CRM SQL 2005 Report Server

I've installed CRM with SQL 2005 on a SBS Server. The report server is
connected and configured properly I believe however I can not get the default
"canned" reports to display. If I use sql 2000 the default reports work
great. Is there anyway I can get the report server to read the CRM default
reports?

I've read how to creat and modify the reports but could not find where the
default report files are and where they should be for the report server to
pick them up.

thanks,
Kirkdogg
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

My guess is after upgrading your SQL reporting service, none of the canned
reports are kept in your new report server. you can verify it by looking at
the new report manager, and check whether there is a folder called <Your
Organization Name_MSCRM>.

If that is the case, there are basically three steps for you restore the
original configurations.

Basically, you need to
1) point the regkey SQLRSServerURL to the new SQL Report Server 2005.
2) configure the 2005 server by running publishreports.exe. You need to
supply all the optional parameter because you need to both configure the
server and publishing reports.
3) Setting up trust for delegation if your new SQL reporting service 2005 is
installed on a different machine than CRM server.

We are working on posting a KB for people upgrading their report server to
SQL 2005. Let me know if your problem is solved or not. I can give you a
earlier draft version if you need additional help.

Regards,

---Min

"KirkDogg" wrote:

> I've installed CRM with SQL 2005 on a SBS Server. The report server is
> connected and configured properly I believe however I can not get the default
> "canned" reports to display. If I use sql 2000 the default reports work
> great. Is there anyway I can get the report server to read the CRM default
> reports?
>
> I've read how to creat and modify the reports but could not find where the
> default report files are and where they should be for the report server to
> pick them up.
>
> thanks,
> Kirkdogg
Thanks for the information.  I'll try it this weekend and let you know.
Regards,

Kirkdogg

"Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:

> My guess is after upgrading your SQL reporting service, none of the canned
> reports are kept in your new report server. you can verify it by looking at
> the new report manager, and check whether there is a folder called <Your
> Organization Name_MSCRM>.
>
> If that is the case, there are basically three steps for you restore the
> original configurations.
>
> Basically, you need to
> 1) point the regkey SQLRSServerURL to the new SQL Report Server 2005.
> 2) configure the 2005 server by running publishreports.exe. You need to
> supply all the optional parameter because you need to both configure the
> server and publishing reports.
> 3) Setting up trust for delegation if your new SQL reporting service 2005 is
> installed on a different machine than CRM server.
>
> We are working on posting a KB for people upgrading their report server to
> SQL 2005. Let me know if your problem is solved or not. I can give you a
> earlier draft version if you need additional help.
>
> Regards,
>
> ---Min

> "KirkDogg" wrote:
>
> > I've installed CRM with SQL 2005 on a SBS Server. The report server is
> > connected and configured properly I believe however I can not get the default
> > "canned" reports to display. If I use sql 2000 the default reports work
> > great. Is there anyway I can get the report server to read the CRM default
> > reports?
> >
> > I've read how to creat and modify the reports but could not find where the
> > default report files are and where they should be for the report server to
> > pick them up.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Kirkdogg
I would very much like to see what you guys have on this. I'm banging my head
against the wall trying to get CRM 3.0 installed. I keep getting stopped by
the verification utility saying it can't find the reporting services server
yet the SQL 2005 tool shows it as running.

"Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:

> My guess is after upgrading your SQL reporting service, none of the canned
> reports are kept in your new report server. you can verify it by looking at
> the new report manager, and check whether there is a folder called <Your
> Organization Name_MSCRM>.
>
> If that is the case, there are basically three steps for you restore the
> original configurations.
>
> Basically, you need to
> 1) point the regkey SQLRSServerURL to the new SQL Report Server 2005.
> 2) configure the 2005 server by running publishreports.exe. You need to
> supply all the optional parameter because you need to both configure the
> server and publishing reports.
> 3) Setting up trust for delegation if your new SQL reporting service 2005 is
> installed on a different machine than CRM server.
>
> We are working on posting a KB for people upgrading their report server to
> SQL 2005. Let me know if your problem is solved or not. I can give you a
> earlier draft version if you need additional help.
>
> Regards,
>
> ---Min

> "KirkDogg" wrote:
>
> > I've installed CRM with SQL 2005 on a SBS Server. The report server is
> > connected and configured properly I believe however I can not get the default
> > "canned" reports to display. If I use sql 2000 the default reports work
> > great. Is there anyway I can get the report server to read the CRM default
> > reports?
> >
> > I've read how to creat and modify the reports but could not find where the
> > default report files are and where they should be for the report server to
> > pick them up.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Kirkdogg
I am a little confused... Your first message indicates that you already have
CRM installed and you are just trying to upgrade SQL Server from 2000 to
2005.  Your second message says you are trying to get CRM 3.0 installed.

