CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication

Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting
Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services.
We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth.

Is this possible with CRM?
Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of
CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM email router 04-04-04
I have the crm server,exchange and email router installed on one machine But it's not clear to me how the email router should function if i create an email activity in crm and send the mail to another crm user, everything seems to work fine, an activity is created in crm with a GUID and a mail is received on the recipients side When i reply to this mail (using simply outlook), nothing happens? Should the router not intercept this (my CRMEmailEnabled flag is set correctly), is this because i'm sending messages between two crm users? or because i'm not using the sales client for ou...

Search information using the main form
I am making a access db with a main form and linked a subform. I can show the record by entering the primary key in the main form and the subform will show the relevant information --- that is ok! But i try to enter infomation in the other text box in main form but no action only the table content changed! ---- problem How to use the other text boxes to search the record and the result can be seen in main form and of course related record will be shown in the sub-form as using the primary key. How to prevent the content to be changed as mentioned but only after the button will created lat...

Time scale axis should be available in PivotChart Report.
We should be able to time scale the X axis in PivotChart Reports. Pivot Charts are very usefull. I don't see any good reason to lose the time scale propety while doing a PivotChart Report. > Pivot Charts are very useful. I guess I don't agree. It could have beenn true, except for the severe limitations in Pivot Charts, one of which is the topic of your post, which render them nearly useless in most nontrivial applications. The only time I make pivot charts, in fact, is to answer posts in this group. I make regular charts from pivot table data. This is not too hard, as long...

GP10 UserGetInfo and Crystal Report
for GP8 and GP9 we use RetrieveGlobals to returns user ID, Password, SQL Server DSN and use these info to connect to Crystal Report in VBA. GP10 UserGetInfo does not return user password, SQL name, so is there any recommended workaround to connect to crystal report? we try not to directly add a user in SQL for crystal report purpose but prefer to use GP user login ID/pwd for the crystal connection. any advice is much appreciated. This was addressed before on the newsgroups. Please go through the following post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread...

Resume document (*.doc) parsing to MS CRM database
Hi all, If I would like to reduce entry resume's data (name, address, work experience, skill set etc )from resume document (Word, PDF file) by once I open Word document, then system will auto take each content and put in the right field in MS CRM Form so that end-users have resume information before they can change / modify later. My question is how can I do this ? Do I need third party resume parsing software ? Or If I want to create my own parser, how complicated or concerning things I have to consider. I don't have experience about reading or parsing other documents before...

Has any one setup a Bowler Handicap Form?
Hopefully, someone that bowls will see this, and have an answer! I use a bowling program which allows me to import to Excell (and other programs!). I import the following information, the Lane the bowlers are on, the team number, if they are male or female, their current handicap. I am able to sort the order to where the team that is bowling on lane one is on the top. This information is imported to my sheet 1 of the workbook. I would like page two of the work book to be set up, to where after the import and sort, it automatically, puts the information in a printable form. Some teams ha...

Set form dirty through unbound control
Dear all, I have an unbound listbox (multiselect) on a bound form. The listbox and its selection are populated via vba from a table. I have an invisible helper txt field which is bound to a table. The helper txt receives whatever is selected in the listbox by setting its value property to the list box elements. Unfortunately this does not make the form dirty. Apparently changing the value property of a txt field does not trigger the dirty event but only changing the text property of a text field does. I can not set the text value of my little helper txt field because it has to have focus ...

Error Installing SQL jobs during installation of CRM 4.0 trail ver
While trying to install SQL jobs during installation of CRM 4.0 trail version i get an error message. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction failed. Invalid user name.Failed to validate username for given domain.only existing domain usernames and email addresses are allowed Invalid user name.Failed to validate username for given domain.only existing domain usernames and email addresses are allowed can anyone help me solve out this issue ? ...

Command button on a continuous form
Hi, I have a subform that lists all the records linked to the main form's record. Naturally, there is a new record at the end of the list. I put a command button on that subform so that the user can edit the corresponding record. But the problem is that all the command buttons are enabled (on every single row, even the new record row). I would like to enable only the one occurrence that is on the selected record. Is that possible? Thanks. -- Jac Tremblay No, what you probably need to do is to put the command button in the form's geader or footer. -- Arvin Meyer, ...

Sending HTML format report is not working #2
I have been sending RTF report from Ms Access on the body of the email. I need to send it in HTML format instead, but it is not working. The body of the email displays the whole source instead of the HTML formatted body. I have realized that the email format shows "Plain Text" and "Rich Text" format only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Below there is an example of what I am getting, please check: <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=windows-1252"><TITLE>Renta...

Custom Forms Authentication
Hi, All, We’re rolling out Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the coming weeks. We’ve developed a lot of customization, including developing custom solutions to help extend Microsoft CRM 1.2 to meet our business requirements. We’ve created a virtual directory inside the Microsoft 1.2 Website and used the ISV file for integration. We would like our custom solutions to share the authentication of Microsoft CRM so the users only have to login once (Login to MSCRM)… Basically, because our users have already authenticated it doesn’t make much sense for them to authenticate again when accessing our c...

