CRM Reports 05-17-07

hello,

When I am creating a report using Visual Studio, for the phone call entity
the "Recipient" field is not there to be added to my reports. This is a
partylist field type. Please Help......

Thanks............
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm working on activity reports, too.  I created a subreport for the activity
party, using this query:

SELECT     activityid, participationtypemaskname, partyidname
FROM         dbo.FilteredActivityParty
WHERE     (NOT (participationtypemaskname IN ('owner', 'regarding'))) AND
(CAST(activityid AS nvarchar(50)) = @activID)

Then my layout is just a 2-column table with no header or footer showing the
participationtypemaskname and the partyidname.

I skip Owner and Regarding because those fields are already populated in the
FilteredActivityPointer view.  This allows me to show phone calls or emails
and list the originator (sender), recipient, any CC recipients or BCC
recipients, etc.

Hope this helps.

Karla

"Irshard" wrote:

> hello,
>
> When I am creating a report using Visual Studio, for the phone call entity
> the "Recipient" field is not there to be added to my reports. This is a
> partylist field type. Please Help......
>
> Thanks............

Act! to CRM Migration
Well it is appearant to me now that the CRM Data Migration Framework is a giant hunk of poo. It not only doesn't work but it frustrates you while enot working. Can anyone suggest a CRM datamigration tool or method that doesn't cost more than $500. My client bought CRM under the OpenValue plan and it is costing more then they EVER spent on Act! to migrate the data that the whitepaper said would migrate easily. -- - I am Johnny here is the solution you need http://www.scribesoft.com/ its more than 500 dollars though but worth it if you dont want to mess with the DMF -- John...

Sent Faxes in CRM 3 don't show in History?
I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verified by receiving person) however it doesn't get logged in the history. I can't seem to find any record of it except on the Fax Console on the server?? Anyone else have this problem or no how to solve it? ps: As a workaround I thought I might be able to automatically route faxes sent back th...

How to modify UI lables/captions in the existing MS CRM Menu's
Hi I am new to customization of the MS CRM UI. Can anyone guide me as to how to go about customizing the MS CRM UI lables/captions that are there on the various forms. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Amit Reddy Log into CRM with a user that has CRM System Administrator role assigned to it. Go to the Home Page in CRM. Click the Settings tab on the left, then click "System Customization." You will get a list of the different entities in CRM: leads, accounts, cases, contacts, opportunities, etc. Click the entity that you wish to customize. For example, click...

Reports from outlook
When i run a report from my workstation than he always ask for my credentials. When i logon to the server locally with my credentials then it works. The CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 server are running on the same server. How can I solve the problem that i can run a report from the outlook client? ...

Customising views in CRM 3
I altered the default active user view and the advanced find user view by adding the domain logon field. However when I then use those views the additional field does not appear. When I go back to the customisation screens for those views the additional field is not present. I executed iisreset but this had no effect. Where am I going wrong? Did you "Publish" those customizations? If you didn't, that's probably why you haven't seen the changes. Thanks, Mitch ...

Outlook 07 to MSX07 over VPN via 3G very slow
Hi, We have a user on Outlook 2007 with a PST file who uses a 3G modem and VPN connection when out on the road. On the LAN he is fine, hooks up to Exchange, downloads his mail to the PST (which I hate, but oh well..) and its all good. Put this same guy on the road with a 3G modem, establish a VPN connection where DNS and etc.. all work properly, open Outlook and it takes an eternity before he can even view his local PST emails, and then send/receive is hit and miss (if it works its abysmally slow else it just wont work). Does anyone know why this would be so slow even with ...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

Property Tax Reporting
Hello: The Fixed Assets tutorial on PartnerSource very briefly says that the Location ID in Fixed Asset Management factors into property tax reporting. How so? There are no property tax rates or calculations in Fixed Asset Management. Speaking of reports, it would be nice if Fixed Asset Management had forms of some sort that it could print. What I mean by that is that certain CPA firms use other software such as Thomson Creative Solutions as it prints out the necessary tax forms for the client. Do you think Fixed Asset Management will eventually have this? It would make it more ...

CRM on SBS?
Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K3? Q2.) If I install it on another server,can it use the SBS Exchange and not muck up current mail content? Please excuse if a total duh... Mike yes you can check out this updated chapter from the implementation guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ddbb17dc-fe7f-4309-b03b-1fc1c4eb6a97&DisplayLang=en -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Mike" <mike@fictitiousspamplocker.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:eddCIoyZFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Q1.) Can you run CRM on SBS 2K...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