Where are you at with this?

I have upgraded my CRM's SQL Server from 2000 to 2005 with no problem.  It
upgraded the SQL Server Database Engine and Reporting Services in one
install.

"Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would very much like to see what you guys have on this. I'm banging my
>head
> against the wall trying to get CRM 3.0 installed. I keep getting stopped
> by
> the verification utility saying it can't find the reporting services
> server
> yet the SQL 2005 tool shows it as running.
>

> "Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:
>
>> My guess is after upgrading your SQL reporting service, none of the
>> canned
>> reports are kept in your new report server. you can verify it by looking
>> at
>> the new report manager, and check whether there is a folder called <Your
>> Organization Name_MSCRM>.
>>
>> If that is the case, there are basically three steps for you restore the
>> original configurations.
>>
>> Basically, you need to
>> 1) point the regkey SQLRSServerURL to the new SQL Report Server 2005.
>> 2) configure the 2005 server by running publishreports.exe. You need to
>> supply all the optional parameter because you need to both configure the
>> server and publishing reports.
>> 3) Setting up trust for delegation if your new SQL reporting service 2005
>> is
>> installed on a different machine than CRM server.
>>
>> We are working on posting a KB for people upgrading their report server
>> SQL 2005. Let me know if your problem is solved or not. I can give you a
>> earlier draft version if you need additional help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> ---Min
>>

>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "KirkDogg" wrote:
>>
>> > I've installed CRM with SQL 2005 on a SBS Server. The report server is
>> > connected and configured properly I believe however I can not get the
>> > default
>> > "canned" reports to display. If I use sql 2000 the default reports work
>> > great. Is there anyway I can get the report server to read the CRM
>> > default
>> > reports?
>> >
>> > I've read how to creat and modify the reports but could not find where
>> > the
>> > default report files are and where they should be for the report server
>> > pick them up.
>> >
>> > thanks,
>> > Kirkdogg

0
Joe
5/6/2006 10:26:12 PM
I have installed CRM reporting on reporting services 2005, to get it
working you need to first install it seperately on the same Machine as
you want to install the CRM web components. Let the sql 2005 installer
run through it all and then run the reporting services configuration
tool to get the RS website working, its a good step by step process.
Once you have RS running on its own then install CRM and point the CRM
installer at the RS website when prompted. As long as the RS is setup
using the defaults crm seems to like it fine. Two things i did notice
is that if you assign a static ip to the reporting services website,
this breaks it, also if you run the RS website with an application pool
thats not default then CRM will grumble about that.

0
Ruskinses

best use for x,z and zz report
now we are using z report for end of day and zz report for end of month (x report just to get hard copy of inday sales) is thier a better or more usefull way to use this three reports? best reqards Hi Bacha11....you describe what most RMS users (I believe) do with the X, Z and ZZ reports - if you have multiple shifts (example a morning shift and a afternoon shift) on your registers you could use the X and Z reports for shift reporting and the ZZ for end of day (it will include both Z reports from both shifts) - other than that I think you're good to go.... "BACHA11" wrote:...

Generating report in Access
Is there a limit of length of the report? I can't make it longer than 21 inch... :( You have paper longer than 21 inches? Are you trying to fit everything onone "page"?You should be able to use as many pages as you need to fit it all in.-- RegardsJeff BoyceMicrosoft Office/Access MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentorhttp://microsoftitacademy.com/Microsoft Registered Partnerhttps://partner.microsoft.com/"Yue Zhao" <yuezhao@bu.edu> wrote in messagenews:eKf7l8YYHHA.944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> Is there a limit of length of the re...

Antivirus on CRM
We are using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on our network. Do we need to set any scanning exclusions on the CRM server so it does not impact performance? Thanks That is a great proactive question. You dont want to scan SQL databases and If I recall certain INetpub folders. Check Symantec knowledge base for exact files/folders to exclude. "circulent" wrote: > We are using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on our network. Do we need > to set any scanning exclusions on the CRM server so it does not impact > performance? > > Thanks ...

Am I supposed to see the OUTPUT parameter's value in SQL Mgmt Stud
Hi, I have a stored procedure with an OUTPUT parameter. When I execute the procedure in SQL Server Mgmt Studio, am I supposed to see the OUTPUT parameter's value? I'm troubleshooting an issue and at this point I'm not sure if it's the application code or the stored procedure. When I execute the stored procedure, it does what it's supposed to do i.e. insert a new record, but I do not see the value of the output param -- unlike when I return values through a SELECT statement. Is this normal or am I supposed to see the value returned by the output param? -...

