CRM Reports - I'm confused...

When my user attempts to generate any standard CRM report, a Reporting
Services Error is returned that reads,

"Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM' "

I'm confused as the CRM database on the CRM server from which the report is
being run is COMPANY_MSCRM...

Why would a standard CRM report try to access the Adventure_Works database?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Adventure_Works is the new Microsoft demo database.  Go to your Reports
Manager (http://[ServerName]/reports and check the data source configuration
within your MSCRM reports folder.  The catalogue part may be pointing to the
Adventure_Works db.  If so change to your MSCRM database name.

Adventure_Works is not part of the default install of SQL Server and thus
may not exist as a database on your SQL Server
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"mike" wrote:

> When my user attempts to generate any standard CRM report, a Reporting
> Services Error is returned that reads,
>
> "Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM' "
>
> I'm confused as the CRM database on the CRM server from which the report is
> being run is COMPANY_MSCRM...
>
> Why would a standard CRM report try to access the Adventure_Works database?
I checked the "connection string" on the MSCRM_DataSource and it points to
the clients SQL server.  In reviewing the connection string, it defaults to
Windows Integrated Authentication.  If I change this to use Server
Authentication with the 'sa' uid and pwd, it works -- although I suspect this
also takes away any filtering CRM may do to prevent users from viewing
everything.  Any thought on why the Windows Authentication won't work?  (The
userid is in the ReportingGroup and SQL AccessGroup in Active Directory -- If
I add the user the Local Administrator group it works - but I don't want to
add every user to the Local Administrator group)

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Adventure_Works is the new Microsoft demo database.  Go to your Reports
> Manager (http://[ServerName]/reports and check the data source configuration
> within your MSCRM reports folder.  The catalogue part may be pointing to the
> Adventure_Works db.  If so change to your MSCRM database name.
>
> Adventure_Works is not part of the default install of SQL Server and thus
> may not exist as a database on your SQL Server
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "mike" wrote:
>
> > When my user attempts to generate any standard CRM report, a Reporting
> > Services Error is returned that reads,
> >
> > "Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM' "
> >
> > I'm confused as the CRM database on the CRM server from which the report is
> > being run is COMPANY_MSCRM...
> >
> > Why would a standard CRM report try to access the Adventure_Works database?
Did it point to the correct database though.

Also check the secuirty of the folder as well.

If running your MSCRM website under Netowrk Service need to ensure that NT
AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is there with browser and publisher for MSCRM.

If running under a domain account then this will need to be added.
--
Rgds

Michael
MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

"mike" wrote:

> I checked the "connection string" on the MSCRM_DataSource and it points to
> the clients SQL server.  In reviewing the connection string, it defaults to
> Windows Integrated Authentication.  If I change this to use Server
> Authentication with the 'sa' uid and pwd, it works -- although I suspect this
> also takes away any filtering CRM may do to prevent users from viewing
> everything.  Any thought on why the Windows Authentication won't work?  (The
> userid is in the ReportingGroup and SQL AccessGroup in Active Directory -- If
> I add the user the Local Administrator group it works - but I don't want to
> add every user to the Local Administrator group)
>
> "Michael Langdon" wrote:
>
> > Adventure_Works is the new Microsoft demo database.  Go to your Reports
> > Manager (http://[ServerName]/reports and check the data source configuration
> > within your MSCRM reports folder.  The catalogue part may be pointing to the
> > Adventure_Works db.  If so change to your MSCRM database name.
> >
> > Adventure_Works is not part of the default install of SQL Server and thus
> > may not exist as a database on your SQL Server
> > --
> > Rgds
> >
> > Michael
> > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
> >

> > "mike" wrote:
> >
> > > When my user attempts to generate any standard CRM report, a Reporting
> > > Services Error is returned that reads,
> > >
> > > "Cannot create a connection to data source 'Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM' "
> > >
> > > I'm confused as the CRM database on the CRM server from which the report is
> > > being run is COMPANY_MSCRM...
> > >
> > > Why would a standard CRM report try to access the Adventure_Works database?
Yep, it was pointing to the correct database.... I'll look at these other
items you've suggested.  Thanx...

Mike

"Michael Langdon" wrote:

> Did it point to the correct database though.
>
> Also check the secuirty of the folder as well.
>
> If running your MSCRM website under Netowrk Service need to ensure that NT
> AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE is there with browser and publisher for MSCRM.
>
> If running under a domain account then this will need to be added.
> --
> Rgds
>
> Michael
> MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005
>

> "mike" wrote:
>
> > I checked the "connection string" on the MSCRM_DataSource and it points to
> > the clients SQL server.  In reviewing the connection string, it defaults to
> > Windows Integrated Authentication.  If I change this to use Server
> > Authentication with the 'sa' uid and pwd, it works -- although I suspect this
> > also takes away any filtering CRM may do to prevent users from viewing
> > everything.  Any thought on why the Windows Authentication won't work?  (The
> > userid is in the ReportingGroup and SQL AccessGroup in Active Directory -- If
> > I add the user the Local Administrator group it works - but I don't want to
> > add every user to the Local Administrator group)
> >
> > "Michael Langdon" wrote:
> >
> > > Adventure_Works is the new Microsoft demo database.  Go to your Reports
> > > Manager (http://[ServerName]/reports and check the data source configuration
> > > within your MSCRM reports folder.  The catalogue part may be pointing to the
> > > Adventure_Works db.  If so change to your MSCRM database name.
> > >
> > > Adventure_Works is not part of the default install of SQL Server and thus
> > > may not exist as a database on your SQL Server
> > > --
> > > Rgds
> > >
> > > Michael
> > > MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005