Sales Tax reporting on cash payment
Great Plains only allows us to report Sales Tax at time of invoicing. I would love to see a Sales Tax reporting setup option in which you are asked, how do you report? Time of INvoice or Time of Receipt. This was a feature of RealWorld software that anyone who upgrades to Great Plains has lost this functionality and now has to record their sales tax manually if they pay their sales tax based on when the Receivable Invoice is Paid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

schedule a task to run a report
I need to use the Windows task scheduler to run a report, I can see how to do this if the access file is closed. What if the file is currently open ? regards Trevor -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-gettingstarted/200911/1 Hi Trevor, use a different database for the scheduler task ... link to all your tables, put your report in there and anything else it needs create an AutoExec macro that opens the report (which will automatically print unless you specify otherwise) and then exits Access Warm Regards, ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Tuesday, April 20, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 131 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Mailbox Management Report is blank
I set up a policy to Generate a report of all users Sent and Deleted Items folders. I set the reporting level to Summary as a test and also Detail as a test. Each time I run the Mailbox Maintenancde Process, the email gets sent to the administrator I chose but it is blank. Even on the detail attachment it is blank. The event viewer log shows the correct information that should be on the report, but the email is blank. Any ideas? Does the exchange server need a MAPI client installed like 5.5 needed? You shouldn't install Oultook on your exchange server. I've run into problems wi...

Omit data based on criteria in reports
I have a report which gives an employee's productivity rating, based on a set standard. This standard depends on what product the employee is running at the time. However, some times the employees run products that do not have standards associated with them (trial products for instance). A daily report tells: Employee Product How much was produced How much was expected (standard) % Expected (How much was produced/How much was expected) When a trial product is run on a given day, the % Expected number is Null (=IIf([How much was expected] = 0, Nul...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Products added directly to Opportunity
Why can't I link and display products when they are added directly to an Opportunity? I can do it using Access but not with CRM tools - Reports or Advanced Query. I need a list for a date range of all products sold by Owner. The sales team do not use Orders or Quotes. Our partner said it would work fine to just add the product directly to the Opportunity. Only problem, no reports! Any help greatly appreciated. -- JNech Houston On the left-hand side of the Opportunity screen, there is a section titled 'Products' which lists the Products that are potentially been sold as part ...

Comparing three separate reports #2
I'm trying to take three separate reports and extract the data that is the same in column a and b. This report will pull the entire line of data based on a and b being the same on all three reports. Example is a financial institution looking for customers by name and account # that appear delinquent for three consecutive months. Ty, Create a new sheet. We will use columns A through C will be used in the process for finding the duplicates, so we'll set those up first. Enter "Table" in cell A1, and enter "Key Value" in cell B1, and enter "Appears in 3&qu...

Free Form Text Box in Report
Hi All, I am running a report that runs from a Make Table Query, and then into a cross tab query. The report is in a Switchboard and runs off of a Macro that opens the make table, updates based off of the dates entered, closes it, opens the cross tab. Closes it. Opens the report in print preview. I need others to run the report with no intervention so I entered a text box (as I have done before) into the header that reads: =[Enter Report Ending Date mm/dd/yyy] to allow for the ending date to appear in the header. However, this is not working. I am recieving the following error &q...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Outlook locking up on laptops after CRM installation
I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? On Mar 20, 1:38 am, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of > the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are > having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? Please clarify: are you saying you installed CRM...

Printing columnar reports
HelloI am running Access2.In design mode for a report,File | Print Setup | More I change: the no of items across to 1 or 2 if no. items is 1, I check (with "X") same size as detail If I change the item size to other than same as detail I make sure the value is < the width of column 1 the page width is > the width of column 1 I say "OK" for the print setup Preview the report Perfect! But when I go back to run the report from a menu option, the new print settings do not "stick" ie, have not been saved.Pu...

How do I get a jscript function to load in CRM?
I am a newbie. I just passed by CRM Customization exam, but have yet to do any real work. My first assignment was to write a format function that could be called from several fields. I assumed that I could just load the function into the OnLoad event, but I now see that the OnLoad event is itself a function. The window allows you only to enter the code that would fall between function OnLoad () { }, but not to add a different function. So how do I get this code loaded? I have seen code snippets that showed a line or two of code assigned to a javascript attribute, and I could, pre...

eCommerce (eStore) portal for MS CRM?
I wonder why there is virtually none availble add-ons to open up MS Dynamics CRm 4.0 as a B2C or B2B web portal, but intergrated to CRM.. There is eCommerce for NAv, there is eStore for GP,... but none for CRM. My thinking is; if there is large amount of customer data within CRm (including products), why not share this data directly with a e-store or a partner portal? Only thing which I've found is an accelerator from Microsoft, but there is non commmercial product available to my knowledge. Do you think is there any reason for that? Maybe it makes more sense to have ecomemrce we...

How do I set a pivot table to group quarterly reports by F/Y?
I'm trying to set up a report in Excell using the pivot table function. When I use the "Group Field" function to generate a quarterly report it assigns each quarter according to a calendar year which puts the Jan 2010 data in the 1st QTR and the Oct 2009 data in the 4th Quarter. I want to change this so it begins the 1st QTR in Oct. Is there a way to change the way the pivot table reads and organizes the data? Hi Mark You can aggregate whatever months you want to Quarters manually. Don't use Quarters in the Date Grouping, just use Month Highlight the 3 mon...