CRM v3 - Laptop client will not go offline

A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going
Offline.  The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was
not installed.  We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML,
reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked.

Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly
installed.  The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled
as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies
that the issue may be User Profile or permissions.  However, all the laptop
clients were installed with valid users who all have the same security role
in the same business unit.

Any ideas out there about what is going on?
--
Carroll Little

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Auto-tracking Outlook Appointments in CRM
Our company uses the Outlook calendar for work scheduling. However, in order for the CRM Planning Module to consider an appointment in the Outlook, it must be tracked in CRM manually. Is there a way to automatically track all Outlook calendar appointments in CRM? Thanks. Hi, The only way to achieve this is to make each appointment linked to something in CRM like a customer or an opportunity or a case. Regards, Peter. -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Thomas H. Bech" wrote: > Our company uses the Outlook calendar for work sche...

from: field won't go away
Hi, I have a problem with my outlook - I have two accounts set up, one is with exchange and the other is with pop3. All of a sudden all of my emails default with the from: field on and filled in with my exchange name. This is a problem because any mail I send through my pop3 account is telling people to reply to my exchange account which I do not want. I can clear out my name there and everything works, but thats a pita, I want that to be off like it was before. I checked my other computer and it works fine, so its something local to my machine. I also tried deleting my email profile and ...

CRM 1.2 update for Action Pack subscribers?
I received CRM v1.0 as a part of the Microsoft Action Pack. I am using Server 2003 and am therefore anticipating CRM v1.2. Will I be able to download the update or will I need to wait for my next Action Pack update to receive it? Michael Carr Michael, I'm not familiar with how Action Pack updates are distributed. Do they typically allow you to download them? If so, then you should be able to get CRM 1.2 from that same location. If you need to wait for an update, then I'm sure that's the way it will work for this. "Michael Carr" <mcarr@umich.edu> wrote i...

CDC pointers
Hi, I am writing a program that uses different threads to handle various painting operations, I wondered if somebody could possible tell me if I create a new thread using AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, &threadparams, ... and then the various options to create it suspended, and then have it resume. What I want to know is, can the threadparams structure include a CDC * that enables the thread to draw to the window, as long as I use a (single) critical section inside threadparams aswell to make sure that no two threads draw to the CDC at once??? If not how can I accomplish the same end? If they c...

CRM and Outlook Contact Sync issues
I have an issue with synchronizing CRM contacts with one user. I've created Marketing lists (Firm Directory, Client list, etc.) that we are syncing with about seven users and do not have any issues, however, with one user I tried to set up today I get "An unknown error occurred while synchronizing data to outlook." Below is a short list of my steps... 01. Installed CRM client and attempted to setup outlook sync with two Marketing Lists, but received the above error. 02. Removed one of the ML's and tried again and it looked as if it was going to sync, but after about ...

Offline Terminal DataBase + Custom Table #2
Hello, I use the terminal database offline withe my POS (rms 1.3R). I create my database with Pos administrator, specifie the server for offline database. When I generate Z report , the database synchronize items and customers. But my problem is : I have a custom Table with Price connected to the Item's table, and this table doesn't synchronize with the offline database. Is it a solution to my problem ? or a tips ? Thanks Sorry for my english. Math HI Math, Off course MS not take care what you have added or deleted your own as this custom table is your own creation so ther...

Set Client Size ?
Hi guys, I basically made a dialog-style application that's not using CDialog, all I do is set these styles for my CMainFrame: dwStyle=WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU; ....and it works great. I would like to set a specific size for the client area and have the whole window sized accordingly. What's the best/proper way to do that ? Thanks, Robert PS - I'm using VC6 (SP5) on XP Pro Take a look at CWnd::CalcWindowRect. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi, I can't figure out how to use that function. I tried this: BOOL CSkeletonApp::InitInstance() {...

CRM hosting for multiple customers
Company A would like to host a CRM 1.2 solution for two separate customer companies, B and C. There are 2 users each from company B and company C. Company A would like to just install one common IIS and one common SQL Server for B and C. The customer environment should of course not be mixed up and both the companies (B+C) should have their own database and CRM configuration. So, is this possible? Person BB from company B logs on via Internet and get access to company B's database and CRM system when person CC from company C does the same, accessing his database at the same time? Coul...

How many tabs are allowed in a Form in CRM
Could someone please tell me, how many tabs are currently allowed witin a CRM form? Thanks 8 "Mon" <Mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D546731E-834B-4925-B5A6-42958AFE571A@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me, how many tabs are currently allowed witin a > CRM > form? > > Thanks ...

Reset Outlook Syncronisation CRM 3.0 / Outlook 2003
During a contact synchronisation I get always "unknown errors" and the enabled sync tracking says that there are items found in the OutlookSync table, even it there wore no contacts syncronized. Because we have tested sync functionality widely with this client, it is possible that this sync data is corrupt respectivel it is from earlier syncronisation. Therefore I think it would be helpful to reset the synchronisation completely. Is this somehow possible? Benno ...

Publisher won't "save as" nor will it insert picture. Help?
I installed MS Office on a new computer. The Publisher program won't allow me to save as nor will it allow me to insert pictures. When I try to do so, the program stalls and I have to end the task. I tried using my old MS Publisher 2003 disk to reinstall but the problem remains. Any suggestions? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "KSal...

