CRM should allow relationships between entities and system users.

I would like the ability to manage relationships between System Users and CRM
Entities.

We have folks dedicated in varying capacities to any given Account.
e.g.
- Bob is the Outside Sales contact
- Becky is the Service Representitive
- John is the Educational Coordinator

Each of these may individuals consider an account "theirs" from their own
perspective and therefore feel that the Account should show up in the "My
Accounts" view.

The Single-User Ownership model does not need to be revamped - but perhaps
it could be made more flexible through user preferences.

A. Allow Sys Users to be included in relationships with CRM entities
B. Allow Sys Users to define their own preferences with regard to CRM Views.
  - include/exclude CRM Entities I have a relationship with in "My Stuff"

This can get complex, but again can be controlled through preferences.
e.g. If you are a system user that has a "Project Manager" relationship with
an Opportunity, should the ad hoc collection of Contacts that are involved in
a relationship with that Opportunity show up in "My Contacts" ?

Hello user preference.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2c3ea498-f9f5-4638-8feb-29b66e594b4f&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Importing Notes into CRM Query/Case
Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the data filed on mapping. We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would this stop the field from being visable ? I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import into there fine. Please advise. On May 25, 6:06=A0am, Nessa <Ne...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. > I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the &g...

System-wide repaint issue
Hello, I am experiencing a spontaneous system-wide repaint, particularly when performing a slow paint job. Every visible window on the screen recieves a WM_PAINT message; even the icons on the desktop are repainted. I know that a call to Invalidate or RedrawWindow with a NULL window handle will cause this, but I have been unable to find this occuring within our code. I know that WM_PAINT is also automatically sent when a window is resized, but the window is not recieving WM_SIZE when this occurs. Any ideas what else might cause a system-wide repaint? Thanks, -dp Any chance you're doin...

Customizing the 'team' entity
In CRM 3.0, I would like to customize the team entity (add an attribute). It appears that I cannot do so, even though on the Customize Entities page, the entity 'Team' is categorized as 'Customizable'. Can someone confirm that the team entity is not actually customizable, or that it's at least not customizable vis-a-vis its attributes? Thanks. -Erik There are many "System" entities that you cannot modify, Team is one of those. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Erik Almquist" <ErikAlmquist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

New users in GAL not replicating to users
I am running Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5. I create users in the Exchange 2003 Servers AD Users and Computers... New users no longer showing up in my users GAL unless I turn off cached mode in outlook. This used to work fine in chached mode. Does anyone know what I could try to force replication perhaps? Also, should I somehow rebuild the GAL on the Exchange 5.5 or 2003 side? Steps? Recommendations? Thanks in advance... Chris H. I know there is an problem if cache mode is used on outlook. Please check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us "Chris"...

Which users are sending emails??
Hi All, I am new to MS Exchange, I am finding difficult to see which users are sending emails. I can see the flow of emails in the Queue services but when I right clicked on the specific email then choose properties, I can't see who is sending the email. Does anyone know how to see who has send an email in the Queue service or anywhere else?? Regards John Smith ...

How can multiple users access same mailbox and send as that mailbox name?
Hi Folks, I'm hoping this turns out to be a dumb question with an easy solution: My customer wants both user-1 and user-2 to receive all mail addressed to user-3@company.com. Additionally, the customer wants user-1 and user-2 to send all their mail mail with user-3@company.com as the default sender address. User-1 and user-2 should be able to see all mail sent with the user-3@company.com sender address, whether sent by user-1 or by user-2. Any changes, deletions, etc, made by user-1 should be seen by user-2 and vice versa. Thanks for your help! Frank Frank Denman Den...

CRM AdminTool
Can anyone tell me where I can download the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.AdminTool.exe? I need to create a System Admin User who has the CRM System Administrator role. You should be able to do this from the web UI or trough deployment manager on the server. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 22:34:01 -0700, "Xman" <Xman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Can anyone tell me where I can download the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.AdminTool.exe? I need to create a System Admin User who has the CRM ...

