CRM - rollup (see related) notes across entities

Suggestion for further releases to be able to see notes across related
entities (See notes from the Contacts on the Accounts etc.)

Cheers

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=54e06f27-b2e0-44d8-9afd-7386c6f293ca&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sample CRM 3.0 reports downloadable from Partnersource
It would be useful to have sample reports from CRM 3.0 availble to download from Partnersource to show customers what the reports look like. Customers won't have enough data in their own CRM for some time after going live, therefore they cannot easily get an idea of what information the standard reports in CRM can provide. This would be useful to Partners to use as a selling aid and in giving training. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" ...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

sound across slides
Having trouble getting sound to play across slides. Once music starts in first slide, and I click scroll bar to move down to next slide, the music stops immediately, even though I've clicked 'play across slides'. Also, I typed in 10 slides next to the After button but that seems to revert back to 999 slides when I click on play across slides, like they're cancelling each other out. Nonetheless, whether it says 10 slides or 999, music is still stopping the minute you click on first slide or try to scroll down. I'm using ppt 2007, wav sound file and the same ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Making CRM more attractive in Outlook
Hi, I'm new to this site (and MS CRM). I am preparing a presales demo and want to make the outlook (desktop) version of CRM more attractive for users by using the shortcut buttons that CRM provides. I have two questions. One is more Outlook related, really. - Can I create a new view in the navigation pane (like mail, calendar, ...) with my CRM buttons? Right now I have all these buttons under "shortcuts" but that doesn't appeal to the user. - I have once seen a demo where a view was created with all the standard shortcut buttons in a sort of "folder list",...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Workflow rule crashes target entity
When creating a new workflow rule for a new invoice entity, it seems to go into a loop in CRM Dynamics. At first, I wanted to make a rule for copying a description from the original opportunity to an invoice, but this caused the invoice window to load forever. When testing an easy rule which just has to enter the value "test" to a description field when creating a new invoice, the same thing happens. I wonder if this has anything to do with the administrator rights? I read something about 9/10 of all workflow rule problems are related to this. Can you post your rule for revi...

CRM Url
I initially installed the CRM server to the default url of the server (i.e. http://servername). I then installed SharePoint and it messed the configuration up. I then uninstalled SP. Now I can't get to the default server's url of http://servername. Any suggestions on how to correct? Go into IIS and setup a Host Header for the CRM site, Then add an alias for the Header to DNS. Calling the Alias will then resolve and access the site, -- Paul Papanek Stork MBA, CTT+, MCT, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCAD, MCDBA Solutient of Ohio, INC. email: pstork <<at>> att.net visit ME at: ...

I cannot uninstall CRM client for Outlook
We have two clinet machines that had CRM client for Outlook with Office 2003. We upgraded those workstations to Office 2007 and subsequently lost the ability to use the CRM features. When I try to uninstall the CLient, the uninstall asks for the disc and proceeds to reinstall the client until it realizes that the new version of outlook is incompatible. When trying the newer install disc for CRM, I get the following message: "The older version of Microsoft CRM desktop client cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group." This is followed by " Action Micro...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Cannot add user to CRM
I have trouble adding user to the CRM. I have 50 users in AD, however, when it comes to adding user in CRM, I can only choose from 15 of them. I wonder why!? I suppose I should be able to pick from all 50 users whoever is in the AD, right? If anyone have any clue on this problem and give me some feedback, I would surely appreciate that!!! CRM deployment manager will not display certain categories of users - eg if they have been migrated from NT domains or Novel NDS without passwords. Search the group archives for UserAccountControl "Martijn van Halen" <MartijnvanHalen@d...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

adding same note to a group of contacts
As we know there is no histroy in CRm, can not see what has been done to contacts in past or what changes have been made. So if I whated to add the same note to a group of contacts such as : email jhfahf sent on afjak" how would I do it. Or is it just not possible. Alison, Well, you could mess with workflow and stubs do get a kludgy solution - or you could just buy VAST, the ISV add on that solves this problem, and shows you all of the historical change made to CRM! (Please excuse blatant sales pitch - but I don't get such a good leading question too often!) Dave ------...

Why can't i get my wanted notes by XPath

Month view: scroll to see more?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange Hello-- At MIT we have recently migrated to Exchange, which seems to be a setback in myriad ways. Does anyone know how to scroll in calendar Month View to see all items on a single day? I need to stay in Month View but have the ability to see all items on each day. I don't want to move to day view. Thanks! ...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

CRM Laptop Client Connection Issue
Recently we registered ASP.Net2 on IIS in order to install a custom ASP.Net2 application on a CRM machine... Afterwards all sorts of problems occured of which we couldn't connect to CRM anymore. So we figured out that it could be an ASPNet version issue because we found that the main Web Site and sub sites like Microsoft CRM 3.0 now were using ASP.Net v2, so we changed these from properties, and we changed the master Web Site from the Properties > Virtual Directory Configuration to point to the Framework 1.4 rather than 2.0. Now, we managed to get CRM back to work and we are a...

Quote-like parent-child mail merge possible on custom entities?
I have a client on CRM Online who needs to be able to print out a form document for a CRM record that includes header information from the record as well as a listing of child records from a one to many child entity. The Report Wizard does not give us nearly enough control to print the document in the required form format. The Quote, Order, and Invoice mail merges in CRM do something very similar to what we are trying to accomplish, so apparently it is possible to get this done in CRM. Does anyone know how to accomplish a new mail merge template in CRM that merges a custom parent rec...

CRM Reports #3
i have to call invoice report using javascript on selection of radio button(bit) in ms crm 4.0. how i can do this . thanks in advance !!!!!! ...

Planning CRM 3.0 SBE Install
I am planning a new deployment of CRM 3.0 SBE. I will be performing a new SBS install to deploy on. Typically I have setup private networks using domain.local for the domain. These implementations use offsite mail servers. For CRM it looks like using a public domain might be better that using the POP3 connector to pull mail from our public mail server. I am also investigating migrating Goldmine 6.7 (dbase) data to MS CRM. Gotchas, recommendations, and comments would be appreciated. Thank You. John Miller ...

Locating content types, libaries, and related lists
We're planning to use MOSS 2007 as a repository for our project documents and email. We want to use a single container, and rely on metadata and search instead of a folder structure (and instead of different libraries for each project). At the top level of the site collection, I created a content type with a lookup column to a list of clients/projects. The document library itself is in a subsite. My concern is that once the library fills up there's going to be a lot of data in there, all with critical metadata attached. Maybe there would be less risk if the conte...