Restore CRM instance of SQL?
Hi, I don't believe I actually have to do this, but I scared myself recently. If a terrible mistake is made and hundreds of invoices/accounts/contacts or whatever are deleted, what are the procedures for restoring a previous version of the CRM data? If I had a daily 12:00pm differential backup and a Sunday night full backup, what databases and/or log files would need to be restored if the error/failure occurs at 1:00pm? What processes would need to be stopped/restarted before and after the restore? I will read through the implementation, but I would like to hear from anyone who ...

CRM for Outlook requesting login each time
Hello, Most of the time that I try to access my CRM records from within outlook, I receive a popup login window. It's the standard directory security login, not a CRM login. If I enter my AD credentials, I can access CRM just fine. How can I fix this? I would expect the CRM login to be integrated, but I must have something set wrong somewhere. Thank you! Chester ...

Need Microsoft CRM consultant in California Silicon Valley 11-28-06
Hi, We are looking for an individual Microsoft CRM consultant to help us on MS CRM. We want this person to help us through the issues and new functionality, design reports and so on. Independent MS CRM consultants - please email your resume and contact information to crm-user@hotmail.com Thanks ...

CRM 3.0 Application Passing Score
Hi 1) I want to ask how many question are there in the CRM 3.0 Application Paper and Time 2) What is the passing Percentage 3) Are Microsoft MOCS Good Enough to pass this Paper. 4) Are questions normally tough or simple? Regards ...

CRM Exchange Router: can't received replied email?
Dear CRM Users: I installed CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1, with Exchange 2003 SP1. Everything works to the point where I can send email from CRM to an AD user account (who is not registered in CRM). When I replied the email back using OWA, I can't see the replied email in CRM. Checked the event viewer, no error is logged. Anyone has any idea what is going on? Your help is most appreciated. Regards, Lito Kusnadi CRM router does not support replies from AD users. "Lito Kusnadi" <Lito Kusnadi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA607D99-6AEF-4396-A9A4-390D0CA721...

Hotmail emails no going out
Hello, I have checked the archives of the discussion groups and didn't find anything that could help. I had hotmail emails working for about 2 weeks now it seems I can't send to hotmail accounts. I have checked to make sure wew are not blacklisted any where, I have checked the DNS settings and they seem fine. Every other email goes through except hotmail, so it seems so far. I have checked the connection filtering and added hotmail to be allowed out and in, I even added the IP of hotmail and still this does not work. Any ideas. What happens if you attempt to telnet to a ho...

outlook, rtying to move email from the inbox to a offline folder
i'm trying to move an email from the inbox to an offline folder and i keep getting th error message"item couldn't be moved, cause it was either moved or deleted or access was denied" i get this error message on any email that i try and move to any offline folder, how do i fix this? Billy, It sounds like anti-virus on the server is getting into the picture. 264731 XADM: MAPI-Based Tasks Do Not Work with Virus API Anti-Virus Software http://support.microsoft.com/?id=264731 See if you can change "modes" for your AV to "MAPI" mode. If AV is the problem...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 User Security Roles Problem
Good Morning, Hoping anyone could help. I stupidly removed all of my security roles from my user account and now no matter what account I log into with I cannot assign any roles back to my user account. I previously had the system admin role assigned to myself. I have another account with the sys admin role assigned to it and if I log in with that account I cannot assign any roles to my orignal account. Anyone know a work around? -- Thanks, Mike I assume you were the user who did the original installation? the problem you are seeing might be fixed by kicking the security system...so...

CRM on Win XP
We have a SBS server 2003 as our main Server but can I install the CRMserver on Win XP Proffessional which will be part of our domain wid a valid domain user ! Hi Rick, CRM server cannot be installed on a windows XP client PC. The CRM server should be installed on the server operating system. The sales for outlook client can be installed on Windows XP. You can have more information regarding CRM from this site http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/default.mspx "Rick" wrote: > We have a SBS server 2003 as our main Server > but can I install the...

New Outlook 2002 client...
We have a mixed environment of Windows 98 and Windows XP machines. I have bben told that Outlook 2002 has many patched security holes over the 2000 version. My question is will the new 2002 client run on Windows 98 machines? Thanks, Brad ...

Consuming Axis 1.2 Service with .net vb client
Hi, I have a problem consuming a webservice using a .net client written in vb. I used a wsdl to generate the proxy class and it worked like a charm. Sending requests to the service is not a problem. Even complex custom types are received and processed by the service. When it comes to receive the response from the service, complex types produce an error like: Error in xml document (1,130), which occurs in System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events) bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize...

Rollout Synchronization settings to multiple CRM Laptop users
When a client has many "Offline" users (CRM Laptop Client), it would be nice to be able to rollout the Synchronization "settings" to all of the users without having to login to each of the PC's and set it up individually. -- Keith ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

CRM Client user without local admin rights? 10-21-03
Is it possible to run the CRM client without having to add the user to the local admin group? As 1.0 is now, you have to add the user to the local admin group so you can install the software under their account. Then you have to keep their account a part of this group so MSDE can syncronize correctly (according to MS). Is there a workaround for this? I sure hope there is because I am not crazy about having my users belonging to the local admin group on their machines. Actually, I still have a hard time believing MS designed the client this way since this goes against very common...

Consume a dataset in unmanaged C++ client (MFC)
I'm trying to use a dataset returned from a web service in an unmanaged C++ (MFC) client. The dataset is returned as a BSTR, and I'm having trouble reading the BSTR into an XML document for processing. The data looks correct in the BSTR. Can anyone help point me in the right direction on this? > I'm trying to use a dataset returned from a web service in an unmanaged > C++ > (MFC) client. The dataset is returned as a BSTR, and I'm having trouble > reading the BSTR into an XML document for processing. The data looks > correct > in the BSTR. Can anyon...