CRM 4.0 hotfix 13 move Exchange server
Hello we have been installed CRM 4.0 and uppdated to hotfix 13. We are using Exchnage Server 2007 and we have been installed new exchange server 2010 and want to use this new server with CRM. How can i put new server in use with CRM 4.0? Is there need to install Email connector on Exchange 2010 server or need chnages in Database or on the CRM Server? best regards, Jensen ...

when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or someth.
when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the preferences and fix the problem.....what is my problem anyway ? JD <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i start outlook, i get a "migrating user info...." or something > like that, then it tells me that "the of folders couldn't be opened" > and then it shuts down. i can't even open it to tweak the > preferences an...

CRM4 with Rollup 8 User Summary Report black blackground overtakes
Hi, Wondering if anyone would have similar experience with Rollup 8 and CRM4 where the user summary report showing all black blackground in the report viewer? They showed up ok when export to excel. We have SSRS 2008, CRM4, with rollup 8 installed. And if so, how do you fix it? Is it a problem with the report viewer or the report definition? SW Found out to be a bug in IE8. If you have SSRS2008 and IE8, then you will see the black backgound overtook the entire report. If you have SSRS2005 or IE7, then it's ok. "SW" wrote: > Hi, > Wondering if anyone would hav...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

Exchange2000 system attendant won't start automatically
I am running a Windows 2000 AD domain with Windows 2003 and Windows 2000 member servers. I have Exchange 2000 running on one of the 2000 member servers. The Windows Server 2003 version of ADPrep/forestprep and ADPrep/domainprep have been run against the domain and replicated successfully without error and I have not had any problems adding 2003 member servers to the domain. I would like to now upgrade the Exchange and OS of the Exchange member server to versions 2003. I am hesitant to start the process since there is an issue with the starting of the system attendant. Ever since t...

Deleting from another user's Mailbox
Hi I have a user with permission to open another users mailbox (a service account mailbox) However, if UserA deletes an item from User B's inbox, the item is transferred to User A's deleted items folder. I have even tried dragging the item from UserB inbox to UserB deleted items folder and the item still is moved to UserA Any workaround/suggestions? Ian McCulloch Sydney, NS Canada Hy Ian, if "user A" delete an item in "user B" Mailbox, who deletes the item? I think it is "user A", so the item must be in the "Deleted items" folder of &...

CRM 4 Stops Responding when assigning cases
Hi, We are experiencing an issue where CRM stops responding intermittently when any user in our organisation assigns a case to another user. This happens using the web client or the outlook client. The actual assignment happens, but the windows stop responding until a time out error message appears, after about 1.5 - minutes generally. Once you click ok on the error, it all comes good again, and the case has been assigned to the user. CRM is still usable when this problem is happening, so you can still perform all work as normal, its just the particular windows on the client PC that han...

outlook and crm url
I'm trying to install the crm sales for outlook but when the program ask the crm url if i try to write the ip of the server crm the software not recognized the right url and don't continue with the installation. Someone can help me? Ps sorry for my english -- No one is to blame Inviato da www.mynewsgate.net You must type the url the the crm server http://servername J Goodwin On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 09:12:40 GMT, "Charlie" <carlettog@tiscali.it> wrote: >I'm trying to install the crm sales for outlook but when the program >ask the crm url if i try to write...

Calendar/Contacts not created w/ a new user
Every now and then when creating a new recipient, the Calendar/contacts/drafts/journal/notes/sent items/tasks are not created for that mailbox. Any ideas? what version of outlook? only time I've ever seen this occur is if someone accesses the mailbox by adding an additional mailbox to their profile, before someone logs onto that mailbox by itself... "Paul" <paulm@equityin.com> wrote in message news:017601c3aace$da0c4d10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Every now and then when creating a new recipient, the > Calendar/contacts/drafts/journal/notes/sent items/tasks > are n...

