CRM, SQL and Exchange.

Hi all,

I am guessing that this is un-supported but I couldn't find in the IG
anywhere where is says definatly one way or the other.  So I thought I would
ask the question just in case I am wrong.

- SQL 2000, SRS, EXCHANGE 03 and CRM v3 on the one Enterprise 03 server
- DC on a different server.

I know that it is do-able as we have tested it sucessfully but more looking
to whether it is a supported environment or not.

Any insights/comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan Warner
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It is a supported configuration, and also very common. The IG explains all
the concepts with one separate server for each function in a non SBS
environment, but you are free to install all in one server. The only issue
with this deployment could be the performance, because one server has to do
all the work

--
Marco Amoedo
Plain Concepts

"Nathan Warner" escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> I am guessing that this is un-supported but I couldn't find in the IG
> anywhere where is says definatly one way or the other.  So I thought I would
> ask the question just in case I am wrong.
>
> - SQL 2000, SRS, EXCHANGE 03 and CRM v3 on the one Enterprise 03 server
> - DC on a different server.
>
> I know that it is do-able as we have tested it sucessfully but more looking
> to whether it is a supported environment or not.
>
> Any insights/comments appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Nathan Warner
Hi Marco,

Thanks for that! Yeah I couldn't see a definate line one way or another to
whether it was supported in that configuration.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Yeah the box is a dual xeon with 4gb of ram I think so should be ok hopefully.

Regards,
Nathan Warner

"Marco Amoedo" wrote:

> It is a supported configuration, and also very common. The IG explains all
> the concepts with one separate server for each function in a non SBS
> environment, but you are free to install all in one server. The only issue
> with this deployment could be the performance, because one server has to do
> all the work
>

> --
> Marco Amoedo
> Plain Concepts
> http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/
>

> "Nathan Warner" escribió:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am guessing that this is un-supported but I couldn't find in the IG
> > anywhere where is says definatly one way or the other.  So I thought I would
> > ask the question just in case I am wrong.
> >
> > - SQL 2000, SRS, EXCHANGE 03 and CRM v3 on the one Enterprise 03 server
> > - DC on a different server.
> >
> > I know that it is do-able as we have tested it sucessfully but more looking
> > to whether it is a supported environment or not.
> >
> > Any insights/comments appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nathan Warner
Take a look to this report about CRM performance at CRM Sandbox.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/releases/checkfordownload.aspx?id=b6499eb0-0eae-4597-b38e-ee9cbc71a404&ReleaseId=63ad6443-6c9d-4330-85c7-fe5c055fe210

--
Marco Amoedo
Plain Concepts

"Nathan Warner" escribió:

> Hi Marco,
>
> Thanks for that! Yeah I couldn't see a definate line one way or another to
> whether it was supported in that configuration.
> Thanks for the confirmation.
> Yeah the box is a dual xeon with 4gb of ram I think so should be ok hopefully.
>
> Regards,
> Nathan Warner
>
> "Marco Amoedo" wrote:
>
> > It is a supported configuration, and also very common. The IG explains all
> > the concepts with one separate server for each function in a non SBS
> > environment, but you are free to install all in one server. The only issue
> > with this deployment could be the performance, because one server has to do
> > all the work
> >

> > --
> > Marco Amoedo
> > Plain Concepts
> > http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/
> >

> > "Nathan Warner" escribió:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am guessing that this is un-supported but I couldn't find in the IG
> > > anywhere where is says definatly one way or the other.  So I thought I would
> > > ask the question just in case I am wrong.
> > >
> > > - SQL 2000, SRS, EXCHANGE 03 and CRM v3 on the one Enterprise 03 server
> > > - DC on a different server.
> > >
> > > I know that it is do-able as we have tested it sucessfully but more looking
> > > to whether it is a supported environment or not.
> > >
> > > Any insights/comments appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Nathan Warner

How to restore reports in CRM 4.0
I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) How can I restore these? Thanks James James, Try the command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server\Tools>PublishReports.exe MicrosoftCRM Peter Gernburd "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC6D924-8FFB-4A59-A790-2CCD58FD2ED0@microsoft.com... >I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) > How can I restore these? > > Thanks > > James Peter, I have already run this comand and the reports have been added to MS Repo...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

Remote Exchange server?
Scenario.... I have a client in a real problem area. The power is so bad that it's guaranteed to be off most weekends in summer time! Battery backup and power backup is NOT where i want to go here, so please dont suggest I concentrate on this...because it just won't happen! I would like to setup a remote exchange 03 server for this client in a data center. So when the power goes down, the clients can all connect by outlook web access without any interruptions. Clents from the troubled office would also have to connect to the remote exchange server during normal office hours. Is ...

One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains
Hi, Just wondering if I can pick someones brains. We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue, member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master). Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test. 2003 > outside world (u...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 Workflow problems
I'm trying to create a workflow that triggers on Status Change to the Quote Entity, which will create a new task. When I publish the workflow, and then try to do anything with a quote, I receive an error: You cannot switch the execution context's caller if the context is impersonating the system user. Has anyone else seen this in 4.0, and does anyone know what can be done to fix it? Thank you, Brett Whats the role of the user that has published the workflow? Whats the role of the user that is trying to perform action on the quote? If you unpublish the workflow, does the action ...

CRM permissions 04-20-04
A recently installed instance of CRM is not allowing users to create new objects; contacts, accounts, leads etc. from their desktops. The same user can add these objects from the CRM server. I figure it is a permission problem with the desktops but cannot find anything else to configure. The users have the appropriate permissions since they can add from the server. Any suggestions? Check their IE security settings. Also look in the bottom left hand corner of the IE screen to see if any scripting errors appear "Gifford" <Gifford99@msn.com> wrote in message news:1a5d01c4...

Exchange 5.5 ... Aarrgghhh...
Hello, I know that E 5.5 had some issues with detecting forwarded mail versus replied to mail. My question is that if I leave the "Disable auto replies.." checkbox blank, should auto forwards be okay as well? There's nothing inherently keeping auto forwards from getting out is there? Thanks, Dan On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:33:02 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > I know that E 5.5 had some issues with detecting forwarded mail versus >replied to mail. My question is that if I leave the "Disable auto replies.." >checkbox ...

Exchange priv.edb
I compact my Data Base eseutil /d but it has the same size what happen? How much space was free? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195914 On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:47:41 -0700, "Octavio" <ojgm@hotmail.com> wrote: >I compact my Data Base eseutil /d but it has the same size >what happen? Octavio, The file size of the database may or may not be reduced by running an offline defragmenation (eseutil /d). A size reduction will be purely dependent upon how much free space is available in the database. You you can figure out how much free space is in ...

Microsoft Hosted cRM
Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow customization of form appearance based on Business Units, Roles or Teams? Without this ability I am finding it hard to justify even considering this application (as our customers have wildly varying data for their orders and invoices). Hi Chris This is definitely possible. We have tested this in our hosted environment sucessfully. I does require some custom JavaScript attached to the CRM form OnLoad event though. "Chris" wrote: > Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow > cus...

sharepoint and exchange on same drive?
Hi, In the middle of doing a swing from sbs 2003 r2 to sbs 2008, and I must say that the swing migration is an awesome way to go! My quick question, is there a problem with putting exchange and sharepoint data on the same drive? I have a ton of storage space in this new server, two 1 tb drives (raid mirroring , there is actually 4 physical drives) and partitioned as follows: drive 1 = c: 100GB and d: 831 GB drive 2 = e: full 1 tb C drive obviously has the OS and plenty of room to breathe, exchange on D and maybe sharepoint on there as well, and user data on E There won&...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...