CRM SQL error - 175693

When I try to open CRM I get this error message:

Cannot open database "metabase" requested by the login.  The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rick
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Some ideas:

Was it working ok before?
Other users have the same issue? or All users?
Same error if running on the CRM Server? SQL Server?
Anything changed on the SQL Server, AD setting? Network setting?
Try a reboot of the SQL/CRM Servers?

Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
Workopia, Inc.
http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com

"Rick M" wrote:

> When I try to open CRM I get this error message:
>
> Cannot open database "metabase" requested by the login.  The login failed.
> Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
>
> Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
Frank,

Everything was working fine.  Then, at one point, I could not get into add
or edit an attribute.  I got an error - 'Object instance not set to an
instance of an object'

I tried to do a repair and got an error about the faxservice not being
available, or installed, or something.  At that point I rebooted and not have
the problem stated below.

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Some ideas:
>
> Was it working ok before?
> Other users have the same issue? or All users?
> Same error if running on the CRM Server? SQL Server?
> Anything changed on the SQL Server, AD setting? Network setting?
> Try a reboot of the SQL/CRM Servers?
>

> Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Workopia, Inc.
> http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com
>

> "Rick M" wrote:
>
> > When I try to open CRM I get this error message:
> >
> > Cannot open database "metabase" requested by the login.  The login failed.
> > Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
> >
> > Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Rick

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Sent Items CRM 3.0
If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will be saved in the SentItems folder in the Outlook Client. Does anyone now why? Unfortunately it just doesn't do this. The CRM Web application has no knowledge of your Outlook client -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Martin" wrote: > If I am standing on an Account in CRM 3.0 and sending an email to the > account. An activity will be created in the history field but no mail will ...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Budget error in Money 2002
I am experiencing a budget error in Money 2002 for which I can find no Knowledge Base article. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have two annual expenses of $8.50 each for dog licensing. Money somehow absurdly calculates this to be a $9.21 monthly expense, which makes the budget feature, naturally, useless. There is no way to work around it that I can see. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Christa Selig ...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Error Message on Pack and go
Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot write to file%. I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Thanks AJ wrote: > Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot > write to file%. > > I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. > > Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Yes, but you probably aren't hitting it. Are you saving to a network drive or other removeable media? 108MB is rather large for a poster - do you have any par...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

addons CRM
Does anyone have a link or list of recent add-on's for Microsoft CRM? ...

Accepting meeting: Organizer
When trying to accept a meeting it says "you cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item" . I have looked everywhere for this error and cannot find it. Any idea's or input anyone?? Thanks! -C- ...

Outlook 98 Dr.Watson error
Hi, Many users in my organization get Dr.Watson errors on a regular basis when they are using Outlook. They are all running Windows NT4 SP6 with Outlook 98. The errors seem to be the same every time. It is an access violation (exception c0000005) generated by outlook.dbg. I've checked MS Technet and the only relevant article is KB226335, the patch however is not available these days any more. We've tried lots of settings, updates, etc. but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

Workflow Error (Child Workflow added but not visible)
Has anyone ever experienced this before? When using the Child Workflow option in CRM 4.0, I notice at certain areas it allows me to add the CWF but it wont display what it that CWF is. It shows two bullet points(arrows)like it is calling something but it doesnt display what it is, it keeps it hidden. As a result, my parallel wait is not working as it should. I have no idea why because the query is accurate but it leads me to belive that this hidden CWF has something to do with the query not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0
What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet article on this? We will be applying SQL 2005 Service Pack 1. Thanks, Eric Sabo There really aren't any. If you read the Implementation Guide, there are a few extra config steps related to SRS for 2005, but that is it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message news:%237cImzytGHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... What are the special requirements do we need to do on our SQL 2005 for CRM 3.0? Does anyone have a technet a...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Error bars not displaying properly
Hi, I have plotted my data in a column graph, and added error bars based on custom values. I know how to edit and format the error bars, but nothing I have changed fixes my problem: The error bars "join up" to give diagonal lines between between my columns. I have NEVER had this issue in previous versions of Excel. If I plot the error bars in pre-2007 excel, they're fine, until I open them in excel-2007. If I remove the error bars, and plot them afresh in excel-2007, I get the same problem. It doesn't happen to every error bar, just some of them, for no apparent ...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

exchange 5.5 fail to start error 1002 and 1166 MsexchangeDS
HELLO; Today my server get down ; i restart the server ; now i have this error: Source: MSExchangeDS Event ID: 1166 Description: "Error -1911 has occurred. Internal ID 2030148" i try to put again the sp4 of exchange5.5 ; but it don't want ; when i do eseutil /hm on the pub.edb ; priv.edb and dir.edb i have the word "inconsistent" ; what do you think i must do now? thanks run isinteg or restore from backup... "Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E822579-41A4-43F6-808B-9065854BED1B@microsoft...

CRM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ol=E1 pessoal!!! algu=E9m conhece um link onde eu possa arrumar uma = Vers=E3o Trial do CRM... Porfavor!!!=20 Muito Obrigado... ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C58BC0.F3DF3340 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DConte...

CRM 4.0 suddenly unusable
I only installed CRM 4.0 5 weeks ago, and only began loading it with real data 2 weeks ago. It seemed to be working fine on Friday, but this (Monday) morning CRM is no longer accessible through the Outlook Client or the web interface. The web interface gives the error message below. I have logged onto the SQL server and it appears to be fine. I can't understand what happened when not a single person was in the office over the weekend, and neither machine appears to have been reset due to a MS Update. Any ideas? Server Error in '/' Application --------------------------...