Number Records by group in Report
I would like to number or rank records in a report by grouping. The ranking or numbering would be based on the lowest time. I have a field of [HandleTime] in "nn:ss". The groups would be based off a department. Any Ideas. I have looked out numbering them in a query, but that does not help for the groupings. Thanks - David Add a text box to the Detail section, and give it these properties: Control Source =1 Running Sum Over Group This assumes the Sorting And Grouping box is sorting by the times within the group, and you don't have to show 2 identical times as...

CRM Customization 12-17-03
I have just started evaluating Microsoft CRM for our business, but one critical need is probably going to require some customization to interact with our existing home grown CRM database that handles ecommerce and tracks customer software downloads. We are .NET developers ourselves, so that shouldn't be a problem. However before I dig too deep, I'd like to know if the following is possible in MS CRM 1.2: 1) Can data be synchronized with with another SQL database? For example could we integrate the sales data in our eccommerce database with MSCRM? It would be nice if we could sched...

SQL 2008, problem setting Identity Specification
Hi, I'm trying to set an IdentityColumn on a table. But I get the following error when I try that "Saving changes is not permitted. The changes you have made require the following tables to be created and re-created. You have either made changes to a table that can't be re-created or enabled the option Prevent saving changes that require table to be re-created." I have never seen this kind of error in pervious version of SQL. I am the db_owner on this database. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. Such operation requires re-creation of the table and the ...

Permission Error in CRM Web based Application
hello. When I click tabs in Navigation Bar on the bottom of Microsoft CRM Web User Interface (v 1.2), usually I get the following error. line: 69 char: 4 Error: Permission Denied Code: 0 URL: http://crm/bar_bottom.aspx?startPage=Home This is not stopping me from working on CRM instead i can use menu bar GoTo --> Home (or other), meybe you can help me to solve this problem, wating for replay I found another post about this problem and the answer :) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870635 "Osvaldas T" wrote: > hello. When I click tabs in Navigat...

slow money report
Hey Guys: Am running win xp and money 2007. My monthly reports has crashed. When I click on the report, it searches for changes in the monthly data, etc, but then "hangs". I think this is what is slowing my computer; my computer's processor is running something in the background causing everything to be slow: my browser, money, etc. How can I correct this problem in money? Have tried to reinstall money without success and reset my computer to an earlier date again without success. Have you tried any of the File | Repair methods? "Curtis Glenn" <CurtisG...

CRM 1.2
Is it possible in CRM 1.2 to do one of the following when an account is created 1. create a new case 2. run a process created under Cases ? ...

Error when tracking in CRM
Hi, When tracking (in CRM) an email in outlook the folowing error occurs: An error occured promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permission to perform this action. Do you want to send this e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Chris ...

'My' CRM Views
Is there a way to create a public view similar to the 'My' views that in addition to displaying records owned by the current user, will also include any records that have been shared with the user? ------=_NextPart_0001_0A981016 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the way to include "sharing information" as a criteria. Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partner Support ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: Th...

Weird lines showing up on query, report & table printouts
I'm using Access 2007 and everything was working fine. Then all of a sudden it started printing very small grid lines in the upper left corner of every page of any query, report, or table printout. Everything looks fine in print preview but the lines keep showing up on the printouts. I found one website where another person described the same problem (it was posted in 2006 so was probably for an earlier version of Access) but there were no suggestions given as to what might have caused the problem or how to fix it. I've tried rebooting the computer, using earlier backup v...

Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order/Rename Report Options
Display Report Options in Alphabetical Order in the Report Options Window For example, when the Trial Balance Report Options window is open, the drop down list of report options appear to be in the order in which the reports were created, making it difficult to navigate to find the desired report option, especially when many options have been created. Would also like the ability to rename a report option. -- Elisabeth ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I A...

MFC AND Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition ?
Hi everybody, Can I use MFC with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition ? If yes, How ? Thank you beforehand for your answers, Dominique The Express edition does not include ATL or MFC :o( http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/support/faq/default.aspx#vcpp Tom "Dominique MOREAU" <dominique.moreau@skynet.be> wrote in message news:43c7f939$0$1161$ba620e4c@news.skynet.be... > > Hi everybody, > > Can I use MFC with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition ? > > If yes, How ? > > > Thank you beforehand for your answers, > > Dominique > > ...