CRM .NET Compatibility Question
So far you guys have been a tremendous assistance. I just need one clarification if anyone knows. Is the CRM incompatible with .Net Framework 1.1 or just Windows 2003 implimentation of .Net Framework 1.1. I have built a Windows 2000 server and am ready to intall CRM but am not sure if I should use the .Net Framework version 1.1 which is on the windows update site or do I need to dig around for version 1.0 Thank you much River Cox USArchive and Imaging Services. version 1.0 it is Has anyone tried with .net 1.0 sp1 We are currently using sp2 (which I believe CRM recommends anyways). &qu...

Credit Card Processing for CRM and GP?
Hi, Working with a prospect using Great Plains as the back office component. They would like the salespeople to take orders via CRM but when submitted and before they hit GP they want to run a credit card authorization for payment. This way orders that are declined by the credit card company don't even show up in the back office. Anyone know of a solution here? Alan I don't know of any existing solutions, but you could build a custom order entry interface using the CRM SDK that could perform the credit card processing. Scott inLogic CRM Customization and Integration Services ...

any crazy CRM 'issue'
I can no longer access workflow manager. When I start it, the following appears: An error occured while loading the orgs data, time, and number format settings. These settings re incompatible with the formats already in use in Workflow Manager. To sync them, you can make changes the System Settings in the System Customization area of MS CRM Server. I've checked, all the number settings 'appear' to the be the same in CRM and the regional settings on the CRM server and the Global Catalog server. As close as they can be anyway. Anyone know a way around this? many thanks ...

CRM Plugin for Outlook
Hi - Anybody know when the CRM add-in for Outlook 2007 will be available? Many thanks Victor ...

CRM Exchange Queue Service Error 02-18-04

Automate e-mail signature in CRM
It would be great to do automatic e-mail signature in CRM like Outlook without using the E-mail Templates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0c42f6bb-a6e9-48d...

Report formatting problem
I have the following data in an external file: Dept Salesperson Sales$ ---- ----------- ------ Auto John Doe 1000 Auto Jane Doe 1000 Auto David Smith 1000 Sports Mike Brown 1000 Sports Bob Smith 1000 I would like to format it in Excel so that it appears as follows: Auto John Doe 1000 Jane Doe 1000 David Smith 1000 Sports Mike Brown 1000 Bob Smith 1000 Is there a way to do this? Thank you. Hi Try using a Pivot Table to summarise your data. Take a look here for help on getting started. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Regards Roger Govier super_doodie@hotmail.com ...

How to print a bank reconciliation report
I have looked everywhere, and I can't find any way to print a report of my bank reconciliation, after it balnces. I used to do it all the time in Quicken, and can't figure out how to do it in Money. In microsoft.public.money, Fred Blauer wrote: >I have looked everywhere, and I can't find any way to >print a report of my bank reconciliation, after it >balnces. I used to do it all the time in Quicken, and >can't figure out how to do it in Money. See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 helps Yes, it seems to address my problem...

Earned Value Report in Project 2007
I'm using MS Project 2007, have input all my tasks, costs, set baseline so all my numbers are populating great. I'm using the visual report to generate the earned value over time report (the pivot table and chart). Unfortunately while I am really good at most things Excel, pivot tables is not one of them. Project is populating the table with Quarters 1, 2 and 3. I only need Quarter 1 for my report. Is there a way to hide or delete the other two quarters from the table? Thanks for the help! Teri Hi Teri, I am guessing that you have your "Time Weekly Calendar&q...

Reports error 09-15-06
Hi all, When going into reports I get an error saying "an error has occured please contact your system administrator" I have seen a number of posts on this but none of them are fixing my problem. Can anyone help? This a install of crm 3.0 with SQL2005 Regards, Biplab Don't know if you have seen this post, but it may help: http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/fbf65450e3cdf8b8/8d8c7bf4cd769fa7?lnk=gst&q=willerz&rnum=5#8d8c7bf4cd769fa7 I also have this problem, and this is what some others suggested. I don't have access to ...

importing reports from another database
I am importing reports from one database to another. After importing, I have to change the report source to the correct query name and the field names to match the correct query--This seems to work fine except-- I have an expression in this report that will not change. When I go into the expression builder, the fields from the new query are not there. It contains the names of the fields from the report from which it was imported. Am I going about this the wrong way? Do I need to create this report from scratch? Or, is there something else I should be changing.-- Ronnie...

Excel opens with an error report whenever I Boot Up my computer
A couple of days ago, I noticed that whenever I boot up my computer, an error report comes up indicating that Excel needs to close because of error. I unistalled office and the message wnet away. But when I reinstalled Office, the message came right back. Thoughts? ...