Cannot open Public folders in Exchange System Manager
Hello, I have a problem opening public folders in Exchange system manger. The MMC hangs, when I click on "Public Folders", but these folders can be reached and opened in Outlook. The Public Folder Store is mounted. I guess it has something to do with the Exchange servers' IIS TCP port, which was 80, when Exchange was installed. Unfortunately it had to be changed later. Could that be the problem? And if so, how to I tell Exchange that the port has changed? Thanks in advance! On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:25:16 -0700, "TomK" <TomK@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

CRM Custom Entity Relationship
We have 2 custom entities - one is called a property and the other one is called occupant. There exist a one to many relationship between property and occupant. There are some attributes, that are just part of this relationship. In other words, every time, I assign an occupant to this property, I want to capture the move-in date, lease terms, etc. and when they move out, capture move-out date, etc. at that point. This very same occupant can now be associated with another property with the same move-in date etc. attributes. Is there a way to achieve this in CRM without writing a customization? ...

macro to include "user select"
Col A is sequential mumber list 1 - 90. (61 currently used - allowed 90 for "expansion"). Col B is a list of names, with associated data in 7 cols C - I (truncated layout below). Col B1:B90 is rangenamed "names" (for function F5 "goto" purpose) I want to macro "delete" function (to user-select any one of the 90 names), CLEAR the cells B - I in that row, then "data/sort" the entire range to remove the blank. Got most of it by "recording" but came unstuck with the "user select". A B C D E F G H I 1 ale...

SHARE OUTLOOK CALENDAR BETWEEN 2 USERS ?
I want to share my Outlook Calendar (2000 ver) with another user on the same PC ? I am running Win XP and have two user accounts that I want to be able to share the calendar. Is this possible ? Thanks in advance for the help ! Assuming you are using a POP3 account; Create a new pst-file (File-> New-> Personal Data File...) and place it on a location on the computer you both can access. Here create any folder that you wish to share. Then log off and log on with the other user account. Open Outlook and connect to the shared pst-file via File-> Open-> Personal Data File... ...

Unable to print to shared printer with normal user accounts
I recently updated one of the client workstations on my network. This workstation hosted two shared printers, a Dell 948 and a HP 1600 Color Laserjet. Both are connected via USB. Prior to upgrading, any user was able to print to either printer from any workstation. However since I have upgraded, all users can print to the Dell from any workstation, but the only users which can print to the HP are the Administator account or user accounts with admin privledges, from workstations other than the one the HP is connected. When a non-admin user trys to print from another workstation the ...

what operating system should i use?
There is an expert using Adobe PageMaker on a Macintosh computer. The expert has to use the same program as everyone else, that is Microsoft Office. What opperating system should be used in this situation? He should probably stay on the operating system he is on unless there are specific features you need in the latest version of Office, which only runs on OS X. Office 2001 works on OS 8.1-9.x, and Office X works on OS X 10.1-10.2.x. The specific system requirements for Office X and Office 2001 are here: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=sysreq> If you provide more de...

message larger than current system limit -can i change the limit?
"...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the limit to receive larger emails? I have construction documents/plans that require more space. It is awkward to ask a client to split it up and is burdensome to them. In article <97BF09CF-8C70-40D0-A74F-F4EA14F98A43@microsoft.com>, Shane@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > "...message is larger than the current system limit..." Can i change the > limit to receive larger emails? I have construction documents/plans that > require more space. It is awkward to ask a cli...

Is there a way to redirect only certain users folders?
I want to do a "test" redirect of folders before implementing it fully. Is there a way to just select a few users and redirect their folders in SBS 2003? Thanks, Jim Hi Jim: Folder redirection is done by the Group Policy that applies to the OU where the SBS stations are located. But it is nothing more than a forced changing of the My Documents location ot a location on the SBS (or some other place if you change the GPO). You can do the exact same thing from a user desktop. Rclick the my documents folder and change the path to some folder on the SBS or some ot...