CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few

Hello,

We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.

We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
using the web interface and the outlook one.

We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
everytime they try to do anything in CRM.

One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the
crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in
outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
again...

I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
from his machine and the problem still exists.

I have added our crm server to the local intranet sites in IE and set
the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
low and still no luck.

I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to access CRM
fine, it does not prompt me for a login at all.

Please let me know of anything I could try.

Thanks,
Dave

0
davem
3/6/2007 7:50:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Dave,

1.  Tools -> Internet Opotions
2.  Tab: Security
3.  click "Custome Level" button
4.  go to last option "Logon"

is prompt for user name and password selected??

--
take care,
uMar Khan

On Mar 6, 1:18 pm, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> 1.  Tools -> Internet Opotions
> 2.  Tab: Security
> 3.  click "Custome Level" button
> 4.  go to last option "Logon"
>
> is prompt for user name and password selected??
>
> --
> take care,
> uMar Khan
> imu...@gmail.com
>

> "d...@rsc.com" wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
> > have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.
>
> > We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
> > using the web interface and the outlook one.
>
> > We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
> > everytime they try to do anything in CRM.
>
> > One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the
> > crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in
> > outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
> > show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
> > info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
> > again...
>
> > I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
> > that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
> > from his machine and the problem still exists.
>
> > I have added our crm server to the local intranet sites in IE and set
> > the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
> > there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
> > low and still no luck.
>
> > I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to access CRM
> > fine, it does not prompt me for a login at all.
>
> > Please let me know of anything I could try.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Dave- Hide quoted text -

I have gone through those options already, i have tryed both Automatic
logon only in Intranet zone and automatic logon with current username
and password.

The same user that i was using as an example is able to open our
exchange web email interface without a login prompt so it seems to be
only crm related, i had him try to log into the crm web interface
using our terminal server and that worked fine, so.. the issue is  his
computer and only seems to be crm...

any ideas?

0
davem
3/6/2007 9:43:21 PM
It could be a zone issue.  The security settings mentioned (for some reason)
ar Zone specific.  So, try adding the CRM server to either Trusted Site fo
explicitly to Intranet zone.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

<davem@rsc.com> wrote in message
On Mar 6, 1:18 pm, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> 1.  Tools -> Internet Opotions
> 2.  Tab: Security
> 3.  click "Custome Level" button
> 4.  go to last option "Logon"
>
> is prompt for user name and password selected??
>
> --
> take care,
> uMar Khan
> imu...@gmail.com
>

> "d...@rsc.com" wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
> > have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.
>
> > We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
> > using the web interface and the outlook one.
>
> > We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
> > everytime they try to do anything in CRM.
>
> > One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the
> > crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in
> > outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
> > show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
> > info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
> > again...
>
> > I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
> > that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
> > from his machine and the problem still exists.
>
> > I have added our crm server to the local intranet sites in IE and set
> > the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
> > there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
> > low and still no luck.
>
> > I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to access CRM
> > fine, it does not prompt me for a login at all.
>
> > Please let me know of anything I could try.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Dave- Hide quoted text -

I have gone through those options already, i have tryed both Automatic
logon only in Intranet zone and automatic logon with current username
and password.

The same user that i was using as an example is able to open our
exchange web email interface without a login prompt so it seems to be
only crm related, i had him try to log into the crm web interface
using our terminal server and that worked fine, so.. the issue is  his
computer and only seems to be crm...

any ideas?

0
Matt
3/8/2007 7:29:22 AM
On Mar 7, 11:29 pm, "Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com>
wrote:
> It could be a zone issue.  The security settings mentioned (for some reason)
> ar Zone specific.  So, try adding the CRM server to either Trusted Site fo
> explicitly to Intranet zone.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>
> <d...@rsc.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 6, 1:18 pm, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi Dave,
>
> > 1.  Tools -> Internet Opotions
> > 2.  Tab: Security
> > 3.  click "Custome Level" button
> > 4.  go to last option "Logon"
>
> > is prompt for user name and password selected??
>
> > --
> > take care,
> > uMar Khan
> > imu...@gmail.com
>
> > "d...@rsc.com" wrote:
> > > Hello,
>
> > > We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
> > > have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.
>
> > > We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
> > > using the web interface and the outlook one.
>
> > > We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
> > > everytime they try to do anything in CRM.
>
> > > One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the
> > > crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in
> > > outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
> > > show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
> > > info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
> > > again...
>
> > > I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
> > > that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
> > > from his machine and the problem still exists.
>
> > > I have added our crm server to the local intranet sites in IE and set
> > > the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
> > > there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
> > > low and still no luck.
>
> > > I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to access CRM
> > > fine, it does not prompt me for a login at all.
>
> > > Please let me know of anything I could try.
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dave- Hide quoted text -

> I have gone through those options already, i have tryed both Automatic
> logon only in Intranet zone and automatic logon with current username
> and password.
>
> The same user that i was using as an example is able to open our
> exchange web email interface without a login prompt so it seems to be
> only crm related, i had him try to log into the crm web interface
> using our terminal server and that worked fine, so.. the issue is  his
> computer and only seems to be crm...
>
> any ideas?- Hide quoted text -

Hi Matt,

I mentioned that I have tried that in my initial email, I am pretty
good with computers and Windows but am pretty stumped on this...

Any other ideas?

0
davem
3/9/2007 11:23:04 PM
We had this same issue.  Once I added the fully qualified server name to the
Intranet zone and modified the default setting so that "automatic logon with
current user name and password" was set.  Everything seemed to work fine.  It
even fixed the same issue within the Outlook CRM desktop interface.

"davem@rsc.com" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
> have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.
>
> We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
> using the web interface and the outlook one.
>
> We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
> everytime they try to do anything in CRM.
>
> One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the
> crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in
> outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
> show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
> info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
> again...
>
> I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
> that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
> from his machine and the problem still exists.
>
> I have added our crm server to the local intranet sites in IE and set
> the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
> there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
> low and still no luck.
>
> I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to access CRM
> fine, it does not prompt me for a login at all.
>

> Please let me know of anything I could try.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Hi all,

Thought Id share some of my experiences with CRM as I take so much
from these groups.

IE has added security that causes issues with CRM and C360. Try the
below solution, it worked for me..!

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then
click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
\FeatureControl\FEATURE_SUBDOWNLOAD_LOCKDOWN
3. Right-click Outlook.exe, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
5. Exit Registry Editor.

Let me know how it goes.

Stefan

On 6 Mar, 19:50, d...@rsc.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that
> have installed IE 7 but we are not sure.
>
> We are usingCRM3 and all our users are domain authed, people are
> using the web interface and theoutlookone.
>
> We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box
> everytime they try to do anything inCRM.
>
> One for example, when he opensoutlookhe gets the message that thecrmserver could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder inoutlookit asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts
> show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for his login
> info again, and when he clicks contacts and opens a contact it asks
> again...
>
> I thought this might be IE 7 related because it seems that most users
> that have IE 7 installed are having this issue so i uninstalled IE 7
> from his machine and the problem still exists.
>
> I have added ourcrmserver to the local intranet sites in IE and set
> the security level to low, that didnt work so i tryed deleting it from
> there and adding it to the trusted sites and lowering the security to
> low and still no luck.
>
> I have not installed IE 7 on my machine and I am able to accessCRM
> fine, it does notpromptme for a login at all.
>
> Please let me know of anything I could try.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

0
bergs77