CRM usage reports #2

What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like
- which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM
- what are the crm's "most visited" areas
- what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc.
These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades
in advance and things like that

Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something
entirely different?

0
vsiat (3)
4/2/2008 10:34:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I think the CRM IIS log would be the best for your analysis needs.

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Apr 2, 5:34=A0pm, vsiat <vs...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> What would be the best way to generate CRM usage reports, like
> - which users/business units make heavier use of the CRM
> - what are the crm's "most visited" areas
> - what are the peek hours or seasonality patterns in usage, etc.
> These reports could be used to help make decisions about hardware upgrades=

> in advance and things like that
>
> Should these reports be based on IIS logs, SQL Server ones, or something
> entirely different?

0
darrenliu (251)

save as pipe delimited #2
hi, just an appendage: i found another link, which provides a file by Earl which does this. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265998&highlight=pipe+delimited i am not able to figure out where to input the filename for the data t be picked up from. any information regarding this would be helpful. thanks, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

importing statements #2
I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help! Thanks ...

how can i graph with log-log scales? #2
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? AirdromeTom - > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this > possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? < Use an XY (Scatter) chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange integration
We are trying to evaluate Microsoft CRM and have questions about its interoperability with Exchange. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Here are some questions: 1. If a user adds a contact in CRM, will this be added to a contact list in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds a contact in Exchange, can it show up in CRM? 2. If a user adds an appointment in CRM, will this be added to the user's calendar in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds an appointment to their calendar in Exchange, can it show up ...

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

CRM Licence for testing purposes (Technet)
I understand that a Technet license is available for testing and development of CRM by End User Customers. But i sense a catch: How many users can be activated with it? Only one? As MS partner we also have MSDN. And with it comes a 10 user license. I believe the license allows for 100,000 users. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > I understand that a Technet license is available for testing and development > of CRM by End User Customers. &g...

Business Portal Install Error #2
I am installing BP 3 on a GP 9 server which is running Win2k3. SQL 2K is on same server with an instance name (Not a Default server). When I try to install BP I receive a error. Declaring Type : Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.PCITeam.Install.BP.Packager.Packager. Target Site : LoadPackagerComponents Error Summary : Failed Loading Packager Data Element (PD_GP_COMMON) for Install Feature (BusinessPortal). and it was hanged with the following message Please wait while the setup wizard installs Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal. This may take several minutes. Status Loading data 1 of 21 T...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

V10 - Transaction by debtor enquiry report
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, the last digit of the amount is dropped off? This is when printed as A4 - payables is okay going to same printer. Okay when displayed to screen - only lost when actually printed. Thanks Jean -- JB Is the last digit perhaps trying to print outside the 'printable' area of the printer? If you do not use A4 paper does it work? Do you have the A4 module installed? "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, ...

Printing Home Inventory Worksheet Report in Money Deluxe 2005
Can anyone tell me how to print a "home inventory worksheet report" or export it to Excel in Money Deluxe 2005? I have printed this report in the past with Money 2004 Standard, but can't figure out to do so in 2005 and neither can tech support. Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but when I am in the home inventory, I can click file->print (this is deluxe 2005 uk edition) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To...

toolbar macros #2
I've gone through the routine to assign a macro to a toolbar button, even down to getting the option to select the macro, but it isn't permanent. When I click on the button afterwards,I get the same dialog to assign the macro. However, I can permanently assign the same macro to a graphic in the sheet. Second quandary - Can I assign that same macro to a cell which has only text? ...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007 #2
Hi guys, I have been asked to prepare a spreadsheet that uses conditional formatting on another cell. What it needs to do is that is a cell contains a particular value i.e. between 2 and 6 the adjacent cell will turn say blue, but the issue is that there is up to 6 different rules that could be applied to that one cell. All of these rules then need to work for the subsequent entries. If anyone could help me with this issue I would be very grateful. Many Thanks Didi On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 03:10:07 -0700 (PDT), didi <diane.bush@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >Hi guys, > >I have been a...

Excel 2002 error message #2
i am getting the following message in Excel 2002 "an outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-sychronous call". this appears when copying some cells in the spreadsheet. Any ideas? ...

Deply CRM 3 Using SMS 2003 sp2
Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What pitfalls did you see, if any? Just to clarify - CRM v3 Client for Outlook (both the full and the light client) "English Keith" wrote: > Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What > pitfalls did you see, if any? On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:50:19 -0800, English Keith <English Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What >pitfalls did you see, if any? You can't do this and I have...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...

Add custom User Defined Function to Report Writer report
Is it possible to do this? I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring onto a report in GP10's RW. Thanks Les ok.. I think I have learnt since posting that the UDF is a dexterity UDF, not a SQL UDF that Report Writer can reference. If so, forget it.. I'll use a Crystal Report or SQL RS report. Tx Les "LesWright" wrote: > Is it possible to do this? > > I have created a UDF in SQL2005 that returns the value that I want to bring > onto a report in GP10's RW. > > Thanks > > Les You could use VBA to call y...

Printing calendar in report
I am looking at how to print a calendar in a report. I am needing an one year calendar which I can do with by inserting 12 calendar controls and updating the month and year, etc. Is there a way to streamline this operation? 2 other questions concerning the calendar. Is there a way to shorten the DayLength to where only the first letter of the day shows? (ie. S M T W T F S). To get the whole year on the page it needs to be fairly small and the SUN, MON, TUE, etc. all runs together. Jeff On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 02:12:44 GMT, "prairiewind" <u33121@uwe> wrote: >I am looking...

Data migration from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (hosted)
Hi, Does Data Migration Manager support the above? We need to migrate accounts, contacts and related history and activities from ACT! 10 to CRM 4.0 (which will be partner hosted). Thanks. The Data Migration Manager provides out of box maps for ACT 6. But it should be able to migrate records from ACT 10 too. you need to create/update maps for the entities you need to migrate. One good option may be to start with ACT 6 map and add mappings if there is any unmapped entity/attribute. Thanks, Koushik "The Office Guy" <TheOfficeGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

journal of x and z reports
We normally journal our receipts so they are immediately available for electronic reference when a customer wants to do a return or exchange. While this is helpful, we don't feel all that comfortable journaling daily X reports and Z reports. Is it possible to turn the journaling feature off for only these reports? You could probably achieve this by setting up a second receipt template that only has the x/z report chosen then setup a 2nd printer inside the register properties, uncheck 'Journal Receipts' and choose the x/z report receipt template. RMS should only print to the ...

Creating mail usage / history report
Bear with me here. We're running Exchange 2000. I'm being asked to run a report showing a user's e-mail activity for an investigation. I'm able to access this person's mailbox administratively. Is there a way to run a report for each folder that would show the following fields: Date/Time - To - From - Subject - Message size I tried doing a recursive directory of the MBX folder for this person in DOS which will show the following, but they want more detail... Directory of M:\DOMAIN.COM\MBX\jsmith\Sent Items 01/15/2004 09:43a <DIR> . 01/15/2004 ...

Using a form to run a report?
Hi, Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter some "field criterias" and from there run a report. That is, I have already created a report that uses an underlying query, and now I would like to make a form that change some of the queries field criterias and then run the report (using the changed criterias). But I need a kick-start, so any help much appreciated! Kindly, Mikael On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:32:03 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist wrote: > Hi, > > Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter > some &q...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...