minute wait on accessing either server (directly, or via the NLB IP) via web access (havent tried the outlook client in a while) just to get to the front page. Then, each sub part of CRM (Sales et al) produces a similar, if not worse, lag - and in most cases, it ...

does US English MS CRM work with International English Office?
Is there any one who has this combination up and running? does it work ok? Microsoft says you must have the same language for Office and MS CRM they also say US English is a different language as International English thanks in advance for your reply Leo (Leor@dbs.nl) Dear Leo, Using the same language for Office is not compulsory. If you are using International English crm, you still can use Dutch Office xp. Importing customizations by using the deployment manager, which comes from another language crm system, will demolish your system. After the import, all your label fields will be g...

CRM Outlook Laptop client no longer syncing
I can no long sync my Outlook Laptop Client (OLC)! Help I have always understood my OLC install to have some critical bugs, most noteably the issue with logging off Outlook while CRM is still online (not done often). It always seems to crash coming back into Outlook. There were a couple of times where I felt REAL lucky to get the sync back running at all. Now I am toast, where CRM is NOT FUNCTIONAL at all. Two issues I am battling are: 1. The already flakey OLC will no longer sync, in fact NONE of the CRM menus or Toolbar icons will work. They are displayed like everything is OK but wh...

Dynamics CRM add-on for Departure Control
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a Departure Control Solution (at the air port). I wonder if there is any CRM add-on for this? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you. I don't think so. I'm not an aviation industry expert, but I would have thought that only a small number of airports are replacing their existing departure management software each year. Most CRM partners would only build an industry edition for much larger markets than this. Regards, -- Neil Benson, Customery -- UK online community for CRM customers and partners http://www.customery.co.uk http://twitter.com/ne...

CRM 4.0 Quick Campaign stuck on Status reason pending
When creating a test quick campaign with a marketing list with 1 contact, the quick campaign status never changes from pending. My login account is part of the system administrator role. I have tried setting my account to both email router and direct through outlook crm client. I am able to send direct emails using both email router, and outlook client, but campaigns and quick campaigns never move past pending status. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Carlo I am experiencing the same issue. I am able to send a direct email to a user within CRM, but I cannot send out a ...

CRM 4.0
Is there any way to add a 3rd category to the web dialogue box when closing a Task? At the moment the options are Completed or Cancel. I would like to add a 3rd category of "Not Valid" Many thanks ...