Report crashes when there are no records
hello I have a command button that uses DoCmd.OpenReport... etc... to print a report in preview mode. The report's record source is called qryData. On occassion, this query has no records, though I don't know this when I click the command button. In this case (no records in qryData) the program hangs. How can I prevent an attempt to print when there are no records in the underlying query? thank you -- Thanks Sophie You could try code like: If DCount("*","qryData") > 0 Then DoCmd.OpenReport ..... End If Otherwise most of us would place some code...

excel formula to convert server time in seconds
I extracted data from my server. It keeps a log of time like this 1069255091 (this morning) I converted the data into excel but now I need this cell value to b the actual date and time. Any one have the easy answer ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way =DATE(1970,1,1)+F1/86400 format result as mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frogman1001" <frogman1001.x5hub@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frogman1001.x5hub...

Standby Backup of a CRM 4 / SQL 2005 server
Hello all, I have 2 server machines of identical specs. Each one has SQL server 2005, and CRM 4.0 installed. SVR1 is our production server and is the Principal server for SQL mirroring, while SVR2 is our standby backup server and is the SQL mirror. During the installation of CRM Server on SVR2, we pointed it to an existing CRM installation (on SVR1). We are NOT using load balancing, or clustering, etc. Note1: In CRM deployment Manager, both servers are enabled, both have the role of CRM server, but only SVR1 has the role of SQL Server. I believe that since CRM SVR2 was pointed to SVR1, th...

How best to handle non-CRM user email address for campaigns, track
We running 4.0, and are interested in taking advantage of some of the new email campaign features. We'd like to send out these emails from an email address that is not necessarily the CRM user's primary email address, or goes to a different inbox. How can we do this? We are finding this need quite a bit. For instance, our customer support team would like to track emails to and from customersupport@mycompany.com instead of their own primary addresses, but can't figure out how to do that. we are running CRM 4.0 with the CRM email router service running on our exchange serv...

CRM 3.0 laptop client
The error below appears in the CRM 3.0 laptop client regardless of what CRM item is selected (i.e., Sales, Marketing, New Record...) The problem only exists for a single user (right now we're only testing it on two machines) using the laptop client. For this user, on this machine, they are able to use MS CRM successfully using both the web client and the desktop client. How exactly does the laptop client work? Why is it trying to compile on the user's laptop? We noticed that the "nostdlib" switch does not have the "/" preceeding it which seems to be the r...

Outlook Changes Incoming Server to "localhost"
For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines here, randomly decides to automatically reconfigure account information to "Incoming Mail: localhost", and "User Name: your.name/mail.ispname.com". I had thought it was because I use a Spam front-end filter called POPFile, but now it's happened to two co-workers. Anyone know what gives? Thanks... In article <0c0101c34575$219b6c70$a001280a@phx.gbl>, dean.lusk@chandlermay.com says... > For some reason, Outlook 2000, on three different machines > here, randomly decides to automatically reconf...

Outlook Express 6
For some unknown reason, my OE6 'forgets' to Leave Messages On Server about once a month or so. I have not scientifically analyzed just when it happens, but the check box under Tools/Advanced somehow unchecks itself (!) periodically. Is this a known fault, or is there a workaround to keep it from happening, if anyone knows? Toady This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.publi...

Outlook 2003 causes my Exchange server 5.5 to hang
I'm running exchange server 5.5 on a windows 2000 server sp3. My clients are running outlook 2003 on WinXP pro sp1. See the Outlook 2003 Rules May Halt Exchange 5.5 topic on the home page of http://www.slipstick.com/ -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Scott W" <swatson@1firsttech.com> wrote in message news:043501c39f1a$a1c4ef30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm running exchange server 5....

CRM toolbar visible but not responding
We recently switched to Microsoft CRM 3.0 from Goldmine and since then, I have been able to see the CRM toolbar in Outlook but the menu and icons do not respond when I click on them. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the client which worked until I restarted. Any other ideas? If you could verify that the IE client works on the same box as your Outlook installation, that would at least let us know if the issue is on the server or a possible client install issue. If you can access the server using your current credentials and navigate around the web application, then you might try t...

SBS 2008 Second Server and Updates KB972493
I have a SBS 2008 with a second Server 2008R2 on the network. Recently I noticed that the second server was coming up with Warning under the Update Status, it seems that the WSUS wants to install KB972493 on the server, but I don't have WSUS installed on the second server. It's more annoying thing, but it would be nice to either figure out a way to install it or remove it. Any ideas? On Jul 6, 6:27=A0pm, Kev <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a SBS 2008 with a second Server 2008R2 on the network. =A0 > > Recently I noticed that t...