Sending E-Mail from CRM Fails
Whenever I attempt to send an e-mail from CRM I get an unexpected error and the following in the error log. The 401 implies some sort of permissions problem. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 9/2/2004 Time: 8:16:41 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispatch the em...

exporting data from a report in to excel using a template
Is their any way of exporting data from a report in to excel using a template? I have tried using DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, stDocName, acFormatXLS but it keeps overrating the file. I am trying to do this from a button a form Thanks for you help ...

2 installations of CRM in one domain
Will it be possible to have 2 installations of CRM in one domain? What are the possible errors or conflicts? We are developing customizations in CRM and we want to have a crm installation for developers and one for testers. Is this ok? Thanks! Hi, You can install CRM within one domain. There is no problem with that. Its a best practise to create an OU for each installation though. Installing on the same server is not possible. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "KitKat" wrote: > Will it be possible to have 2...

Department Sales Report for Times of day
I would like to create a report for a departments sales that would reflect the sales for that department hourly for that day. I would also like to be able to see this same report based on a date range (ie: for a month) Is it also possible to have the same above reports for the individual items within the department? Thanks in advance. Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will give you that report and more. Basically, anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on using Retail Analytics. We have the Up Close and Personal (UCAP) program available for RMS clien...

sample data for CRM 4.0?
I read in the CRM 4.0 implementation guide (yeah, I am reading it!) that CRM 4.0 sample data was supposedly available for download... has anyone located the link for this? The resource center isn't coming up with anything. Thanks! Nick -- Nick Doelman www.readybms.com The sample data will be released soon (for English) and other languages will follow in due course. Philip Richardson [MSFT] "Nick Doelman" wrote: > I read in the CRM 4.0 implementation guide (yeah, I am reading it!) that CRM > 4.0 sample data was supposedly available for download... has anyone loca...

Install CRM & SQL on same server
I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experience performance issues or any other issues related to having the two installed on the same server? Thanks, Chris It is the default install for MS CRM SBE running on Microsoft Small Business Server.. -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Chris Hedlund" <chrishedlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O4UmvratGHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I know it's not recommended, but it is possible. Anyone experien...

Error Report
I have been using Microsoft Money Deluxe 2002 for a while now downloading statements from my 2 banks without a problem. Now all of a sudden I can download from 1 bank fine but the 2nd bank when I download, then I click 'ok' for the 'Import Succesful' Dialogue box I get another window that pops up giving an 'error report' asking me either to 'send' or 'don't send' and after I close the box the download does not go into the program at all. I don't know if its just a problem with that one bank if the other one works or if it is a problem with Micros...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

Delete reports
We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded reports? Also, one of our users saved some reports to the wrong Enterprise folder and we cannot get to them. Is there a way to move them? Thanks! Krista, you can remove and rename rports using an application provided by microsoft. Check this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834791/EN-US/ "Krista" wrote: > We have, over the months, created some reports using Crystal that we no > longer need. Is there a way to purge these unneeded repor...

Tooltips don't appear in Crystal Report Control in VC6/7
Could someone kindly tell me how I can view tooltips created in Crystal Reports 8.5 using a Crystal Report Control (NOT the Crystal Report Viewer Control) ActiveX Object in VC++. Currently I am able to view the crystal reports using the Crystal Report Control from a Dialog based VC++ application, but I have been unsuccessful in making the tooltips appear (even though the tooltips appear fine when opening the report using the crystal report software) Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. CD ...

Can't opening crm in braowser after installing.
Hi, if have installed crm on a server 2003 with sql2005,exchnage2003. The user i installed have domainadministrator access. After installation i can't open crm in the internet explorer. A popup shows which says: activate user dataset. What should I do now. Everything is correct installed, but after the installation I can't go into the crm...???? What should I do now? I hope someone have a solution for me. regards, Michael Hi Karsten, I'm not familiar with the "activate user dataset" message, but I'd like to ask more about your installation - did you point yo...

Looking for a daily drilling reports template for a small Oil & G.
You have to provide a lot more detail than you did. Like what data you want to enter? How you want to enter it? What automation, if any, are you looking for? One way to build such a thing is to imagine you have to do it all by hand on a paper spreadsheet. What would you use for column headers? And so on. HTH Otto "blake" <blake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC4F8166-EE98-4727-B64A-DF6EF7355835@microsoft.com... > Blake, I have made DDR's on Excel before, however it was lost when I was transferred. For wells that require only a...

Visual studio with CRM server
When i install VS.Net on CRM Server it install another framework version and CRM dosent work after that . I need to use VB.NET with CRM and idea how i can accomplish this on the same server or can i do it from another machine ? Hi, VS.NET work well opn the CRM Server. If you have CRM 1.2 you need to install VS.NET 2003 (.NET Framework 1.1). If you have CRM 1.0 you need to install VS (.NET Framework 1.0) "Silverwing" wrote: > When i install VS.Net on CRM Server it install another framework version and CRM dosent work after that . I need to use VB.NET with CRM and ide...