Can somebody tell me how to create uomschedules and UOM By CRM SDK
I can not use the following code to do this. Can somebody tell me how to do this? thanks! crmsdk.CreateRequest create = new crmsdk.CreateRequest(); crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM target = new crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM(); crmsdk.uom myuom = new crmsdk.uom(); // crmsdk.uomschedule myuomschedule = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.uomschedule(); myuom.name = name1; myuom.quantity = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.CrmDecimal(); myuom.quantity.Value = Convert.ToDecimal(1)...

'run report with name' to a specified printer
I am trying to call the run report with name Dex script and tell it to go to a specific printer, namely PrintBoss 50. This is a custom report that is not listed in named printers. I am calling it with: run report with name "BOL" destination false,true printer 'PrintBoss 50' This does not work. The doc seems to say that somehow I need to use the Printer_Define and/or Printer_GetName functions as the printer parameter is {printer settings}. Can someone tell me how to do this? The 'run report with name' and 'run report' statements expect the p...

data validation in the form
Hi, I would like to perform data validation before the insertion of a new record into the table in Access database. So in the form, i have a few fields that need to be checked to see if they are empty or entered. I have the following codes in the event of "Form_BeforeUpdate" Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim mesg, Title As String 'Check if all the required fields are entered If Me.Stud_ID <> "" Then If Me.Department_ID <> "" Then 'warning message mesg = &quo...

Move CRM 3.0 from default web site to virtual directory
Hi, I would like to move the current CRM 3.0 installation from the default website to a virtual directory. Is this possible? I would like to be able to access the CRM system by using http://portal.mycompany.com/crm. The reason is that I would like to install a certificate for portal.mycompany.com. There are a few other apps that I would like to publish on this server and then I will only need one certificate. The second app would be accessible through http://portal.mycompany.com/app2. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Ren=E9 ...

Form Closing.
I have read a few of the questions and answers in the forum regarding this, but to be honest, I have lost the plot with it. If I have a switcboard form, from where I navigate to the other forms, how do I close the previous form? Say I go from the switchboard to say to the main input form, then back to the switchboard again. Where would I write the code to tell me to close the main input form? As ever any help is gradly received and appreciated. Many thanks. Cel504 Have a button to open the second form. Private Sub cmdOpenForm2_Click9) DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2&quo...

Tracking opens and clickthroughs in CRM
Hello, This is a multipart question that relates to CRM as well as general computer/internet knowledge... I send out flyers designed in correlDraw and other desktop publishing software. My first question is can I send a mass mailing to selected leads and customers from CRM with the flyer EMBEDDED in the email, not as an attachment? If its possible how is this accomplished? Secondly, there are many services out there that allow you to design an html flyer and send it out via the web using their email (www.constantcontact.com). Once the flyer is sent out they can track how many pe...

Customize Reports 10-30-03
I am looking to find out how we can customize reports that are in CRM. What will I need to accomplish this task? Buy the full version of Crystal Reports for MS CRM from your MS CRM vendor.... Sjaak Rovers The Netherlands "Katie Heller" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:031701c39f30$ba3fb610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking to find out how we can customize reports > that are in CRM. What will I need to accomplish this > task? You will need version 8.5 of Crystal and the CRM Enhancement CD for Crystal Reports. I forget which CD it...

Services not running
I am running 2k3 and trying to install Exchange 2k3. It keeps telling me NNTP and SMTP are not running even though I just added them in my Windows components and went to Services and started and restarted them and also started and restarted them on IIS . Any ideas? please help. Try asking them here. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/threads -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "john" wrote: >...

CRM SQL error
When I try to open CRM I get this error message: Cannot open database "metabase" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick Some ideas: Was it working ok before? Other users have the same issue? or All users? Same error if running on the CRM Server? SQL Server? Anything changed on the SQL Server, AD setting? Network setting? Try a reboot of the SQL/CRM Servers? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com &quo...

Delivery reports... or NOT !!!!
Hi All, Just wondering if anyone else has this same problem that Delivery reports are not working but read requests are working. MTIA Chris outlook 2003 xp pro sp3 -- charlieisleofwight > Just wondering if anyone else has this same problem that Delivery > reports are not working but read requests are working. > MTIA > Chris > outlook 2003 > xp pro sp3 What type of server and what type of recipients? Generally, it's up to a server to reply with a delivery receipt, and who knows what might be blocking it (like, say, a spam filter on your server). -- f.h. Microso...

Report Builder with CRM 01-08-07
what user rights do users need to run Report builder? i have only gotten it to run with domain admins right... ...

CRM 4.0 Upgrade Installation - CRM Database
I am attempting to perform an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. My CRM Server is on SERVER01 My CRM Database Server is on SERVER02 My Reporting Services Database Server is on SERVER03 I get to the point where it is validating the install. When it comes to the Microsoft CRM Database, I get an alert that says "Device Not Ready" and it hangs. I checked the event log, and I see the following error message: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0 Does anyone have any ideas about this error? It turned out to be a security issue because the domain account was not in the ...

Importing Crystal Reports in Great Plains #2
Is it possible to import Crystal reports into Great Plains? ...

resource report
I am trying to make a assignment report of To Do List inside of a resource pool, but (after I choose the resource)when I press select it says there is no data to be printed, even though I can see there is a lot of data! I think this is the best report I could do it to show my resources their tasks as I don't have a Project server! Any help?? Txs Silene Hi. In a Resource Pool, only the Resource Usage View shows assignment data. The task usage does not because the pool has no tasks. Try the Resource Usage View and see how you go. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP ...