CRM Queries

Hi, I have a few queries that one of our customers has put to us.  Can
someone let me know their thoughts.

Our customer wants to know whether it is possible to have something
where within CRM you can view others users calendars?  They would like
to view it like you would in MS Outlook, the customer is going to be
using the CRM Browser Client not Outlook for Sales.

Also, within MS CRM I arn't sure whether this is a fault but I have
managed to create 2 identical accounts, same name, contact numbers and
account number.  Is this what I should expect surely its something
that needs fixing?  Does anyone know how to get round this?

Is there anyway to make it so when you create an appointment and
assign this to another user it checks the calendar before assigning?
At the moment it seems that the user can create duplicate and assign
but after assigning if you look in the appointments it shows a
conflict on the assigned user.

Let me know if you have any idea's about these.  Also let me know if
you know of any ISV's that would offer something like this.

Thanks
Mick
0
mick_smith
11/22/2004 10:12:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM and Mobile devices
Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile can be used on? Pocket PC 2003 devices including the Phone Editions. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Jerry Warden-Smith" <jerry_nospam@ibbd.co.uk> wrote in message news:8b8d01c4964a$0b08aa00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, does anyone know what mobile devices the CRM mobile > can be used on? ------=_NextPart_0001_B285F5F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In addition t...

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Query wildcard symbols
Just a heads-up in case this bites you, too. I migrated an application from Access 2002 to Access 2007. I have a search form for the users to enter some criteria ... the form dynamically builds a SQL WHERE clause before opening a "results" form based on an underlying query that includes all the fields available to search on. Once in Access 2007 format, the search form opens empty every time?! When I add selection criteria to the underlying query directly, the result set is empty every time?! Oh wait, I'm using the "*" (anything/everything) wildcard character. W...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

CRM Time Error
Hi, The dates stored in the DB in sql Server is diffent, from when you browse it throghe IE. Correct dates shows in IE, but not in SQL DB. I am generating a Birthday Reminder which is not coming in the correct date since time in DB is Incorrect. Please Help..... Irshard Zahir Hi Irshard, The dates in the database are converted to the local date of the user. The problem can be tackeled by using the CRM SDK. Hopefully this works if not please let me know. Regards, Ron "Irshard" <Irshard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7A1EC9-87E7-4B8D-8F0F-B7CFE9...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Reading empty query returns
When I open a form that has a bound query as the record source, no data appears (including the control objects of the form) if the query's select statement does not finds records that match the criteria I specify. This causes a problem in my VBA code as the variable I use to check the number of records returned by the query does not seem to be able to read empty query returns, even if I use isnull. So I guess I am asking how can I get Access to read an empty result set in VBA from a SQL select statement that is run??? Here is part of my code for this: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName2, , ...

Query Flaw???
I need only one value from an aggregate Query - TheStores, which means the Number of Inspections in a "From - To" Timeframe. I use that as part of a calculation. The "Inspections" table contains only a Store and an InspectionDate. It gives me the result I need...but no Join...the Query has several other Fields from "Randy_F_FindFreq", but has been trimmed as an example here. SELECT Randy_F_FindFreq.AAll, Randy_Insp.TheStores, Round([AAll]/[TheStores],4) AS PerAll FROM Randy_F_FindFreq, Randy_Insp; Is this "sound"? TIA - Bob Without a join yo...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

CRM email Key
When attempting to send an email using Micosoft CRM I receive a "COMMUNICATION ERROR with a subtitle that reads missing Microsoft CRM key." I did not believe you had to have the Exchange Router installed to send email. The router is for automating routing of messages. Do you need this installed if you are not going to use automated routing? Thanks The Exchange Router is used to send emails, hence the error message you are receiving. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:34:02...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

CRM SFO setup
Hi Everyone: I am having some problems with the SFO client. Situation: I have a machine that is not joined to the domain. The machine is updated accordingly with all of the latest SP's. At this point it is joined to the domain. Now, at this point there are 2 different profiles. The one for the local machine and then the one for the domain. All of my outlook is on the local machine. I proceed to log onto the domain and then my outlook does the new installation as it should. Here is my BIG situation: This machine is a travelling machine is rarely in the office. There mi...

Microsoft Query #8
I'm using Excel to query an oracle database. When I go to Microsoft Query to edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables. I click on the view menu and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables". Thus, all that shows up in the screen is the data in my query. This has happend to me before. Can anybody help me? I was able to answer my own question. It seems when query is complicated enough, you are unable to view the criteria, since you are now using SQL to query the data. It seems that if you click on the SQL button and scroll down, delete th...

Totals Query Help!
Hi, I have a table with the following fields: Manufacturer Model Value SoldMonth What I'm trying to do is write a query that will give me an average Value for each month, but I want the average to be based only on records where the Model is consistent across all months. So if Model x is missing from one or more months all records for that model would be excluded from all the overall Monthly averages. So the query will only average records where the Model is present in each month. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Regards.....Jason It'll help us if you can ...

Need help with the query.
How can I get desire results below. I cannot seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciate. IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#Temp', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Temp GO CREATE TABLE #Temp ( UserHistoryId INT NULL, UserId VARCHAR(6) NULL, EventDate DATETIME NULL ) GO INSERT INTO dbo.#Temp([UserHistoryID],[UserId],[EventDate])VALUES (664, 'User1', CONVERT(DATETIME, 0x00008eac00000000)) INSERT INTO dbo.#Temp([UserHistoryID],[UserId],[EventDate])VALUES (1014, 'User1', CONVERT(DATETIME, 0x00009c2600ef152a)...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

CRM V1.2 and SBS 2003 Not Working installation issues
Greetings and Happy New Year My Question is why doesn't CRM behave correctly? Environemnt is SBS2003 Premium Exchange Configred and running correctly. ISA running using 2 Nics. Domain with active directory running ok. SQL 2000 with service packs 3a applied. IIS running ok default websites all accessable. Firstly i followed the IG for SBS2003(Fresh Install with all updates) all prerequisites were ticked off prior to installation. Install procedure was followed to the letter. Results :( http://localhost causes IE to spit up You do not have permissions to view this Web Site. What ...

Force data type from Text to Memo in a simple Make Table Query
I'm concatenating fields of various data types that upon completion sometimes reaches around 500 characters. Not huge, but larger than the Text limitation to which is what Access 2007 of course converts this. How can I force the data type to be Memo while I'm in the query so the resulting table displays all the data without any truncation. -- TIA Eric S UPRR I don't believe you can. I think you'll have to create the table first, and then append to it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "E...

Using single button to run multiple query
I want to use single button on the form to run multiple queries. How it can be done? Where should I write queries and code? One way to do this would be to create your queries, then use the command button to run code that calls each query. Another approach would be to create all your queries, then create a macro that runs all your queries, and call that macro using code behind a command button. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Gajanan&qu...

CRM on XP
Can I install MS-CRM 1.2 on Win - XP four testing ??? The MSCRM Server v1.0/v1.2 CANNOT be install on Win XP. Only the Sales for Outlook Client can be on XP Pro. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Can I install MS-CRM 1.2 on Win - XP four testing ??? > > > >. > Its fine just to install only Sales four outlook - but I dont know how to doo it. Can I get a littet help? THX Henrik "Frank Lee" <frank@workopia.nospam.com> wrote in message...

Users Crm
Hi, I have a crm server, only one person seems to be able to view the web page, all the other get a box saying you are not authorised. Users have been created for all of these people. Also interestinly there are com+ errors for the executive and svc groups and dcom errors in the event logs. Are these anything to do with it? Thanks have all these user been assigned CRM Licenses and security roles? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Matt Owen" <mowen@omniis.com> wrote in message news:bc4d4b18.0...